en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_science_fiction_television_films#1990s
youtube.com/watch?v=y0gfhSZpjio
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The jews

they look fucking dumb

What are some recent monster movies?

but that's part of the fun

Return of the Aliens Deadly Spawn

You guys remember "the stuff"? It was like a blob ripoff but looked like that creamy marshmallow stuff.

Still here.

They just got bigger with Cloverfield shit and transformed into jump scare spookyness.

Easier and cheaper to just have it be ghosts, possession, regular human, or zombies.

cloverfield is more creature feature than monster horror tho.

this one is pretty comfy, if you like werewolf movies

i heard the mothman prophecies is pretty good, is it more subtle spookiness or do you actually see the monster? im gonna watch it tonight when it gets darker and i get drunker

Attack the Block was fairly recent

The last one I can really remember is Slither.

I mistook that for The Howling series first and wondered if they had remade it.

what's some essential monster movies?

I love The Descent, even tough the monsters are arguably the weakest part of the movie.

That Ghoulies go to College movie fucked everything.

Razorback is pure creature kino

Fozzie Bear out of fucking nowhere.

Krampus was phenomenal, one of the best movies I've seen in years. Based Michael Dougherty

They all went to sci fy. I miss the practical effect stuff. The crazy shit they did in the 80s was already impressive. I wonder what they could do with it now.

>I wonder what they could do with it now.

Just look at what happened with the thing prequel

What's your pic? Anyway, The Blob remake is superb.

like clockwork you fucking cuck

What happened was the people who own the TV stations and movie studios chose to deprecate it, and the people who own the TV stations and movie studios are the people on this list:

thezog.info/list-summaries/

Also, if you want to know how the people on this list got to be where they are, start reading at page 12 in this book:

prometheism.net/library/jewishsupremacism.pdf

Terrorvision

just downloaded this. Should I wait to watch it during Xmas or Halloween?

they are the weakest but that film is pure horror kino. Very good build up in character dev and constantly tense situations. Rewatched it again after 8yrs and was shocked at how well it still holds up today.
2nd one was shit and shouldn't exist.

DIDN'T MEAN TO CALL YOU MEAT LOAF, JACK

They showed too much in the trailers IMO.

>Ugh. Where do they come up with this stuff?

>that bit when Krampus is jumping from roof to roof chasing the girl
so GOAT

Christmas Eve

>muh elephant gun

Well I'm autistic so I don't like magic or things that don't make biological sense, so that really limits me on what kind of monster movies I can enjoy.

The Thing is good.

CGI and irony happened to monster movies.

CG killed it.

>I don't like things that don't make biological sense
>I like the thing
I love that movie, but the thing is pants on head retarded in any practical sense.

Scream
The Blair Bitch Project and
The Ring

ruined horror forever. Now we can only have ghost shit, found footage and "le self aware horrors,"

you realize morphing makes no sense right?

>The name's Mo Rutherford.

that kid and that guy where some of the coolest protagonists in any monster film i have ever seen.

>tfw youll never get to fuck any of the prime tail in that movie.

Medusa
the mom
the daughter
the swinger chick

Can I have a piece of toast?

>tfw you still check the toilet for motherfucking ghoulies before you sit down

Digging Up The Marrow

I just watched this the other night.

Wouldn't call it a blob rip-off. It seemed to be taking a jab at American diets.

it went to netflix

Who /katahdin/ here?

...was awful and made me lose interest in any of Adam Green's future projects.

I didn't like the ending.

HOLY SHIT, YOU'RE CHOCOLATE CHIP CHARLIE!

machael moriarty was goat

also all of larry cohen's movies are good and a few are creature features
>it's alive
>Q the winged serpent

my brains are throbbing

People only care about things that can threaten the entire planet.

The Descent was fucking great. I bought it on bootleg in Ecuador for 1$. Only bootleg that wasn't shot in the movie theater

>Q
Where did that movie get off being so good?

And does the top of the Chrysler Building really have just a dusty attic?

The monster in Stranger Things sucked.

>His fucking roar
Honestly that sound byte made the movie for me

>the stuff
Love that movie. Underrated.

I actually tittered aloud. Well done.

Freaking loved Grabbers.

And The Host.

*stranger things sucked
fify

And Splinter.

does this fall under creatures or giant bugs?

Not sure how many people know it, but I thought Deep Rising was fucking great. It was underbudget and the monster's design was obviously bad CG, but the idea behind it and the whole setting was fucking A+

This is the only good thread left on Cred Forums

kill me

>You guys remember "the stuff"?

it was a fucking comfy 80s horror movie. they would always ar it on tv very late (kid late, like 01:00) so that added to the suspense.

i recall it had a very clear social commentary, like people would become addicted to some alien substance and the guys selling it just wouldnt stop, even if it was lethal.

