God's Not Dead

Has there been a more thought provoking film made in the last few years?

He made seriously good points.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S_OTz-lpDjw
encyclopediadramatica.se/Atheism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Asking someone to prove a negative is like asking OP to stop sucking dick, it just cannot be done.

>lol what is falsifiability?
He only made good points if you're an idiot.

Bait

"That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" - Bertrand Russell

Reading Dostoevsky made me want to believe in God again.

Cred Forums is too smart to fall for this low level bait, try /b.

The plot was kinda forced an silly but i like it because it caused immense amount of ass trauma to fedoras and redditors.

>you can't prove a negative so obviously God exists
Really made me hmm

No one can prove the existence of Unicorns, but no one can disprove that Unicorns exists.

Really makes you scratch your ol noggin and go Hmmmm

>want to
But not actually believe?
Unicorns are not dead, they're surely alive~

I haven't seen any other Christian movie that pandered to Protestants as much as this, what a shitty flick

So why didn't Hercules just smack this little bitch around some?

GOD'S NOT DEAD HE'S SURELY ALIVE

youtube.com/watch?v=S_OTz-lpDjw

Reminder that everyone who isn't a Protestant is not a true Christian. Enjoy hellfire bud

Belief and Cred Forums don't go together.

this is the funniest fucking video i swear

OP's image is literally why everyone should be agnostic. It's fucking stupid to run your life around beliefs that can't be proved or disproved.

>I can't know

Agnostics are special snowflake cowards that refuse to call bullshit what it is

you cant disprove unicorns, goblins, etc

no reason to be agnostic about those

Not believing in something doesn't 'run a life'. I don't believe in all kinds of things; they have yet to start dictating how I make money or interact with other people or have fun.

The difference is that devouts feel the need to attribute everything to their belief.

And agnostics are different because they literally cannot stop sucking dick.

However, if I was agnostic I would also have an insatiable lust for cock. Thats why I'm not agnostic

>Just for laughs we sent a couple of text with "God's not dead" to some of our numbers
>One of them is one of my friend's aunt, who lives alone and didn't have her nephew's number
>Since it was the middle of the night she thought it was a serial killer and called the police

God's will

>literally "no u": the argument

is tv pol2.0? but for dumber more autistic people?

>be an atheist
>say god sucks
>die
>go to hell for eternity or just die

>be christian
>believe in God
>die
>go to heaven for eternity or just die

>unicorns
Dude. The earliest mentions of the unicorn are in books on natural history, not mythology or folklore.

Scholars dispute on what animal exactly is being referred to, but judging by some of the descriptions, my personal favorite is the single-horned Indian Rhinoceros.

Although its conservation status is listed as "Vulnerable" on Wikipedia, so I'd say it's certainly in mild danger of being declared "dead."

Behold, the noble unicorn. Checkmate, atheists.

I don't get why people try to troll agnostics
it's literally, I Don't Care: the religion

Atheists say that no one can prove the existence of a giant invisible dildo flying around your head at all times, and they're right. But no one can disprove that the giant invisible dildo exists.

Jesus said be kind and love each other.but you dont have to believe in any god to be kind to others just do so they are kind to you and makes you feel good.

>be christian
>it was actually the wrong god you prayed to and now he is mad at you and sends you to hell anyway

>its a religious people make a bad movie that is still popular despite being poorly made because Hollywood neglects the large Christian population that doesn't watch Pozzed shit episode

I just wish that we could get genuine Christ kino to be quite honest with you.

>be a Christian
>believe in God
>die
>go to hell for eternity because god actually hates christians, or just die

Explain why this scenario is any less likely than the ones you presented.

Because I read the Bible and Jesus died for my sins, don't be a tard

Because they do care. Agnostics always spout their dumb views even when no one asks. They are the vegans of religion.

>Jesus died for my sins

Oh did he, he died for your sins?

Don't ever presume to know what Jesus died for you filthy heathen, Are you really so vain and entitled that you believe, no..DEMAND that the son of god died for your sins.

Nice of you to just conjure up a get out of jail free card at the Lords expense.

I suppose there's a difference between agnostic and non-religious? I was thinking agnostics were the same as non-religious people.

