>fucks his sweet onee-san
>becomes emperor of Rome

How can one man be so lucky?

btw is this show worth watching? I've only streamed the lewd scenes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WsGEoYUZ6r8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes, it's good.

Alas the young chap pictured is replaced with a different actor (time skip) who is not as good, or at least, not as likeable / interesting in the same role

I never understood why they added that incest stuff, as there's no evidence that Augustus was ever into sister fucking. Does HBO just have some sort of incest quota to fill?

It's really not that good. It's the start of HBO overproducing shows and getting acclaim where it isn't due. Watch I Claudius instead.

The real Augustus was more of a conservative than anything else. So yeah, incest would be a little out of the ordinary.

Season 1 is absolute telekino

people are often conservatives to hide the fact that they were at some point extreme degenerates in their life. Especially the ones full of self doubt/hatred.

That's just you projecting, lmao.

As a young man Augustus was accused of various improprieties. For instance, Sextus Pompey jeered at his effeminacy; Mark Antony alleged that Julius Caesar made him submit to unnatural relations as the price of adoption; Antony’s brother Lucius added that after sacrificing his virtue to Caesar, Augustus had sold his favours to Aulus Hirtius in Spain, for 3,000 gold pieces and that he used to soften the hair in his legs by singeing them with red-hot walnut shells.
Not even his friends could deny that he often commited adultery, though of course they said, in justification, that he did so for reasons of state, not simply passion – he wanted to discover what his enemies were at by getting intimate with their wives or daughters. Mark antonym accused him not only of indecent haste in marrying Livia, but of hauling an ex-consul’s wife from her husband’s dining room into the bedroom – before his eyes too! He brought the woman back, says Antony, blushing to the ears and with her hair in disorder. Antony also writes that Scribonia was divorced for having said a little too much when a rival got her claws into Augustus and that his friends used to behave like Toranius, the slave dealer, in arranging his pleasures for him – they would strip mothers of families, or grown girls of their clothes and inspect them as though they were up for sale. A racy letter of Antony’s survives, written before he and Augustus had quarrelled privately or publicly:

“What has come over you? Do you object to my sleeping with Cleopatra? But we are married; and it is not even as though this were anything new – the affair started nine years ago. And what about you? Are you faithful to Livia Drusilla? My congratulations if, when this letter arrives, you havenot been in bed with Tertullia, or Terentilla, or Rufilla, or Salvia Titisenia – or all of them. Does it really matter so much where, or with whom you perform the sexual act?”

And Suetonius goes on to say:

The charge of being a womanizer stuck, and as an elderly man he is said to have still harboured a passion for deflowering girls, who were collected for him from every quarter, even by his wife! [Livia]

>The real Augustus was more of a conservative

>Why have you changed? Is it because I’m screwing the queen? Is she my wife? Have I just started this or has it been going on for nine years? How about you -- Is it only Drusilla you screw? Congratulations, if when you read this letter you have not been inside of Tertulla or Terentilla, Rufilla or Salvia Titiseniam, or all of them. Does it really matter where you or in whom you dip your wick?

>Stap away from my chair.
>-If you will be my wife you should know i will beat you because that gives me joy, - Okay
he did pretty good, imo

Rumors are just that, rumors. We've dreamed up entire personages of emperors based on a couple of Romans spreading propaganda about them. See, Nero.

i think he missed out on atia desu

Best show for my money.

2000 years later and there are still faggots making excuses for him

it's a great show to watch while in highschool with all the other highschoolers and talk about how good it is

it's 2016 and not 2007 though so you'll be more IT if you just watch GoT

It's shit

I'm on ep. 5 now, it's great. Feels like better GoT desu. Even better if you are into history, makes it easier to follow.

I want to fuck that boy

>Even better if you are into history
No it's worse because you see all the bullshit inaccuracies the show is chock full of.

when did he fuck his sister? i don't remember this

Adult Octavian is fucking based. He is a shark in a human body. The good kind of pragmatic visionary that Cred Forums believe themselves to be.

youtube.com/watch?v=WsGEoYUZ6r8
>You will be a figure of fun. The proles will laugh at you in the street, your soldiers will mock you behind your back
>Go on, strike me. See what happens

the actor is worse tho

not to mention it's completely a different character, always bothers me, you root for young octavian, you kinda look weird at the old one

this!

his intelligence and insight as a child is almost endearing because he's a child. or perhaps in contrast to the lack of vision of almost everyone around him.

as an adult he just seems like an odd cunt.

Ikr he seems a full blown autistic asshole all of a sudden, shame really

>Read books about Ceasar and Brutus
>Brutus is badass as fuck warrior
>Rome portrays him as a pussy weak bitch

exactly!

that having been said i did still appreciate him once he'd grown on me, but little Octavian was fucking top notch.

Conn Iggulden makes most of his shit up.