/who/ - Doctor Who General

Thirty Years in the TARDIS edition
Required viewing for Classic fans.

cancelled

Other urls found in this thread:

itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/itv-orders-second-series-successful-royal-drama-victoria
uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/red-dwarf/watch-online/?video=5128498617001
digitalspy.com/movies/news/a808819/terence-bayler-who-played-bloody-baron-in-the-harry-potter-series-dies-at-86/
twitter.com/Patrick_Ness/status/778520145820061696
twitter.com/_AaronNeil/status/778946652925296640
twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/779304567813115904
drive.google.com/open?id=107k4dkqOM_G_4p6eZR90y8Nla1NEiKgB1qMkMmv8Yz0
youtube.com/watch?v=KGfm8Yafrpk
youtube.com/watch?v=uQZfUCmUOXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kt4_MEsbab4
twitter.com/bbcclass/status/779345053605105665
bbc.co.uk/programmes/p048h1bz
twitter.com/bbcclass/status/779349655083769856
twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/779356075170693120
bbc.co.uk/programmes/p048sh2p
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tell her that these are guidelines. If what I've written down is too difficult, simplify it. Like for the crab-person one, she can just draw someone in bed with a giant crab.

Who here watches Agents of Shield?

Johnny Blaze or bust

Nah, Robbie Reyes is an actual good Ghost Rider.

Johnny. Blaze. Or. Bust.

Listen, I like Cage as much as the next guy, but Ronnie is who's in.

Don't watch Agents of SHIELD, but it sucks how the main characters from that and the Netflix series aren't allowed to appear on Marvel movies. Those films expect you to have seen several trilogies, but don't want you to watch a couple episodes of some shows?

I;m not sure whether there is specifically a rule against it.

DC 3 never.

DC 3 came out today. You'll have a download soon.

I know I'm just terribly impatient.

doctorwho is dead. Long live whogeneral.

I dropped it near the end of last season.

You didn't like Squid-Ward?

Chronological user here.

Watching Enlightenment, farewell Nyssa!

Also, Absent Friends is fucking GOAT. Best of all Doom Coalition.

Thanks again, Belle.

Actually theyre contractually obligated to be in films if asked

Coulson, Quake, Ghost Rider, and the Netflix heroes will probably all have Infinity War cameos

Have you actually read All-New Ghost Rider or is this another one of those things like with Twinkies

I haven't read All-New Ghost Rider, but I saw the Ghost Rider ep of AoS, and it was awesome, so as far as I'm concerned, he's in like Flint.

Also, the Twinkies comment was because, even though I've never tasted them, based on what I've heard, I imagine they taste like over-processed crap.

Wew

Lad.

>Also, the Twinkies comment was because, even though I've never tasted them, based on what I've heard, I imagine they taste like over-processed crap.
Can confirm, it's like a bath sponge made of cheap vanilla flavouring.

he said home-made cinnamon rolls are better than twinkies, which he's never even had. as if this a comparison that anybody ever needed to make to begin with. He's a dork.

Down with Immgurnt

I said home-made cinnamon rolls are better than twinkies PROBABLY.

WHY ARE WE COMPARING HOME-MADE CINNAMON ROLLS TO TWINKIES TO BEGIN WITH. IMMA MURDER YOU IMMGURNT.

Anyway what's /who/ with everyone. Nothing is /who/ with me.

Wicked + Divine: 1831 is cool. It has a version of Mary Shelley in it, so that makes it /who/, if you squint really hard.

The newest comic of Tenth Doctor comics was cool, especially since they're hinting thet we might see some of the early days of Gallifrey.

Oh, and the Master, who shows up in Eleventh Doctor comics, is a wonderful troll.

how come we don't know a damn thing about the christmas special
are they waiting until a week before christmas to say anything?

Nothing's really /who/ with me either, been busy with normie things lately. Looking forward to the Cold Fusion BF whenever it finally comes out.

Well, we know the script made Gatiss cry... for what that's worth...

Was it just a /who/ meme rumor that the xmas special was going to be a Wizard of Oz parody with Missy as the Wicked Witch?

oops
because I would totally love the shit out of that

Chronological user here,

Just started Cobwebs, and Nyssa is back. she's like a boomerang.

Doctor Hoot

Full mag coming in a day or two, Cyberman special

Cobwebs is super fun. I really need to finish the OldNysser Saga, I quite like most of those stories.

What did he mean by this?

No one knows, which is why every board is going batshit over it.

Are you serious that you're talking about this over here instead of where it's on topic what the fuck even dude

I'm an absolute /idiot/, DC3 dropped hours upon hours ago.
Time to check out whether or not the twitter people were exaggerating.

