i think david lynch in russia

Good game, shit movie

one of the worst movies i have ever seen

I like pretentious shit and I agree wtt

Nice, but overrated.

One of the greatest pieces of film ever made

Fuck the edgelord contrarians. They can go back to watching capeshit

It's comfy.

One of the deepest and most profound movies ever made. Watching it literally changed my life, even more profound than when my wife's son was born.

Haven't seen all of tark, but i thoguht mirror was better, that really blew me away

Great movie that became a poser magnet

Mediocre all around, sorry.

Mirror on the other hand is amazing

visually great and all, but I think I didn't get it 2bh

was pretty bored at times

Is a baby being born actually profound though, is it profound when I take a shit in the morning?

good videogame, weird that they made a movie of it

SoC is good, rest is trash

you need to go back

real nice to see in theater

>expected something like the book or the game
>instead got 2deep4u

Great visuals, perfect execution, have three cups of coffee if you want to see it in one sitting.

I'm surprised they didn't get shot making the movie.

It's not deep at all to be honest, just quiet.

same

I get why some people find it boring, but i was enchanted during the whole thing, beautiful and captivating movie

Would be great if every scene was half as long,

Teenagers get off my fucking film board please.

Put that shooter away

this

>watch Tark movie
>omg where's the witty quips? nothing's happening! this is so boooring *pulls out phone*

He's one of the best and his movies are incredible. But his first acts are always a complete chore. It's intentional too, which is crazy to me.

this actually happened when I went to see Andrei Rublev in the recent rerelease, teenagers in superhero t-shirts pulled out their phones like 30 minutes in. I can't imagine why they decided to see it
also fucking hell what a pleb thread

Why does anyone say this movie is deep, that you need to get into it or whatever. In fact it is just slow and every message is being literally spoken by characters.
Visuals are good sometimes. Generally, the movie is classic, but it is overrated as well.

what's the point of even making a post like this

like, do you not realize as you're typing it out how cliche and banal and worthless it is? when you re-read it before hitting the post button (which you probably don't even do because you're too busy wiping the drool coming out of your mouth, you retard), do you not think ''gee, maybe I shouldn't waste my time writing a post that's the literary equivalent of calcified dogshit on the ground?'' actually, dogshit has more worth than your post, because dogshit can have an impact on your life should you step in it, for example. it has dramatic potential.

is your mind just constantly on autopilot? that's the only way you could write a post like this. that would also explain how you could sith through a tarkovsky film.

you're a fucking moron, your mom should have drowned you.

They came to watch it because LE PATRICIAN, because 2DEEP4U and all shit. Tarkovsky is good, but sometimes fedoras pretend like he's really the best. And that is not true.
He's good, but generally he's a one trick pony. Once you get it, you just relax and enjoy his movies without any butthurt.

could you fit any more buzzwords in one post you retard
go back to Cred Forums and come back once you've actually paid attention to any of his films

lurk more

(you)

Lol get the fuck off the internet gramps. Your times over. get the fuck over it

i liked Stalker quite a bit but Solaris did nothing for me

I've had it sitting on my laptop for a few years now but the sheer length always makes me put it off. Should I just delete it?

What is it about.

what a shitty thread

Your taste is shit. Solaris is the superior kino.

t. """'mature"""" 20 year old

I feel like I need to watch it a second time to get it, but it was pretty.

It was a pretty good movie.

doing a film presentation on this next wednesday, yet to watch

crazy it shows up on Cred Forums

Stop baiting you pleb, Solaris is his weakest even Tarkovsky said it

Solaris is great but it's definitely aged worse than Stalker has. The actors are pretty poorly directed, there are too many scenes when they stand around awkwardly waiting for their turn to speak, or simply don't emote (save for Hari), which makes them feel author stand-ins to facilitate philosophical dialogue. Stalker doesn't have this problem, since the central trio are constantly moving throughout the film, and there's no real emotional core to the plot.

Get it watched, there's an awful lot to it.

Should go read roadside picnic next. It's the book the movie and games were based on.

Solaris has an actual plot and an emotional arc though, whereas Stalker is just an excuse for Tark to wax philosophy on us. The main narrative of Stalker is incredibly weak.

>Emotional arc.
lol, where? The actors are horrible in exploring it.

>an excuse for Tark to wax philosophy on us

That's the bulk of Tark's appeal though, and certainly his strong point.

GOAT
O
A
T

The plot is about a dude who's lost his wife to suicide and now a he has a chance to lvie with her again through a fake copy.

Unless you don't find any emotional attachment to wives, the whole story is based around it.

Maybe, but it certainly doesn't make for an interesting story or an interesting movie, you might as well skimread the script at that point.

Yes because I've recently found out people unironically have horrible attention spans and tap out during the trolly and "meatmincer" scene and my only argument as to why is you're not really intelligent enough to be enthralled by it.

So just delete it and accept your life as a pleb who should be watching garbage tv series

he is the best though

and I'm not a fedora who pretends to look and feel cultured. There is just no one like Tark who uses cinema so purely in their artistic output

>Stalker
>no emotional arc
Stalker is essentially
>emotional arc - the film

I don't find any emotion in it because the actors are laughably bad, delivery of dialogue is horrendously stilted, stiff in the worst way possible and there's so much of dialogue exposition it just goes on and on and on.

