youtube.com/watch?v=ewpgEJoZjOE
youtube.com/watch?v=CjWXen-Niqc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novikov_self-consistency_principle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I fucking hate this movie. terrible

This.

Shutting down this thread.

Time Machine with Guy Pearce

I loved it. It's retarded as fuck but fun.

Also Triangle, pretty much the same thing but a hot chick.

With no survivors

Same. Timecrimes has a top-tier qt as well.

Predestination. Although a guy fucking himself to be born sounds pretty gay now that I think about it.....

>mfw i first read that as "a film by Nacho Vidal"

Multiverse theory =/= time travel

Journeyman

Stargate

It might be retarded, but its one of the only time travel movies that legitimately wraps up its entire loop 100%.

I'm hooked

journeyman project was great

hey bro this movie is from spain woah

Azkaban
Primer
Back to the Future

primer>12 monkeys>bill&ted excellent adventure>back to the future 2>back to the future>back to the future 3>time cop>synchronicity>time crimes>terminator 2>time bandits>terminator>returner>frequency>army of darkness>looper>safety not guaranteed>source code>butterfly effect>time cop 2>edge of tomorrow>the time machine(1960)>predestination>deja vu>terminator 3>star trek>terminator genisys>the time machine (2002)

Damn, all these flicks are pure trash.

he doesn't fuck himself to be born, he fucks himself to become a man

great tits

what do you expect from time travel movies?

Instantly thought of this: And yes those games are great. Mostly 1 and 2.

1 was good but the dvd ending ruined it for me
2 was terrible
3 was better than 2

Prisoner of azkaban is better than all of that. Novikov self consistency princple

All of those are shit

Alternate if anyone wants

>wizard shit
fucking kill yourself

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahayou fucking mong

Best depiction of of a casual time loop on film and the time trsvel fits perfectly with the themes. Off yourself you tryhard go watch Nolan or Refn.

Groundhog Day>>>>>>>all of that

This everyone who doesnt like this film can't even understand the basic time travel dynamics. Which is a lot of this retarded board. Extremely well shot and paced.

I'm Austrian, like Moritz Bleibtreu and I find that movie utterly unbearable.

Best
youtube.com/watch?v=ewpgEJoZjOE

>casual time loop
Is that a time loop for shitters that watch Harry Potter?

12 monkeys did it better

Never saw the sequels. I'm glad that neither ending was a happy one though. One was less tragic than the other.

>being so dumb he can't understand the time travel dynamics of harry potter
>insulting others
Top kek. He specificslly said in his post that faggots like you who can't understand will complain. Look up the novikov self consistency principle. Guess what time travel is theoretical. And for a brief time loop the film is sound.

12 monkey is probably my favourite, but BTTF is my favourite movie trilogy.

Not really la jette did it better and slaughterhouse five.

I should have said shout out to la jette. 12 monkeys is ok but imo not that great. Great first half

Poa has to do with a brief time loop 12 Monkeys is different. Poa shows there's no alternative timelines better.

just said that 12 monkeys did it better than azkaban

the dvd ending was clearly not tragic, he just went back in time and fixed everything then everyone lived happily ever after
theatric was much better with the time travel abortion

Doesn't the time travel stuff only happen near the very end? Not counting Hermione using it for class.

Anyway, yeah it's fine but it's not the only movie to portray the self-consistency principle. Most of Timecrimes is like that. Also other brands of time travel can be fun too.

It does but it still btfo out most movies time travel

The themes with harrys past, the map sirius the marauders and divination and prophecy all have to do with the present past and future like time itseld. So it just fits nicely as a climax to the black sheep as the franchise.

So when harry casts the patronus its a powerful moment imo 12 monkeys wasn't as emotional and purposeful. Same with timecrimes and primer kind of detached idk

>90s pig disgusting German communists
no thanks!

It doesn't as a film la jetee is better

>Man Acts Like A Jackass Because He Acted Like A Jackass: The Movie
Primer was better.

This series was bittersweet, in a way. On the one hand, the finale pretty much answered the questions that nagged me, which is less than I can say about other shows that ended after one season (FreakyLinks, John Doe).