You're not an idiot. Enjoy!

>Yesterday
JUST CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

Now see here Moffat
I want Series 10
I want Series 10 AND a new companion
I want Series 10 AND a new companion AND a new Heaven Sent
And while we're at it…

I want Capaldi
I want bearded Capaldi
So much beard and so much hair
It would be unfair
To Tom and Jon's great wear
No, now!

I want a Dalek
I want a Cyber
Sleek looking silver and a galaxy glider and a really good writer
Give it to me… NOW!

I want Gallifrey,
I want Ras' my bae
I want to lock it all up in my pocket
Universe it's my rocket
Give it to me…NOW!

I want Davros
I want the Mara
I want to see them all day long in my head and I don't want to lose 'em'

I want a party of the Doctors' laughter
Twelve stories all so extreme
And if I don't get the things I am after
I'm gonna scream!

I want VNA,
I want VNA darkness!
Zygons and Slitheens, and Chumblies and Drahvins, and Oods and Argolins
And now!
Don't care how I want it now!
Don't care how I want it now!

This is a great image.

VNA LEVEL DARK

So has anybody here listened to Countermeasures? I thought they were meant to be Proto-UNIT within the universe, but now there's The New Countermeasures. And the whole "imagine a 60s Who spinoff" idea sounds neat for a few go-arounds, but what really separates them from the other paranormal investigations running around?

Also, I wish Big Finish would be more fluid with their ranges so I could see Captain Jack flirting with Henry Gordon Jago or Benny in a rivalry with River. All we've gotten is the Strax thing and the occasional boxset.

Inhumans of SHIELD? I stopped watching when I realised half of it was just pilot programmes for stuff Marvel wind up not committing to.

It spent two seasons being about inhumans.

ABSENT FRIENDS
A slow moving, but complex and extremely sad story.

Don't you think Who looks tired?

Hows it a troll? Don't read eye stories

THE EIGHTH PIECE
Quite boring and I was tuning out by the end.

THE CRUCIBLE OF SOULS
Seems to be a comfy, hilarious and heist story so far, 20 minutes in.

I-is the Watchmaker from the Gallifrey audios the Clocksmith? Their names seem awfully similar but they're completely different.

>I think you're a little more suspicious than the other one, so you're the decoy

Er, did you skip an episode? The Doomsday Chronometer is the third one isn't it?

I did, that teaches me to listen to stories at 2 AM.

Well that explains the odd chronology.

It makes much more sense listening to to TDC after TCOS though, since the Cromwell story doesn't get resolved in ep 2

>reminder Jenna was never hotter than prime Asylum Jenna

YAAAAS QUEEN:
itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/itv-orders-second-series-successful-royal-drama-victoria

bok?

>tfw Jenna will continue to do shitty shows in the uk and won't get her big break in America

Class October 22
For Tonight We Might Die
The Coach with the Dragon Tattoo

DC3 is far better than DC2.
THE CRUCIBLE OF SOULS and THE DOOMSDAY CHRONOMETER are both pretty entertaining in my opinion. TDC has a fair bit of wacky humour.

New Red Dwarf lads (registering is free)

uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/red-dwarf/watch-online/?video=5128498617001

Anyone watching the Class livestream on Facebook at 4:30 BST? Join the cast for Q&A and also (probably) bump into Adam Orford and Whippasnappa Boy too :D

If there's a chat thing I might show up and shitpost.

Terrence Bailey has died

digitalspy.com/movies/news/a808819/terence-bayler-who-played-bloody-baron-in-the-harry-potter-series-dies-at-86/

Who was he in Doctor Who?

Shoot, Bayler I meant.

Unbelievable. This is actually true.

>The Coach with the Dragon Tattoo
Pertwee is a coach now?

Apparently, he was in The Ark and The War Games.
>The War Games: Episode One (1969) ... Major Barrington
>The Return (1966) ... Yendom

Danny John Jules is brilliant in this one :D

Steven Moffat has no regrets. None.

> Getting shut of Caro Skinner because they had an affair
> Paradigm Daleks
> Bringing Nardole back
> Fetishizing River Song
> All the crude sex jokes
> Putting Sherlock before Dr Who
> Let's Kill Hitler

No regrets.

>implying he's had the Hybrid idea since 2012 / 2013 lol no
or
> dodgy retcon explaining why the TARDIS didn't like Clara because he forgot to write this into the show

Obviously a tongue in cheek response, the real reason is something something Name of the Doctor.

Gonna be shit!

>the crack in time returns

...Why?

What's that alien on the left?

