Cred Forums doesn't like Fight Club anymore

>Cred Forums doesn't like Fight Club anymore

what went so horribly wrong ?

We found out reddit liked it

>fuck society, let's just beat the shit out of each other
woah so deep

2deep4me

More like "being a contrarian drone is as stupid and mindless as being a conformist drone", but I guess it actually is 2deep4you.

we hit puberty

What insightful analysis of cinematic brilliance my good sir. You have truly made a pupil out of me today, 'tis a shame I have only one upvote to give.

Fight Club is like the Che Guevara T-shirt of movies

Objectively speaking, I'd say it's a good teenage movie. But I don't like it because its fans (and maybe the people who made it) are not aware of this

They think they're too grown up for it. Ironically it means they're still immature.

Isn't it more like, you don't like its fan and don't like to discuss it with stupid people who interpret it wrong?

I can't understand how you can't like it, enjoy it as movie, a motion picture because of the other people who like it.

The whole world is too grown up for it. It's an outdated product of 90's pop culture.

This. The movie becomes more relevant after you've worked for a few years.

>The whole world is too grown up for it.

By that, of course, you mean its more accurate and relevant than ever and this is all a dog-wag to try to get people to dismiss it as shit?

Your wrong
My top:

Fight Club
Dark Knight
Dark Knight Rises
Shawshank Redemption
Winter Soldier

I enjoyed the movie but it lacks a lot of the details from the book.
Like a lot of Marla background and her relationship with the narrator.
Also the book is more explicit about the ending, unlike the movie.

>But I don't like it because its fans

stopped reading there
if you're basing the worth of a movie on its fans than your opinion isn't worth shit

Some of us grew up

>It's an outdated product of 90's pop culture.

You're telling me that wage slaves don't exist anymore?

It's too complicated, like why does the other dude suddenly disappear?

No, they just sucked it up and pretend to be happy about it

I'm not him

Its a classic you cucks. But then again, tv/ is contrarian central.

It's a really good film, but not as great as Se7en, Zodiac or The Social Network. I'd even rank Gone Girl higher in Fincher's filmography.

because they're too dumb to understand it.

>thinking Tyler's message is the message of the movie as a whole
Wew lad

Well I said I enjoyed it as it is for me, a teenage movie.
What I dislike is not the movie but its "aura". A che guevara T-shirt can be pretty. But when you're 16.

What I'm trying too say is that there are movies out there that are strongly against capitalism and not extremely cringy at the same time. Fight Club just ain't one of them (and I don't mind it being like this, I just don't think we should rate is as a "quality movie")

I didn't see it as an anti capitalist movie being the core of the movie
I just saw it as a piece of teenage and young adulthood frustration embodied in the main character and other characters as well.

It has anti capital and establishment themes that give it this punk vibe but at the same time it ridicules and highlights the toxic hyper masculinity that brainwashed a lot of people to join a cult by using underground fighting as a catharsis for the static lives of all the characters involved.

It's not really anti capitalist, it's anti materialist/anti propagandist (which granted are closely tied to capitalism today but aren't exactly the same thing

>toxic hyper masculinity
end yourself

Definitely the second part.
His first books are about lonely/fringe people that usually get swept up in someone elses more interesting fucked up life.

it's the first le deep 4 u movie people like when they're 14. when they get older they're embarrassed by that phase in their life, and often their taste goes with that, even if it wasn't actually bad.

Therefore, fight club a shit.

are you pretending that it isn't?
Tyler blatantly uses fighting to pick up members for the cult
He only sees them as tools, he doesn't care for them. He even used the narrator own insecurities to go on his anarchist plan

I'm saying if you use the words toxic masculinity unironically or believe that such a thing actually exists, you should brain yourself.

Underage fags hate it because contrairinism. Same faggots who say they like the prequels.

how are you so up your own arse that you can't appreciate it as a good film ?