>unironically thinking anything that happens on Cred Forums isn't just an extension of Cred Forums
I thought we were done with this shit, guys.

It's "Pascal bet" it's a philosophy concept you bunch of turboplebs

Pretty sure he died to make a point about the corrupt political system of the time.

>disproving the non-proven

I know what it is you faggot I'm telling you why it's retarded.

Both Christianity and atheism are equally likely to send you to hell based on observable evidence.

Principles, but I don't expect some lowly religious fag to understand it

> we live in a material and causal universe
> matter is contingent
> ... the universe was created in and of itself

atheists do believe in miracles.

>no one can prove either statement to be true
>therefore, let's assume one is true even though we've just established that there is no reason to do so

Genuinely all kill yourselves

Christfags, muslims, atheists, whatever retarded religious beliefs you have

Kill yourselves

You don't know if it's a common occurrence or not

This is the most telling post ITT, and it's a good example of why people who are truly non-religious just start calling themselves agnostic after a certain point. Just to distance themselves from the stereotypical atheist that tries to debate every person who says that they're religious.

Honestly though, it's none of your business how other people live their lives. And you're not going to convince any Christians to not be Christians based on facts because it's not about facts. That's why becoming religious is called a "leap of faith". The leap is suspension of disbelief.

An atheist walks up to a mathematician and takes the pencil from his hand saying
>You're such an idiot for believing in imaginary numbers, they're impossible. Like this pen; I can't have an imaginary number of pens, I only have one, not some "imaginary" amount.
The mathematician takes his pen back, saying
>I choose to believe in imaginary numbers because it helps me solve my problems.

You don't have to know where the universe came from to be certain Christianity is bullshit. Also you're ignorant and stupid and probably don't understand that causality is inextricably tied to space-time and thus would not apply to the big bang.

>Also you're ignorant and stupid and probably don't understand

projecting much

Just because the word faith exists in place of "making up bullshit and calling it fact" doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

>thinking psychological projection is another way of saying "NO U"

Mouthbreathing Cred Forums shit poster detected. Kill yourself.

Do you feel the need to berate anybody whose identity you find "ridiculous", or just Christians?

They pretty much are the same. They're both variations of "God could exist, maybe/I don't know or care/Nobody can really know for sure so arguing about it is kind of pointless". user is probably just working under the assumption that anyone who takes a "centrist" viewpoint on something must be doing it to feel superior to people who take sides.

>the year of our lord 2013+3
>believing in bronze age middle eastern nomadic goat farmer fables

woah.....also top points for triggering fedoras kek.

>muh burden of proof

Why is the scientific method designed to be so blasphemous?

The problem with atheists is that every other belief system can get into the mind of their opponent in order to gauge his argument and therefore argue against it on solid ground. Atheists lack the ability to empathize and therefore cannot do that; so they stick with accusation and condescension.

In other words; autism.

this desu

Anyone who makes up bullshit and calls it fact, so all religious people, alt right neckbeards, SJW hamplanets, etc. You're all the same kind of reprehensible stupid pieces of fucking garbage and you should all be sterilized.

atheism is not claiming to know how it all works and trying to figure it out. religion is saying "we know" when you clearly have no fucking idea.
there are "theists" that try to find more answers and atheists who supplant religious dogma with their own restrictive power structure like china, but the fundamentals don't change. If you think there is a man in the sky, you have a screw loose.

This post says absolutely nothing. You're conflating an objective assessment that your belief system is delusional with a lack of empathy, which makes you a fucking imbecile. Perfectly in line with religiosity.

The bottom line is that if you're religious it's because you imagined some nonsense and for some reason believe it's true. That makes you a fucking moron. End of story.

>americans uninronically believe the entire human race was created through two white people in the jungle

>mocking someone for having shitty argumentative skills means that I have to be an atheist

>What is Pascal's wager

accusation and condescension as i said.

im sorry, but you are now diagnosed with autism.

You're quite literally retarded.

>Catholic production
>pandering to Protestants
You Papists will pass the blame for anything to anyone, won't you.

And you're post says it all. You don't care about actually changing the views of Christians, if you did empathizing with them would probably help you to do so.

