Will IT suck...

Will IT suck? I know we're all going to be there opening night because of the tremendously talented actor playing Richie, but is the movie salvageable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lpb0Kh3e2GE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Even director Andrés Muschietti wasn't safe from Skarsgård's twisted vision.
>"One time I yelled 'cut' and Bill turned to me and said 'what if someone stood in the middle of a sewer and yelled cut? Maybe the monkeys in high visibility clothing would forget their trained routine of public sanitation' My jaw hit the floor and it never really came back up. That's when I thought, is he getting in character to play Pennywise, or is Pennywise something that's been in him all along?"
>"Sometimes I would go to look into the cameras, and I noticed Bill had put something in the lens. It was stuff like 'What if cameras were deadlights? Would you buy a clown?' and 'Lights. Camera. Balloons.' I had to ask him to stop because I was getting too scared to direct."

that's all really dumb

It's gonna be more like the book. Hopefully we will see more of the drider and it's babies this time around. But that porcelain Harlequin doll look is spot on especially with the cracking forehead.

Do you think they'll twerk it so Richie is the main character on account of him being the most recognizable actor to normies on R E B B I T?

Of course it is, it's recycled Leto Joker pasta.

Listen up fuck face, we're not having another thread deleted because you pedo ST assholes can't stick to your own thread. Fuck off.

Kys pedo.

As soon as it was confirmed The Leper and 29 Neibolt were in it they had me sold. Should be a good faithful adaptation.

I think it has the power to be ok, depending on how they go about it. they have more then enough source material to work with. But so far
>changing the stories of some characters
>chaning the timeline
>new pennywise look
>obviously cant include everything, but I hope they include certain bits

It could go either way. If they can capture the feeling of childhood in a small town first, then the problem with the monster and murders I think it stands a chance

>>changing the stories of some characters

Such as?

I'm jonesing to see how the drider form looks, I hope they nail it.

Yeah they haven't show us much. We got behind the scene pics of the Paul Bunyan and lich.

>lich

Driderposting will never take off m8

So you mean the leper.

Drider's already won the war. Don't start this trollin' shit. It's been settled for awhile now that It was a drider.

Even if Richie isn't the main character, he is still incredible prominent in the book.

That's just a lich m8

Henry bowers dad isnt a drunk, racist abusive farmer anymore, hes a racist abusive cop.
Pretty sure one of the people making it is big into the whole #BLM white guilt thing

But it's not.

Oh I see, you thought drider posting was funny and so now you're renaming everything in IT into a D&D creature. I get it, it's very clever. I'll bet you feel proud of yourself and more importantly your parents are proud. I'm sure they took that post of yours and hung it up on the fridge next to your macaroni art and gave you an extra helping of sketti tonight.

I'm happy for you, really I am.

Fuck off troll. It has muscular upper arms, hands, and 2 eyes.

Or maybe they made the change because there aren't any farmers in 1980s Maine and so having him be a cop is more time appropriate. Not everything is a SJW boogeyman.

>mfw lich means undead in native language
I don't know about any d&d, but I know the lich king from wow is based around the word lich because of its meaning before games.

And no I'm not the drider, man.

I wouldn't say any of them are more prominent than the others except for Bill because he's the leader.

>there aren't any farmers in 1980s Maine
there are tons of farmers in 2016 Maine, its fucking maine, thats all they do

>Will IT suck?

yes, IT will suck

What's the movie called?

It's a spider. That's the closest thing their minds were able to comprehend it as. Stop pushing his cringey meme argument. If you respond I win

D R I D E R
D R I D E R
DRIDER

kino on its way boys

Stop responding to him jesus christ.

IT

YOU STUPID IDIOT

Fuck off Dinin

I responded to him twice chill the fuck out sperg

there were dozens of farmers in 1980s maine, have you ever been to maine? Thats like saying there are no corn farmers in the midwest.
Besides, henrys dad is instrumental to Henry being a psychopath through his abuse, plus all the stuff with mikes family

>Besides, henrys dad is instrumental to Henry being a psychopath through his abuse, plus all the stuff with mikes family

And he can still do that as a cop so it makes no difference if he's a cop or a farmer.

