A friend offers to watch a movie and picks one he likes

>A friend offers to watch a movie and picks one he likes.
>all throughout the movie he goes on his smartphone and texts.
>When its over he says he loved it.

How do you deal with this? I mean this guy loves horror films, he loves movies, he even took a course on movie history in uni for fun and he wanted to watch a movie.
I dont get it, I just dont(this is the third time so this is simply how he watches films).
Do any of you do this? Can you please explain this.

My friends do this and then at the end of the movie they all claim that it didn't make sense.

I hate them all.

>implying you actually have friends

No, you can't save phone people from themselves.

>>implying i don't actually have friends

i just snatch their phones and throw them at the wall

god its a horrible time to be alive. every time i go to a bar or a coffee shop, its like pic related, no one is talking to each other, everyone is browsing their phones. same thing on the bus or subway. theres zero chance of having a magical encounter with a charming stranger

My friends either stare at their phones or constantly talk over the entire movie.
Then they'll ask me to explain the plot to them because they'll have no idea what going on.
I don't watch movies with other people anymore

>>>implying you do

I have a rule in my house when friends come over if we are watching a movie to put their phones in a basket and nobody can use them until the movie is over unless emergency of course

maybe you guys are already friends IRL and you don't even know it WOULDNTTHATBEFUCKINGZANY

I don't usually pay attention to anything but the Movie so I don't really care what someone else is doing...as long as they aren't being loud. Who cares if he was on his phone. Many people do this just in a different way. Study and watch tv or listen to music. Some people just absorb material better when 'multi tasking' or just prefer it that way. Perhaps he was bored with the movie. Idk. Don't let it get under your skin so much.

I have this problem with my sister, she text during the whole movie and sometimes asks "Who is this anyway?" "Why is he doing that?" "Wasn't he the same guy?".
Teens got short span attention.

I was just curious. I wanna understand this experience.

>span attention
kek

Had a roommate who would always do this, but like another user said before I could care less as long as I'm able to enjoy watching the movie experience. Would even give him shit for it too, but not serious, its a "free" world user

>I could care less

Same problem the only time when she is into it is when im fucking her

Why couldnt i have a sister...I wonder if she would have come out hot.

Random Guessing: maybe he enjoyed it but was not captivated by it. Since he has seen many films, he might recognize where it is going and briefly disconnect.

If he picks one he likes, probably has seen it before. Maybe they chose it because they thought you would like it? They don't need to give full attention if they've seen it multiple times.

No, thats me. Though one of the few movies we watched recently was Neon Demon, in that case I can understand a pleb getting distracted but We also watched the shitty horror crap he loves and he got distracted in both.

>no, that's me
i hope you get testicular cancer

50/50 chance i have 2 sisters one is older than me and is fucking annoying also a bit ugly

Why are you angry at me? He doesnt even look up films on IMDB to make sure they got high scores. He just watches them like a pleb without reading reviews to understand of th emovie is good or not.

>eyeballing your friend the entire time the movie is on to see if they are paying attention to the movie ...like you

Lmao

>theres zero chance of having a magical encounter with a charming stranger
People are certainly more closed off these days, but you can still attempt to talk to them.

>Night out with friends
>Go take a piss
>Return
>Everybody on their phones
>Sit down and make some remarks to get the conversation started again, get passive replies
>One friend looks at me: 'Why don't you have your phone out? Is it like a thing for you?'
>I was actually considered the weird one for not having my phone out at a social thing

I'm glad I don't have a phone/technology addiction. Some of my friends think I'm weird because I don't do social media like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, whatever the others are. Some are just like me and don't do much online. I don't care though. Besides a few random postings on Cred Forums I don't have an online presence. I make it a point to connect with people face to face most of the time. Plus, no one gives a shit about what I'm eating for dinner or a flower I took a picture of, etc.

Works for me.

This is a fucking shitty time to be alive.

I was born in 83 and when growing up I fondly remember watching movies/tv shows/sporting events with friends and family. If what we were watching was great, all the better. If it sucked we would make fun of it MST3K style.

