What does Cred Forums think of this movie?

What does Cred Forums think of this movie?

>14 year old me
Ghost World is a great film.
>24 year old me
Ghost World is literally tumblr the movie.

I'm glad I've matured.

>an unforgettable comedy
yeah people always talk about this movie in the current year. kek.

This movie pays lip service to normalizing relationships with teens like Adam Sandler et al. did with normalizing faggots.

I see no reason no to promote a movie that furthers society's degeneration.

I'm going to wait for Ghost in the Shell before I judge this. I want to see how they make Scarlett Johansson's character mature.

pure kino.

but i'm probably biased because i'm literally steve buscemi on this movie

I liked it. Thora Birch was T H I C C

>good acting
>good character development
>unique and entertaining premise
>had a few laughs
>Steve Buscemi is god

All in all a highly watchable movie.

Would have been better with a lesbian love angle

No it wouldn't. I was expecting a lesbian love angle and was pleasantly surprised when that didn't happen.

It's funny how Thora was such hot shit at the time and they predicted a great career for her, after this and American Beauty. But both Mena (although she too has fallen off the radar) and Scarlet had greater careers.

They filmed parts of it in my hometown of San Pedro, CA. I thought it was an ok movie. Nothing about it really stands out in my mind other than scarjos bigass titties.

You turned into a meme loving jackass who can't see the forest for the trees congratulations

If Steve Buscemi wasn't in it, it would've been crap. Solid 7/10 though

Enjoyable quirkycore

With the obvious attempt by the film maker trying to give the movie that indie feel and with the feminist undertones, lesbianism would have been the obvious route. Glad it didn't go that way.

>mfw they were BOTH jews

>What does Cred Forums think of this movie?
i wish i could have a threesome with the two girls in the movie

I don't get how people think she killed herself at the end. To me, the bus represented entering another stage in life. For the old man, it was"death" and for Enid it was "adulthood" via pregnancy. Earlier in the movie whenever Enid is faced with a decision where she could be an adult, there is like a pregnant woman in the background or she mimics symptoms of pregnancy just to name a few. Meaning, to me at least, that the only way she becomes an adult is through pregnancy/motherhood, while her friend became an "adult" through a job. Finally, she sleeps with Seymour and blam, she gets knocked up.

Relationships with teens was the normal thing for thousands of years before feminism came along

this is what made me watch it as a kid
though i did fall for scarjo

Yeah, as they should be. A 16yo is a woman already. No need to """protect""" her.

But it's interesting to think if a normalization campaing like the one for homosexuals could be implementend for this.

First they portray them as comic relief ...
Then they humanize them ...
Then they include in non-chalantly.

I can only think of one series with pedos portrayed in a funny way.

The Inbetweeners season 2. The teacher.

She's 18. She's legal.

The actress or the character ?

found the pedo

wtf i love jews now

The character. Enid was 18 at the beginning of the movie.

Both.

Hmmmm. I could have sworn I read people bitchin about how that movie was "inapropriate".

>but i'm probably biased because i'm literally steve buscemi on this movie

So you're a jazz hipster that gets high school girls hooked on junk so they commit suicide?

Protip: the bus is a metaphor

The comic book was enormously better.

It's one of my favorite comics. It's the best comic book adaptations. It's one of my favorite movies.