>that whole scene in the theater
It was so ridiculous I couldn't help but laugh most of the time. I still can't believe they didn't play "Werewolves of London" during the credits.

Cabin in the Woods had some cool monsters too. Man I really like a good movie monster.

Everyone became a pussy who tries to act like they're scared by the atmosphere when in reality they're just a big ol wuss who can't handle a monster on screen.

Saw that one, fuck the obligatory douche bag, he was even douche baggier than the average douche bag. Didn't like the ending. What's his name with the molatov was a fucking champion though, he made the movie.

>Razorback
I imagine Dicko and Benny behind every Aussie shitpost.

>Cabin in the Woods

thats a meta movie, it doesnt matter what monsters it had. its all ironic.

It doesn't matter that it's ironic, it still had cool monsters (that were severely underused but w/e)

They looked like shit. The elevator scene is awful.

Oh shiiit, the mutated bear thing one?
I remember thinking of watching it but watching Grizzly instead.
Grizzly is pretty fun, for a Jaws cash grab it's fantastic. Best part was the 'Nam vet who randomly starts talking about war stories and wanting to fuck women despite being a lanky cowboy.
>mfw he ran out of ammo and held his rifle like a bat to fight the 12 tall bear

anyone seen Pete's Dragon? not horror obv but I liked the dragon and the movie in general.

I watched this ages ago because I kept telling my mom how dudes with one arm are badass.
I missed the entire first half, thinking of re-watching it.

Grabbers
Tremors 5
couple various werewolf movies that I can't name off the top of my head

oh yeah Tremors 6 has been announced.
According to how much you liked Tremors 5 you'll either love the news or hate it.

Personally I didn't hate Jamie Kennedy in it and him and Micheal Gross are gonna be in 6

The Stuff.
I never see it on cable, but they air everything else every dammed week every dammed day.

Practical monsters are out of style (at least for studios) and CGI still looks like crap. Both are deemed 'too expensive' to use for an entire film.

they looked like shit. the pinhead ripoff was lame as fuck.

Giant bugs ARE creatures/monsters. I count giant animals killing an abnormal amount of people as monster movies.
This is the shit, really fucking fun, kinda like The Mummy to be honest if it was a bit darker.

Posting underrated monsterkino
>German Shepherd defends his boy and owner from a family member turned wolf
>Gory werewolf movie meets Old Yeller but somehow manages to not have weird tonal shifts
>GET THE FUCK OFF MY SON

They still make them, didn't you watch Ghostbusters? Scariest monster i've ever seen.

remindss me of: youtube.com/watch?v=XHTc5n8aY-g

I love werewolf movies so I'm gonna check that out.

>doesnt even mention Muriel Hemmingway

I've seen it at least 4 times and it has held up very well. Based Wiggum and one of my favorite creature designs (and reveals) of recent years.

>whatever happened to monster horror?

Mankind was the real monster, all along

just realized this might come off as me making fun of you guys if you are not aware of the remake

Elliot looks REALLY goofy in some still images but it works in movement imo

Monster horror needs a reinvention like how slashers are treated nowadays. Like seeing it partly from the creature's POV like Predator and actually have the characters act intelligent and reasonable to no avail.

Definitely bring back practical effects. I just saw Fright Night Part 2 and Regine's monster footage looks way better than the CGI shit today.

Remember how Cred Forums thought up of a Fridat the 13th set in winter and how visually aesthetic. it would be? Let's try to imagine how we can take old school monster flicks in the 21st century.

Werewolf Movies
>Howling
>Howling 3 (for hilarity purposes
>Howling 5 Rebirth
>American Werewolf in London
>Project Metalbeast
>Ginger Snaps series
>Big Bad Wolf
>Game of Werewolves
>Howl

General monsters
>PumpkinHead
>Chupacabra Dark Seas
>Jack Brooks Monster Slayer
>Tremors series
>Prophecy 1979
>Ticks
>Mosquito 1995
>Deep Rising

Aliens
>Critters series
>The Thing
>Terrorvision
>Grabbers

Reptiles
>Lake Placid
>Anaconda
>Dinocroc
>Alligator 1 and 2
>Crocodile (2000)
>Bloodsurf

Shitton more I know im forgetting

this.

in the current year, literally the worst monster ever is the racist white male bigot.

What about The Howling IV? Or do you consider that plain bad (which it kinda really is).

This legit got me into monster movies. I was only 8 years old and my father had taken me to see this movie twice because I loved it so much. Fuck the haters, this movie was dope.

