>his friend is a better wizard
>defeats Voldemort in the most bullshit way possible

Is Harry Potter the worst protagonist in all of fiction

Because protagonists who are good at everything are the better ones

Same goes for

Shinji Akari
Steven Universe
Aang

name one good series that pulls off both amazing setting and lore, along with a competent and likeable character

>written by a woman
What did you expect

oh and it has to be a kid

He was OK at one aspect of quiddich

That isn't picture related

>shows zero impressive feats as a wizard
patronus
also did an actually good job of teaching a bunch of fucking losers how to cast spells

>complains about being the chosen one all the time
a couple times a year at most = all the time

>never shows any heroic qualities
you didn't watch the movies or read the books

I agree that he showed zero feats as a wizard whatsoever, and that marty was a much better wizard. He didn't even defeat voldemort at all

Aang pulled amazing feats by being able to use all four elements.

Ender's game

>defeats Voldemort
Well that's literally all that was expected of him

The only one of those you mentioned that has anything close to an "amazing" setting and lore is Avatar though

And nothing OP said applies to Aang at all

What the hell else did you expect from one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises?. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

All of these are capable and perform amazing feats

I never understood why he kept going back to that abusive family of faggots, is he literally a cuck?

Because he needed to recharge his magic plot armor.

congrats on missing the entire point of the series

the theme is that love, heart, courage and friendship will overcome skill or talent alone

Reminder the Rust is Reddit's guy and Marty is /ourguy/.

>the theme is that love, heart, courage and friendship will overcome skill or talent alone

Well that explains JK Rowling's success then.

They where his legal guardians, and for some reason do wizards respect muggle laws.

>shows zero impressive feats as a wizard
Kys right here. defeats a basilik. Casts a spell nobody his year can to cast away a hundred dementors...shows poise on the quidditch field and in the triward tournament, becomes the defacto defense against the dark arts teacher year five, disarma a death eater lucius malfoy at the ministry....etc

>never shows any heroic qualities
Literally does in every film

None of those fit OPs description except with shinji. And that's the whole point of shinji anyway, so it isn't exactly criticism

What's wrong with Aang then? Apart from the Lion Turtle Deus Ex Machina ending I mean.

But thats just a lie

no, the lesson is that you have to kill yourself to succeed

>kys
>kill yourself self

no u

Bleach

it's fiction user, it's not supposed to be representative of real life

But Shinji ends up being the only Eva pilot that isn't useless.

If he was competent Hermione 'massive self-insert' Granger wouldn't have been required.

>>shows zero impressive feats as a wizard
Like repel hundreds of dementors that hold other wizards in Azkaban, or defeat the single most powerful wizard of all time?
>>complains about being the chosen one all the time
Well shit, teenagers complain about the wring shape chicken tenders, this fucker had life threats.
>>never shows any heroic qualities
You mean like risk his life to help teachers or stand up for other students?
>>his friend is a better wizard
Hermione? She's a more studious and knowledgeable one, but she's hardly a great duelist.
>>defeats Voldemort in the most bullshit way possible
Voldemort fucked up. How else would some kid defeat him. Harry went the distance though.
>Is Harry Potter the worst protagonist in all of fiction
No, he's even flawed.

HOWEVER

This literally the same as lord of the rings

Literally the same as LOTR