>tfw to smart for letterboxd

whoops

No QOTD?

letterboxd.com/Bandabydoo/

leave flicks to me

Almost finished with Kurosawa and after that I might move into Ozu or Naruse

letterboxd.com/Lozjudai/

Lost Jew Die is best Finn

Behind The Mask was fucking trash, so disappointing considering I've heard years how """""smart""""" that movie is

letterboxd.com/white_water/

white_water = embryo

go to bed guy who wrote Behind The Mask, don't you have slasher movies to jerk off to

Naruse is better

What does your username mean? Every time I read it, I think of Olduvai.

I always took it as an illiterate estonian humoristic take on anti-jew memephrase

Last thread 404'd after what, 20 posts?

Are /lgb/ threads, dare I say .... dead?

Hopefully

>compared to last summer when they were being deleted by mods?
no

letterboxd.com/machill54/

Tony Garnett is extremely underrated as a director in my opinion. Also it's very comfy seeing recognisable places near where you live on film

On an unrelated note just seen that new Blair witch is a 15 not an 18 and means the cinema will be filled with dumb teens, wanted to watch it after that cool tweet by the screenwriter but now I'm not so sure

Are you implying you're not a dumb teen?

Bunch of crap i threw together in fourth grade. Have been using it different places since.

Explain???

>means the cinema will be filled with dumb teens
see it on a week day/night

plz the lbgee dont kill yurself

im your friend and poeple with friend don't kill self

go during the day or on sunday when the theater is empty

isp upgraded my connection and just now have torrented a film at steady 3.7 mb... it's bananas!!!!!!!!! i've had 1mb cap for so many years i thought any more wasn't actually possible for torrents

and the question was at what speed do you guys usually download

I download at 25MB/s on PTs

>3.7 mb
that's like 0,5% of my speed.

where do you even live if that's great 4 you

yes I'm a dumb person older than that

was considering this weekend. wouldn't a Sunday be equally as busy as a Saturday?

I get about 6 megabytes which is enough for me to happy to download full discs

That reminds me I paid actual money for a DVD that arrived today, it's like it's 1996 or something

Depends on when you go on a Sunday and your location. Early or late would be fine. Afternoon and evening up to perhaps 9pm would almost certainly be busy.

That's why I say weekday would probably be a better option. Time permitting, of course.

Yeah, cool. FUCK YOU

wahoo for you

My speed is 100 kbs for some 5 years now

do you live in uganda

waooo
walanling ufffhh aah!!!
kaputt!!! nooooo *eyes going out old cartoon style*
thats rough.. i desire for only the most thundering speeds soon to come to your nearest computer!!! ZANG!!

>third world country
>100 mbps

thanks volvo. Keep vrummmmin'

this is sufficient mocking now im gonna gang up with and beat you guys to death see if you like having 0mbps from inferno!!!!

vroom vroom!!!

I wish bad things upon every person with a speed bigger than mine

Wait until I tell you in South Korea internet is 1GB.

That doesn't even make sense to me. Fucking gooks

this is good it has to start somewhere, soon everyone will be riding zingers :_)

>mods started deleting /lbg/ threads in late September last year
>finally stopped after nearly two months
>doing the same at the same exact time this year
Hmmmm really tickles the noggin

This was included in the booklet with the prostitute DVD

Interesting seeing the BBFC demand the cuts while also so clearly understanding the importance and use of it in the film

There's also a report from the AIC film report service, does anybody know what this is?

what prostitute dvd
is this a new lbg film

The DVD of prostitute (1980). I doubt it considering how hard it is to find on line

what made you want to watch it bad enough to buy it

Fuck censors now and forever. Crazy that people are so moralist/conservative that this kind of pathetic bullshit still exists even in 'first world' countries.

I went to a talk with Tony Garnett when I was in Manchester and he's a cool guy, it was followed by a 35mm screening of Handgun (his only other film as director) which was really fantastic, kind of similar to prostitute in that it has a kind of exploitation premise (handgun is literally a rape and revenge film) but then subverts that by actually being not exploitative at all (intentionally not so) and socially conscious and political instead

Plus prostitute was filmed near where I live which made me more interested to watch it. It's not online (and seeded) anywhere except a bad avi, Overall worth £5 to watch in better quality + get the bonus film

your post is angrier than I would express it but I agree. The wording on this letter seemed particularly strange to me, the impact of the scene is encouraged to be kept while also demanding 30-40 seconds of it be removed

I'd recommend the two documentaries called 'video nasties' if you are at all interested in British censorship of films or think you might be, real good documentaries

British censorship of film does not interest me.