They comprehended it as a human spider, otherwise they would've seen a spider. They did not see a spider. They saw something spider-like, that had humanoid features, ergo it's a drider. Just because they didn't know the word for it doesn't mean it's not a drider.

That was one of the great things about the book. Most of the children were really well developed. I always felt Mike was a bit underdeveped, but maybe that was because his childhood scenes started later in the book as compared to the other children. Oh, and Stan may have been a bit underdeveloped too, but I may have gotten that impression bc I already knew his fate and therefore did not let myself get attached to the character.

It was obviously bait you fucking moron. And who calls people 'stupid idiot'? Pleb

It
It's about a interdimensional drider from Stephen King's books about the Dark Tower. It lives in the sewers of Derry and uses hypnosis to lure children to it's shapeshifting illusion. Choosing things kids are afraid of like paul bunyan, werewolves, vampires, liches, clowns, and floating dead children in a water with creepy teheme "We all float down here". Then shit gets boring and they try to kill It. It's finally reveals itself and is a drider using it's powers. They kill It with the help of the Turtle Spirit.
Cool movie, scary shit when a kid.
Here's the drider from original movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=Lpb0Kh3e2GE
The arms dangling there it uses later to life the guy let's us know it's a drider and not a regular spider.

Yeah Stan didn't get quite as much front and center time but a lot of his stuff was great. His whole speech about offense and how IT offended his sense of right and wrong and messed up his place in the world was great.

Look at these stupid idiots

>mike has Murdocs hair.

Ruins it.

Nah nice try

So you concede.

Listen man. You know how Dracula was the first pop culture Vampire tale? But Twilight vampires are nothing like Dracula and are vampires? It's same thing man.

Best lines in the book. Among the best in all of King's writing.

will they include the scene where henry's froemd gives him a blow job

henery is noted for having more muscle and being stronger then the other kids because of all the work he has to do at the farm
he also get into a land dispute with mikes family over farmland and he kills some of their animals
Besides,We have officer Nell as the police officer character, and he actually cares about the kids. theyre making unnecessary changes and fucking with an already shortened story

>faithful adaptation
>Disneyland tier haunted house
Ok.

>we're all going to be there opening night because of the tremendously talented actor playing Richie
Who's playing Richie?

they have a kid paying patrick hockstetter so we can only hope
or at least have the full scene with him in the junkyard

So Henry can't be stronger than them because he doesn't live on a farm? Neither do they?
So Henry's father can't have any conflict with Mike's father because he's not a farmer? Are the only people who have disputes in Maine farmers?
Officer Nell can't be in the movie because Henry's father is is an officer? Is Maine only allowed to have one police officer?

I think he may be the one making the nearly daily IT threads so he can have a chance to make driderposting a thing. Meme on you mad fucker, meme on.

Is it possible to have a group of Kids more likable than the Stranger Things kids? No.

So therefore IT is doomed.

Stranger Things exists because of the It series. Be glad of it's existence new friend.

Spergs beware, I'm about to say a name that is apparently no longer welcome on this board. It may be distressing to some.

TRIGGER WARNING: Finn Wolfhard, aka FROGGO.

If IT was wagyu beef then Stranger Things is a McDouble.

Oh shit is that silver? I never noticed it before. I'm blind as shit

They have the most likable kid from Stranger Things in IT. Your argument is invalid.

Weirdly enough, Stan ended up being my favourite character, maybe because of the implication that he was psychic and thus more sensitive to Pennywise. I liked that he was this tragic, scared kid in comparison to the others, who were typical Stephen King "badass kids" for the most part.

And if Stranger Things is a McDouble, the shitty IT remake brought to you from the makers of the Conjuring and Mama is kibbles and bits.

you seem awfully upset m8
you asked some changes they made and how they can possibly change an already uncertain project and I told you
deal with it

And I responded with logic and facts, to which you responded with "u mad".

It's ok, I accept your apology.

The Boy Frog Wonder.

Rude. It's at least Fancy Feast.

The idea that simply knowing too much about what IT was was enough for him to kill himself was pretty rough. You can't really blame him.

its unneeded is what it is, theyre already not going to be able to include everything in the book, so theyre going to rearrange characters and add further story that could be used to include more from the book?
and you know damn well butch bowers being a racist drunk will play a major role in him being a police officer, which had nothing to do with the story
there was a racist farmer and the cops the cops in the beginning that didnt really care about the adrain melon being killed but aside from that (and like the other user said with officer nell) they dont play a major part in the story

He is the best thing that could happen to this shitty universe ever.

damn, you seem steamed and all over a fake character that been given an even more fake back story out of white guilt
why dont you go prep a bull and cool off?

