Tfw you realize that this can happen to any man and you're fucked no matter what

>tfw you realize that this can happen to any man and you're fucked no matter what

This movie is terrifying

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McMartin_preschool_trial
youtube.com/watch?v=WWoyc3t6lgs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

jokes on you op i don't have any friends to lose

But women are so oppressed.

Nor anyone to protect you

just avoid kids

Shit's a lot more likely in 'Murca than continental Yurop.

continentals are weird though

How do you even discuss this movie, let alone the plot of the movie, without someone red flagging you in their mind?

I only finally saw this a couple nights ago and it's very good. Really terrifying sense of dread throughout.

It spoke to me as a former teen travel camp counselor who after spending most of my time w the kids on trips, running around amusement parks, being a mentor, having fun, instead of moping like the other counselors, was accused of being *too* close to the kids by another jealous counselor. It only lasted a day, and I sorted it out w the director, but it was the scariest day of my life to even have such a baseless, disgusting allegation casually leveled against me. (it was a Jewish kids travel camp- i was the only non jew - and they were rich as shit.) At the end of the summer I got almost $1k in tips from the kids parents as opposed to like $20-40 most of the other counselors got. /blog

Anyway, the movie was super effective in portraying every man's existential nightmare, baseless accusations of sexual wrongdoing.

Bruh, that's fucking awful.

Though I do agree that the film is fantastic. It's quite possible the one film to properly hit me with anxiety during the viewing.

Reckon it could have been made in the UK or the US? It felt very distinctly scandinavian and how it dared touch upon taboo things and subvert others like "kids are pure/never lie"?

You don't have to realize it can happen

It used real events as inspiration, so it does happen
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McMartin_preschool_trial

He's saying he personally had not had the brainwave that that sort of thing could go down, not that he actually believed it couldn't/wouldn't happen

Red flagging you for what? Having good taste?

>"kids are pure/never lie"?

Yeah, that struck me as a bit odd actually, is that a thing in Scandinavia? Bc here in the US, while such behavior is certainly taken seriously, we sort of assume kids are inane chatterboxes as opposed to the never lying stuff.

Any little lie could ruin your life as a man.

>we sort of assume kids are inane chatterboxes as opposed to the never lying stuff.
Fuck no, this is universal shit, parents believe their kids are saints until they burn animals alive, then the kids graduate from saint to 'just a bit confused about what they should and shouldn't do'

Happening right now

Yeah, I didn't meant that the idea didn't exist in Scandinavia. It's definitely a thing in most places (perhaps not in societies where kids aren't treated as people).

yeah

this movie scared me more than any horror film

>perhaps not in societies where kids aren't treated as people
Should be the norm imo

>be a pre school teacher
>see this movie

fuck

The fucking store scene where they throw cans at him. They killed his fucking dog too. It was a fucking innocent dog and they killed it.

I would have fucking gone ballistic on that fucking town.

>male teacher
You dug your own grave

youtube.com/watch?v=WWoyc3t6lgs

not really, if the authorities got involved sooner as they should have, it would have been resolved sooner. in part it was due to the main character's will to do things on his own. he wasn't 'fucked no matter what'

besides everything was resolved at the end. the shooter was probably that shithead kid who started everything anyway and who cares about shithead kids

Oh shit, is this the movie that that one animated youtube video about that rotten kid who told a lie about his teacher and got him outcast from his school comes from?

Would you be so forgiving of your "friends" as Mads was?

his son was based. he's the real mvp

At least he has friends

what's the deal with Cred Forums's recent obsession with paedophiles?

>recent obsession

>recent

Agreed

>that fat fuck who slaps the kid to the ground in the argument scene

I'll never not be mad

It takes place in Denmark which is in Scandinavia, I live here aswell and you constantly read about some drunk slut who slept with some guys, regretted it and accused them of rape. And even if they are judged to be innocent and that there is no conclusive evidence that they ever raped the girl their lives are still destroyed, all the media will still claim they are guilty and people on social media will call fo their heads, it's fucking terrible.

Was anyone weirded out by the nursery? Not the fact that the adults played with kids, I'm no pedo suspector. It's the idea of commie style baby / children farms that freaks me out. I'd rather be a loner in a big city than embedded in a commune like in the movie.,

pedophile sympathy.

Man the point of the film wasn't that his life would be over if he was to be convicted. It's the idea that you are guilty in the eyes of the public immediately when accused and no amount of false evidence or logic will deter their opinion of you from that point on. That's the entire point of the last scene (which I don't want to spoil). Regardless of whether or not he was actually convicted, his life is irreversibly changed for the worse because of the actions of someone who has no concept of consequence or repercussions. I don't get why people get angry at the kid. It's more a reflection on a witch hunt, over-protective society than it is a demonization of a specific character's actions.

In regard to the film itself, it did leave me feeling anxious but more sad. The scene in the church where he confronts his friend had me ruined. And the scenes with his son were pretty heartbreaking. I have a really hard time picturing anyone else in the role. Mads is an incredibly talent.

I recommend "Prisoners" to anyone who enjoyed this film. It's only loosely similar plot-wise but the very same frustration and examination of humanity is explored, just in a more brutal way.

Happened to me senpai. The stain never leaves, even if proven innocent. There are still non-believers. All he can do now is leave it all behind.

>Happened to me senpai

Story tiem?

>I'll never not be mad
Hell, that ought to be the name of the movie. Already mad, just remembering it.

Can you share? I'd like to hear it

this is why I fucking stay away from little shits any chance I can

I hope you fucking choke pedo freak.

>children farms
What the fuck dude, it's a pre-school with a garden, not a work field.

>And even if they are judged to be innocent and that there is no conclusive evidence that they ever raped the girl their lives are still destroyed
Seen it, local celeb was accused, didn't even go to trial, all evidence and witness accounts were bungled up and the stories didn't match

Still plenty that believe it. Local university had 'X is a rapist!' spray painted over one of it's main roads months later

Social death is a thing, and it's very real.

Don't listen to that user. They're a loner in a big city, and they prefer it that way. Fucking weird kid.
Society is disgustingly ignorant. Never blindly trust what its members tell you.