Can we agree that Black Gate Speech > Ride of the Rohirrim Speech?

Can we agree that Black Gate Speech > Ride of the Rohirrim Speech?

>Let the lard af tha black land cam farth
What did he mean by this?

I never understood why they attacked the gate instead of holding the Minas Tirith. It's tactical suicide and it's only strategic purpose is to give Frodo more time and draw troops out of Mordor, but surely they are less costly ways of accomplish that than a frontal assault on a fortified position with an outnumbered and demoralized army. IMO it makes Aragon look like a bad general.

It would be if Viggo Mortensen's voice wasn't so fucking weird when he shouts

Yes

Rohirrim charge > black gate charge though

T. Dumbass

Sauron needed something surprising to focus his full attention from frodo. Killing the last army of men would have essentially given him dominion over muddle earth. After that point it would only be a matter of time before the ring wraiths found the ring. Aragorn realized this and made a desperate play to buy frodo time and it was the only one that would draw the orc armies, the ring wraiths, AND the eye away from the plains

you answered you rown question

they had to draw out as many troops as possible, they had to give frodo the clearest path possible. if they held back farther, some orcs would have stayed behind and possible discovered the ring

by meeting at the gate they force the army to completely defend

Middle*

why did they need help destroying the ring wraiths? the eagles wrecked their shit

They are attacking a 100+ foot wall and they didn't even bring ladders let alone siege engines. Three orcs could have held them off for days. Thank god the gate captain was stupid enough to order a counterchanrge.

they really should re-edit that. it completely ruins the scene every single time i watch it because it's so fucking ridiculous

the initial charge at pelennor fields was brilliant and completely broke their flanks

charging the mumakhil with horses was utter stupidity. they didnt they utilize the superior mobility of the horses and take them out with arrows before 75% of the army died?

Theoden > Aragorn

>DEEEEAAATH

Theoden > Elessar

Everything happens for a reason faggot

Maybe not IRL but the whole point of LOTR is that everyone has a role to play even if it seems small

Ride of the Rohirrim is far superior

Viggo is still the fucking man though

>Guillermo Del Toro will never direct a silmarillion movie

Fuck

Yeah, because it wasn't improved. Ride of the Rohirrim speech is still amazing because it feels like the spur of the moment speech that most pre-battle pep talks are though.

Sauron emptying Mordor was a pretty stupid idea. I wonder what melkor would say to him.

I think the Black Gate just felt kinda rushed and shit in general. I understand the need to keep it brief since Pelennor was long and exhausting, but it still felt like shit. Aragorn vs. some troll especially. It could've done away with all the cartoony action at that point and focused entirely on the horror of marching into hell. Even if it just looked more like Helm's Deep with the rain and darkness it would've been better.

>much darker imagery, visually distinct from Pelennor
>The land near the Black Gate depicted as in the books, like a putrid, puss-filled wound
>Aragorn and Eomer standing side by side, the sunlight almost completely snuffed out
>some creepy looking Black Numenoreans revealed or something
>Eagle feathers and Fellbeasts falling from above as the men shit their pants before Aragorn rallies them

I'm just talking out my ass here, but I've rewatched with different people and you can tell everyone is bored immediately after Aragorn's speech.

>Ere the sun rises!
>The sun has already risen
>The movies got rid of the constant twilight
Yes OP you're right