That's Gareth!

every photo they release makes me less interested

someone turn the lights on I can't see anything
How long until this airs? It's gotta be soon now, wasn't it meant to fill in this year while who wasn't on?

trust your PNess

twitter.com/Patrick_Ness/status/778520145820061696

> fuck off people asking about Class

Duane Dibley!

It's on next month apparently, and there have only been 2 promo pics
>tfw still no trailer

Might get a clip today, maybe??

twitter.com/_AaronNeil/status/778946652925296640
>bio: Currently filming #ClassDW

To be honest, I don't think anyone actually gives a fuck about Class. They just want DW to return

So true.

Nobody in the UK even knows nor cares about Class. Literally only about 10 people on the twitter hashtag are super excited - for some reason. I bet even Peter Capaldi's cameo won't even get the UK tuning in, cos they don't give a shit about him as the Doctor to start with.

>young adult fiction
>is actually for people who are not quite adults

>tfw you'll live long for the Wilderness Years II

Is Class going to be more like Hunger Games or Divergent?

Looks like a wannabe mash-up of Buffy, Skins, Misfits and every other lame ass 'teen drama' with bonus dark edgy aliens and gay kissing. Yawn.

twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/779304567813115904

Oh that Gareth

What's the difference?

Liking Love & Monsters is actually the patrician path though.

Can someone help me find somewhere to watch Season 9?

I'm in Japan and my Amazon Prime Video is region locked :(

Mostly, I just want to rematch Heaven Sent

Reading his follow up tweets and comments, he makes some good points.

ask in japanese and I'll answer

How do you rank the Eruditorum Press crew, /who/? For me it's:

Jack > Phil > Josh > Jane > power gap > Daniel > Shana

I have no idea who wrote what.

I only really read Sandifer's reviews anyway.

Literally who?

Everyone > Phil

私は日本にいるので、私はオンラインシリーズ9を見ることができますどのように子供を痴漢医師?

>Jack that high
Phil > Jane > Jack and I don't know who the rest of those fags are.

>私
I'll let it slide
I don't know about a site to stream it tbqh, I'd just torrent it

hey guys, remember when they couldn't even be arsed with sets? sloppy paintwork, pencil markings still left on the rounded window, no effects added to try and at least hide the shoddiness. Zoom in: play a game of "how many bits of the set are half-arsed"

>pencil markings still visible on the wood all the way around
>grey paint badly applied on both sides of the round window
>screws still visible top right
>cheap

What if they took the promo pic before the set was finished?
What if that raw image you found came from the photographer directly and not an official bbc release?

Really, this was a set?

I always though that cameral being outside a futuristic window is primary CGI material.

No wait, I just remembered Josh. I started reading his Star Trek Eruditorum clone when I was trying to get into Trek but all he did was bitch about how every episode of a mainstream, left-leaning show from the '60s wasn't radically leftist enough. He's below Jack.

The photo I posted was released as a promo shot on the official site. Even if the set wasn't finished, they should've Photoshopped all the shit out of it and cleaned it up. Laziness and sloppiness.

I wonder if this was just constructed quickly for the sake of a promo picture, but that makes no sense. Surely if they wanted this promo pic, they could've just photographed Rassilon with green screen and edited in a big window. I dunno, it's very weird, and very sloppy

They all look really cheap and minimalist now when they really shouldn't be. The tardis looks ten times better than anything else in the show.

If you're willing to dl you can use drive.google.com/open?id=107k4dkqOM_G_4p6eZR90y8Nla1NEiKgB1qMkMmv8Yz0

The tardis is basically the only thing they can justify spending money on

That reminds me, do we know about any tardis revisions this series? Have there been any pictures of the tardis interior poster they slap inside the blue box?

Used to be Phil>Jack when he was actually making Who reviews and Alan Moore stuff, now that he's obsessed with fighting alt-right bloggers it's gotta be Jack>Star Trek guy>Phil. Can't be arsed reading those "gender and sexual dynamics" ones that popped up recently though.

I'm all for minimalist, but they could at least put some effort in. What we get feels like a slap dash "that'll do" attitude :/

Some promo shots in RTD's era were quite minimalist and cheap (Tennant and Tate in a bland looking crate-filled corridor for Series 4) but at least they edited them to look somewhat fun or cool.

Since when were spaceships made out of white cardboard boxes?

Also gotta love the shoddy Ikea coffee table of the Supreme Dalek

Clara's outfit was on point in that two-parter

What?

