Documentary Now

Anyone here watch Documentary Now?
I lvoe it, but also have watched most of the documentaries they are parodying.
I don't really feel like it would be very funny without a general knowledge of the original film.
I tried showing it to my partner and I don't think I heard one laugh.
Is this show just masturbation for filmnerds?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Documentary_Now!#Season_2_.282016.29
youtube.com/watch?v=75ix_EVz2ZM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Grey Gardens was the only doc I hadn't seen before and the first episode still sucked me in. Bill Hader is hilarious.

Love it. Can't wait for season 2, I hope they do a Making A Murderer parody where the guys are obviously guilty yet dumb tumblr whores keep trying to get them released from prison.

I enjoyed some of it but I do think it falters when you don't know what they're parodying.

No Making a Murderer. Season 2 is these if you want to spoil yourself
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Documentary_Now!#Season_2_.282016.29

I was really hoping for a Hoop Dreams one, or a Herzog parody, but maybe those are too obvious

I thought that Al Capone festival one was really great even though it was the least specific parody. Wiki say's its a parody of Kevin Brownlow's silent era Hollywood documentary which is not at all true.

I haven't seen the majoritt of the docs they are parodying and I still love it. Bill and Fred and just too great. Blue Jean Machine was one of my favorites

It was great. The Blue Jean Committee was a great story even without the comedy.

Hype as fuck for that Robert Evans parody.

youtube.com/watch?v=75ix_EVz2ZM

Why does that one fucking faggot always like dressing up in drag?

Exclusively to bother you.
Don't lose any sleep over it you fucking fairy.

They had VICE dead to rights. I was hoping for a Herzog

Lol enjoy watching some homo in drag fucking loser

I didn't even know season 2 had already started. Downloading it right now.

>triggered
We all know it's you Fred.
Your cross dressing has to stop its not funny

I will.
Enjoy being a closeted faggot, you insecure little bitch.

Stop projecting Fred

Right? What a loser

First episode of season 2 has leaked

Hoping for a Grizzly Man parody.

Love it. I think you're right. I've seen all the docs they parodied. You could still enjoy the show but not as much

Kek. Hadn't seen a good btfo in a while.

Blue Jean Committee one was amazing. Bill Hader falsettoing like a woman will always make me laugh.

The War Room parody was spookily well done. Too bad Bill didn't do his James Carville throwing snake eyes impression though.