What is consensus about Enterprise? Is it worth watching...

What is consensus about Enterprise? Is it worth watching? Is there some guide with a list of good episodes (similar the one for Deep Space)?

If T'Pol is not on screen, there's nothing worth watching.

That's the best description of the show that I can give you

it's very, very, very not good. it's not even offensive enough to be bad, it's just a mediocre waste of time that you can sort of power through, but there's no pressing need to.

Just watch the episodes featuring pon farr.

Just forget the show altogether and fap to that picture. God she's pretty.

Just watch the ending and then decide haha haha.

>voyager had a borgs and it was good so we put a borgs in the new star track show, people like borgs. also they have to rub each other with goo for some reason. the second in command lady is a vulcun so we can talk about the breeding season if we have to.

Season three is in the top five seasons of Star Trek ever made.

spoiler alert: riker doesn't fit into his old uniform

Season 3 is pretty damn good.

Just watch the last episode of Season 2 which sets it up(I think, perhaps it was even set up in S3E1), and go to the end of the season.

Then you can stop watching.

All Star Treks are worth watching. It's not a fad, it's not a trend, it's not the NEW something or other like GoT or Mr. Robot or True Detectives that will be forgotten in 10 years.

Except for Star Trek 1st movie.

Except for that, Star Trek is probably one of the most important shows that's ever come into existantes as well as one of the BIGGEST sci-fi shows of all time, with no sign of ever going away.

But yeah, or just jerk off to Danri titties whatever.

Reminder: He did literally nothing wrong.

Prove me wrong.

her fake tits were distracting

You know we wanted to know about Vulcan women Pon'Kor because they talked about 3 other guys never a girls.

>What is consensus about Enterprise? Is it worth watching?
It's terrible and killed the franchise.

>If T'Pol is not on screen, there's nothing worth watching
No, her character is intensely annoying.

Everything involving the Human, Andorian and Vulcan relations was good. Not much else was.

He was not a villain. That meme does not apply.

Daily reminder that Enterprise was the very best Star Trek series ever produced.

It was Star Trek done right.

No faggots.
No feminism
No PC
Less technobabble
More realism
More character
Interesting aliens
Solid storytelling

Trektards hate it because it isn't gay enough.

>at war with the vulcans, allied race to the humans.
>steals the weapon, putting all of earth at risk
>lied non-stop

MACOs going Seal Team Six on Alien Pirates to the point that you realize that any situation could be handled by sending them breaks the show was pretty good.

B R U T A L

No trektards loved it. It's normies that hate it, because it was BORING.

>It's terrible and killed the franchise.

t. trektards.

They have no valid reason to hate it beyond the fact that they refuse to admit that their collective butthurt babywhining for more gayness was a big part of what got Enterprise canceled, and irreparably damaged the entire franchise.

Another sad victim of garbage trek addiction.

You were fed garbage trek for so very long, that when you were finally served a bit of Enterprise, which is actually the Prime Rib of Star Trek, your acquired taste for garbage forced you to spit it out as if it were poison.

How very unfortunate for you.

Enterprise is well worth watching especially the xindi space episodes. T'Pol quitting vulcan command and joining earth force, T'Pol getting addicted and T'Pol romancing with Tucker.

Hmmm T'Pol seems to be the heart of the the whole Enterprise series :D.

It's good. It takes some time to start being good though, and it got cancelled before it could reach its full potential sadly.

Enterprise was the only Trek series that was good from the very beginning.

Seasons 1-3 were the best. Season 4 was when the quality started to fade. Most all of the stinkers are in season 4.

Some season 1 episodes aren't really that good, the actors still hadn't gotten their characters right, the writers were still trying to set the tone, etc. It's perfectly normal fro a show to start slow and it was the case here.

You seem to think that tv shows are made on the fly. You have heard of advance planning and story development? Studios don't just start a new series and then tell the writers, "Ok, now hurry up and write something!"

That's ridiculous.

Of course not, but you don't get 10 years to develop a show, pre-production is not that much of a process and a lot of it is focused on set-building, auditions, etc.
So of course there will be a first period during whic hthe writers are still trying to see what works, what the audience responds well to, etc. Especially in the case of Star Trek that always uses a large number of writers.

>implying this fan fic bs is actual star trek

I must say the first time i saw T'Pol it was like wow, can women really be that hot?

It's mediocre.

Hoshi is better, people who like t'pol are the same trash who like swimsuit issues and 90s playboys.

We will never see Archer trying to wrangle Shran and the Vulkan Ambassador into the Coalition and later United Federation of Planets.