Let's play a game of "Spot the Wheel Caster"

The Bronze Dalek to the left of the SWD

>Supreme Dalek wants to make himself look taller than the other Daleks
>as a trade-off, has to levitate down every time he wants to go to another room

Is profound stupidity an emotion because I think the Daleks have that

Oops forgot the photo

The best part is: that Dalek control room has an upper level, upon which there are other Daleks. If the Supreme wants to command the room, why not just stand up there and bark his orders to the level/floor below?

wow Series 9 really did have cheap sets

WHY DOES HE NEED HIS OWN PODIUM
EXPLAIN
EXPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN

>should we do anything interesting with the old dalek designs?
>what? no. just put them all in a brightly-lit bland room together.

The Cushing fims have better sets than that.

Not to mention:

The rounded corridor set seen so much in Series 5 makes a return for the underwater base.

Trap Street is lazily redressed for Husbands.

"OH NO, BILL! WE'VE RUN INTO THE SAME SET WE USED SIX EPISODES AGO!"

>rounded corridor set
I've missed that, I'm glad they brought it back
Trap Street was so bad tho, it looked like something from Lazy Town, it totally ruined Clara's death for me

Will this set return again?

u wot m8

The roundels on the upper section of the TARDIS console room are made out of the neckpieces of the paradigm daleks. Once you realise this you will never unsee it

Not only cheap looking but totally devoid of style.

say that again i double dare u

never mind that - we haven't seen Cardiff's temple of peace for a while, have we?

Cheap rubbish. Looks like it's made of ikea parts.

>running through corridors
Confirmed for GOAT right?

>Cardiff's temple of peace
When was this used?

Yes. Series 9 didn't feature enough running.

My best guess is that they wanted to make it look 'minimalist' and tie in with what 'default' TARDISes looked like, but boy does it all just look horrendously cheap and nasty.

RTD once said there's nothing worse than seeing a brightly lit all-white sci-fi interior set... and Hell Bent proves him right. (He also said that seeing a room around the Time Lords in End of Time would look cheap no matter what - again, Hell Bent proves him right cos we see the same table in a very cheap looking set)

>shitty show
>ITV's top viewed show of 2016 so far
>Rave reviews from critics

I think she's doing ok. And who knows, maybe the show will catch on in America like Downton did?

The Temple of Peace pops up loads (the flooring gives it away).

End of the World, Gridlock, Nightmare in Silver, New Earth, Let's Kill Hitler, Fires of Pompeii and Cold Blood spring to mind.

Nice brief use of the circular set in Into the Dalek

they just should have used a Dalek from the New Paradigm. Those ones were actually tall enough to tower of the normal ones.

Yup, especially after Moffat backtracked and said the Paradigms were an officer class. Why not have him centre stage with other Daleks doing the work?

>Children of Earth Day Four and Five
Definitely the GOAT Torchwood. Unless series 4 is better. Although I don't see how there is a series 4, since by the end of CoE there's basically no Torchwood. The Hub is blown up, Gwen and Jack are the only members left alive and Jack decides to fuck off to outer space. And Gwen's pregnant. God knows who's going to deal with all the rift shit from now on. I hope Jack doesn't just come back next episode and say "lol I changed my mind."

What really makes the serial work is the the realism of the government's reaction to the aliens and the way they try to cover their asses. It's the kind of thing rarely seen in Doctor Who and especially shocking given that it's the actual British government and not a thinly veiled alien analog.

The one thing I can't buy is that every country agreed to giving up 10% of their kids. I'm sure there would be at least one stubborn asshole country who'd want to keep their children and would get everyone virus'd.

Because they look fucking dreadful.

I agree. But one would've looked better than the red supreme on a coffee table. Just shoot it from very specific angles.

>shitty show
>ITV's top viewed show of 2016 so far

These aren't mutually exclusive things, as you know perfectly well.

I don't like the red dalek either or the dias. The design team should be ashamed of this set.

It's pretty clear s9 was cheap all round.

This is his best costume. The only time the hoodie looks good as well.

Also, am i the only one who likes the Paradigm daleks?

>people didn't like the coffee table
Plebaroonie. Daleks are perfectly suited to that kind of absurdity.

Fucking hell....

How many levels of autism are you guys on? Yes, Doctor Who is a cheap show. It looks cheap. Congratulations, with insight like that you could write for Cracked.

The sleep pods from Sleep No More are also recycled from Under the Lake.

Not to mention these are all high-resolution publicity stills that show a different level of lighting, colour and detail to what we see in the show.

Which in turn look to be recycled from the Nightmare in Silver Cybermen doors.

and the Sleep No More set is the same set they used for Last Christmas

Who the fuck do you think you are mate?

Still no excuse when all of these are painfully obvious in the show. The Dalek control room and Gallifrey's white room look even cheaper on screen than they do in photos.

