Alex Garland Conspiracy

>Writer of 28 Days Later
>has the shittiest third act in cinema history
>Writer of Sunshine
>Writer and director of Ex Machina

Is there something Hollywood isn't telling me when they keep hiring this guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cc__MThKA1o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I feel like I'm one of the very few people who actually liked the 3rd act to 28 Days Later.

What the fuck has those 3 films got to do with Hollywood you fucking spastic? They're British films.

But Ex Machina third act was good. what did you want, for ava and caleb to walk off into the sunset holding hands?

He should stick to writing books. "The Beach" was pretty decent.

Why the fuck not? It is our destiny to befriend the new fembot race and destroy human women.

For it to not end like a shitty horror movie like all of Garland's other flicks

What you want and what you need are two entirely different things. If you hate how a story ended doesn't mean the story was bad, if you felt such strong emotions as hate towards fiction it means you were invested which means it was good.

nah, you're an idiot

Ex Machina ended about as well as it could have possibly ended

>Frankenstein's monster killing Frankenstein is COMPELLING FICTION

This board is 18+

How? The music was the only cool part. Everything did not make sense.

What didn't make sense about it? The only thing I can think of is that a bike courier managed to stealth kill a couple of trained military men, and even then I could sort of believe that if he was smart enough about it.

exactly my point. these people hating on the third act are doing so because it didnt go how they wanted

I love 28 days but that I always bugged me, jim went full psychopath and even if infected were in the building and they were spread out even fucking then..

>Calls independent British films "Hollywood"

I was more than fine with the endings of 28 Days Later and Sunshine.

Ex Machina, however, did feel a bit weak, though.

I liked it too

probably the director wanting to change shit up at the end. same thing happened to the enslaved game he wrote. The whole game is a post-apocalyptic fantasy adventure and then goes full retard in the end because of pic related

youtube.com/watch?v=cc__MThKA1o

I actually hated the 3rd act of ex-machina because it went so god damn predictably. I had little to no idea what the movie was, but after one scene with the android I had the movie figured out. I knew it was two sides playing caleb and unfortunately it took a whole movie to reveal this and it was boring to me. I saw it coming perhaps in the 2nd act and there would have been a 3rd act. Maybe that's "not how I wanted it" but I didnt want the movie to be stale and predictable so..... I guess its my problem there?

>An original narrative is wrong, fuck that. BACK TO FORMULA.
Spotted the pleb

Sunshine and 28 Days definitely had shit third acts but Ex Machina's ending is pretty much perfect. How could you be so wrong on this.

Well yeah, if you saw it coming I could see you being disappointed.

I was sold on Ava's innocence, I really didn't see the betrayal coming. It's like watching The Sixth Sense and knowing he's a ghost the whole time, it pulls you out of the film and makes you a detached observer.

I thought everyone agreed that Damon LindeLOL is the worst act 3 writer of all time.

Oh for sure. 6th sense had the hype of "there's a twist" when I saw it, I guess the twist. Like I said, I knew nothing about ex-machina so I didnt go in with any expectations, but during the story it was so setting up Ava as a liar and Caleb as a tool that.... I just saw it all so quickly. I wish the film did more. It was very good at telling its story, I just didnt like its story and wanted it to go by a little quicker and have something else to do at the end.

He's pretty fucking bad, but I'm going to withhold judgement until The Leftovers concludes. If he burns me again it's all over.

I know there won't be an answer to the departure, at least there had better not be.

>le bad third act meme
only ex machina had a shit and predictable ending, 28 days and sunshine were fine

trying too hard m8

The problem with fembots is if your reproduce actual women too accurately, you end up duplicating their shortcomings too.

how can three films all have the shittiest third act in cinema history

still trying too hard m8

2/3 of Ex Machina was kinda smart and contemplating of AI vs human relationship but the last third was just Frankestein killing the master out of nowhere.

It would have been worse if Caleb got out with his robot gf but luckily it didn't happen.
We just got the second worst ending possible.

28 Days Later is shit all the way through though

Same.

I like the third act better than the first two acts actually.

Reeeally hoping his take on Annihilation isn't total shit, those books are awesome.

I never had an issue with it, why do people hate it?

This is entirely plausible, outside of SF the average soldier isn't an expert in CQC, besides the guys could have been from a logistics corps, reservists, trainees etc.

Sunshine's third act is not that bad.