World record for fastest baseball pitch by a woman

>World record for fastest baseball pitch by a woman
69 mph
>Average pitch by an Mlb player
90 mph

This show should've never existed

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=faifRomCki8&feature=youtu.be&t=21
abc.net.au/news/2016-05-28/matildas-face-backlash-after-loss-to-boys-team/7456458
youtube.com/watch?v=m4m3wPWoPSc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disco_Demolition_Night
youtube.com/watch?v=0jzYpSrpVqU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its actually 92 now

also in the show she doesnt use a fastball but a unique breaking ball thats hard to hit but doesnt really work out because you need a fastball to pair with it, would have made more sense if it was a knuckleball

>shes not using a knuckleball

MLB players would sit on her breaking pitch and hammer her to death. If she has no fastball what's to fear. This show is dumb as fuck.

>Implying women are ever given the coaching and training that gets pro pitchers up to that level.

Is a woman likely to exceed a man's world-record pitch? Probably not. But not every pitcher hurls every pitch at world-record speed.

>>>Implying women are ever given the coaching and training that gets pro pitchers up to that level.
when tennis women play against themselves, no woman ever reach the level of average tennis men.

in fact, women playing against men would perhaps make them a bit better, but they will never ever be better than men

>letting facts, science, or history get in the way of vapid GURL POWUR and BLAK POWUR narrative

I bet you're going to vote for Trump you literal evil Nazi.

You won't believe me, but I was briefly friends with an MLB player, and he said they would occasionally play college teams as an exposition, or during spring training, and all the college pitchers looked like Cy Young, because they threw in the 70s and 80s and nobody could hit them.

>World record for fastest baseball pitch by a woman
>69 mph
this is bullshit user. women have been recorded throwing faster than these. that girl who played in the little league world series hit 70 mph. Guinness is wrong on this.

uhh racist and sexist much?

In my Sports Illustrated i got today (fuck if I know why they write about tv shows in there), it says that she throws and 87 mph screwball. Currenlty only 1 pitcher in the majors throws them, but in 2015 the average speed of a screwball was under 70 mph. So yeah, its stupid as fuck

She's probably better than any pitcher the Padres currently have.

But there's no way a women would pitch in the MLB. Why not make the show about something like female kicker in the NFL? That could at least be possible.

>During the 1998 Australian Open, sisters Serena and Venus Williams boasted that they could beat any man ranked outside the world's top 200. The challenge was accepted by Karsten Braasch, a German player ranked No 203 (his highest ranking was No 38). Before the matches, Braasch played a round of golf in the morning, drank a couple of beers, smoked a few cigarettes, and then played the Williams sisters for a set each, one after the other. He defeated Serena, 6-1, and Venus, 6-2. Serena said afterwards "I didn't know it would be that hard. I hit shots that would have been winners on the women's tour and he got to them easily."

kek

mone davis is a one in a million pitcher though and even when fully developed she probably wont reach over 80 mph and even that would get absolutely blasted by average MLB hitters

Yeah i dont believe you because it makes no sense.

a woman tried out for the jets a few years ago and could kick it almost 30 yards, line-drive style

yeah the problem with screwballs is you just sit on a location and blast it, you need a fastball to force hitters to guess, the knuckleball can be thrown every pitch and makes more sense from a baseball point of view

They get accustomed to hitting high 90s, and lose all timing for anything slow.

i agree, but the 69 mph "world record" is obviously bullshit, i doubt a woman could hit over 80 or so, but definitely higher than 69

also thats the fastball, their breaking balls would inevitably be slower and a 60-70 mph slider or curve is literally a homerun derby pitch

In 2007, a woman tried out for the Eagles and almost made the roster because she was able to kick the football long distances because of her long, slender body and "stork-like" wide feet.

So do MLB teams use a slow pitcher to mix it up?

I mean, the idea that MLB players cant hit a college pitch seems kind of bullshit, but I remember that thing with a shadow punch (?) in boxing where you throw fast jabs and the boxer dodges it but then if you throw a stupid slow one it connects.

any linebacker would have made her into a tinfoil stork

That only works until you run a few days of practice with slow pitches to get used to the longer timing again or just use pinch hitters that are used to slow pitches.

CURRENT YEAR
U
R
R
E
N
T

Y
E
A
R

youtube.com/watch?v=faifRomCki8&feature=youtu.be&t=21

I'm just telling you what was told to me. I assumed it was just one game. It's not like they played these guys for a whole week. At some point, the professionals would get used to it and start hammering those guys to no end

Are all these graphs focused on women? Are there any of these graphs for men?