Be prepared for the best doggo in all of horror.
>Werewolf Movies
>Doesn't mention DOG SOLDIERS
Honestly Dog Soldiers is my favorite werewolf movie of all time next to Silver Bullet, which isn't on your list either.
How can you not love the British military fighting some werewolves?
>I 'ope I give ya the shits ya FACKIN' WIMP

youtube.com/watch?v=ozmik_mAMbc
Here's a clip for Dog Soldiers virgins.

Black Sheep is an ironic monster horror (sheep mutant) but the actual monster suit is well made and shot in proper lighting

that's too bad. it might have been a watchable movie if the editor hadn't been on meth

>Bad Moon
>Arachnophobia
>Gremlins 1 and 2
>Watchers series (mileage varies from movie to movie)
>Killer Klowns from Outer Space
>Wishmaster
>Monster Squad
>Ernest Scared Stupid
>Creepshow 1 and 2
>Night of the Creeps
>Maximum Overdrive
>Silver Bullet
>Mans Best Friend
>Evolver
>Primal Force
>Species 1 and 2
>Within the Rock
>The Relic
>Peter Benchleys The Beast
>Peter Benchleys Creature

Another great Irish monster movie: Isolation.

Its not the worst movie ever and certainly not the worst Howling movie ever but its a boring plot, just odd werewolf design, and pretty much rides all enjoyment on Bruce Payne being the villainous purple vampire

>Dog Soldiers
damnit knew I was forgetting something

I've been watching a lot of 80's horror lately and look at something like Silver Bullet; it's a neat adaptation of Cycle of the Werewolf and it holds up well despite not being gory.

There's something definitely missing in contemporary monster films. I can't quite put my finger on it but films from the 70's and 80's actually made you feel dread.

I mean shit, look at Are You Afraid of the Dark, that show was creepy as fuck despite being on Nickelodeon. They were severely limited on what they could air but it was full of tension and good ideas. Like the pool ghost, the monster in the root cellar that would eat people, the vampire that infiltrated a hospital, the spirit of a clown that went after the kid that stole his nose, or the waterlogged zombies that would go after the old guy that salvaged their remains when he sleeps.

Or even The Real Ghostbusters cartoon. The Boogeyman was nightmare fuel and the Grundel was basically a monster with child molester undertones.

is this like tremors?

Not sure where this goes, but Little Shop of Horrors had one of my favorite ones.

In what way?

Well I don't know, I never saw it. That's why I asked

>Bats
>King Cobra
>Bug Buster
>Deep Blue Sea
>various Piranha movies
>Humanoids from the Deep
>Dagon

It references the Tremors movies in various ways, especially with the smorgasbord scene

I'm going to go ahead and answer "no." I mean, it's people against multiple creatures. It is a horror comedy... Not sure how to answer that question, really. But it's fucking great and I highly recommend it. Like it more than Tremors, actually.

it's a cheesy irish tremors knockoff, pretty funny and worth watching

???????????

slightly conflicting answers but idgaf it sounds great and I'll watch it.

Thanks guys

>Humanoids From The Deep

thanks for all the titles

>King Cobra
Man this was my shit as a kid. I took it seriously and was scared, but my uncle and parents would always be really annoyed and laugh at the scene where the protagonist saves the girl.

Re-watched it recently, same reactions as them, never noticed how fucking hilarious it was that the actor DROP KICKED A RUBBER SNAKE HEAD WHILE SCREAMING

I like Otachi and all the other guys form Pacific Rim, wish there were more colorful monsters

thought of a few more gems
>Arachnid
>Abominable
>Survival Island
>Eight Legged Freaks
>Not of this World 1991 tv movie
>Feast and to a lesser extent Feast 2 and 3

If anyone knows which of the bigfoot movies are any good feel free to chime in.
Seen em all but they all kinda run into a blur trying to think of which is good and terrible

>Survival Island
user....

disappointed it never got a sequel.

>Giant intelligent aggressive King Cobra/Rattlesnake hybrid named Seth
>never killed
you'd think something like this would be a franchise worthy monster

the one with the killer pinata

>Ctrl+f matango
>nothing
PLEB

>which of the bigfoot movies are any good
Sorry to say, none of them.

But we're not talking about you. GET FUCKED I CALLED YOU DUMB THAT'S RIGHT FUCK YOU FEGGET

>dude semi-ironic horror-comedies lmao: The thread

I love the atmosphere in boggy creek

then post something better faggot.

That's all it had...

I suppose a case could be made for The Fly as as monster movie. Cracking film, in any case.