But whether or not the content is good or bad, people are on their fucking phones. What the fuck is so interesting about some faggots instagram or some fat DJs snapchat. It's fucking insane.

>picks one he likes
>already seen the movie once

there's your problem.

i'm a real grown up and people actually do this in conversation up to and including in job interviews

look it up

because of easier access to material, people's tolerance for bad shit has gone down. it's just something you have to deal with.

if you're watching a movie with someone and they're on their phone the whole time, obviously they're not interested in what's going on - even if they say they are just to be nice.

I dont believe you have a sister. Post proof of her existance and her gender.

you're an irresponsible child

stfu

>because of easier access to material, people's tolerance for bad shit has gone down.

So stupid snapchat shit or youtube garbage is "good material"? My cousin was hyped as fuck for Narcos season 2 and we watched a few eps together (and by "watched", I mean he was on his phone the whole time). And it's a show with subtitles. He barely knew what was going on.

>if you're watching a movie with someone and they're on their phone the whole time, obviously they're not interested in what's going on
In the old days we would just change the channel or just make fun of what was on the tv. What the fuck is so interesting on your phone? It seems like people just keep checking the same instagram/snapchat/facebook posts over and over and over again.

Same

See the movie alone first, then see it within the context of a social situation. This is the only way you'll ever enjoy anything. First you can appreciate the film for what it is, then you can enjoy being social.

Now I'm sure some of the embryos out there might scoff at the notion of seeing something without having some hangers on. Otherwise, who knows, people might think you're a ""loser"". But get the fuck over yourself and just do it.

If not, shut the fuck up and stop complaining.

honestly when im with my friends im on Cred Forums on my phone most of the time since i dont have a facebook twitter shit

>I used to go to the movies with my younger cousins
>then they weren't interested anymore
>I ask why
>answer: "you can't use your phone in the theater".

Fucking hell.

>2015 + 1
>having friends

>honestly when im with my friends im on Cred Forums on my phone most of the time since i dont have a facebook twitter shit

You're just as bad the normies, faggot.

That's just women in general. It's impossible for them to follow movies. Eventually, you just get used to it and stop watching anything you like with them.

>'Why don't you have your phone out? Is it like a thing for you?'
>'It would be extremely painful.'

this never happened

this never happened

This.

>lets watch normie shit x
>this phone cancer in every place, even in a bar
>social media bullshit

Just let it go and embrace the loneliness and actually do things you enjoy.
I've never been this happy in my life.

every woman i know does this. and they'll look up wiki or some other info on the actors and want to talk about it while the movie is playing...

>fucking women

I have a friend who claims to love movies. The last time I ever bothered trying to show him one (about two years ago, movie was WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER), I put in the DVD. He gets up and starts messing around in the kitchen, I leave it on the menu for a few minutes until he tells me he's almost done & to go ahead and start it. Hit play, he's in the kitchen for the first 15-20 minutes of the movie making food, which he then eats in the kitchen (this was in an apartment so the kitchen was directly connected to the living room, he could see the tv but at a highly obstructed angle). He then grabs a basket of laundry and starts putting it in the washer, while putting the previous load in the dryer. He finally sits down for the movie, which is like 40 minutes in at this point, and sits on his phone, only to look up and laugh every time I laugh.

I don't understand that shit at all. Like why even agree to watch a movie you haven't seen if you're gonna do that the entire time? It wasn't even like we were watching some fuckin Bela Tarr shit, it was a wacky 2000's comedy.

I can understand maybe replying to a text real quick, or if it's a movie you've seen a million times already just having it on in the background and enjoying certain scenes. But yeah fuck this shit.

You sound like a fucking homo

>every woman i know
stop lying user

you sound like you're behind the curve

>alright everyone put your phones in the baskets no texting!!!!!
Your friends talk shit on you behind your back. This is fact

Every friend does this about every friend they have.

Riiiiight

It did. Why do you insist otherwise?

okay, my mom, fuckface

You seriously don't talk shit about your friends with your other friends?

Either way, rest assured that they do it about you.

