Has there ever been a more perfect sitcom in television history?

Has there ever been a more perfect sitcom in television history?

i think it moved

>what is spaced

no

I'm watching that episode right now

It's right at the part where Jerry is on the phone and sits down on elaine and makes her scoot over

is that a real banana or a prop

I can't think of any better sitcom

>read: no

>he doesn't Joe's fruit stand

not even close
it's the best one by far

>its an "I try to be anti Semitic, but then I remember Seinfeld exists" episode

Not sure how to feel about this one.

If you consider a sitcom Larry Sanders is GOAT tv comedy along w seinfeld

Garry Shandling is a miserable faggot.

Nope. Many tried but have never gotten close.

Remains the only DVD box-set for a television series I bought.

It set forth literal memes that still exist to this day. Memes in the 90s before they were thought of as memes.

Yes, this one, in fact.

Frasier is a damn good show. Much better than Cheers, and one of the best

But it still takes a back seat to Seinfeld my dude

A fine show don't get me wrong but it was more low-key.

Seinfeld created far more situations that remain memorable. Insanely funny.

Frasier was the comfy go-to you come back to years later and realize just how good the writing was.

Gravel?

I like the sound it makes when you walk on it

His hair reminds me of the masked porter in eyes wide shut that leads tom cruise to the room where they're all waiting for him.

It's still the pinnacle, and it will take something groundbreaking to unseat it.

Some user upthread said it: it essentially spawned memes and references that are still in use twenty years later, and before the internet was widely used.

>what is Bewitched

Malcolm in the Middle, easy. Not a single bad episode, whereas for Seinfeld I can name a bunch.

what's it like being retarded?

It's Always Sunny has been the closest ever.

It's the current day Seinfeld to me. It fully embraces the self-deprecation humor which is something that Seinfeld went with but not so brazenly like It's Always Sunny does. Damn good replacement for the current days to me at least.

hey jerry, i think it's time to turn off the computer

>fraction of a cent per pound
>plumbs

Ask your mum, she knows all about it.

/thread

sunny fell harder than the simpsons

the only good comedy show of the 00' was my name is earl tbqh
i love arrested development but i must admit that it has some serious flaws

Married with children is better. Jews aren't very funny, unfortunately.

Simpsons did it first and a lot more of them with much higher quality. You lose again, Larry.

>perfect
S1 was hit or miss. S7-9 were predominantly bad or in some cases unwatchable.

Curb is closer to perfect than Seinfeld.

I agree that Sunny is great, but it's not groundbreaking.

It owes a ton to Seinfeld, which is one of the reasons it's so funny. Fantastic inspo/source material.

But it doesn't have that je ne sais quoi that is Larry David's mind/the character of George Costanza.

married with children is tops for me. but seinfeld is a very very close second.

always sunny is probably the closest thing to seinfeld current on tv, but i find not only is season 1 pretty miss, but unlike seinfeld it doesn't have much rewatch value. after ive seen the episodes about twice they mostly lose their funny unlike seinfeld where i still laugh even though ive seen the episodes to the point i have them memorized.

Frasier and it's not even close.

I love Married with Children but Seinfeld is still better in my opinion.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is really the only thing that comes close and it's damn, damn close.

what's the deal with retards on anime image boards?

George/Larry is just a character/persona that says what everybody is thinking. Scott Adams had a comic on it. Comic. Singular.

The horse has been beaten and buried.

no

>Jews aren't funny

I agree.

I don't think Seinfeld aged as well. Still good though.

Most threads like this will have a decent sized force of contrarian faggots. I think it's a testament to Seinfeld's genius/timelessness/perfection/etc that there are only a couple in here. There is no greater sitcom -- other mentions in this thread are honorable, but nothing on tv before or since has come close yet.

>What kind of a person are you?
>I think I'm like you, only successful
George is the best TV show character ever

>Married with children is better. Jews aren't very funny, unfortunately.
>Jews aren't funny

Funny you say that since a black and a Jew helped write MWC.

>Curb Your Enthusiasm is really the only thing that comes close and it's damn, damn close.

No, it's not close at all.

CYE is crazy overrated.

How in gods name can anyone like Seinfeld and dislike Curb? It's basically Seinfeld with an R-rating.

MASH
Cheers
Lucy

For starters

its too formulaic. rinse and repeat every episode. it was getting better again the last season when he was on NYC

the last season was okay. honestly curb is more formulaic than seinfeld and it gets hard to rewatch BUT the freak book episode made me laugh harder than anything in the world.

No he isn't. He's a very specific type of person.

He does say what everyone HERE is thinking though.