Did you ever think that you're being condescended to not because atheists have autism, but because you're a genuinely stupid person? If you're stupid, be stupid in silence. That coupled with arrogance attracts well-deserved condescension. You're an idiot. Be an idiot in fucking silence and no one will insult you.

Lrn2Plato
hahafagot.jpg

top kek

Nah, it's just because it's the internet
In real life it's the opposite,

You won't find many rational thinkers who flat out deny the possibility of a god

You will find that every rational denies the possibility of any religious God

another case of autism in this thread.

it seems to be terminal.

Are you saying that every religious person in the history of humanity was an idiot? Are you saying that because you don't believe in God, you're not an idiot?

Thats the problem with Cred Forums and reddit, the autism is contagious.

>the universe was created in and of itself
No, it was not. You misunderstood big bang.

This is the problem with the internet as a whole. People don't want to actually have a reasonable discussion about anything; they just resort to name-calling whenever anybody has a different view than theirs.

Not that user, but in these post-internat days, where we have so much factual Knowledge available to us, believing in some magic deity in the sky and trying to keep others in believing him too is fairly idiotic.

The more 'backwards' and assfucked a country is, heavily determines how religious its people are nowadays.

Woah........I never thought of that before.........
Incredible...........
Are we real........

The more important question; is that hairline real?

what use is knowledge when i have no satisfaction in my soul?

top tip, wisdom is not the same as knowledge.

>Not that user, but in these post-internat days, where we have so much factual Knowledge available to us, believing in some magic deity in the sky and trying to keep others in believing him too is fairly idiotic.
Oh OK. So then you think that it would have been reasonable to believe in God before the internet? I guess that means the atheist would have been the "idiot" back then.

>be christian
Why would Christianity be the right religion? It's just a modernized version of Judaism, so you might as well convert to that

Literally a term for people too afraid of being called a fedora to stick to their beliefs.

Absolutely priceless.

>So then you think that it would have been reasonable to believe in God before the internet?

Not reasonable, understandable.

>I guess that means the atheist would have been the "idiot" back then.

Strong logic, you fucking moron.

Jesus christ, this thread

Yes and Cred Forums is pretty guilty of this hence why its shitpost metropolis. Very few threads on this board actually discuss tv (like this one, irony)

everybody is agnostic by default
theism speaks to belief, gnosticism speaks to knowledge

learn what words mean, retard

>Not reasonable, understandable.
Is it not understandable that some people use religion today as a means to quiet the common fears and tribulations of their lives?

>Strong logic, you fucking moron.
I must have misunderstood you. It seems your argument was that mass information availability makes faith idiotic. Does information unavailability then not make non-faith idiotic? Or is that not really the crux of your argument against religion.

I think it's unreasonable to pigeon-hole a community into only talking about one aspect of things. The real problem is no one discusses anything about anything. Just ad hominem and hide in memes.

It's called Pascal's wager, and it's nonsensical.
Just convert at the end of your life and confess your sins, and you're absolved of all wrongs and go to heaven

>I think it's unreasonable to pigeon-hole a community into only talking about one aspect of things. The real problem is no one discusses anything about anything. Just ad hominem and hide in memes.

Which is another way of saying what i just did yes. Very rarely are there good quality threads here although there was a red dwarf thread a few weeks ago which had virtually 0 shitposting which is rare.

Pascal's wager is retarded

My God says that if you don't suck at least 12 cocks in your lifetime, you go to hell. Might as well err on the side of caution, right?

>some people use religion today as a means to quiet the common fears and tribulations of their lives?
Nothing wrong with that so long as you recognize that separation of religion and real world affairs is also important.

Yes I see why a nig or muslim in a war-infested country filled with poverty and daily civillian massacres would want to believe in a god and stay convinced everything happens for a bigger reason.

Then make posts that you think are high quality and call out shitposters.

>the rules of causality proves that God exists!

>oh and also, God violates the rules of causality for no reason

>be a fanatic
>believe in something
>stake your life on it
>be mocked
>live a reduce quality of life
Although I remember a friend of mine telling me about how John Nash would not take anti psychotics because he was comforted by the sense of "being in the know".

You have formed an ego out of your erroneous understanding of lexicology.

