This is the best found footage horror movie ever made

This is the best found footage horror movie ever made.

and it still wasn't that good.

fpbp

I liked Creep.

I found it oddly addicting.

I found VHS1 more thriller
VHS2 is more horror.

Also the best horror, no one can say the suicide cult wasn't 100% based. Especially since the rest of the movie was in english. It's not like you're just watching a foreign movie.

None of the footage had any reason to be on VHS. The forage should have been from the 80s and 90s.

Out of all three VHS movies there are MAYBE like 2 good bits.

I think the only one I really liked was the one where the guy makes the portal and finds the fucked up version of his family on the other side.

I liked the Borderland better.

I did appreciate VHS's short story format. I think it's generally better suited than a full length picture, even though some of the stories weren't good.

And yet, by the third movie it was absolute shit. It's like the guy was intentionally trying to kill the franchise, Producers style.

This. The sequel had better story than the first in my humble opinion.

It was fucking garbage. There's a ton better found footage movies out there.

>suicide cult
That part made the entire movie worth it for me, it was perfect.

>that demon blowjob scene

The Ti West short was the only good one though.

Overall the whole series is bad and misses the point of the genre. There are always millions of cameras everywhere and everything that happens is conveniently captured on camera. What made Blair Witch scary is what you didn't see.

blair witch project, pleb

V/H/S was good though.

huehuehue

Wait, I don't remember that one.

I don't know, there are a number of horror elements to the first one. But most of them were kind of disappointing, in the end.

But yeah, the suicide cult was probably the best one of the series.

>I liked the Borderland better.
It's hard to say whether I liked The Borderlands or not.

It deeply upset me, but not in a way that made me feel cheated, or like I wasted two hours of my life.

Although at the same time, I wish it was more supernatural and less Giant Underground Feed Tube.

it was in VHS: Viral. the shitty third film.

blair witch, [rec], a few others are better

it was in VHS 3. Overall the movie was bad but that one part had such a good premise to it.

The Ti West one is literally the most boring and generic one though

God DAMN I love both VHS 1 and 2. Viral was shit and really only had one redeemable bit (the alternative universe one). Favorite clip is probably either the haunted house in the first one, or the zombie bit in the second film. Glitch man sucked, alien girlfriend embryos sucked, eyeball ghosts sucked ;^)

Nacho did good with his short even if the rest were all shit.

This. BWP is pure terror in the sense of "what's behind that door?" Most found footage just shows you the monster. No foreplay, no sizzle to go with the steak.

Glitch man was okay but nothing special. Alien girlfriend was great at setting up a sense of dread but the explanation/payoff was awful yeah.

I really liked the honeymoon bit in the first one. I think it should have ended with the toothbrush in the toilet though. It would be great to have a nice little moment of levity amongst all the other horror stories.

The one with the skateboarders and the cultists wasn't too bad. Not great but it was passable.

I agree man. There was something so fucking creepy about the alternate universe, without making it completely unbelievable (ignore the monster genitalia, that was stupid anyways). The bloody sack in the living room, the upside down cross on the blimp, it's all so subtle yet unnerving. I wanted more backstory on the alternate universe, but that would have taken the mysterious feel out of it.

>eyeball ghosts suck
you are wrong

I've never really understood the appeal behind the honeymoon clip. I feel like there really wasn't that much to it...not alot was explained. Like, the fiancé was just having an affair with a chick, and the paramour killed her spouse? I dunno, the lack of paranormal turned me off I think.

I liked that one a lot

What I liked is that they came up with a good reason as to why they're filming shit. People really do claim miracles, and the vatican really does send out investigators to try to record that shit.

I don't think the demon bowels necessarily contradicts the supernatural angle, in fact there was plenty of shit that can only be explained supernaturally. There was some good foreshadowing. When they walk through the video at the beginning they see a feral dog or something attack another animal, and the guy quips "That's nature for you, the big eating the small." It was all very Lovecraftian.

Wingard is boss, but that clip got pretty meh once the bitch showed up at his house.

