What happened to film making?

What happened to film making?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6LPxtzEcRxk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Christopher Nolan can't direct them all.

What movie is on the left?

>HURR WHY WASNT INTERSTELLAR REALLY FILMED IN SPACE
That's how you sound right now.

>marvel

not even once kids

Watchmen, I think

The Civil War fight scene took place in an airport though.

>comparing space travel to a fight that could've just taken place in any airport in the world available. Even an abandoned one.
Not an argument

you might be retarded

Watchmen.

>HURR WHY DIDNT THEY FILM USING REAL FLYING ROBOT SUITS
Now you sound even dumber.

I've never watched an MCU film, is that fight scene as cringy as it looks? Reminds me almost of the Civil "War" in Skyrim.

To be honest in Civil War half of the budget goes to RDJ alone

That's not even what I said stupid fuck lol. We're talking about the sets of these movies.
>cgi for an AIRPORT something that is abundant and readily available around the world compared to SPACE
Not an argument Lel

Something fishy there when Iron Man is the tallest.

you know they also filmed on the actual airport?

Yes it's EXACTLY like skyrim "wars"

>oh boy I can't wait for an all out battle between tony and cap
>like 8 people total

Fuck you're stupid. This is why I don't argue with people under the age of 25.

its a good point, why?

>being on Cred Forums when you're over 25
Fuck off gramps. We're you the old guy I was making fun of last night?

But it's not. We're not talking about flying robots. We're talking about the set pieces they filmed at

>If I change the subject the rest of the thread how hard o embarrassed myself just now.
Nice try.

We're talking about the use of cgi in filmmaking today dumbass. Go sit in the corner.

dont reply to me ever again fat pig

A lot of film budgets are really just money laundering schemes

Suuuuuure
So you are that faggot who I was getting all riled up

We will never get rid of the capeshit curse if we keep going to those movies.Cinema is going to shit

what went wrong with making movies

no capeshit allowed here

>>HURR WHY WASNT INTERSTELLAR REALLY FILMED IN SPACE
>That's how you sound right now.

Yeah filming at an airport set is literally impossible.

Real airports have never featured on the silver screen, it's just too expensive.

ITT: millenials pretending to reminisce about the "good old days"

Watchmen came out in 2009 my man

Is this real?

Those costumes look shit.

Why couldn't they just film in an airport?

>The point

>Your head

I wonder how film crew guys that have worked on movies for decades feel about the horrible evolution of big budget movies. Imagine getting to work on those old Spielberg sets or The Lord of the Rings sets and seeing all that cool shit and believing in the magic of film making. Being inspired by all of the phenomenal costume and set design and having tangible evidence of everyone's dedication to making the best movie possible.

And now these days they turn up to empty warehouses where everything is green and sterile, to watch an actor act against a tennis ball.

I imagine the romanticism of film making is dead for a lot of people in the industry these days.

They did what the fuck is wrong with you people? Am I in the fucking twilight zone? Is everyone retarded today but me?

Unless, you know, you're filming something like any drama or anything else based in reality

>my nuts

>your mothers forehead

What went wrong is you watching flicks for kids.

An airport in Berlin.
You can't have destruction there, they'd never be able to rebuild it again.

Sorry, why?

What is the latest small budget movie that made it big?

Do they even exist anymore?

I'm working on Thor:Ragnarok, and there are some fantastic sets and costumes. Honestly the amount of blue screen being used is very minimal.

Paranormal Activity?

Inflation of materials underperformed compared to inflation of actors' pay.

Weell on the left is the filmmaking; on the other hand, things on the right side is that a film making mostly dictated by digital animation. The problem is those digital thing cost shit lord on money. It has been said that a minute of scene cost a million bucks, YO !?!?!?

>Budget: 15,000$
>Box office: 193.4 million

why cant Hollywood today get on this level?

Protip: most of that money goes into the pockets of the actors, director, and crew. thus leaving very little cash for actual production

I think "Saw" is the last one to hit big on the thesaterical release revenue as the independent film.

Civil War made sure an actual adaptation will never happen. Fuck this movie.

What for the third time?

That's because the director did:

>What we do in the Shadows.

He isn't an absolite moron.

A good part of that was their phenomenal marketing campaign with the limited release that made it seem like an underground thing which encouraged word-of-mouth and the "THIS IS THE SCARIEST MOVIE EVER" commercials with no clips from the movie, just footage of moviegoers getting spooked so tons of people just wanted to see what is was about.