>great acting and cast
>loads of memorable scenes and dialog
>funny
>good reveal even if you know its coming
>good use of narration

oh, but people like it so its shit. get a fucking life and stop trying to prove your worth through "superior film taste"

so you're telling me that I cannot use the term toxic or hyper-masculinity because you think they're meme words? But you tell me to brain myself?
anything to an extreme is "hyper".
And what's wrong with toxic, would you prefer "corruptible"

Calm down, big guy. I was explaining a rationale, not my personal taste.

sorry bro

Look you can be a beta cuckold faggot and think masculinity is a bad thing all you want, enjoy Tyrone is ramming his toxic masculinity up you're girlfriend's pussy while you wear a chastity cage, all I'm suggesting is that you seriously consider suicide as an option.

triggered lmao

holy shit bro, your insecurity is showing
are you fucking telling me that masculinity cannot be exploited to manipulate people such as the paramilitary of Indonisia or movie example, the cult members in Fight Club?
I never said masculinity was an inherently bad thing you meme spouting autistic piece of shit

it was written by a gay

Only 30 year old manchildren still like this piece of shit. Grow up ya creeps!

I can't speak on its technical value, but it's artistic one is shit.

>take very dark satire
>remake it with complete earnestness without changing the story
>profit

>Cred Forumscuck reveals his thinly veiled obsession with black cock, no one is surprised

Well, the movie is about an emasculated man living in a woman's world creating a idealized opposite in the form tyler durden, then quickly realizing the "man's" world is shit too, and the only way out is suicide.

But recently people have come to believe the actual message is masculinity is toxic and destructive and we'd all be happier as women. Now excuse me while I watch my wife get fucked by the absolute epitome of masculinity, the nigger.

Well, even the author thinks the movie better represented and encapsulated the themes and ideas of the book than the book did.

Hell, the book is basically just gay as fuck.

Is this post satire?

>Now excuse me while I watch my wife get fucked by the absolute epitome of masculinity, the nigger.
Have fun!

>"You are not a special snowflake!"
Said Brad Pitt to Jared Letto

I've always felt Chuck Palanhiuk is a hack and any sagacity in Fight Club was an accident or miracle. This is a moment where I say I get Fight Club better than the author does, like everyone in the world versus George Lucas. The book is very gay, sure, but I think that is to highlight the absurdity of the world they've created because they're all overblown manchildren. You don't create a new masculinity by furiously beating each other to vent your impotency, and the ending is showing just how impotent they are. Meanwhile, the movie shows us
>woah, this is what we can do if we believe, even if those angry White men are crazy, further vacuous platitudes

>this is what people get out of watching Fight Club

Tyler is the ethos of the great man in history. The ''Generation raised by women'' become exploited by the archetypal great man; through the belief that they are regaining their manhood, their tribe-hood, meaning or whatever. They become submissive to Tyler (the exact opposite of which they seek), they become blinded by the illusion and become part of a greater personality; projected by Tyler. They wish to be him, but they are not him, so they follow him and enter the world manifested by his personality. The symbolism of the protagonist being one of these disenfranchised men and being Tyler at the same time. Tyler is his ideal, but he is distanced from it, he is not it, but only in fantasy can he become it. So the dichotomy is formed, where he must follow, and become submissive to his ideal; as the men become submissive to Tyler the savior father figure.

TLDR: The author is a literal faggot

it's not a teenage movie, in fact, every adult should watch it and reconsider their lives, their possessions and how much unnecessary shit they have. But adult people don't change, they don't like to be told they were wrong all their lives, go tell your grandma that her political view is wrong, even if you had evidence, it's literally impossible to change the mind of someone old

teens like it because teens are edgy and retarded and think the whole point of the movie is

>But recently people have come to believe the actual message is masculinity is toxic and destructive and we'd all be happier as women.

Who are these "people"
Usually when someone says "people" it's when they need an imaginary person to fight with and hold on to their claims

Wtf I love gays now

>Fight Club is like the Che Guevara T-shirt of movies

The words of a true hipster douche

The movie is what it is. Just because it became popular and its writer turned out to be a hack doesn't mean shit

We don't?

it was written for & about our parents generation

we need something new that actually applies to us

you're just salty because he came up with a decent analogy and you didn't

>observe pop culture
>"Gee, I don't see any problems here. Must be a strawman."

Stay ignorant fool.