We will never see Malcolm and Trip wrecking shit up with a tractor beam once they finally get their hands on one, slingshotting shuttlepods full of antimatter at Romulans.

We will never see Archer debating with the Starfleet brass on whether or not to give their newly salvaged energy shielding technology to the Vulcans.

We will never see T'Pol EARTHED by Trips uncut human dick in front of her Vulcan husband

>You seem to think that tv shows are made on the fly.

They're written a lot more on the fly than you'd think. In a lot of ways, they can't - you can't get too far ahead in planning, because things change. They might have long-term ideas, but they're really very amorphous, and how things ultimately go depends on a lot more than just writer's intentions - cast chemistry and audience reception dictate a lot. I mean, when the writers of Arrow ended the season 4 premiere with a flash-forward to a late-season scene at a graveside, they hadn't decided who the character in the grave was yet.

Hoshi is better, people who like t'pol are the same trash who like swimsuit issues and 90s playboys.

I agree hoshi is way cuter but what specifically about T'Pol screams swimsuit issues and 90s playboy. I never bothered with either of those things in the 90s.

Soval was pretty bro in the second half.

For a Vulcan.

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

Hoshness.

Hoshiness

We almost got a series that was going to be a sequel series to Voyager that would have premiered during Voyagers last season. Instead we got enterprise which killed star trek......

Because you need consensus to watch something.

The delusion from which you're suffering is an after effect of a prolonged exposure to garbage trek.

Very unfortunate, but I've heard that in some cases it is curable.

Here's your list, user

GET OUT OF HERE WITH A LESS LIKEABLE CHARACTER, YOU KNOW HE"S A GOD DAMN ALIEN VERSION OF A BETTER DOCTOR

T'Pol is creepy looking, and definitely not the best thing about the show. She freaks out all the time and is the most emotional despite being vulcan.

Reminder that the new series protagonist will be a nigress and crew will be full of fags, dykes and traps.

Cant fucking wait

>the second in command lady is a vulcun so we can talk about the breeding season if we have to.
i kek'd hard at this, thanks user

Fuck you, the Motion Picture is awesome. It's amongst the best Trek there is.

I'm way more emotional when I watch her.

it is not

Jesus, calm down there user. Star Trek is very general, common-sense morality stuff. It's a decent soft sci-fi that postures as hard sci-fi. Personally I don't care for the goofy naval-style fighting action. All the ships move like fucking boats. It's a bit silly in space where there's no wind and you have to provide your own impulse. Doubly so if you are wasting energy on impulse you could put into a shielding system.

The bounty right? Where her and Phlox are locked away together. Is there another one?

>Is it worth watching?

Yes, it's good. Only ones saying it "killed the franchise" is manchildren that just wants TNG 2.0, i.e they cant enjoy something new and fresh.

>yfw they went with a prequel because it's the only period in the Star Trek timeline where they could put trans and lesbians in, because the Federation cured them all by the later Trek series

Biggest bro in all of trek?

What's with all the contrarians here on Cred Forums praising enterprise and deep space 9?

>What's with all the contrarians here on Cred Forums

yhea it was ok

They should've made it less episodic and forced Archer to make more hard choices

Overall it would've been better if the characters were more flawed. As it were they felt really out of style, like they we're taken from a 60's series.

Fortunately J.J. Abrams understands this

watch the pilot and season 3

patrician opinion

the rest can safely be skipped

ENT is bad, but no worse than Voyager, especially Voyager's later episodes. Trekfags just struggle to overcome the trauma that was their pet show being cancelled

PS DS9 is the best Trek series.

First two seasons are meh tier, but it's legitimately pretty good in seasons 3 and 4. Better than Voyager at least.

T'pol's aesthetics are literally the only good thing about it.

Just look up pictures and rewatch TNG/TOS or something.

>implying this wasn't best episode of enterprise
>implying malcom and trip bromance wasn't GOAT
>implying malcolm wasn't severely underestimated and under utilised with his blow shit up attitude

It's worth watching if you are a fan of Star Trek already.

A lot of episodes are pretty well written and the soundtrack is great.

This dynamic was just a weaker version of the O'Brien/Bashir relationship.

Though I did like Malcolm and he should have had a bit more focus.

There are no hard sci-fi tv shows tbf. It's much more difficult to do in television than in novels.

Probably because there is no profit to be made from hard sci-fi. Those who would watch it don't generally watch tv, they would probably just pirate it.

The balance has shifted. You're now a contrarian if you don't like DS9.