1. to appeal to millenials and normies, you have to have big names attached to the movie

2. producers know this so they all try to sway the limited flavour of the year names to star in their jewish hollywood scmas

3. actors also know this so they charge 10-50 million for a single movie which makes the budget skyrocket

CGI was supposed to make movies cheaper, easier to make and give the possibility to do things unimaginable with practical effects. It's why it's such a contradiction that movies who are 99% of greenscreen cost so much

>1. to appeal to millenials and normies, you have to have big names attached to the movie

This isn't true anymore. It takes more than a big name actor to get people in the seats these days. Modern audiences aren't affected by star power like they were in decades past.

huh? why do you think they got sophie turner in xmen? her talent for acting?

But the production of tent pole movies has undeniably changed. And the best sets were always created for historical epics or fantasy or sci-fi.

Who is Sophie Turner?

an overpaid talentless whore that millenials like

THANK GOD

Who?

>thanking God for the lack of movies directed by God

Noice.

just googled her, she is a bit of a munter as well

>1. to appeal to millenials and normies, you have to have big names attached to the movie

You'll be surprised how many people dont know big actors. For example my mates (who are all 18-19) didnt know who Clint Eastwood was

you can't make a movie successful for millennials by trying, first off.
they're a meme audience anyway financially speaking.
Movies made ONLY for teens always fail, almost every time.
secondly, it's far easier to just do green screen + special effects.
Most of Avengers budget goes to those shitty overpaid actors who do nothing in the films.
The rest is for special effects and bullshit like that.

It's just how it is.
You got a problem with it you can go and blame any number of films.
Avatar is a perfect example of a modern film: soulless, unoriginal, and poorly acted.

RDJ took home 100 mil.

It's not going to buy him 6 feet though.

Avatar was about the SFX. That's the difference. The story and actors where just to showcase the CGI.

Still, having watched it recently, it's a lot better than the Marvel movies.

Black Swan

Black Swan is hardly a "big" movie.

Budget $13 million
Box office $329.4 million

why they couldn't place all the actors in that room at least? It really must be a nightmare to act on an empty green room talking to photographs.

Why is this so bad?

youtube.com/watch?v=6LPxtzEcRxk

yes, but comparing garbage to crap isn't really saying much.
Avatar is a modern video game made into a film.
Essentially, Avatar was a full length tech demo for James Cameron, that somehow got nine Oscar nominations and won three of those.

Due to rules and regulations, filming action scenes in airports is incerdibely difficult and not worth it.

they didn't have to have the fight scene at an airport tho

It is really not fair to compare Snyder's films to Marlel flicks though

You could construct a airport set for not very much.
Too bad RDJ walked away with 50 mil.
That's enough to build a couple of sets.

hey there Reddit =)

So film it in a parking lot.

That's an equally boring and uninteresting place to have a fight scene.

What did you just call me bitch?

it turned into digital making

it got better

face it cuck boy, green screens are kino. they offer infinite possibilities beyond this world

>And now these days they turn up to empty warehouses where everything is green and sterile, to watch an actor act against a tennis ball.
maybe their lack of imagination is the problem

sophie turner actually proves the point. she's not really a big name, just one of many b-list names that can add excitement to an existing franchise but not sell a single ticket on their own

MAGICAL

Thank you senpai.

You don't seem to understand the purpose of greenscreen. It's so that the vfx people can superimpose the subject onto other shots. The green areas are digitally removed so that only the subject remains.

If they had had the other actors physically on set with McKellen, then they would just have to digitally remove them anyway. And it would be a lot more difficult to do that in post.

>tough guy, only on the internet

HELLLOOOOO REDDIT!

>Clint Eastwood
None of my friends do. Same with John Wayne etc
They are capeshit plebs who watch flicks on their phones

>You have a metal arm? That is awesome, dude!

WAKE ME UP

Rent a red aƱ do it yourself fageet

That's literally one of the most unappealing sequence of shots I've seen in a while. The worst part is that millions of plebs give shekelwood more and more money to make this crap. Not trying to sound smug or anything, but I've never went to the cinema to watch capeshit, maybe spiderman with toby mcguire ages ago when I was a kid, so at least I have the moral highground to say this

>what is shin lengthening surgery

>All these little mini-battles taking place
>Pretty much never see anyone else in the shots

Will insurance companies pay for all those cars and planes destroyed?

>cap we gotta stop the colatteral damage
>hol up lemme blow up thousands of dollars in an airport to illustrate my point.