CHOLLIE THERE'S A HOOAR INNA TRAESH

Usually, it's not a slow pitcher, but a pitcher who will occasionally throw a slow pitch, called a changeup.
They can disguise the delivery and the motion to look like it's coming fast, but it'll be several MPH slower.
You throw a few fastballs, get the batter accustomed to the speed of the pitch, then throw a changeup and you can force hitters into mistakes.

>caring about broadcast tv

Also screwballs don't get thrown anymore cause they kill your arm

I dont know enough about baseball, but theres definitely a lot of psychological components at work too, so it could be the case. My understanding is baseball pitching/batting is kind of like rock paper scissors? and trying to guess what the pitchers going to throw and at high speeds the swing is basically just an automatic reflex.

Except the Red Sox play a college team every spring and beat them every spring

More or less. Different situations typically call for certain types of pitches, and then the hitter has to guess which one is probably coming.

Also,
Hitters have roughly 0.40 seconds reaction time (typically) to:
-determine the type of pitch
-determine if it's a strike or a ball
-determine the speed of the pitched ball
-finish the stride and get their foot down
-get the bat to the ball

There is definitely guessing, but a good hitter will be able to look at the pitch over the first .1 seconds and swing accordingly. MLB players actually have on average far better than 20-20 vision which allows them to see the pitches better

If there is any situation in sport where a woman could be successful an a men's league at a high level it's in being a baseball pitcher. A woman with exceptional athletic ability who dedicated her life to baseball could hit the low 90's and presumably have a lot of breaking stuff, or could even be a knuckleballer. She would probably have to play in the AL though, I doubt she could run bases in any reasonable amount of time and hitting a 98+mph pitch is almost out of the question.

Bullshit.

What about playing in the MOL?

>its a season ending pregnancy episode

>This show should've never existed
Well, it would've worked if she were playing another position, but pitcher is very unrealistic. She'd have to have shoulders like WoW pauldrons.

> A woman with exceptional athletic ability who dedicated her life to baseball could hit the low 90's

but the fastest pitch by a woman is 69mph?

Thanks, I'll be able to enjoy watching baseball a bit more now.

>A woman with exceptional athletic ability who dedicated her life to baseball could hit the low 90's and presumably have a lot of breaking stuff,
There are too many men who are doing the same thing who have the natural advantage of inherent strength.

There's no reason to think a woman can hit that number. The highest recorded speed is 69mph. That *is* a woman who spent her whole life playing ball.

As you see upthread, there are claims of little league girls hitting 80s, but you'll notice how they're all second-hand accounts with nothing backing them up.

There's a shit ton of spots on MLB rosters for pitchers. I wouldn't be surprised if a team in my lifetime adds a woman and they turn out to be a mediocre to bad 1-2 inning per appearance reliever. The publicity from it alone is probably worth it for some of the worse clubs.

The really dumb thing is they could've made her a knuckler or a second baseman with no logical issues

To your sexist ass: imagine if instead of tennis, Serena Williams every moment from her childhood learning how to pitch

This is the show of that

>turn out to be a mediocre to bad 1-2 inning per appearance reliever.
They would have a pitcher that was clearly inferior to competing players, meaning the team would have no competitive reason to select them. It hasn't happened yet for a reason, but I guess it's 2016, after all. In a few months, it will be 2017, meaning it's that more compelling and the current year will be ever greater.

>If there is any situation in sport where a woman could be successful an a men's league

No.

Never.

Only in curling and it's mixed.

physics and real life doesn't allow women to be physically equal to men.

Even a female pro bodybuilder was easily defeated in an arm wrestling match against a doUevenLift twink.

What about the MOL?

I dont think its the kind of publicity that sports clubs want though.

You risk alienating your fanbase by turning their team into a publicity stunt for the sake of appeasing people who dont really care about the sport and wont be spending money at your club.

Unless a woman comes in who can shift merchandise and fill seats for a season.

Except Williams would get killed by a man and admits it.

abc.net.au/news/2016-05-28/matildas-face-backlash-after-loss-to-boys-team/7456458

>women

Whatever happened to family programming? 8PM - a show about grisly murders
9PM - the empowering show for grade school girls
WTF?

Look not every team has deep Five Ace talent. As long as you can bring Three Aces and get her as a PR boost you could seriously still have a World Series caliber team if you also have some offense.

Just go ACE, ACE, HER, ACE - you are possibly going 3-1 in the series.

Say IF the bats are good and she lets 5 runs go, you could in theory have a closer lock it down and your bats score 6. I think its possible IF your team doesn't rely on 5 Aces to win playoffs and she takes minimum wage so you can afford more players.

