Howd they pull off a decent live action anime movie?

Howd they pull off a decent live action anime movie?

By not casting the main character as Caucasian

This movie sucked and I loved the cartoon

There's no decent anime movie in human history.

How'd that work out for the Death Note and Attack on Titan movies?

But the MC is obviously Asian, so why would they do that? If it was an FMA movie then that would make sense, but this takes place in Japan. Obviously everyone would be Japanese.

The anime was ass compared to the manga, so much filler it wasn't even funny

I liked the second movie of this "trilogy"

2>3>1

It was a decent trilogy tbvh.

Because kenshin has a great story when you get rid of all the crazy stuff and one upsmanship.

except many anime have caucasian main characters

Edward Elric is clearly causasian , along with a lot of the other characters in FMA

&Motoko looks more like ScarJo than Rinko Kicuchi

get off the cry-whitewashing bandwagon guys

Because it was more grounded to reality than giant monsters and death incarnate.

Its like Matrix before Neo became a DBZ character.

The race in death note wasn't the issue, it was the shitty acting. And Light was the only one that was cast badly.

AoT isn't set in Japan so that casting was just odd

>Edward Elric is clearly causasian , along with a lot of the other characters in FMA
That show specifically takes place in fantasy Germany.

They didn't

You just lack taste and understanding of film

>AoT isn't set in Japan so that casting was just odd
It was a "Japanese version" that takes place in Japan instead of Germany. Did you not notice the modern buildings and automatic weapons?

Kenshin should be played by Idris Elba, the rest of the cast are authentic Asians, except for the girls who must be white. Also replace the katana with a handgun.

Well yeah. That's why it was odd.

tell that to the dumb public and the people who cast the movie

They kept it more grounded than the anime and avoided many of the tropes. On top of that they had solid acting and casting in addition to stellar choreography. The first Kenshin movie is a solid 8/10+ for me.

Were the sequels any good?

The 3rd movie was fucking garbage