>Be Malcom
>Just want to explode shit
>Sent out of port with piddly torpedoes that just bounce off everything
>Captain finally decides to actually mount some proper weapons
>My time is now
>Jury rig a phase cannon with your bro from engineering
>"Just shave some off the top, Malcom"
>Inside you is burning fury of a thousand cuckings at the hand of every chucklefuck alien you've met
>Not today
>Disintegrate the whole mountain with your mighty photon dick
>Your thundering erection hammering the underside of the console causes the entire bridge to shake violently
>"S-sorry, sir" you manage to mutter embarrassed, like a teenage boy asked to stand up to answer a question in class while sporting a throbbing stiffy
>See T'Pol raise an eyebrow at you
>Wonder if her Vulcan senses have detected that all the blood in your body is currently residing in your painfully turgid cock as you attempt to reroute power away from the fused relays.
>You hope she knows

Trek threads used to be so good until the contrarian faglords latched onto Enterprise

That shit fucked up the Star Wars threads, too

Won't be long until Tolkein threads are filled with people talking about how the Hobbit films are masterpieces and how Tolkein's son was a better writer than him or some shit

Yeah, posting "tell me about your sexual organs" and "Dukat did nothing wrong" and whining about DS9 and reposting 90% of everything that was posted the last trek thread does not get old after a couple of years.

>Trek threads used to be so good until the contrarian faglords latched onto Enterprise
It's just one poster making the rest of us look bad. The rest of us are insisting that Enterprise "isn't all that bad" or "deserves a little more credit" or "is better than Voyager at least". But there's just one poster going OMG BEST TREK EVER, ALL OTHER TREKS SUCK. Please don't conflate them with the rest of us.

More Malcom stories.

I'd prefer that rather than reading people shitpost about how this shit they're eating is wonderful

We have steak and tea and fried chicken over here, but you want to talk about the asparagus and raccoon shit that is Voyager and Enterprise

>DS9
>fried chicken
It's clearly the jambalaya of Star Trek.

What is new Trek?

Fat American burgers?

>I'd prefer that rather than reading people shitpost about how this shit they're eating is wonderful

Noone is even doing that. It's just that enterprise is never discussed in other trek threads and have not been discussed over and over again like TNG and TOS.

Noone is praising the series, it's just a nice change to talk about an underrated and overlooked series that got cancelled to early.

Hoshilicious

>Noone is praising the series,
The copypasta poster.

>One guy is all of Cred Forums

How autistic are you?

I didn't claim that "all of Cred Forums' is praising it.

But you did claim that "no one" is praising it.

Your verdict is guilty. How do you plead?

>Your verdict is guilty. How do you plead?

Are you 12 years old or something? Did one pasta fag trigger you so much?

Why are you being so defensive? You fucked up, you wrote "no one" even though that's clearly not true. So what? Everybody makes mistakes, and you're anonymous so you'll never be held accountable for it. Move on with your life already.

Hoshiliciousness

>Noone is praising the series, it's just a nice change to talk about an underrated and overlooked series that got cancelled to early
It had maybe four good episodes out of more than original Trek got

It is rated at exactly what it should be

Will Cred Forums ever forgive Rick Berman?

He's not wrong

Man, I really gotta get this show on blu ray one of these days.

Put your nametag back on so I can filter you.

You first.

>it's "hack uses his myopic knowledge of a particular episode to campaign against Trump" episode

Considering where Berman took the series, it's not like he understands it well either.

He was better at being a faggot than he was at being a doctor.

1/10

That wasn't bait.

It was True10/10

Threads on Cred Forums have been praising ds9 for years now. It's like listening to an all ds9 radio station. All ds9, all the time. ENT, TNG, VOY, and TOS not so much though. Just the vague reference of each of the shows here, and there.

>TNG [...] TOS not so much
Lol?

It varies from thread to thread.

To be fair, DS9 has always had a dis-proportionally vocal fandom versus how many people actually watched it, it's not a Cred Forums or Cred Forums thing.

Nowhere near as many people watched it as TNG, but it's generally beloved by those that did.

As opposed to Voyager and Enterprise, which we watched because nothing else was on. Or because we were young and didn't know any better.

>tfw Voyager was unironically my favorite back in elementary school because "it has the best special effects, and the Borg are sooo coooool!"

>technology wasn't as advanced so you gotta get naked and oiled up after each away mission

Fan fiction tier

> it's not a Cred Forums or Cred Forums thing.
Agreed. It wasn't always Cred Forumss go to trek show. That was before the cancer took over of course.

>it's generally beloved by those that did.
That's debatable. You talk about it as if it was a timeless Walt Disney classic.

And you talk about it as if DS9 fans are your enemy.

Phlox was still the 3rd best doctor of startrek.

