Why is it doing so bad in theaters?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NwYetGwk8a4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>horror movie in theaters

enjoy your time being in close-quarters with teenage millenials and niggers

>terrible movie

why is doing bad jeez not sure man

I had to sit next to two black girls who wouldn't shut the fuck up during Don't Breath.

Because it's bad. The original was not good either. It just had creative marketing and was filmed in a clever way.

I'm not sure why someone thought it was a good idea to remake a movie that is remembered mainly for its marketing campaign.

Ya hit the nail on the head.

Should have told them to stop breathing for five minutes xD

Don't bring black people with you to a haunted forest.

A lot of the criticisms I have heard levelled against this movie have either been really minor criticisms (RLM seeing not developing the Romance between the guy and girl as a weakness and having the tent fly up in the air are all pretty moot points imo) or just criticisms at the weaknesses of the found-footage sub-genre in general (Its a sub-genre which is mainly found in Horror and I think restricts certain modes of story telling and character development.) which is a genre which is difficult to make a good film in and is exhausted with Paranormal activity sequels. I actually thought it was a decent movie as far as found footage films go, and I think that it was better the original in many respects.

Because it's shit and because people who remember Blair Witch and would actually give a fuck about it are too old for cinema.

The name wasn't as strong as they thought it was and it wasn't received that well. The box office gross didn't even cover the marketing. Truly, they got what they deserved.

Not true at all. It was most remember for the nostril footage of Heather. It was a decent flick.

As for this movie:

>remake no one wanted
>released in September
>kids don't go into the woods anymore
>inundated genre
>it's bad

blatant self shill but I made a review of this on my new youtube channel dedicated to horror movie reviews

youtube.com/watch?v=NwYetGwk8a4

but yea, I thought it was a pretty good movie, not as good as the other Wingard/Barrett collaborations but for somebody who's always been a bit meh on the original I thought this was a good time. Maybe they should've opened it around Halloween?

So part of it's underperformance is that Don't Breathe is still doing pretty good right?

same, people are being way too hard on it and a lot of the criticism is that the movie is different style of horror than the original. it's like people complaining that Aliens is an action movie instead of the slow horror movie like Alien.

BW isn't even underperforming that hard, it doubled it's production budget on opening weekend.

I really agree with that guy's review. Thanks for posting.

thx for watching mate. it's still a bit rough around the edges but I hope I get better when I do more videos (next up I'm doing I Am Not A Serial Killer and probably the new Johnnie To)

Yeah not a problem, I will keep an eye out for future videos. From what I can recall there were only a few things that stood out. One was the time between sentences jumped a bit quickly so that they overlapped a little bit and the pronunciation of some words but that may just be the thick accent.

Or maybe they shouldn't have made a sequel to BW.

The should've just named it the Woods or some shit.

I think it's good that it was eventually made because now there is a faithful sequel sequel to the original Blair Witch and fans of the lore have a companion piece to it. Book of Shadows felt like it was made by somebody who hates the first movie.

I like the way the new one expands on the mythology, in retrospect it makes the first movie more interesting for me

This.

If they really wanted to make a BW sequel then they should have filmed it improve guerilla style like the original, with no CG.

Showing the witch might have been okay if they hadn't just done the tired ass lanky longmouth ghost meme

Oh, bullshit. Fans of the original didn't care for this one or the "expansion" of the lore that the witch is a freaky drider ripoff.

You said yourself that it's for people who didn't care much for the original.

Found the pleb

>Book of Shadows felt like it was made by somebody who hates the first movie.
>implying the studio isn't 100% to blame for forcing reshoots and recuts of the movie until it turned into the shit we have now

>being too hard on it
>studio loses money because people don't go to see it because people were too hard on it
>fans bitch about why the world won't see it
>pigeon hole an audience where you're probably going to be in a theater with googles not shutting the fuck up during whispering scenes
>still trying to defend why the movie bombed
>not from pol, read it on ebaumsworld.com

no matter who'd put Book of Shadows together it would still suck, Orson Welles could edit it and it would be awful. The ideas behind it might not be completely awful but it's still pretty typical post Scream stuff, personally meta horror always just kind of annoys me. Even aside the studio meddling the acting and the visuals in the movie are just really bland. I doubt the director's cut is much better.

Shit dude. I'm in France and the same shit is happening. Fucking niggers laughing and screaming at every fucking picture.
It's been like that for only 1 or 2 years but it's fucking terrible. Half of our theaters won't even program horror movies because of this. I had to go to the next town to watch The VVitch.
It's hell.

I would say that this is a sequel that is only a sequel insofar as it enables the Wingard & Barrett a chance to do a soft-reboot/remake of the original. I think that this sort of thing is done by a lot of directors who return to their original works later in their careers to do a revision of what it was they were trying to capture the first time when they have more experience and a bigger budget, Mad Max: Fury Road would be a good example of this. I think BW is very similar in this regard. They made the Witch more prominent in the film and made a good use of special effects and I like how they didn't over do homage to the first one by dwelling on the rock piles and stick figures too long where you are unsure of what it is exactly that is stalking them and rather progressed quite quickly into the horror element of it, that there was something supernatural out there that controlled time and it controlled the elements and I think that was a pretty good element to it because I was expecting it to be more like the original.

I thought your country was more progressive than this? You can't be tolerant? It's the (((current year)))

Has the script ever surfaced? Always wanted to read that one.

The horror element of it was the problem. In the original it was never quite clear if the witch did the killing or enchanted others to do it and driving them nuts.

This is your typical slasher/ghosty flick. It's more reminiscent of Marble Hornets than Blair Witch.

That is true, I was trying to figure out what was going on in the movie with regards to that because I could not tell if the witch was an invisible demonic force that existed in the woods (hence the almost god-like power over time and space.) and possessed people to do the murders, something which the local guy said at the beginning of the film about the serial killer who murdered children in the attic. I think it was basically that but the witch had a physical form and I can only assume that she killed people and then somehow edited and deposited the footage that her victims filmed at a later stage. Overall I didn't mind it too much, I couldn't really expect a film like this not to have too many cliches. What would've you preferred? Where you the poster who wanted it to be more in-line with the original?

I'm of the opinion that it should've been closer in with the original and never showed much of anything. If they wanted the witch to be seen, it should've been at the end. It shouldn't have been a self-aware sequel or reboot.

Agreed 100%

Yeah I agree, I think it could've done really well without the witch as showing it did demystify it a bit, though overall not too bothered by it.

Yeah, even when watching I was thinking why the fuck would you actually show it, takes out the "fear of the unknown" factor. The only defense is that if they didn't, it would've been
>why didnt they just use the camera as a proxy to look at it

Yeah but compared to the first one which made a gorillion dorra this one is doing pretty shit. They spent $20 million on marketing which they haven't even made back yet