Nah, everyone likes and fears me, they wouldn't dare. Besides what about me is there to talk shit about

They probably just talk about how great and humble you are.

lol typical deluded naive normiecuck

I'm glad you understand

I noticed this used to be mainly a girl thing but now most men do it as well, it makes me fucking reeee

There's a difference between nit picking little things your friends do and shit talking. They shit talk because you sound like an insufferable cunt. Just say stay off your phones. A fucking basket filled with phones hahahahahah

DJ Khaled's snapchat is a goldmine of keks,gramps

>It puts the phone in the fucking basket

I'm far from a normie my man. I just don't have trash friends. We out whoever talks shit in the group

If I'm watching a movie by myself I browse Cred Forums the whole time. If I'm watching it with other people I pay full attention to the movie while they're texting and shit so I can feel superior to them.

>Some people just absorb material better when 'multi tasking'
kek

No, some people are just retard with low IQ and low focus.

I deal with this kind of moron every days.

Just do like this guy:
>I don't watch movies with other people anymore

I don't listen to music with lot of my friends too and for sure, I wouldn't watch a fucking movie with friends.

I had a secretary who was always texting, couldn't follow a conversation, couldn't focus on doing her job. She would talk to you without look in the eyes, stuck on her phone and wouldn't even hear what you could ask her.

Avoid this kind of people. I had a retard like this in my group of friends, I was always treating him like shit, only using slogans to talk to him and a combination of the same 10 words. Nobody talk to him anymore and every body think he's a little "slow" now.

>multi-tasking on a show that requires subtitles

Jesus man, I was able to get my friend to pay attention to Gomorrah for that reason. Did your friend understand spanish? You should've glanced over to see what was so interesting on his phone

you all sound like a bunch of fruity fags I bet you all secretly wish to get drunk and suck each other off one night

i hate what this world has become
i'm a fucking loser who sits on computer message boards all day, but if i go out to interact with people, i'm not going to be on the fucking internet while we're hanging out. i refuse to have a smartphone on me at all times

Stop projecting your fantasies you have for your friends fucking loser hahahah

>no friends
Lel

looks like I hit a little too close to home, if you're so desperate for it to happen you should get all your "bros" on ecstasy and you're fantasies will be fulfilled

Smartphones are a very important invention and the people who complain about them in this way really don't understand how valuable that kind of behavior is.

See, for the longest time, whenever someone went to see something they didn't really care about, or had to hang out with someone they didn't care about, they'd have to pretend that they did, putting on a facade of interest and support. Now that it's (apparently) become socially acceptable to just look at your smartphone instead of talking to people, no one has to do that anymore, and you can tell much more quickly whether or not someone actually gives a shit about you or they're just humoring you. Smartphones have taken social transparency to a whole new level, which is something I'm fully in favor of.

Fuck your social transparency, I want an ideal surface that purges malefactors and desperately covers up flaws and degradation

i don't need your permission dickfuck

>no friends
Heh

uh can you go take your meds you fucking lunatic?

You really need to chill with your faggot fantasies dude

>your latent homosexual desires get outed
>lazily try to save face by forcing them on others
wow

>watching The Witch with a buddy
>manages to stay off his phone for most of it
>get to the part where the father locks the kids in the barn with the goats
>phone comes out and stays out, tapping away at whatever
>tell him, "Dude, there's not much point watching this movie if you're not gonna watch this part."
>puts the phone away and watches

I know it was kind of a shitty thing to say, but come on. It's literally the climax of the movie. I sorta only watch certain movies with certain friends now.

I accept your life choices but don't push it onto others

>We also watched the shitty horror crap he loves
You already mentioned you watched Neon Demon

>i know you are but what am I
hm.....

It just means people aren't challenged anymore. "This bores me, I'll just scroll through my Facebook and Instagram." It's all instant gratification instead of critical thinking.

Thanks man, I needed the laugh.

Chill fag

I used to have this problem with my sister, then I just started teasing her by taking pictures of her feet and posting them here.

Well, I'm watching the Hack Snyder version of Dawn of the Dead, which is pretty bad and not worthy of my full attention, so here I am with you fags.