Seriously, there was nothing horror about it. It was just about some cheating bitch.

That's why I would have ended it early. The pan from the sleeping husband to the sleeping wife got me legitimately unsettled. It was a great play on expectations and gave off a very realistic sense of dread. If it was just a random home invasion type of deal I would have been pretty freaked out because it would have given off a pretty strong 'this could happen to you' vibe. I agree that the whole 'they were lesbian lovers the whole time!' shtick was stupid but man, I think that was the only clip I actually had to look away from out of discomfort.

But it was terrible

3 good shorts the rest ruin the rest of what good the movie had

MUMBLE-CORE IS SHIT

I agree, the premise of it just being a random psycho fucking with them at night would have been better. Although, the part after the chick knocked on their door asking for a ride and then the camera panned outside was creepy.

I actually think 3 was the best because it had the best concepts

>A real magic cape that needs sacrifices for power
>A mirror world where people are human like monsters
>Crazy cultists that can't die

I thought it was solid.

hi [producer]

Not even close.

If you count Lake Mungo as found footage and not a horror documentary, it absolutely blows every other found footage movie out of the water, no pun intended. Otherwise, The Last Broadcast and/or Blair Witch Project (depending on your personal taste) haven't gone anywhere, and Noroi would be even better than either of them if the ghost girl wasn't awful CGI.

The VHS series had some good ideas, but every single segment ended up having some kind of retarded twist or extra aspect to the stories that made them fucking ridiculous. Absolutely none of them felt like proper "found footage", they just felt like normal horror shorts filmed in an unnecessary way. They consistently fail to successfully cover the "Achilles heel" of the found footage genre: the question of "why the fuck are they still filming?" No VHS segment ever gives a good answer to this, making the "found footage" aspect a fucking gimmick. Half the time, the endings of the shorts make it impossible that we would ever even find this footage, let alone find it on a VHS tape. Or were the VHS tapes just supposed to be magic? In which case, I ask again: why the fuck make this found footage?

I'm guessing that this post was probably made as a joke, but the concept that some people out there could actually hold that opinion terrifies me way more than anything in VHS ever did.

No need to be so autistic about the definition of the term "found footage".

RIP mr turtle & senor monkee

nightmares omg

affliction was pretty cool

Didn't the direrctor have to go to court over this?

Yeah

That's not Blair Witch 2.

The meta story of V/H/S 1 was superior in every sense of the word, and the "tapes" or "short films" were also a lot more original than V/H/S 2's.

Blair Witch Project still beats this though, by a mile.

Lake Mungo's greatest weakness is the pointless sex subplot, otherwise a top tier ghost story.

Actually for a few minutes that was the most interesting thing about the film. I was kinda hoping to see the teen girl fucking her neighbors. But yeah it turned out just a distraction. It wasn't a good movie.

The sex subplot is the weakest part of the movie, but the point of it was to convey the fact that Allie was hiding unthinkable secrets from her family.

>oldschool RS

This is a manchild free board.

I understand that, but I wish there was more than that and her vision, or that it was just her vision alone.

man you missed the point of VHS then

easy bait.

These are, in universe, supernatural tapes showing the demis of each of these people. They gotta show the demise.

i dont know what im looking at here

Best one is the borderlands

Idk why you people havent realized that

PATRICIAN

suicide cult was great up until that retarded ending with a fucking goat demon chasing after the last guy. that was just fucking dumb

Literally only the first and last segment are passable, and even they aren't that good. All the segments in between were complete shit.

VHS2 had NO good segments.

Blair Witch Project is the only good found footage horror film, and it's likely to stay that way.

>Lake Mungo
>horror
lolno

The Glitchman reminded me of YellowBrickRoad for somw reason

TROLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

this is the correct answer

Creep 2 when

Only really bad one was the Glitch desu. It was literally just Friday the 13th knockoff killer #62115 copied and pasted with some weak effects.

>there are people who think the blair witch project still holds up

I liked the second one more honestly

LOL here is your (you)

They're filming it right now.