This is also the same floor piece seen in Asylum of the Daleks as the transporter.

Give it a free pass though because of the Dalek connection. (Hey, if they care about continuity, they should use this for how Davros escapes Skaro).

forgot to add photo

I swear Doctor Who only ever uses two castles too.

> The Doctor's Meditation
> Heaven Sent
> Robot of Sherwood
> The Witch's Familiar (B&W clip)
> The Rebel Glesh

All painfully obvious the same 2 castles.

she legitimately was the best dressed companion

I love finding out where they've reused things like that, it really reminds you how resourceful they have to be to get everything together on budget.

The Tyler Mansion from S2, or the place in Angels Take Manhattan?

I'm just saying matey, this isn't exactly a revelation. God forbid you ever watch any of the classic series if you're so put off by cheap sets.

And why do you keep pointing out recycled props and sets like they're a bad thing rather than a smart way to make efficient use of a limited budget that only nerds on the internet will notice?

Used multiple times - Gomez even hinted there may be a reason for it, but there never was. Used in SJA once, then for Girl Who Waited, and then as Heaven with Missy.

Am I saying reused sets are a bad thing? Nope. I'm saying some of the cheap sets and lazily redressed ones are bad. Others, I'm just pointing out for fun.

Like the reuse of the National Museum of Wales - not a bad one, just fun to spot where it crops up time and time again!

Don't forget this one used in both New Earth and The Girl Who Waited

Classic Who has an excuse for cheap sets. NuWho doesn't given that they looked fine for the first 5 or 6 seasons.

Piss off you arrogant wanker. Why don't you fuck off somewhere else to start a fight and let everyone else talk about what they want?

There is a reason for it, and i've discovered it through someone I know at the BBC. I'll spoiler it because it's really big:

The budget is small.

Also crops up as the 3W institute in Series 8.

Those stairs are a dead giveaway.

I bet you feel really smart.

No, Gomez implied there was a reason behind the same location being used in-universe, leading some to speculate that it was her TARDIS or something. We know full well the practical reasons (budget), but she hinted of something further, in universe.

Was that one in Dark Water as well?

Who's the psycho? You don't get to tell us what to talk about. Get lost.

Also at the beginning of In the Forest of the Shite

I'm pretty sure Gomez was just bullshitting.

Yup!

Oswin's chair also seems familiar.

Yeah she was definitely pulling people's chain with that one.

The Woman Who Lived
The Unicorn and the Wasp
Tooth and Claw

I like to think there's a different explanation for that

>I'm saying some of the cheap sets and lazily redressed ones are bad. Others, I'm just pointing out for fun.
Well okay then, sorry for misinterpreting.

Probably budget cuts due to the show getting worse ratings than in the first five or six seasons.

Like your dick. Kek. Bazinga!

Missy's garden also showed up in Torchwood.

The Dyffren Estate – Vale of Glamorgan, Wales pops up a few times.
>The Girl in the Fireplace (2006)
Churchill’s office in The Wedding of River Song (2011)
CAL’s database in Forest of the Dead (2008)

Clearwell Caves are used for the Sycorax ship and the Impossible Planet in S2.

Sherwood's forest shows up in Bells of Saint John, In The Forest, and Woman Who Lived.

Castell Coch is the location of the German UNIT base in Journey's End, the Calvierri castle in Vampires of Venice, and a stomping ground of the Cybermen in Nightmare in Silver.

The Doomsday beach also pops up again in Time of Angels and Dinosaurs on a Spaceship.

Neath Abbey is home to UNIT in Power of Three, as well as popping up in Beast Below, The Rebel Flesh and Vincent and the Doctor.

>they looked fine for the first 5 or 6 seasons.
Not really.
They just filmed it through a potato.

I remember someone trying to suggest that this was evidence they were the same person.

This building looks familiar...

As seen on Earth in Last of the Time Lords

Why do the first two series have that weird fucking glow to them that makes them look grainy upscaled?

It was a camera lens/filter that was used in a few stories (not all), but later dropped because the quality was so rubbish. It's very off-putting at times, god only knows why they thought it was a good idea to start with.

>they added spires to it to make it look futurey
Is this just an aesthetic in the future, adding spires to old style buildings

In the future everything will be a parabolic antenna.

youtube.com/watch?v=KGfm8Yafrpk

Unfiltered 50/60hz video can look incredibly cheap. I bet they tried several ways to make it look less like Eastenders and closer to 'film'.

The best way to go about it would've been to get more directors like Joe Ahearne, who knew how to achieve some good results. Don't overlight the sets being a biggie. The Series 1 finale still holds up pretty well today, mainly because of how well it's lit. Compare to the bright look of Doomsday.