On the other hand, I still would have loved more of it. I could always have loved more of it.

>marrying your brothers exwife

not in any timeline m8

>less than
Fuck. I mean it's more than I can say.

Too distracted to grammar today, I guess.

It was semi-tragic because the point was that he could never be with that girl no matter how much he wanted and tried.

I don't care about any of that. I want to know what a casual time loop is. You still don't get it, do you you muck-raking foreign pleb.

yeah sure. you contrarian faggot.

This man was such a perfect casting for Rome

>primer as #1
>synchronicity over looper and source code
youtube.com/watch?v=CjWXen-Niqc

looper and source code were shit, fight me

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novikov_self-consistency_principle

>Novikov's views are not widely accepted.[16] Visser views causal loops and Novikov's self-consistency principle as an ad hoc solution, and supposes that there are far more damaging implications of time travel.[16]

Back to the future 1-3

Always my favorite comfy kino, mostly because they go trough so many cool timelines and places.

!2 Monkeys, Primer, Cronocrimenes, Terminator 1 and Predestination follow the Novikov Self Consistency Principle too, you dumbass.

Alos, multiverse theory is acceptable too.

The only fucking inexcusable flick is Looper, where a guy SCREAMS because they are cutting his finger THIRTY FUCKING YEARS AGO,

see Don't be the retard posting shit he doesn't understand.

What are youy trying to say? That since one -or more guys- don't like Novikov it means it's stupid? Whelp, i guess we should throw every single concept out of the window since no single theory is accepted by everyone.

>>Novikov's views are not widely accepted.[16]

Do you understand that this principle is not a law, nor a theory, nor a proof. It is a conjecture. It is "well, time travel causes paradoxes, but if this principle I just made up were true, that might resolve the paradoxes."

No one gives a fuck if time travel movies follow a principle that most physicists don't believe. Except you, the uninformed autist.

No that's not really how this kind of scientific conjecture works

It's more like "time travel might exist, but paradoxes can't exist, so perhaps this tells us something about time travel"

theres a "new" netflix movie called ARQ

it has the same time repeating formula as many of the examples here, solid movie if you like timet travel movies

Did I say, anywhere, that Novikov is the only acceptable way of portraying time travel? Did I say, anywhere, that Novikov is a law, or that it works in real life?
Learn to read, you fucking mongoloid, i pointed out which other movies used Novikov Self Consistency principle, told that i also like movies that use a multiverse theory and pointed out how, in Looper, a guy is screaming in the fucking present- for something that happened to him 30 years prior - and that is unacceptable even to base logic, whichever theory you like, you mongoloid.

Not him but fuck you you enormous faggot. The theory is sound for a brief time loop

If you want to know what a casual time loop is then go learn about it

There aren't any damaging implications for a brief time travel like the self consistency principle becsuse you can't change anythinf it always happens. There are no alternate realities everything is simulatneous.

Those arent a brief time loop though azkaban is a couple hours long max and there are no multiverse like primer

He's saying the self consistency principle is a cheap way to avoid exploring the effects of time travel.

But Time travel is never going to happen anyways you can travel into the future with time dialation not into the past. Its all theroetical anyways and films aren't reality .

One might think its cheap but if done properly and I believe it was it represents a breif casual loop

To me back to the future is cheap. Dude my picture is changing damn time travel! It silly and illustrates implcations cheaply and simply.

The novikov theory requires more weight to be executed which is why it works so well in prisoner of azkabam and la jette/12 monkeys

Shit yeah. I have my irks about some of the time travel logic, but it led me to a love for time travel, and it's better than some I've seen.
>Looper
Goddammit, yes! Also the whole ending just presents a massive fucking paradox.

back to the future is a comedy, though, so it's fine

...get the fuck out

that melt scene was baller as fuck

Pretty comfy. Also Rachel McAdams.

almost forgot this comfy gem duology

too bad they didnt made the 3rd
Jeremmy Renner could play Bill (the original guy has changed too much)

Half of the phrases don't make any sense

FPWP

>"a PERFECT film"
with the biggest paradoxon ever

>not posting them

One job.