Gotta love the Basket Case movies. Part 2 surprised me. Lots of creative freak designs and very good cinematography.

there was one that ended with the bigfoots killing all the guys and abducting the women for reproduction that I remember being decent that was made sometime in the late 2000's early 2010's

>girl escapes getting caught
>almost makes it to the road and to freedom
>surrounded by a dozen horny bigfeet and dragged off to the caves

>I still can't believe they didn't play "Werewolves of London" during the credits.

because every single song in the movie had "moon" in the title

Not even Night Of The Demon? In which bigfoot forces two girl scouts to stab each other or when he rips that one guys junk off.

Sounds kinda hot

Hope somebody knows what it is.

fucking evolver!

that robot lol

>Night Of The Demon
Just added that to my watchlist, thanks.

Oh, and forgot about Dark Was the Night. Was actually pretty good for a random watch on Netflix.

Ghoulies 2 is honest to god Kino

>The Lost Coast Tapes
>not good

Never knew this would be such a comfy thread. Thanks everyone.

Waxworks is one I dont see often mentioned the premise is great and it has some cool effects.

You heard me. It was BAD. And I watch a lot of bad horror films.

Xtro, however is not one of them, and hasn't been mentioned yet.

Humans with the wrong ideologies are the real monsters.

I think you mean WHITE humans

Did you and I once have a dick waving contest about who had seen the most obscure pre-90s horror?

Uncut version is finally coming out on Bluray this October, so a good rip may be available around then.

>Watchers series
>Ernest Scared Stupid
>Night of the Creeps
>Silver Bullet
>The Relic
>Creature
>Bad Moon
I love you
>Primal Force
BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS FOR SO LONG THANKS SO MUCH!

2011 Boggy Creek movie

youtube.com/watch?v=cW2mX5RjAR4
Skip to 1:21 if ya wanna see the blonde try to escape before the end

Doesn't ring a bell, but I'd be happy to now. I would never claim to have watched the most, but I have seen a bunch. There are people on the IMDb horror board that make me look like a pleb though.

Let's mot forget Mosquito, although I always called it 'squiter or 'skeeter. I think one of the hick side characters called them that so it stuck, a lot like how I'd pronounce Ricki Ticki Tavi with a thick British accent and moan the aaaahvi

Hahaha that looks so shit. Thanks for finding it.

Best line from that movie

>you're not as dumb as you look
>NO ONE'S as dumb as I look

I better not. My phone battery is low and I'm the equivalent of the boss at the end of the training level of an RPG.

Still, here's three:
Devil Monster (40s, DO NOT WATCH)
Satan's Black Wedding (Comfy)
The Naked Witch (Not too bad or naked)

theres Mosquito with the giant mosquitoes created by alien blood

Then theres the movie Skeeter with giant mosquitoes created by toxic waste

R-Really?!
I had no idea, thanks!
I was wondering why there were scenes missing in Mosquito. I definitely saw them both.

Never heard of any of those. Dang, you mean really obscure. Here's my list. I think I rate pretty harshly, so I'd feel OK about recommending anything with a 7/10 or above, even though I still enjoyed the 6s... Sommarens tolv månader is fantastically chilling and has a hard sci-fi edge I respect. Peace out fellow horror nerd.

one thing about mosquito monster movies is they all have similar sounding names
>Mosquito
>Skeeter
>Mansquito
>Mosquito Man
>Sucker

Thanks, man.

Oh, and make Wild Beasts a priority. It's a wacky Italian horror about PCP getting in a zoo's water supply and the animals getting lose. So bad it's great.

Exists is OK.

Willow Creek is decent if you're actually into bigfoot research.

Here's one that's always overlooked.

The Burrowers.

A good suspenseful creature feature set in the wild west.

I remember seeing a movie on Sci Fi years ago, it had like a Giant green monster, with two babies, and I remember a waterfall scene with a kid and the baby, and then the ending scene was the monsters and a boat. Can anyone help me out?
Also, I remember another movie where this town was infested with these smaller monsters, and at one point the main character burns a bar down, and I remember he got sick from one and collapsed in school. Been looking for these for years.

>The perfect set design and practical effects
>A surprisingly great cast
>Main kid isn't a detestable piece of shite
>The ending
>That fucking ENDING

the ending was the only good part of this, its daring bleakness redeemed the whole shitty, generic, boring, dumb film

>that jack-in-the-box

1st movie heavily sounds like the 1998 movie Gargantua.