#blacktrekmatters

>That's debatable.
Nah, people who see it generally like it.

Unless you mean people like the Fakes poster, who saw _one_ episode and decided to spend the rest of their life shitposting about it.

>That's debatable. You talk about it as if it was a timeless Walt Disney classic.

In a lot of circles, that's not far off how people talk about it.

I've said to people in the past (online and offline) that I'm not that big a fan of it, and how I think it kinda gets dumb from the season where they change it into a space war show, I get reactions like I'm the crazy person.

For sure, he BTFO crusher, Bones schtick gets old, but he dont beat EMH or Bashir.

Do you think that the show itself is dumb, or that it just goes in a direction that doesn't appeal to you personally?

They're not. It just becomes repetitive, and tedious after a few month (years) to walk into each daily trek thread to find nothing, but images of ds9, and it's characters. Month after month, year after year. Finding a non ds9 related image in a /trek/ thread is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. If ds9 was just slightly more talked about than other trek shows I'd be fine with it, but when you can't find a single Ent, Voy, image or even somtimes a single Tng, Tos image within the whole thread you just wonder why they don't just retitle it form /trek/ to /ds9/ already, and be done with it.

>EMH or Bashir

You're a gay man, aren't you?

who says Im a man?

A little of column A, a little of column B

I think the way it handled it's new direction was pretty weakly done, I think trying to do a serial story in an episodic format didn't work too well. One of those things where if I just watched an episode in isolation I'd likely enjoy it, but the big picture flopped for me.

Direction wise I think it was a waste to walk away from the concept of Star Trek except based on a frontier galactic hub instead of a ship. Not to mention them not even bothering to resolve the original plot of Bajor joining the Federation.

>They're not.
But you call DS9 fans cancer.

>why they don't just retitle it form /trek/ to /ds9/
You're in a non-DS9 thread (mostly Enterprise) RIGHT NOW.

The last main /trek/ thread was non-DS9 (mostly TNG) too ().

Honestly, it looks like you're losing your grip on reality.

Well, I knew it was either that or a fag hag.

So which is it?

>You're in a non-DS9 thread (mostly Enterprise) RIGHT NOW.

So why are you here spreading nt9 cancer?

Why don't you go make your own thread?

There you go again, treating people like your enemy.

We can share threads. All Star Treks are welcome in /trek/ threads.

I don't read every day but if you asked me I'd say the majority of threads I see are about TNG, not DS9

>you call DS9 fans cancer
What would you call a never ending river of ds9 O'Brien images.

>You're in a non-DS9 thread (mostly Enterprise) RIGHT NOW.
First ones in a Very VERY long time.

>All Star Treks are welcome in /trek/ threads
I don't know. If you like the TNG movies, you should probably kys.

I liked Generations.

>What would you call a never ending river of ds9 O'Brien images.
Fun.

Why are O'Brien fans your enemy? Why does someone become your enemy just because they like things that you don't?

>First ones in a Very VERY long time.
I'm looking through the archive right now, here are all results for Ctrl+F "trek":
The vast majority of them are NOT dedicated to DS9. Even Voyager and Enterprise get more representation.

You really are losing your grip on reality. Is your life really that empty if you don't have an enemy to latch on to and attack?

Why?

I always LOL when the most offensive people in the world claim to be offended.

I'm sad, to be honest. I was hoping to have a rational discussion with you, but I see that you don't feel like being rational today.

Now go ahead, call me cancer again because I don't share the same tastes in television as you.

Generations and Insurrection actually feel like the TV show, even if they are dumb as hell.

Reminder that ALL Star Trek shows are equally good, and ALL of them are equally bad.
It's just Voyager that has more bad than good.

Am I seriously the only person who liked the pic related part of Enterprise?

It was cool seeing the battlestars show up, but where are the cylons?

I used to have that same thought as that being the only redeemable feature. Actually, I wouldn't really say that at all. It would be easily one of the worst plots on show, clearly reliant on action schlock, clearly missing the point that it was a science fiction show. I can't think of any show from the tv show that would stray this far. It's only like the tv show by taking place on the Enterprise, giving the movie really bizarre lighting, which can be a plus or a minus. This doesn't a good movie make, or decent, or okay, or even tolerable.

It made me wonder how they divided the powers once the Federation gets founded. Considering Starfleet is basically all Earth vessels and staff, do the Vulcan and Andorian ships just patrol their own systems?

This was a pretty good one, tho.

Generations was pretty kino in the cinematography department, I loved the Enterprise-D lighting, and the location filming was better than most of the movies.