>be Rostova
>go to girl's apartment for a hookup
>her ex is there too
>...
>waiting
>get bored
>piss on the carpet and leave

Rostova kino when?

letterboxd.com/Synt/

I really liked the relative straight forwardness and dignity that The Boys from Brazil took with its premise.

The film's bombing pretty badly, I doubt there'll be anyone there anyway. In my screening there was like 7 people total, 3 of which were with me.

>Synt is such a cooly-wooly guy he takes his lot of boyfriends to watch films together
An embryo orgy, if you will

damn. I remember watching Je T'aime John Wayne in secondary school English when they were teaching us about homage. brings back memories.

how do we rid /lbg/ of the embryos and the trophy collectors

I think it's probably my favourite New Wave parody piece: instead of just having characters walk around and saying silly stuff in black and white (which I guess it does do a lot of) it also has the shot composition and sequencing that I'd say is harder to parody as easily. Can't believe it took so long to come across it.

seems interesting i'll add it to my watchlist and hopefully get to see it circa 2021~

Thanks for making me interested in watching another film, while not being able to get the best copy available right now because it's dead everywhere, and at the same time pre-chastising the possibility of me getting the basic avi rip to watch it, act that now I would feel 'cheap' in realizing, so no cigar

>another orbiter on the Synt-fest

who here goes fucking CRAZY for prefab sprout??? HOT DOG!!

jumping pepe, alba cucky

Well one of them was me replying to a post. here's the (you). this meme forcing is desperate.

HOT DOG!!!

That was understood as you, I just made the connection for style. After all, you couldn't orbit yourself.

What's everyone watching tonight, lads?

letterboxd.com/LitProGeek/

What am I in for?

letterboxd.com/samtlx/
I've been playing too much vidya and watching too much anime but i've picked up the pace again.

Some decent jew-heavy stuff. Minor work, though.

No, no one misses you, embryo. Fuck off

i am loved here

>The Searchers
Seem to go from hard drama with the horrors of the west to a fun buddy movie. And of course heavily racist by today's standards. Those are some beautiful shots.

letterboxd.com/thepartyoftea/

Only so if you recognize 'today's standards' as having value

letterboxd.com/ciaociao/

Haven't watched movies in a few days because I've been watching too much shonen anime.

letterboxd.com/maxine_factor/

I was called "embryo" on a previous thread and I see it a lot on /lbg/, what does it mean?

abort yourself embryo

>calls """herself""" camila
>is from Uraguy

Stealth trap profile?

when u gonna show dem tiddies bb

What do you suppose it means, embryo?

Now show dat pusy slit

And that's why I shouldn't use my fucking name online.

Love me, hate me, or loathe me, you can't help but look at me. I'm the guy who goes all out, just like the Kid. One song and fuck you. One review and fuck you. I grin when you say you love my writing and I grin when you say I'm garbage. I'm the Kid of Letterboxd. I'm cocky, I'm confident, I never back down, and I always give it 100%.

bb hit me up and ill guide you by the hand out of the womb and into patricatianhood.
we will start off slow cuddling on the couch, watching the complete works of Benning.
Soon will be completely naked spooning there on the couch dissecting the complex subtleties of Bay

if this already has you soking hit me up on lb, /smoothhands

>take Intro to Film class
>professor always asks how many people have already seen the movie before a screening
>one week the screening is Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans
>they don't even bother to ask if anyone saw it before
>tfw it was actually the only movie screened for class I had watched before
>tfw professor consistently makes fun of the class for having not seen movies like Eternal Sunshine and No Country for Old Men (most of the class are 18 year olds who were babies when these came out)
>tfw I've seen lots of silent films and just have to sit through these exchanges

This is hilarious when you know these are 90's babies.

auuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu give it to me kid!!! bring ya to the brink!!

also i cant help but laugh... this moron sends me email every fucking day telling me to "please, i beg you, take at least one of your reviews down, because theyre getting too friggin hot and im running a family 24/7 over here with daughters and all, i will lose my sponsors if i lose spots".. my response? "prince is dead"

i feel like this has happened to me on some level heres a +1 sympathy

it happens to everyone when they meet that 'film buff'
>citizen kane
>taxi driver
>seven samurai
>the list goes on!

This criticism makes little sense. The average ''''film buff'''' of the world hasn't seen these 'obvious' films.
You people overrate this elusive kind.

8/10
Pretty good stuff, /lbg/ doesn't deserve this boy

i meant the you did the homework the day the teacher didnt ask for it situation (film edition)
thanks, to be honest this boy is hungry and im all out of dog pellets........ HOT DOG!!