It's badly exectured part of the film.

Book>game>movie
Only plebs disagree

no

>He has lived enough to see his desires change

I loved Solaris but never got the highway scene

>Stalker monologue at the end
>the futile battle of faith vs pride
>not heartbreaking

I agree with , the emotional aspect of Solaris is horribly executed. Also, regarding Stalker, you could make your argument about literally any cerebral movie. There's such a thing as atmosphere, cinematography, suspense...you can't really question why someone would pick film as a medium to tell a story when the answer is always going to be so obvious. Go watch Stalker and tell me you'd get the same effect from reading the screenplay.

Man's search for meaning, assisting people in the search and focuses on decisions that morph your already morphing identity.

A letdown for me but I went in with expectations made from the game.

It was a scene of a very modern (and 'cold) life back in the day (it was of Japan that was probably very modern in compared to Soviet Union of that time, 70s).

The drive embodies the different states - reality versus thought and memory, past versus present and future, old ideas versus new, the progression of human thinking from boundaries of the past toward a limitless future of understanding, man-made constructs versus nature. These things are at the heart of the questions regarding human experience and human understanding that the film is contemplating, and by setting up the changes from black and white to color, via a literal "journey" in which present becomes past and old becomes new, moving forward and requiring thought and patience, Tarkovsky provides a clear transition that serves many purposes and sets up some central methodology he'll use later on to explore the themes of the film. (Look at the film's later complete reversal of some of the representative concepts, with the manifestations of human thought always represented in color, for example, using the earlier symbolic rendition of "reality" and finally ceasing any distinctions between the two states.)

The book was pretty cool.

Simply another proof that video games are better than movies.

Wow really cool man thanks. I guess seeing it in a theater lets you get thinking and all instead of zoning out

>I'm surprised they didn't get shot making the movie.

Well basically the whole crew including the director got cancer as a result of filming in radiated areas. Bravo Tark

This.

>film
boring, pretentious, only a few hours long and is still a slog
>game
challenging, immersive, thought-provoking, hundreds of hours of entertainment

>mfw plebs like you don't get neither can appreciate Stalker

No, Solaris, for all its flaws, is still interesting because of its accurate depiction of male psychology. There is nothing interesting about Stalker, calling it an excuse to "was philosophy" is giving it too much credit.

as

>tfw you're too stupid to understand a Tarkovsky movie
>tfw you still enjoy them because muh atmosphere

>Tarko/v/sky
>deep
I hate this meme.

I live where they filmed Stalker.
My dad used to take me out to the zone when I was a little kid.
I've been in the Meat Grinder.
I didn't find out about Stalker until years later. It was like Tarkovski made a home movie about my childhood.

Don't you have dead general to shitpost to lbg shitstain

Remove the notion that they're 'deep' like as in a puzzle to solve and let them wash over you.

I can't enjoy most of the art house like Tarkovsky, Bergman or Tarr. I want to but I simply can't.

I have to watch those movies "manually" and constantly think what the fuck does this or that shot mean.
I know there is nothing to "get" but I can't just get lost in it and enjoy the experience. If I don't google about the movie afterwards atleast 75% of the movie would stay a complete abstraction to me.
If I watched Persona without knowing that it is considered as a masterpiece, I would probably think it was made by some edgy film school student that happens to have a eye for good shot composition. Normally I love slow paced movies that take their time, but those are literally 2deep4me.

So I guess I will live the rest of my life as a filthy pleb :(

>I have to watch those movies "manually" and constantly think what the fuck does this or that shot mean.
Stop that and just watch them, and then later rewatch them. You have a thinking like there's a mystery to solve and pearl to be found int he film but that's not it.

And if you honestly don't understand 75% of Tarkovsky film you should take an IQ test or something, that's pretty serious dude. It's not like he is trying to obfuscate his themes, ideas in them.

>and with a wicked sense of humor

thats cool as heck, must feel weird watching it

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a better game than Stalker a movie.

he has literally explained the entire movie in interviews. except for the ending.

even if you don't get anything out of it it's not exactly a mystery.

Shut the fuck up you embarrassing spastic.

this famalam
real kinophiles talk about andrei rublev or nostalghia

lol your fucking patchetic you know that right? baka'ing at these 20 something "kinosseurs"....

pic related.
its what they should have done with you.

>using torrents makes you 16
are you genuinely retarded?
no I really want to know. do you have down syndrome or something you fucking idiot

It's just letterboxd general shitposters leaking out of their containment thread.

It's memé you dip.

ITT: raged plebs on damage control calling everyone 16 for liking a 40 year old movie

like that fucking makes sense

Thread theme

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3cqDXlfASMM

I swear to God, it annoys me how contrarian this board gets. Like, even minute to minute, it's amazing to see this board switch from one stance to the other.

>Cred Forums isn't one person

No shit. There are prevailing mentalities of a board, though.

see

Stalker is a bunch of bored russians running aorund playing pretend.

Watch some nice hot russian women dance to song!

youtube.com/watch?v=bOlm-rsdCBM