It wasn't in HD then either.

All this talk of sets, and nobody's mentioned Time Heist - that one same corridor filmed the exact same, but with a new colour filter just lobbed on to try and distract you.

Lighting is everything. That Skaro set for example, in a deep gloom with a few spotlit areas would probably look much better and maybe even much larger by keeping the far walls in darkness.

literally the cheapest of cheap

i know right?
so many good outfits in s8 and s9
what's your fave?

Definitely.

I get the impression they wanted to hark back to the 60s "minimal" sets, which kinda worked for the Skaro corridors but not for the main control room set. They went for sleek and minimal, and came out with cheap and plasticky. Pretty sure the 60s sets (notably "The Daleks") they were trying to capture the spirit of were also quite dark with gloomy shadows and spotlights, not overlit like this monstrosity.

What?

I ship it.
youtube.com/watch?v=uQZfUCmUOXQ

well the episode was the most forgettable of S8
but that was really cheap

When it's so far apart it's okay. But some sets have been reused as a main setting in two successive series.

I have a soft spot for the tartan skirt and cardigan from TotD and Deep Breath. The Time Heist suit and the Mummy flapper dress stand out too.

Agreed. I never clicked that the Manhattan house was the same as the Tyler Mansion. Yet every time the Temple of Peace pops up, or that circular set, it just makes me groan.

I'm all for reusing locations and sets, and I understand why they do it, but some effort would be nice to really differentiate them. The Trap Street re-dress for Husbands has gotta be one of the laziest efforts in recent times.

The thing is if you do 2001 type white minimalism it has to be of the highest quality and completely convincing to work.
The retro TARDIS seen recently looks like a bloody awful exhibition recreation because that is the standard it was built to. Obviously for budget reasons.
2001 was made in .... 1967/68? The spaceship interiors still look amazing today.

Time of the Doctor outfit combined with Jenna's kinda long hair was so perfect

Yup. I also get the feeling that less is more, but the directors clearly have big scenes to do in the Dalek control room and the Gallifrey archive room (plus the old TARDIS interior), meaning we spend longer in those sets and the flaws become much more obvious.

I didn't like the way the classic Daleks were hidden in shadow in Asylum, but I can appreciate that at least it hid all the flaws. Come Magician's Apprentice though, you can tell some of the Daleks are cheaply built and not built for long appearances in HD.

I had this VHS

That's why I added
>rave reviews
And yes, I know that isn't necessarily mutually exclusive either. But with the combination of both viewers and critics seeming to like it, we can reaosnably assume that the show is almost certainly not
>shitty

Also, I've been watching it: it's pretty good actually.

Yeah but they had to use fan made props once they decided to try and show a city full of Daleks with no money.
Not enough bronze props and can't use paradigm props.
This set would have made the paradigm look even worse. Too big. Too bulky. Can't spin round. Can't go through a normal sized door. What a disaster that design is.

Children of Earth was peak Torchwood.

Miracle Day was 5 eps stretched to 10, then Americanized to death.

It's a massive shame too, that this is the big return of Skaro in its full former glory... and it just looks horribly cheap. As does Gallifrey's interiors. Perhaps they should've stuck to Skaro's bunkers like old times, and lit them darkly.

Also having flashbacks of the awful Victory spaceship set in 2010.

The coffee table was probably originally intended to be CGId out, leaving the Supreme Dalek levitating. BBC budget restrictions, govt cuts etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=kt4_MEsbab4

The Class livestream is giving me Afterparty flashbacks

Diagon Alley re-appears in lots of British TV shows/ films.

There's more to it than overstretching. Pacing was perhaps the least of the actual problems, bad plotting is far more apparent.

Capaldi confirmed in Class

The designers are more like stage set designers as far as I can see.
I also believe less-is-more is often the better route for lo/no budget.
Gallifrey is a bloody disgrace all round. I just don't get the impression much thought is put into creating a unified aesthetic. It's more akin to any-old-shit-will-do than world building.

Can't watch, in the bus station - I presume /who/ will go apeshit if anything noteworthy happens?

The cast telling us why we should care about their characters - HAVEN'T EVEN DROPPED A TRAILER FFS

I wonder how few viewers this is getting?

Is this about Victoria? I'm liking it. Especially since Albert turned up. Rufus Sewell is great but he was a bit wasted in his role, they whitewashed Melbourne too much. The real guy was a philandering rakish old manipulator, although a charming one. The show version paints him as this simplified romantic figure. On the other hand Albert and Victoria are portrayed with many of their flaws intact, he was awkward and kind of a cold fish and she was often a spoiled and flighty brat, but succeeds in making them likeable as well. I do wonder if they will show how much Victoria hated being pregnant though. She thought babies were ugly and froglike and didn't care for them until they became toddlers. They might shy away from that.