Often I will find myself pondering over some interesting portion of the movie and lose focus.

I do the same while reading and I'll have to reread the portion I autopiloted through.

Is she hot?

Have you ever considered that you think movies suck because you're not actually paying close enough attention to them to understand what's happening?

Closet faggot

t. out-of-the-closet faggot

It's ok son. We accept that you gargle cock

stop oppressing me gayboi

Fags=gay

what did he mean by this?

Idiots should just read the plot on wikipedia at the same pace as the movie. I do that movies that are slow because I have ADD.

>this guy loves horror films
>he loves movies
That's an oxymoron.

You

>pick a movie to watch with a friend or relative
>can't enjoy the movie and keep agonizing overvwhether they're liking it
>self-esteem plummets
How do people do this?

>Go on a date
>Inevitably talk about TV shows and films
>Girl tells me she reads the plots on wikipedia before watching
>'What about the element of surprise?'
>'I'm surprised when I read the story for the first time.'
I didn't know what to make of it at the time. Still don't.

A douchebag like you has friends? You sound like such an insufferable cunt.

>he's a cunt because he wants to give his friends a fulfilling experience rather than a devoid vapid one

Yeah never read ahead. But technology is a great way for dumb people to understand and enjoy films they never would have otherwise. It's good for the industry and fans.

>common sense not so common anymore
>cinemas remind people a million times not to use phones
>even theatres beg people to turn their phones off
>people have their phones on anyway and use them
>this guy tries to create his own system for everyone to have an enjoyable film experience without the interference of phones
>gets called a cunt
Go fuck yourself, mate

Not him, but just ask your friends nicely to not be on their phones? lol. It seems really cringey and autistic to walk around the room having them put it in the basket. The fuck hahaha they're not 3 year olds

You're both retarded. "Le ebin twist" is a hack technique and anyone with an iq above double digits can deduce the plot of 99% of tv show episodes after the first 10 minutes.
Furthermore it has been repeatedly proven that having a show "spoiled" does nothing to reduce people's enjoyment of the actual episode and infact tends to have a positive effect as you can get the 'second viewing' experience on the first viewing and pick up on a lot more details.
You know.. unless you have an autistic ragefit whenever someone "ruins your life" by mentioning a paint by numbers plot point.
TL;DR Only children with no lives and plenty of time to waste will disagree with me. ;^)

>implying people know what's good for them
>implying you don't have to force them to make them listen.

>my parents taught me a different lesson. That the world only makes sense when you force it to

Went to the cinema and this hipster-looking dude came in by himself and sat in front of me. During the film he would check Pokemon GO! and towards the end he took a picture of the screen and uploaded it on Instagram. I wondered if he compensates for his loneliness by uploading everything he does on social media to get some recognition from there. It's a sad world we live in.

>watching a film with my brother
>20 minutes in he flips out his phone and starts watching a minecraft video
well fuck me then

>be in uni Biology class
>dumb cunt texting and making selfies on her phone
>interrupts the entire class to ask stupid fucking questions about material covered during the lecture
>teacher is too much of a pushover to ask her to pay attention and put her phone away
>everyone in the class hates her

women are a fucking meme

>Complaining about the teacher when you are too beta to do it yourself

Assuming that they are, does he put out so many of them that you have to check for an update every 20 fucking seconds?

I said something and she told me to fuck off

And you expect me to believe that no one else in your class who supposedly hate her decided to chime in?

I'm not really concerned with what you think of me user, I'll never meet you. You're just another angry young man here to complain about movies.

You sure showed me, bruh.
In case you need a reminder, you're the only one complaining here.

>people who are not like me are morons

>You sure showed me, bruh.
this will be the response no matter what I type
>In case you need a reminder, you're the only one complaining here.
then why do you feel the need to reply if it bothers you so much?

Arent I "looking it up" this very thread?

>tfw gf is a film student and analyzes every miniscule aspect of the films like one of those pretentious YouTube film theory analysis channels
I don't know which is worse

>implying i dont just turn on my cellular network blocker.