>The fact we don't know means we must believe

why is religion designed to be dogmatic and unquestionable?

>You have formed an ego out of your erroneous understanding of lexicology.
No I haven't

I do, they dont get replies on here because shitpost threads get more attention than quality threads which is what i akready said,

Well I mean, faith is a thing. Like for example I have faith that OP is trolling, and actual Christian retards from 4chin usually mix politics with their arguments.

Only nigs and muslims though? You don't think it's reasonable for someone to quell their sorrows by faith in a first world country?

Either way, would you take away faith from those whose belief helps them live their lives? Why do you feel that it's necessary to criticize others because you think they're illogical? Do you do nothing illogical?

Keep trying or leave then I guess. Not that there is anywhere else to go.

Because otherwise no followers.

I am sorry friend, it is true. However, it is easy to overcome, just do some reading up on what language and words are. Here is a quick tip: Words are defined by how they are used.

oh no there are plenty of places to go. i just hang around for the bane posts :3

Then you're as bad as the shitposters you claim you dislike.

baneposting is no where as bad as threads like this. the fact you think so seems to suggest you have zero humour and are probably a fedora wearer.

this is ridiculous kek

This is like North Korean fucking brainwashing propoganda

>baneposting is no where as bad as threads like this.
According to whom, you?

>the fact you think so seems to suggest you have zero humour
I do have a sense of humour, but I don't find baneposting funny.

>and are probably a fedora wearer.
and ad-hominem

No I personally think it's no matter of mine what people do in their own private time, if they believe in a magic man in the sky or that they've lived an earlier life as a wolf. If that makes them happy and they're not hurting anyone, great.

My only problem with religion is when it enters politics and is used to dismiss scientific knowledge or demonize people for being people.

Meant as a reply to

>protestant "cinema"

>humour bypass: the thread

alrighty then.

The same can be said for atheists who judge people harshly.

>no one can prove that OP isn't a giant faggot that deserves the chair

Someone should finally do what needs to be done.

Then we are in agreement. But an atheist can do those same things.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "humour bypass".

Whoever made this picture, were they completely serious when they made it? Do they know it's a massive fallacy and mix of different things?

That's my only problem with religion as well. I do think it helps a lot of people cope with the hardships of life.

That's not how burden of proof works

Google is your friend.

>We are not the same as them
Sorry amigo, you are also part of the short bus.

Is that supposed to be profound? I probably thought that when I was 9.

Whoever mad this post, were they completely serious when the made it? Do they know it's a massive fallacy and a sign of autism?

>not a single definite proof that unicorns don't exist

Checkmate unicorn haters.

If you find that triggering then how you gonna deal with this?

encyclopediadramatica.se/Atheism

>But an atheist can do those same things.
Yes, but religion is also a very powerful tool that can be used to manipulate and control a lot of people by the few who are 'enlightened'.

All I can find is references to British slang I've never heard of, but what you seem to be saying is that I don't have a sense of humour, and I have already told you, I do.

If you're making a criticism of my sense of humour because I don't find baneposting funny, then please say so outright.

The same could be said for todays atheist movement.

I don't believe anything but myself is real

The world and everyone of you is just my imagination, and I can do literally anything I want

Also I'm immortal and indestructible

Would recomend my religion

Are you always this anally retentive?

It can, and so it is a matter of judging not what the tool is but how it is used. Call out a Christian if and when he uses his faith to do what you feel is "wrong". Don't call out a Christian for being Christian.

Let me guess your religion is transgenderism

figures.

No. Is there something wrong with being anally retentive?

It's funny how being unable to explain the single first moment before "creation" automatically means all the Christian lore and bullship is true.

If anything close to be called a god exist, it wont have anything to do with all the judeo christian mythology

On Cred Forums there is, yes.

>mfw christtards accuse anyone of being autistic
The religion threads on /his/ are a perfect storm of autism. The proddie/papist/orthrocuck shit slinging alone is worse than anything I've ever seen from those awful internet atheists

lol are you dense or something? Do you see anything as powerfull as the Catholic Church commanding atheism from the figure of an old God/King always suited in white?

you guys cant be that retarded

Not an American, but how so? I haven't heard of multiple cult societies being run by people who's main mantra to condition their members is 'there is no god'. Or old men manipulating kids into touching their dicks by telling them 'God isn't real, so it's okay!'