Really, I don't care about quality of props, I don't even see flaws that you point out.

Finding all those reuses is amusing though.

I disagree. They would have used a few boxes covered in a green cloth for that purpose.

Vivian is the hottest one

>Vivian
>not Fady

Fady legit looks like a goblin.

Capaldi confirmedo.

1.6k people watching on Facebook at the minute.

I can see the BBC, once again, don't know who to aim their shit at.
This looks like a kids' tv show. Class is supposed to be unsuitable for children and will be on later at night on BBC America.

Gone up to 2.2k. Wonder if the Capaldi thing gave it a bump.

>tfw not a con guy but Karen is coming to your local con on May

What do I do /who/?

twitter.com/bbcclass/status/779345053605105665

I'm too slow, it's gone above 3.3k now.

Who wants to come watch it in thorax?
cytu dot be/r/ThoraxTime

Sophie a qt

FFS they gave Tom fucking Dix a shout out

>I swear Doctor Who only ever uses two castles too.

Yeah, Cardiff and Caerphilly Castles.

got to keep the groupies happy

Gareth Roberts Class episode confirmed!!

Really?

>so much blood we felt sick

Oh my god. VNA LEVEL DARK confirmed.

no. All 8 are by PNess

vna level confirmed

:^(

Class on BBC America in 2017....what?

It's the "Mrs.Quill has an Abortion" ep.

America btfo

Then why is this presented like a show for kiddies?

Funny how they have to wait to air it even though they co funded it.

Moffat's "kill me" face.

They seem to be going for a dw/class double header but I assume any fans interested in Class will have pirated it right after uk show it.

"you can't pin her down"

4 words yeah

I have loads of faith in this show

Fady: I have so much respect for Doctor Who fans

kek, guessing he's never been to Gallifrey Base

this is weird. it's like being at a convention for a show I've never seen

Or reddit, or tumblr, or here.

>tfw technically new 12 content in only a month's time

GET HYPE FOR MORE CAPALDMAN

'Epic', 'Heartfelt', and 'Awesome'

Why isn't the fan show host hosting this?

200 tickets for a preview screening like 2 days before in Shoreditch.

>Probably budget cuts due to the show getting worse ratings than in the first five or six seasons.

Funnily enough, s8 had higher average L+7 ratings than s1-7. Things were looking rosy for Who. (Emphasis on the 'average' here).

Then ratings inexplicably fell off a cliff at the start of s9.

>yfw it is a flashback and lasts 5 seconds.

We better get a fucking trailer at the end of this shit show

bbc.co.uk/programmes/p048h1bz

lol nope.

Comic Con. They're dragging it out.

cringed so hard when the skinny white twink dabbed

twitter.com/bbcclass/status/779349655083769856

Episode titles announced

>for tonight we might die

Not even a clip?!

they were leaked

Why is she so perfect?

>Then ratings inexplicably fell off a cliff at the start of s9.

Immediately after Santa Claus. 'Same old same old', Daleks again, Missy not dead....

she's actually a whore, she slept with her manager to get the job

Is that the Series 8 costume?

Why do you say that, cats?

>The retro TARDIS seen recently looks like a bloody awful exhibition recreation

Kek. It was. They filmed it at The Doctor Who Experience exhibition in Cardiff.

Premiere is exactly 10 years after Torchwood premiere. Bravo BBC.

>mfw people tried to claim the sunnies were finished

Moffat's probably done that to spite Barrowman following his recent comments

ywn

Yeah that is exactly what I said you dick.

I wish they'd think these promo shoots through more.
>One guy power walking
>two girls jogging
>Fady attempting flgiht

Audience feedback obtained by the BBC says people generally found 12 too mean and unlikeable in S8. My guess is a portion of the audience who felt that way but stuck it out for his first series decided not to bother with his second. The marketing department also failed spectacularly to promote it. No new companion or new Doctor to garner interest either may have been a factor, at least Moffat thinks so. And airing it up against the rugby didn't help. Seems like a perfect storm for falling ratings. Surprising they could fuck up this badly.

The constant two-parters may have been a bit off putting as well.

Those are probably just Capaldi's own pair. He wore them on set for series 8 buy they didn't appear in and episode until series 9. Are there any pics of him wearing them while filming the new series?

has anyone got the class logo without the background?

The buzz pretty much immediately died off when Matt left. I remember checking out tumblr like an hour after Deep Breath aired and seeing maybe 10 posts, most of them about the Smith cameo.