I am thinking of the 90's Braves that had Smoltz, Glavine and Maddox, they could just win enough you could put up 3 wins just by themselves.

>Implying a team has more than one ace

No way as a starter. A 1-2 inning closer at most.

What if you took a woman with god-tier genetics and trained her from birth to throw a knuckleball

It would look like this

She'd still be a woman

>being this deluded

Just kidding, this is pasta from the last time we had this thread

Who is the market for this show?

It sounds like it flopped

>same post till kingdom come
no one is watching this show. no one would watch it even if it was accurate.
>This show should've never existed
every work of fiction has a right to exist

She'd have had tommy johns about 3 times before college.

A kuckleball is a slow pitch, but you have to throw it really fucking hard.

It's not just a matter of strength. Women have shorter arms than men, thus, less time to speed the ball up in the wind-up. Sure, they could accommodate with muscle, which they also have less off, but it puts more strain on the shoulder, which is also weaker.

I'm the one that wants to see her shower.

Kek

>Fastest recorded tennis serve; Male
Sam Groth - 263.4 km/h or 163.7 mph

>Fastest recorded tennis serve; Female
Sabine Lisicki - 210.8 km/h or 131.0 mph

These ARE women who have spent just as much time and effort as men at their sport and they're way slower

FYI Venus Williams has the 2nd fastest recorded female serve at 207.6 km/h or 129.0 mph

Well memed friend

?

All good physical points user

Also ignoring the fact men have much stronger connective tissue like tendons, cartilage, bone density etc so no matter how much muscle a woman puts on, they'll never match the mans overall strength and speed

It's more than just muscle people

This actually can be a good thing.
There's another show, with the MC being a pitcher who can't throw a variety of pitches.
youtube.com/watch?v=m4m3wPWoPSc
It's called One Outs, and is pretty good. It plays with the notions of mindgames between the pitcher and batter. If this show does something similar, it could be quite good.

>no heels
>dat ass

impressive

Women just aren't equal to Men physically, and there's nothing wrong with that. Just admit it already.

I need more.

I'LL BE STRONGER ONCE AGAAAAAAIIIN!!

what a fun series

That first arc was better than the last one, not that the last was bad but goddamn that first arc was some Kaiji level perfection.

This surprisingly isn't terrible. Could be better, but it's watchable.

>Dan Fogelman created this and This is Us; most well-known for writing Crazy, Stupid, Love

Surprised this guy is moving on to make weirdly good shows. Can't say I'm mad.

>every work of fiction has a right to exist

"The day that poster 74623880 was not a faggot"
COMING THIS FALL

>with the MC being a pitcher who can't throw a variety of pitches.

Reminds me of Major where Goro somehow makes it all his life with only a gyroball. It bothers me to see stuff like this in shows because pro players should at least "know" most pitches and narrow it to a fastball, changeup, and a breaking ball

Even knuckle ballers still have a fastball.

I loved the game where they were competing to break the most rules.
So dumb, but so good.

I like One Outs, but its totally fantasy. Remember when they reveal he can throw a fastball that rises? lmao

>but its totally fantasy.
So?

Thing is, in the show, it only lasts for one season, even less for a few people, to adapt to his pitching style. It's a gimmick that only works for a little while.
And PITCH isn't total fantasy?

She's not bad looking.

for a nignog

>Joe Buck and Smoltzy trying to act

Top kek

The tagline for the show is "A true story on the verge of happening"

is japan even capable of doing something outside of their comfort zone?
here they make an anime about baseball and it still manages to have all the same cliches that every other shitty anime series has
how can they be so uncreative?

No one would have a problem if it was portrayed as a fantasy. Well, some would, of course. Cred Forums is Cred Forums.

But it's not. It's portrayed as something that not just can happen but will.

It's the only baseball anime like this, though.
If you want something traditional, watch Ace of Diamond, or Major, or Big Windup, hell, even H2

This show is boring

Thats just very clever marketing.

What that tagline actually means is:
"It may be possible, in some form, at some point in time for a woman to make it in MLB"

and every idiot will read it as:
"THIS IS A TRUE STORY AND REALLY HAPPENED!"

Ace of Diamond could have been so good, it has god tier animation.

But the story is so generic and frustrating. That faggot Furuya ruins the whole thing too.

Cross game is still my favorite.

Goro had almost perfect control of 99+mph pitches and a ridiculously fast forkball though, if anything the batters were pretty impressive. PITCH somehow manages to be more absurd than an anime so I guess that's props worthy.

It's so unfortunate about nogs hair. If they decide to be lazy, it's back to a disgusting brillo pad. I can handle lazy days with no makeup. But natural nog hair is a disaster.