>Fun
For you perhaps

>I'm looking through the archive right now
The hell you say. Well there's a big surprise. I think I'm gonna have a heart attack, and die from that surprise.

>You really are losing your grip
I wouldn't be so quick to point fingers at others if I had such a strong archives fetish as you seem to have.
You grip onto those old links like a dying man to a glass of water.

Besides most "non-ds9 threads " eventually derail into a ds9 thread if left unchecked. Just because theirs an images of Janeway in the op doesn't mean its a voyager thread. Not when 70% of that thread is filled to the brim with ds9 conversation.

>Considering Starfleet is basically all Earth vessels and staff,
It only looks that way because the writers choose to focus on the mostly-human ships. Both TOS and DS9 had Starfleet ships with Vulcan crews.

it could have been good if the series even tried having consistent space battles. Literally every battle in the series serves the purpose it needs in the plot on a thematic level. Everything from the ship's maneuverability to crew reaction times is what the plot calls for with no attempt at a consistent portrayal of a vessel's abilities. TNG was by far the worst for this though, everything from literally 120 year old Klingon Briel birds of prey disabling it in under 4 seconds with regular weapons fire to have shields so powerful it can hold out against the Borg for minutes at a time.

Seriously fuck these guys. Fuck their story and characters. If I can't forget that they have magic plot armour and plot resolving magic powers I cannot enjoy the show.

True Fact: Doug Drexler, the 3d model designer for Enterprise worked on BSG after it was cancelled. He designed both models.

>theirs an images
meant to say *there's an image.

Starts off with promise, then the plot sort of flops.

Some of the aesthetic choices/retro concept stuff is neat (ie even subtler stuff - like having the crew have to push a button to enter a door) to demonstrate its an older ship with older tech.

Worth watching as background noise while one makes dinner.

I think conceptually it's the highest aiming of the TNG movies - it's basically about a man who will go to any lengths to return to a heaven he was ripped from, confronted by two men whose sense of duty compels them to willingly forgo heaven for the sake of others.

I think it was a pretty good first outing for the TNG on a bigger scale, it mostly achieves a similar "dealing with growing older" tale as the TOS movies, it's farewell for original cast members while unnecessary (ST6 said everything that needed saying) did not do them a disservice, Malcolm McDowell's a strong presence, and the Enterprise-D looked cool with it's new moody lighting. Good new uniforms too.

Really, as far as things I didn't like go, I'm not to big on killing Picard's family to motivate him, and the times where they drop to stock footage from the tv series or the Bird of Prey from ST6 exploding just pull me out of the movie every time. Weirdly cheap moments when so many other parts looked fine or better than the series.

>If I can't forget that they have magic plot armour and plot resolving magic powers I cannot enjoy the show.

This. Trek became so Formulaic and didn't even try to subvert it's own tropes very often.

>Generations was pretty kino in the cinematography department,
I have to disagree. While it's unique, it's unique in the sense of being so overdone and unusual. That's one of the reasons they trashed the Enterprise in Generations, because of how bad it looked in shots. Everything in the movie looks like it has this unnatural sharpness. You can think it looks good, but I think it looks bad because of how unusually incompetent this is. Also, nobody watched Star Trek for the cinematography, so it's like complimenting an experimental film on its plot.

>I can't forget that they have magic plot armour

I think I died a little on the inside the first time an Enterprise episode did the same old schlock "SHIELDS ARE DOWN TO [whatever] PERCENT!!" drama with a ship that only has physical armor.

Not that poster but I could not get over the fact that they utilized Picard and Kirk's time on screen together to go for a leisurely ride. I know it was established that it was something Picard already liked and it fit the theme of the Nexus giving him what he wants but FFS this is what they did with it.

It would have literally been better for it to end with a climactic battle against the Klingons and the return of Kirk in some lynch pin role seemingly from the dead giving Koloth a seizure and turning the tide dramatically. Considering Klingons believe in magic they could have used that as a plot point and have Shatner ham up how much he is revered.

That's one of the great things about Enterprise.

There was a greater degree of realism and believability to the plots, without all of the "hocus-pocus", or even downright hokeyness that plagued all of the other Trek incarnations, including TOS. There was also far less techno-babble than TNG & Voyager, the characters actually developed, and the reset button was practically non-existent.

That meant that solutions to their problems were more practical, that they weren't traveling in a practically invincible ship with magical abilities. Whenever Archer's ship was damaged, it stayed that way until it could be repaired.

What's wrong with looking in the archive?

You claimed that you can't find any non-DS9 threads. You even claimed that you can't find any non-DS9 _images_. After seeing that you were wrong, what are you still arguing for?