>It’s a new term at Coal Hill Academy, and students are preparing for their Autumn Prom. But when the school comes under attack, four alienated students must form an unlikely alliance to defeat them. And this incursion is only the beginning.

>Charlie (Greg Austin), April (Sophie Hopkins), Ram (Fady Elsayed) and Tanya (Vivian Oparah), assisted by their physics teacher Miss Quill (Katherine Kelly), are charged with a great responsibility by the mysterious alien known as the Doctor (Peter Capaldi) to guard against the creatures of nightmare that want nothing more than to find a way through to Earth and take it for their own.

Why do a livestream before the series airs, without even giving us a teaser clip? That was the biggest waste of 30 minutes, and the cast were just smugly laughing and joking about - and we still have fuck all to really care about.

That's bullshit. It was one of tumblrs most reblogged shows in 2014 just below Supernatural and Sherlock.

>the cast were just smugly laughing and joking about
You mean having fun and being happy? Why is everything smug now?

Audience was lower from the start.

He's lying. Should I remind you he told GirlyLetters off?

Sounds hype.
>tfw 12 will never recruit you

>Why is everything smug now?
Millenials.

Is this Adam?

But they were telling jokes about what happened on set - and we have literally no reason to connect or care, cos we've not seen any footage or clips or anything to even know what they're on about. It all felt very 'exclusive', even shouting out to their Twitter raving Class fans, like it's some exclusive gang.

It was very insular.

12: "Can't be arsed, but you four kids who have never seen tits before, never mind an alien, should be able to prevent an invasion by yourselves"

>not adding Adam in the background to make it look as if they were running away from him
Why?

Hi cats. You'll be here to make the new thread I guess.

Only thanks to all the perpetual Tennant memeing.

So? They did say that they were two parters before they aired. Also the first 7 episodes clashed with rugby.

>never seen tits before
Have you ever met a teenager?

>never seen tits before
>2 girls

Yeah because rugby fans all love dr who right? and they love it so much they couldn't be arsed to watch it on iplayer.
Bullshit excuses.

To be honest I have no idea. I seem to have made this image more than a year ago, and I remember it being /who/ related, but I really can't remember whose visage I distorted to craft that dumb pic

Looks like it's 9's TARDIS. Might be Eccleston.

An archive search suggests it's this, whoever this is.

You sound upset user.

Fuck off copycat. You got nothing on me.

"Ugh, it's turned into Twilight!" #flashbacks

You sound retarded cats

twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/779356075170693120

>talking to yourself

Seriously. Who's gonna watch Class?

I will.

Me. It'll be goat.

Everyone. Just like everyone watched Victoria. Haven't got the time to watch it yet though. Might start this week end.

jenna was in the top ten list of actresses that year, no capaldi though

tennant and smith didn't make top ten but were in top 20

He's completely right. That Josh guy's bio says he is a lover of Class even though there hasn't been a single trailer.

>Weird eyes, open mouth expression reaction pic
>that's cats

>implying tumblr actor list has anything to do with acting

Josh is one of the groupies who hounded the cast through filming, they are a special case.

I think it's a bit sad that Gareth is reduced to sniping at teens though. Young people get sucked into hype campaigns and identify with unreleased things all the time.

Victoriais a period drama. That has broader appeal than a sci-fi spin-off series.

no one implied that, moron

we were talking about popularity

Why did they bring the old Daleks back again? It's cool to see them but it makes no sense, the Daleks constantly improve themselves and these are ancient compared to the bronze ones. Plus the bronze Daleks are the Imperial Daleks after they won the civil war so they shouldn't be all chummy with the older ones minus the Special Weapons Dalek.

>tfw Class is only going to be available on crappy 720p compressed iplayer until they air on TV weeks later.

Series 8 Doctor then?

bbc.co.uk/programmes/p048sh2p

Tennant and Smith are obviously going to be more popular on a site full of teenage girls.

Let's say they're Catholic

Because reasons. Fan-pleasing reasons. Stupid reasons.

New thread

>>

>>

No but it does tell you about the show's popularity with teen normies and most the posts in the twelfth doctor tag are made by the same 5 or 6 people. He barely even registers in the main tag.

>the bronze Daleks are the Imperial Daleks after they won the civil war
I find it hard to believe that any of the civil war alliances meaningfully still exist after not only the Time War fucking reality but everything else since.

The old style ones might be lower in some sort of hierarchy, either that or the Daleks have realised that they could never improve on the original design anyway so they might as well accept their mutual status

Nicely done.

whats this new spin off or some shit they're doing today?

Ha.