I can see where you're coming from, but it's not so much that there's something wrong with it, more so that it's not the norm. But then again, most people on Cred Forums also agree that Cred Forums is shit. Maybe if more people on Cred Forums were more anally retentive it wouldn't be shit?

>the directors and cast are Catholic
>somehow this is a Protestant movie
Papist literally the scum of the Earth.
>flee to another country en masse because there is no non-export food in your home
>country accepts you
>proceed to commit treason and kill hundreds of our brave soldiers
>continue to flood into country
>stealing jobs
>getting drunk
>infiltrate law enforcement
>be racist as shit
>channel large amounts of the country's money to fund terrorists in your home country
>rape children
>beat women
>get drunk every day
>country's populace is completely worn out trying to fend you off/civilizing you
>country is forced to throw you a parade every year where you get to assault them with pinches just to remind them that your green menace will never fade

When will America finally get a wise president that will cleanse our country of Papal filth? The melanin enriched may never be able to integrate into America's way of life, but they at least don't infiltrate and destabilize the populace with cancerous norms.
>more people dead from drunk driving than Jamal with a gun
Goddamn Irish. Bring back NINA!

This. The image of an icon/idol - a big leader, is incredibly powerful and something humanity have always been naturally attracted to.

>Cred Forums is becoming more and more christfag day by day
Its funny how the Christians I meet in real life are way less obnoxious then the ones here who feel the need to "humiliate" atheist for their lifestyle. Ironic really

its just the swinging pendulum of counterculture

Do you think that Irish immigration is the biggest problem America faces today?

its funny because I honestly don't think any of them are christian in real life, just spout memes and images of pope/movies on why they are so right. I've never seen a christfag user say "illl pray for you user"

>triggered: the post

The likes of hitchens and dawkins are pretty powerful. also the ad hominen. maybe not now but its growing. you are just as bad as the religious folk but much easier to trigger. sad really.

>I haven't heard
you've never heard of communism? stalin? mao? goodness you are sheltered, perhaps you should experience more of the world before you come to such a narrow conclusion.

It's really just contrarianism. I think a lot of it comes from Cred Forums.

>I honestly don't think any of them are christian in real life
I'd believe it

Everybody on the internet is just looking for a reason to feel good about themselves. If being a christfag lets you feel superior to atheists then more power to you. Lord knows I'm guilty of it.

It's a problem that has been destroying us for centuries.
Catholicism was pooh poohed in our early years for a reason.
>commit hundreds of thousands of soldiers to march into Germany to brutally prosecute peaceful God loving Anabaptists
>this is the religion of loving one's neighbor

>commit hundreds of thousands of soldiers to march into Germany to brutally prosecute peaceful God loving Anabaptists
What event are you referring to exactly? Sorry, I'm not real up on theological history.

I feel sorry for you. Feeling threatned by someone who just doesn't give a fuck about one weird mythology more than you must be quite a challenge.

Physical reality exists necessarily.
You mad?

I see communism and Nazism as another form of religion, it's the same methods. The belief in an all-knowing leader and icon like mentioned by with a cult-like following of very devoted people who worship the 'big leader' and believes he knows the answer to everything.

The simple belief that there is no god or all-knowing leader is not a very powerful tool for anything but motivation to figure out how the world works otherwise.

what does communism has to do with any religious stuff? I don't think you understand what capitalism/comunism is if you bring that up to pull an anti atheism justification

It's the event that created America.

>The simple belief that there is no god
You're conflating a disbelief in God with the belief that there is no God.

Don't do that.

Come to the southern states. People really do say that.
Here in Louisiana the flood really did drove christfags out into churches

The Revolutionary War? That doesn't seem to make sense. Please just tell me the name of the event rather than just making qualifying statements about it.

>assuming im religious
>proving my point by being biased as opposed to arguing against my point from a objective point of view and throwing in an ad hominen for more fedora tips

i feel sorry for you that you are threatened by anyone who doesnt conform to your "enlightened intelligence". now are you gonna get your katana out or just type angrily on the keyboard as you like to do?