If your line if thinking is "If X, Then Y"
>X == All threads are about DS9
>Y == DS9 fans are cancer
then shouldn't you reconsider Y after seeing X get invalidated?

Why are you still spending your days shitposting about a television series that you haven't even watched?

In Enterprise, they literally blow up all the spheres by bouncing the graviton particle beam off the main deflector dish. That's the way they do things, lad, they're making shit up as they wish.

An entire season's plot solved by the magic of technobabble.

hey weren't traveling in a practically invincible ship with magical abilities.

>Whenever Archer's ship was damaged, it stayed that way until it could be repaired.

This I liked and it's basically the only thing they learned from Voyager it seemed. The switch back from a wider crew focus to focusing primarily on the Archer-Trip-Tpol dynamic was a disservice to the series and actors. If they had tried hard enough they could have even made Travis and the Boomers a lot more prominent with a larger focus on Archer going to planets they trade with on Diplomatic missions and settling trade disputes.

>They weren't traveling in a practically invincible ship with magical abilities.

Sorry but "the physical armor is at 40%, it will fluxate based on how serious the situation is just like shields always have on trek."

You can usually tell exactly how a battle will go based on one of three rates they loose shield % across all the series. It's entirely determined by the dramatic needs of the episode.

>It would have literally been better for it to end with a climactic battle against the Klingons and the return of Kirk in some lynch pin role seemingly from the dead giving Koloth a seizure and turning the tide dramatically. Considering Klingons believe in magic they could have used that as a plot point and have Shatner ham up how much he is revered.
Literally poetry.

Until 2009, Kirk beat the Kobayashi Maru by programming the Klingons to respect him for being a legendary captain.

>I think conceptually it's the highest aiming of the TNG movies
No, that would be Nemesis.

>it's basically about a man who will go to any lengths to return to a heaven he was ripped from,
K. It's not like the guy even had the remotest characterization or anything, meaning this is a moot point.

> confronted by two men whose sense of duty compels them to willingly forgo heaven for the sake of others.
You mean bad guy vs two heroes? Please. I don't know how it could be more shallow. The concept was to milk the sets and brink Kirk in as a gimick, and kill him off as a gimick.

>I think it was a pretty good first outing for the TNG on a bigger scale,
No, that would apply much more to The Best of Both Worlds.

>it mostly achieves a similar "dealing with growing older" tale as the TOS movies
It really doesn't. You might think that because Picard cries over having his extended family die, (which is something he would never do in the series), but this only exists to give him a temptation to stay in the pleasure dimension, or whatever the hell it's called, but it didn't even succeed at that because Picard tries to leave immediately after he realizes he's in another dimension.

In regards to Kirk, the issue of his age or whether he was suited to go on a final adventure wasn't addressed. I think it was more like, Kirk: I'm retired, so I'm not available. Picard: Duty calls the fate of the world is on your shoulders. Kirk: Okay, now I want to do it. The theme would be Kirk being called to duty despite him living in paradise, like Picard, but even that gives this movie far too much credit. This movie isn't completely one-dimensional, but any attempt to try to find extra meaning gives it more depth than it actually has. Kirk being there and dying were pure gimmicks and you have have to be pretty naive to think otherwise. I guess it's good for nostalgia, but it would have helped if the movie wasn't a pointless mess.

>Why are you still spending your days shitposting about a television series that you haven't even watched?
>Implying I haven't watched it.
I could ask you why you enjoy shitposting about the things you shitpost about or why you do the things that you do, and I bet your reply would be "because it's fun". I don't hate ds9. I don't love it, but I don't hate it. It's that simple.

>Good new uniforms too.
It's not like they were consistently worn,

>Malcolm McDowell's a strong presence
He was close to Darth Maul levels of awful antagonist.

>so many other parts looked fine or better than the series.
This isn't really a commendation. This is a feature film, there's no excuse for everything looking so cheap or comparable to the tv series. This was 1994. It doesn't come close to what was the standard for special effects for the time. There was an unquestionable and immense upgrade from the OS to the original Star Trek films that simply wasn't here.

>Trek became so Formulaic
This was very early the case in the series, but it was almost always used to tell a unique story. These were just contrivances to allow for a certain story to happen in a context.

Since you've been claiming that DS9 fans are cancer, I really can't take your claim of moderate fence-sitting seriously.

Since you've been complaining about looking in the archive, you're probably the Fakes poster, who admitted to watching only one episode of DS9 and is still shitposting about the whole series years later.

Come on.

The writers have gone on record saying that the script for Generations turned out weaker than expected because their priority was getting All Good Things right.

