Make shitty movies during the 50's and 60's

>Make shitty movies during the 50's and 60's
>Widely regarded as a legend

Why is this allowed?

>shit posts about influential directors that user could never live up to

Why is this allowed?

Cause they weren't shitty most were amazing

what did OP mean by this?

Sure user could. It's called hindsight. Successive generations always strive to surpass their forebears and nothing is wrong with it. All Hitchcock proved was that in the year 195X he was well connected enough to get his films made. There could have been a dozen better directors in the wings with visionary talent surpassing him that never got a chance due to how garbage the industry itself is.

People over value "firsts".

What plebs think it means "the first person to invent a thing was the only person who could have and the world would not have something without them"

What first actually means is "someone, usually a member of the upper class was the first person to be given the opportunity to take credit for something that there were likely hundreds of people independently pursuing but who were not rich enough to capitalize on it before the rich person."

he's a kike.

Technical master. The Michael Bay of his day.

Also, he made a lot of revolutionary films before the 50s too. The guy was already innovating in the silent age.

>Psycho
>Vetrigo
>Rear Window
>amazing

Bait at its highest level

You would seriously classify Vertigo as an "amazing" movie?

Agreed, genetic arguments get old fast among hobbies.

I think there are two extremes you can extremely value films from your own time and culture too much at the expense of others or you can place an over emphasis on any old or foreign film at the expense of everything else.

I hate when everything someone picks is because it was influential to film. Third person evaluations are always a red flag of a person being a mindless fool that has to superimpose a committee in their mind to enjoy anything. Films should be about what gives you a good personal emotional experience or specific insight.

Fuck off, Marx.

Bait Thread, but I'll post this lobby card anyway.

>>Pic Related is Comfy as Fuck

>Bait at its highest level
but it's the laziest b8 imaginable

>Hitchcock
>shitty
How old are you

It is widely considered one of (if not the) greatest films of all time.

Because Americans have and always will be shit filmmakers.

This bait is bad

wow intellegent discussion on Cred Forums i never would have guessed
jolly good

the birds fuckin stink

-patrice o'neal

Fuck you, based Alfred is one of the few "legends" who isn't overrated.