Not at all i am arguing from an objecting not subjective point of view, i know this must be difficult for most of you to comprehend but you are all managing to prove my point while believing you are arguing against it which is funny.

What the fuck is your problem? Surely Christian values have tought you not to be an asshole.

You criticized him for pulling an ad hominem and then did so yourself

How about you try to explain to him why he is proving his point rather than telling him that you find it funny that he is doing so.

That post is from 3 hours ago user.

It wasn't called anything because killing other Christians is just another Tuesday for Catholics.
It was pretty much an going thing during the 16-17th centuries.

If you read the thread you'll see that this point has been brought several times.

How did this event create America?

Yes that was a joke. Kinda thought the sarcasm was clear there. i forget non brits cant handle the bantz.
I already did in the previous post. keep up old chap.

>The earliest mentions of the unicorn are in books on natural history, not mythology or folklore.

Tjhey were the same shit, and you are thinking of Bestiarios

OK, maybe then keep your British brand of humour in places that are not predominately frequented by other nationalities.

Also, I have no idea which posts are yours because you responded to my post when I referred to 3 different people. Perhaps it would have been better for you to clarify with backlinks and greentext which post of yours I replied to.

Pilgrims bro...
Mennonites, Amish, Quakers, Hutterites, the first white seed in America.

you seem upset

What does that have to do with current problems in America? Can you provide evidence that Catholics cause problems in this country today? It seems like you're complaining about Catholics because you don't like Catholics, but you haven't given any reasons besides historical ones why you think this way.

but you don't have a point. You just say that atheism is bad because it same as a religion, something that doesn't have any sense tbqhwy senpai

Maybe had you kept up instead of trying to come back with insults for fedora tips then you wouldnt look an ass, i was arguing for neither religion or atheism yet you felt the need to lump me in with religious folk and ironically committed the major "sin" you guys complain religious folk do-ad hominen, bias and name calling. so you proved my point being that both side can and often do act very alike.

so, YOU GET NOTHING, GOODDAY SIR
for clarification that is a willy wonka reference which i would expect you to know being here but given your responses so far i thought i would help you our old bean.

Except i wasnt saying that so your little analysis there is inert.

I was responding in kind. If you think thats being upset you clearly have autism.

also i keep getting disconnected is anyone else having this issue or is this just me?

But I'm none of the people who were responded to in these posts.

this post
was me trying to encourage better discussion of the issues. I was not involved in any of the chains of posts I responded to in those posts. Please try to understand that by the nature of an anonymous conversation it is better to address the contents of each post independently and not try to assume that each post was made by the same person.

>for clarification that is a willy wonka reference
I appreciate it. I am familiar with that movie though.

Le Edgy Man

>be christian
>die
>turns out god is muslim
>burn in hell for an eternity

When you think you're Gene Wilder but you're actually a cringe-lord

>But I'm none of the people who were responded to in these posts.

You know there is a conversation going on and if you respond in kind then you will be taken as such, which is the nature of these boards. you cant just turn around and say "i didnt respond to you" if you are responding, you can still address the point made.

>When you think sticking in an ad hominen somehow makes your point

where, exactly, did i assert i am gene wilder.

>but you're actually a cringe-lord
i imagine you are familiar with that feeling :^)

>You know there is a conversation going on and if you respond in kind then you will be taken as such
Perhaps, but if you think internet discussion should necessarily be that way you might be better suited to a website that is not anonymous.

> if you are responding, you can still address the point made.
But I did address a point made. 3, in this post
but then you responded here
saying
>Maybe had you kept up instead of trying to come back with insults for fedora tips then you wouldnt look an ass, i was arguing for neither religion or atheism yet you felt the need to lump me in with religious folk
But it wasn't me, and it was foolish to assume so because our conversation is anonymous.

Perhaps this is the downfall of anonymous internet communication. People are so used to addressing a single person to attack that they are unable to understand the point of anonymity.

Never go full retard.

Please be advised: I am not the person you responded to in your post.

>where, exactly, did i assert i am gene wilder.
He probably means that your Willy Wonka reference was you trying to seem like Gene Wilder in that movie.