>malfunctioning black female robot

>I'm a robot in cleats and I'm malfunctioning

Jesus Christ, who writes this dialogue?

You see the difference then between that and One Outs, which never at any time pretended it was anything but fantasy?

>PITCH manages to out anime Japan

17 inning fighting spirit episode when?

>manager tries to do his job and wants to cut the grill loose
>WE LOOK STUPID BECAUSE WE TOLD YOU TO PUT HER IN AND YOU TOOK HER OUT

Haha I forgot about that. Shameful.

>Team is literally called the Dads
>sign the first female MLB pitcher

>a woman pitcher even getting out of rookie A ball

>The Exorcist TV show

Christ this dialogue

This wisecracking catcher is annoying as shit

>slaps her ass

>it's a sexual harassment episode

Fogelman loves his twists, doesn't he?

rip steve harvey

>Look at women in baseball wiki page to see if there is or have been any women even in Single A
>ONE, there is exactly one female baseball player mentioned in the article aside from some chick in the late 1800's

She's a pitcher too and even went full meme as a female pitcher would.

>Eri Yoshida (吉田 えり Yoshida Eri?, born January 17, 1992, in Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan) is a Japanese professional baseball player. She plays as a sidearm knuckleball pitcher for the Ishikawa Million Stars

Its like there is almost no people interested in watching that
But yeah still wouldn't have the muscles
They could do better than they do today but there is no point since there is no money in women's sports

Do you alt right faggots even bother to question anymore if the shit you whine about has any effect on society? No woman is going to start to believe she can tryout for professional baseball because of a movie you obese right wing SJWs. Kill yourselves. Fuck, I hate Cred Forums. Fat fucking deluded shitposting retards.

>You risk alienating your fanbase by turning their team into a publicity stunt for the sake of appeasing people who dont really care about the sport and wont be spending money at your club.

That's never happened before, right?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disco_Demolition_Night

Actually the show wasn't terrible, first time I've watched anything on network TV in awhile.
Sounds like it's gonna turn into pointless drama bullshit though. They do a good job with the baseball aspect at least.

Did anyone suggest that women were going to start trying out for pro teams because of this show?

No?

Its happened a lot in sports teams and businesses, but these days corporations are a lot more wary of stepping outside the box that could result in their brand getting damaged.

you have to go back faggot

She could only play for the American League. Their Designated Hitter rule would be needed. Since she couldn't possible hit decently or spring between the bases fast enough.

In the NL she'd have to be a relief pitcher that gets pinch hit for.

At least she acknowledged it and didn't try to make excuses. Can't really get upset.

>relief pitcher
>weak woman

relief pitchers are usually pitchers that can throw hard and good for a short period. due to old age or young guys that just lose motion control.

I think i'm in love, bros

Ookiku Furikabutte is the best

>Someone other than me has read and enjoyed the works of Mitsuru Adachi

It's a good day today

why doesn't ESPN or CN show sports animes?

Toonami only likes battle shonen and mecha

ESPN's viewership mainly consists of old chad's who hate "nerdy" stuff and don't know what anime is.

ESPN has received a ton of shit for covering esports tournaments, so showing sports anime would probably not go over well with their main viewer base. They would also censor all of the fan service.

ESPN could do an hour or two block at midnight.

show shoulda just been about a normal rookie climbing up the ranks

I would be fine with it. Considering ESPN is losing a shit ton of viewership every year and all of the terrible contacts they've signed, they need all the help they can get.

Unless they figure out how to attract millennials, the network will be gone within two decades.

The only plausible thing about this show is the San Diego Padres being this desperate.

>season ending pregnancy
More like mandatory DH duty. No pitcher is going to throw in the zone against a pregnant lady, because no one wants to be the guy that accidentally gives her a miscarriage by hitting her in the gut. That's an automatic intentional walk every time. Someone call Billy Beane, I think we've found the next big market inefficiency.

>No pitcher is going to throw in the zone against a pregnant lady

dude, is all about social constructs, girls need to have role models to do 90 mph

>drank some beers and smoked some cigarettes before

Manlet Pajeet at my cricket club can bowl a cricket ball quicker than that kek

Any pictures of her thighs?
As a child, I got to see Nolan Ryan's bare legs, that shit terrified me. I'm not going to be able to suspend my belief if this bitch isn't anywhere near Chun-Li proportions, thighs thicker than waist.

women have dainty, tiny hands though. they could never throw a proper knuckleball. honestly though this show was a joke to start with, arguing over what kind of breaking ball she should throw is pointless because the entire premise is ridiculous..

youtube.com/watch?v=0jzYpSrpVqU

Necessary Roughness tv show when?