And the writer for Insurrection spent so much time fighting the studio producers and executives that he ended up developing cancer and dying.

>Since you've been claiming that DS9 fans are cancer,
Never said ds9 fans are cancer. I said that repetitive, threads about one trek show can be tedious. I've also watched a good amount of ds9 so I don't know why you keep saying I haven't watched it yet.

The book he wrote about the making of Insurrection is a really good read.

You said that DS9 became well-liked when "cancer" took over. You asked what else other than "cancer" should be used to describe DS9/O'Brien fans. Don't split hairs, you've been saying that DS9 fans are cancer. Why pretend otherwise?

>I've also watched a good amount of ds9
One episode is not a good amount, Fakes.

I don't think a single Star Trek movie has ever been close to a standards bearer for special effects or general quality of it's appearance beyond The Motion Picture.

Everything from ST2 up until Nemesis was basically done on a shoestring budget.

Why?

>No, that would be Nemesis.
My man.

Nemesis is so incredibly underrated.

Because it goes behind the scenes and airs all the dirty laundry.

It's very interesting because it goes into a lot of detail about the whole process that you don't usually hear about, and since it was never officially released it was never sanitized of a lot of the dirty laundry it contains.

Whoa, whoa, I wasn't going that far. I'm saying it actually had a somewhat interesting concept, (that men's morals are determined from his environment, so someone as upright as Picard could become evil), There's significant backstory that establishes this, unlike the other firms. It doesn't go nearly far enough in exploring this them, it's arguably too dark for Star Trek, it's a completely unsatisfying theme, but at least some importance was placed on it, unlike Insurrection and First Contact which were shallow rehashes of the tv series and Generations which barely made any effort at all.

IT'S BEEN A LONG ROAD

Best ST intro by far

Really don't get the hate

It's elite as fuck, pity I will only probably get to live to that ship that is launched after the space station. I will die the year before warp is discovered.

I don't get it either, did people want another droning generic sweeping orchestral theme?

It was time to mix it up

I wish shran was my best friend

Wtf I hate Star Trek now

Not wanting another droning generic sweeping orchestral theme is not the same as wanting a generic easy rock song that sounds like calculated inoffensive workplace background noise.

>Insurrection actually feel like the TV show,
Yeah, like one of the worst episodes.

What's up with Ricks?!

>Computer, create 1000 self aware, naked, Keikos with enhanced Cardassian cocks capable of ejaculation.
>raise their libido by 300%, their Sadistic urges by 400%, and create an enhanced nagging subroutine within their programming.
>Also, send a message to Chief O'Brien saying that Molly has snuck into Holo Suite 2 again and he needs to come pick her up immediately.
>Once O'Brien is in the Holodeck, lock the doors, revoke the Chief's clearance codes, and keep the program running for approximately 48 hours.
>One last thing computer, disengage all safety protocols.

lol I love this meme

>computer, create a computer more advanced than you are

>Computer, create something that will make me happy.

GETTING FROM THERE TO HERE.

>Alamarain

Fucking. Worst. Episode. Ever.

Yeah I'm watching the first one where the andorians show up at the monastery bretty gud based shran

Yeah I liked that they had to do everything the hard way they couldn't rely on transporters as much and had to go through decompression for hours to get on a alien ship for example

>it's another Archer drinking iced tea scene

that time tripp shiat on a whole civilization for arranged marriages, spewing"we stopped those barvaric practices centuries ago!" ..There are no brown people in the 22nd century?

Shit writting is shit. Shit theme is a payoff to some producers wife. Fuck them. Dont even bother senpai.

What do "arranged marriages" have to do with "brown people" you dumb nigger?

But the best solution is still to back off and blow up the Maru's engine and let the resulting explosive wave from their cargo destroy all three Klingon vessels.

Quite illogical. The best solutions will always minimize the number of lives lost.

fuck are you stupid.

Exactly. Saving your own crew is the best you can do. The Maru was fucked the second it hit Klingon space. Neutralize the situation and gtfo.

If I remember right, that was Sulu's solution. He just nope'd out and left them to their fate.

Only good thing about enterprise in my opinion.

Dumb nigger detected.

Nemesis would be better if patrick stewart played shinzon and the movie didn't have like an hour of footage cut from it.

>turgid cock

I couldn't even get through that boring turd of a movie fucking hobbit didn't even see the rest

Kale, or something gluten free

It had good set design, in fact an early 2000s show set design is better than a 2016 150 million dollar movie.

On to the third shap

Hobbit 1 is bretty gude tho user.

You not like slow films or something?

Cut like 15 minutes of unneeded action sequences and its a solid enough movie.

