This would have been pure lawyer kino if they didn't make Al Pacino literally satan...

this would have been pure lawyer kino if they didn't make Al Pacino literally satan. what was even the fucking point of that? the whole movie is fucking phenomenal, and genuinely unsettling, then they just take an incredibly stupid turn into the supernatural.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7DMDscGOUpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Keanu worships the succubi's feetsies when he's becoming evil

What did they mean by this famalam?

But that part is the only good one in the movie, the rest is a snoozefest.

youtube.com/watch?v=7DMDscGOUpg

i watched this with my mum when i was 16 and it was on telly, so fucking uncomfortable

that was a shitflick famalíngo

>feet

Do they know?

I always thought it had something to do with New York having hidden roots to places that practice witchery, like Eyes Wide Shut

Also the movie drops the big supernatural bomb when the dude uses witchery to get out of trouble in that one case Keanu was holding in New York. The guy who used animal blood or something so you can't be that surprised OP. But I agree it kinda dropped the ball hard with the Armageddon shit

What the fuck were you expecting? The movie was marketed as a courtroom take on The Omen, and that thread ran all the way through the movie. I don't see how anyone can say the ending came out of left field.

i wasn't surprised, i had an idea of where it'd go, and like you said, it's obvious in that subway scene. i saw the movie as a kid, i just happened to rewatch it recently.

i just wish they'd have remained more subtle, leaving it to the viewers imagination to ponder whether Therons character was actually seeing what she claimed, or was truly going insane.

that ending with the reporter turning into Pacino was just goofy as fuck.

First bush i ever saw.

As a lawyer this movie bugs me. No criminal lawyer wins every case. One acquittal is a big deal. Defending criminal cases is not high-paying or fun for the most part. Defending sex offenders is a burden. No one who does that enjoys getting people off or goes out partying after.

If you don't enjoy getting people off, then what's even the goal of being a criminal lawyer? I thought the whole point was to be as successful as you can, which means either getting them off or getting the best possible deal.

This guy gets it. Also nice digits.

but he's no regular degular lawyer , he's satan

>If you don't enjoy getting people off, then what's even the goal of being a criminal lawyer?

It pays the bills

vanity is my favorite sin

Have you ever defended someone who was legit innocent and didn't do it?

Although I imagine in real life it's a bit more mirky than 100% guilty or 100% innocent and you get a lot of people who were just hanging out with their scumbag friends at the wrong time when they got arrested or some heavy shit kicked off ect.

why was the devil in devil's advocate?

Why would he be? It's an expression fitting for a criminal defense lawyer.

that's why it's a clever name for the movie, are you dense?

Yeah, and it's no expectation to have a literal devil in the movie like your post seems to suggest.

Now don't ever respond to me again.

Yeah, and it's no expectation to have a literal devil in the movie like your post seems to suggest.

Now don't ever respond to me again.

>If you don't enjoy getting people off

no, i'm not i replied to you because your post seemed to suggest that he didn't need to be, when it's the very premise of the movie

(you)

irredeemably shit taste

Hi

It's a flick, kid. watch more films

substantiate your claim then maybe we can talk

the third act is complete shit and ruins the whole movie which was a little bloated but still suspenseful. It's also very heavy handed and cheesy with the horror parts, i'd say it's a 3.5/10. Shit flick

i respect your opinion and agree that the ending really went too far at certain points. Especially at the very end with the news reporter like that other user said.

>Especially at the very end with the news reporter
shit i forgot about that, it's even worse now, but i also respect your opinion senpaiílio

Not that guy, but I was a paralegal for a while. I think of the 25 or so cases I worked on with the attorney (all big crimes that attached decades or more in sentencing) we only thought one guy really didn't do anything.

So how many of them got decades in prison?

Can I interest anyone in a game? Do you "special places"?

Probably 20 tbqhwyf.

4 of them got cold feet before trial and got offered comfy pleas beforehand.

I only saw one not guilty and I'm pretty sure he did what he was accused of doing.

I was only in the courtroom for 1 trial though. Most of the time I stayed at the office during trial. Shit was stressful as fuck, I was paid very well but quit and got a job delivering pizzas and moved back in with my mom.

The last half hour was like the only interesting portion of the movie though.