>i imagine you are familiar with that feeling :^)
This is a very childish comment. The equivalent of saying "I know you are but what am I"

Noice

It can nebulously mean that but it can also mean the philosophical position that you believe things these things to be inherently impossible to prove/not falsifiable. That is a pretty dumb position for a lot of reasons though. I don't agree with everything in the book "God the Failed Hypothesis." But it brings up a good point that people that are just agnostic to any instance of god aren't really doing anyone even themselves any favors as peoples particulars arguments for god and religions are more or less right and wrong than others.

What it generally means is that someone uninitiated in the debate about this stuff wants to take what they believe is the safest position between two points and gloat about it to people on both sides. It's like when people new to political debate say "I think both sides are equally wrong and right." It's a position they take to make themselves look nonpartisan and smart but in reality it just reflects their lack of effort in really engaging and evaluating ideas and it places even more importance on a binary view of politics than people on either side would probably place on it. It's also a cowardly social tactic that essentially says "I wont challenge you on any of your ideas and beliefs as I have no real ones of my own."

Thats the thing though, religion will always be tied with everythung a person does because it serves as a supposed "ethical background" in which to perform your life in the way of some faggot god

>NO U: the post

Maybe you should stop with the projection

>He probably means that your Willy Wonka reference was you trying to seem like Gene Wilder in that movie.
Yes this was clear from my response,
>This is a very childish comment.
welcome to Cred Forums. much like your explination and that posters reply. next time try not to be so autistic ok :^)

>welcome to Cred Forums. much like your explination and that posters reply. next time try not to be so autistic ok :^)
Are you saying that poor quality conversation is a necessary part of Cred Forums. I disagree with you. I also disagree with your diagnosis of me as "autistic".

You must be new, really autistic or lost your way to reddit.

I've been posting on Cred Forums for several years now. But I don't know if you would consider me new or not.

I'm not autistic and from my interaction with the healthcare system I think that if I did I would have been diagnosed as such.

Well, my url bar says that this is Cred Forums, and I understand the implication that that means this site is Cred Forums and not reddit, but I thought this was simple stuff that anybody would know. I don't understand how anybody could "lose their way" online.

That reply was pretty autistic dude. Either that or you are very young and in which case should not be here.

Do you mean autistic as in the medical term? Because I can assure you that I am nowhere on the spectrum. Please clarify what you mean by autistic.

>Either that or you are very young and in which case should not be here.
Well, I'm of legal drinking age in my country, for what that's worth. Do you consider that "young".

agnostics are so pathetic. Just admit you are atheist and don't believe in god. Seriously, if no religion has the correct aim of truth, than a creator is meaningless to our knowledge. Fucking fags can't fully let go of such a dumb idea of a creator, they need to be the "middle" route

Please read the thread in its entirety before you respond to a thread. this criticism of agnostic has already been made ITT.

sounds like your narcissism is showing a bit. Please treat by a correct application of knife to throat

Kek ok m8y ok. Have fun on here if you can. Night.

>Im so edgy

*tips fedora*

Religion was created out of the necessity to explain things that were unexplainable without scientific advances. It eventually led to enough people believing that it became a necessity to believe to be "part of the group". This was due to the fact humans needed each other to function as a society. It was also a way for people to be controlled. "If you aren't with us, you're against us."

However, now people can visit their local grocery store that has food from all over the world. They can communicate with anyone in the world. They can learn things from anywhere in the world, thus, more people are drifting toward atheism/agnosticism because the reliance on a "group" is no longer necessary. We are becoming globalized. It's also because scientific advances can explain 99.9% of things that occur in the universe. Believing in a God or entity is no longer really necessary to function in society.

Goodnight I guess. You've left me with some question but I can't really keep you.

Perhaps I've taught you something. If you're smart you'll get it.

>It's also because scientific advances can explain 99.9% of things that occur in the universe.
uh wut

that is what is wrong. Not caring about important philosophical debate is fugging stupid, and apathetic. And apathy says you are okay with everything wrong.

>Religion was created out of the necessity to explain things that were unexplainable without scientific advances.
Why do people need something to explain the explainable? Is that the only reason people believe in religion?