>when enterprise is still willing the game

Franklin looks like it's supposed to be a short-range scout or something, it seems to have 2 or 3 decks, a crew of like 10 and a barebones computer system.

star trek goes stargate

it was shit, retconned too much, Blaylock there such gratuitous T&A she made 7 of 9 look like a nun

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

IT'S BEEN A MONG ROAD
GETTING FROM DERP TO HERP

Too short a list. Not worth making a macro.

Maybe it can be added in the corner of the DS9 one.

>people should watch what they don't like and shut the fuck up about it

Long time no see, Mr. Berman.

Only good episodes were the Mirror Universe two-parter.

I would watch a whole series of Emperor Sato and her hijinks.

she doesn't even say it in that scene.

Step your game up

i enjoyed it both times i watched the entire series

Trektards confirmed culpable and gay.

Enterprise has some really great stuff in it, like the stuff with Terra Prime. The final episode is total trash, though.

stop fucking up the meme you dip

Probably Janeway.

Well its about time you!

Why is her thigh so short?

She looks like her left leg has been amputated above the knee.

janeway knows

Her legs are crossed or its a bad shop

The only part of her I ever found attractive was below the waist, and above the knee, front and back.

Her tits are way too big, and her face looks too much like a close relative.

Her thigh is so short it looks like a stump.

>pakled from TNG(ay)
>uses it to mock Enterprise

Oh, the irony.

>what is lighting and perspective

Her boobs aren't even that big though, when you see her out of the obviously enhancing catsuits.

>her boobs are too big

the fuck's wrong with you?

>God she's pretty.
Why do people keep telling this lie? That picture is photoshopped to hell, and she's wearing shitloads of makeup and she still looks retarded, I think it's the fact that her eyes aren't level and the one on the right is too far right, like a flatfish. And those disgusting collagen lips make her look like a negress.

If she didn't have tits, I'm sure none of you would care about her.

Enterprise wasn't bad, but it wasn't good enough to redeem the garbage fire that was Voyager

Of the many, many things that Captain Janeway killed, the Star Trek franchise could be added to the list.

Ok, cow-boy.

Eww. Nasty.

I agree with the ship design but both ship interiors are shit and the Patches and Uniforms of the Franklin are far better.

Her thigh is still too short, even when considering that.

people who dont like big fat natural jugs are gay

>That flat, Vulcan tummy
>That, turgid, Vulcan cock
Confusedboner.exe

Photomanipulations are not natural and are indicative of low test.

k dude

Trips don' lie

big fat natural jugs are gross

Hoshi's are perfect.

That's just sick, dude.

Jeffery Combs did a decent job on that shitty show. He played in DS9. Arguably the best show.

Sorry. NigTrek9 was a boring soap opera with a bunch of unlikeable characters, feminists everywhere, a token nig commander, and way too many space jews.

No thanks.

Rick Berman was for many years the worst thing happen to Star Trek... Then JJ abrahams came and took that crown.

Easily the worst Trek series, though that doesn't leave it without merit.

Season 3 was pretty good and Season 4 was fairly solid.

I liked where they were going with the idea of it being set prior to TOS so you could do proto alien alliances and junk, but it suffered a bit by expecting the audience to know stuff about certain races, while shitting on everything you know because "they haven't achieved that level of enlightenment yet"

It expects you to give a bigger damn about things that don't really deserve it basically

>it killed the franchise

There had been continuous Trek on tv since '87.

What you need to understand is that TV execs, much like movie execs are jumpy as fuck. They don't want to loose their job by green lighting failures so they try to play it safe.

If you think the idea that Trek was on screen for well over a decade passed their notice then you're wrong.

Couple that with the notion that Star Trek is for nerds and hopeless weirdos (not saying they aren't prevalent, but they aren't the entire fanbase) and you have the grounds to consider it for the chopping block.

Why do you think the first few seasons didn't even have "Star Trek" in the titles?

It suffered from two awful seasons before starting to pick up and that was enough for them, even though TNG had two awful first seasons and DS9's weren't exactly stellar.

If they'd have known how "nerd culture" was going to become prevelent in a few short years I guarantee you they'd of kept it on because that's how the subhuman tv executives compute things in their tiny lizard minds.

Of course, I'm not saying it isn't an awful show, because its easily the worst Star Trek series, I'm just saying the idea that there could have been more series if not for Enterprise is ludicrous.

>Filename related.

>DS9
>Contrarian

The fuck? DS9 has always been the top shelf of Trek. The only people who say otherwise were the casuals who couldn't be bothered to tune in every week and Rick Berman.

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't buy this (again).