>and you know damn well butch bowers being a racist drunk will play a major role in him being a police officer

I don't know that and neither do you. How about we talk about what we know and not what we want to make up, mmkay?

You're a big gider!

this, tbqh

And there we have it, we've moved from "u mad" to "u cuck". Truly you are the world's greatest debater.

Well time for this thread to get deleted like the others because the stupid fucking pedos won't stop.

good post.

no, every kid was basically a lanky twink becuase it was the 50s and kids werent hitting the gym back then

he already has a perfectly good set up now, why add more to it?

theyre not going to add another officer character if they already have one, the cops didnt play a big role in IT

Only if you spergs keep reporting completely innocuous posts.

Nah

so, why make his dad a cop in the first place?
Why make the known racist character whos already got a back story a police officer?
Whats wrong with keeping him a farmer?

Unless of course theyre going to use this to soapbox.....no couldnt be !

Things going against it:

>it's a horror movie

98% chance it will suck

>it's a Stephen King movie:

90% chance it will suck

>that costume design

99.9% chance it will suck

By my estimations: 99.98% change it will suck.

Could be, couldn't be. Do you have any evidence to back up your claim that they are using it to soapbox other than your own paranoid delusions?

Twilight is vampires and werewolves. You have to accept this.

There is a really cool line referencing the Dark Tower and singing roses. Stan definitely saw things in a deeper way than there rest if the group.

Things going for it:

>Finn Wolfhard is in it.

For wins.

We're not talking about vampires and werewolves

well we know hes a racist, he fights with mikes family and he beats the piss out of Henry which is why hes a bully, which is about half of the story. So they need to keep that in.
which means hes going to be a power tripping racist cop, which while not a big problem story wise and could work anyway seems to be unnecessary and as the other user said a waste of character time that we could spend on other things
>derrys history and the murders of the decades
>officer nell
>adrain melon
>the other murders that happen in the first segment
especially the first one, theres so much history about how long IT has been fucking things up in derry (the Iron works explosion, the logger and claude heroux, the black spot night club fire if you really want muh rascim)
Idk man you think what you want but I agree with the others it just seems like extra work that we dont get a big pay off from

IT the book, or IT the made for tv miniseries movie thing? Bc that it is like a a month old ribwich.

yes it will. horror remakes always suck. i think the original it sucked. overrated piece of shit movie that people seem to think was good

I've never said it wasn't unnecessary, but I'm also not jumping on the "every change is automatically for the worse" camp. Without any further context than "he's a cop now" I can't say if it's a good or bad thing.

this. Haters be damned.

>do you have evidence that the racist, power tripping character in the book will continue to be so in the movie
yes, an entire book actually

How about you quote what I said instead of refuting a made up argument?

Finn will make IT great, I have no doubt

What a shitty cover. If I saw that in the library I'd pass right over it.

nobody is either, im the first guy who responded to.
I said it could go either way, but theyre making some changes and IMO that doesnt look good. We finally get an R rated IT theatrical release and theyre already tweaking some parts. Aside from some characters changes, theyre also changing the time periods which I think is huge mistake and could tank the whole thing. The original movie had to make changes because it was made for tv, they shouldnt have to for this but they are anyway
theyre never going to be able to put everything from the book into the movies so the more changes they do the more they seem to drift away from the source material

Good for you my man

I still have hope for it. I may be in the minority, but I am not turned off by the pic of Pennywise. The silver with orange poms seems pretty true to the source material.

First Edition is always Best Edition.

damn youre salty
and all this over a fucking stephan king movie?
Look, youre clearly very passionate about your view points but whatever
theyre definetly going to continue the character traits of henrys father to whatever hes doing in the movie, as they are instrumental to the plot. How much will this tie into current social issues we cant tell until it comes out, but if you think it wont play a major role in the movie then maybe you shouldnt watch it? You seem to get bothered by little things like that

Once again

>Refuted with logic
>"lol u mad"

We're done here.

I almost bought the cemetery dance 25th anniversary special edition but it was like 300 fucking dollars

and what logic is that friend? I think the word youre looking for is ignorance

youre both fucking idiots and the movie will be a decent Halloween flick at best
>child orgy
>spiders
threads over everybody get out

And it's not even that attractive, nor will it hold value like a first edition.

>driders
Fuck off troll. The adults are talking.

Nah

>Will IT suck?
IT is a remake, so probably.
>Suicide Squad antics
Fuck's sake.
>most likable kid
Dustin?

reddIT

I couldnt find/afford a first edition if I tried, and the only thing I liked about the anniversary was the artwork. But I can just find them online

That's copy pasta dumb dumb

Did they draw a rendition of the vampire in the library? I love the imagery of a shiny mouth of razors. And of course it chomping down and tearing its own shit up.

As long as it's not a first printing you can get a first edition for under $100 in good shape still. It's only the first edition/first impressions that are super expensive.

Oh did you design it? What were you thinking, fucking retard? You expect people to wanna pick that bitch up?

Nah just letting you know. Good for you pal. Really.

I refuse to believe this is real. It doesn't even compete with the retarded AHS clown, let alone Pennywise. This is just going to be embarassing. Why go to all the effort of rebooting this story that takes six hours to tell if you're not going to go all the way and make the clown actually scary? Do they just compute that they'll for sure make so much money back no matter what? Just why? No one's going to like this. IT is bullshit to begin with. I spend six hours of my life and lol giant spider.

not that Im aware of, theres only about a dozen or so drawings in the book and ive found most of them online
yeah ive seen those. Ive already got a tattered old copy. If I ever wanted a new one id just buy it off the shelf for like 10 dollars

>spider
Yeah we can see why you don't get the reboot, you didn't even understand the first one.

Stop

What's wrong buttercup? Need someone to wipe those tears away? You've been in the wrong for a long time now. Just give it up and admit it.

We should start a book club since these threads never go anywhere.

Ok, everyone go read The Regulators then we can talk about why it would be a better movie.

I don't read. If there isn't a good audible version it isn't worth it, gramps.

I cannot begin to fathom how empty your life is.

>Dozens

Why does the idea of a giant, humanoid, magical space drider trigger you so much?

>It's not a SPIDER, you stupid, stupid pleb, it's a giant, mostly-humanoid, I swear, magical, space DRIDER
>Not a spider, a DRIDER

And I'm the one that's supposed to feel silly?

Yes because you keep fucking responding to him.

can we ever discuss this flick without some D&D faggot's turboautism?

It's only annoying know because the one doing it now isn't even good at it. The original drider poster was at least entertaining in how he shifted his arguments and kept it lively. This faggot just spams the same two or three pics and never actually puts up an argument.

Doesn't matter if it's good or not, driderposting will ruin it.

>discuss a flick for which there is only the one promo image, for which it only gets reposted at all because OP wants the memers to come out

Does anyone have an archive of that thread? Not the first one, the second one where they started talking about thighs and how hands and/or a voice are necessary for spellcasting.

Dark Tower references King's other books. None of his other books reference Dark Tower. Check your timeline.

There arent any killerclowns in maine either, you really think some background character being a farmer would ruin the immersion?

kek keep this meme phresh

Not me dumbass

Why the fuck would I be there opening night you faggot. I don't even know the "tremendously talented" actor you're sackingw off. Never speak for me ever again you hear me

OP was using the royal we; you're plebeian scum and not included.

Richie's a qt

lewd

cunny gangbang scene

Will what suck?

HE WAS BIG

refute what?

top kek

Apple.

Probably any movie about some guy fixing the office printer will suck.

Oh wait this it was the "clown sightings" are about? I thought maybe they were remaking Killer Klowns From Outer Space. That sucks.

See the TURTLE of enormous girth!

The Gunslinger was published on 1982, and IT was published in 1986. Even if he hadn't written about singing roses by the time he had written IT, I refuse to believe he hadn't already thought of that concept for the story.

to be fair, Maine is pretty sparcley populated. youre either a farmer, run a mom and pop store or a fisherman

Of course it is. I doubt very many people know of Killer Klowns. Every pleb faggot knows of IT. Curry's IT anyways. Or are you pulling my leg? You fuckhead.