Don't remember much about it since I probably ain't seen it since I was 15 but from what I remember
>takes place on a populated tropical island
>said monsters come up from a deep water trench
>1 or 2 parents and at least 1 baby
>ends with the parents and babies going back into the trench and the family of main characters blowing it to make sure they stay where they're supposed to

and yep heres an image of the kid and baby monster at a waterfall

That's it. Thank you so much.

reason you probably couldn't find it was because it was one of those made for tv movies that played on Fox/NBC/CBS in the 90's

Scifi Channel replayed a fair amount of em through the 90s but after about 06/07 they just completely fell off the radar along with mostly everything else for syfy channel original movies

>Gargantua
>Peter Benchlys Beast
>Peter Benchlys Creature
>Not of this Earth

trust me I hunted for 10 years to find out the name of Not of this Earth about the alien that absorbs energy and kills people, growing bigger with every bit of energy it absorbs

It's on youtube btw

Man the creature effects do not hold up

To be fair for late 90's straight to tv budget it was very nice

>Exists is OK
Yeah, it's been on my radar, but I haven't been able to muster up the gumption to watch it. Wonder if it's the one that spoiled.

And Them! was actually pretty good.

Is their like a list of all of those made for tv movies? I bet theirs so many of them that I don't even remember but man I used to watch those all the time when I was younger.
Yeah I found it. Sure doesn't hold up one at all.

When I was a kid I used to call that movie, "The M"
Since the M was so far away from The.
Parents had a good chuckle correcting me.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_science_fiction_television_films#1990s

>"The M"
I could see myself doing the same.

my favorite 50s bug movies:

The Black Scorpion
Deadly Mantis
Beginning of the End (good for a laugh mostly)
Tarantula

Not a bug movie but I recommend The Creature Walks Among Us (3rd movie in Black Lagoon series). I liked it much better than even the first Creature film. It's a lot different and more subtle and has a really cool monster rampage, plus you really feel for the Creature.

>Only 1 mention of Gremlins
I get you guys are going for the more hidden gem kind of movies but what the fuck. This movie launched tons of rip offs like Critters and Hobgoblins. Probably one of the best monster movies for it's blend of light heartedness and spook factor

It's an alien. Alien life can come in many forms. It may even have been engineered. By not making biological stuff I mean organisms that arne't physically possible or are from Earth but could never ever have evolved here.

Mimic is fine too.

>makes no sense
That si going too far. It makes physical sense. Also it is alien so it is allowed to be strange.

I'd have a problem if it could break physical laws like levitating or if it was supposed to be from Earth.

Nice, thanks. Wow, I really enjoyed the first CftBL movie, so will def check that out.

And in the same vein, I enjoyed Infestation way more than I expected to, especially for a sci-fi channel film.

>the jaws on the poster are actually a small part of the creature's tongue
It's very clever actually.

Matango is the most tedious movie I have ever watched. The plot moves at a snails pace the characters are all dicks who argue about every minor inconsequential decision..

The mushroom people themselves are fantastic and genuinely creepy but they make up at most fifteen minutes of screen time

fuck that movie

CGI killed it.

GRABOIDS?

I always thought The Ruins was a better movie than it had any right to be.

as a jewish person who acknowledges that jews are running the industry and that they're nepotists - but is not a nepotist or a particularly skilled businessman himself, as are many others with my background...

May I ask if you hate me, being that such tactics are not inherent to genetics but to culture? Or do you simply hate the guys in your posted circle?
I understand if you'd never want to be my friend - knowing my team's history. But do you categorically hate my people and wish for their extermination, or are you simply waiting for a paradigm shift?

If the former, why? What dirt do you have on us that your own race would never be guilty of playing in? Why are we worthy of extinction while you are not?

>when Spoon goes ape shit in the kitchen
Probably my favourite scene from any film, tbqh.

Also, anyone who has this on DVD, watch it with the cast audio commentary. I used to be one of those people who would watch the film, then watch it again with commentary -not so much these days- and Dog Soldiers has one of the funniest fucking commentaries out there. Pure banter.

Not the guy you're responding to, but I don't like you. Why? Two words -yours: "My people."

Being jewish doesn't make you an asshole, but having the, "I'm in the club," mindset does.

GOAT

I gib you guice ten dollas fo dis!

>Feast

Mah niggah. Didn't know they made sequels, are they fun and self aware like the first one?

When you become an adult you stop checking under your bed for monsters and start checking for people.

Piranha 3D and the sequel.
Pretty fun movies if you like bombastic gorefests.

I love the growling between canines in the kitchen. And my DVD has the producers' commentary. There are at least three different ones out there. Just Neil on the US BD, and the cool one you have. AFAIK it's just on UK and AU DVDs. Can you post the cover?

And I'm starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel but The Day of the Triffids (1981 TV Mini-Series) was watchable.

Piranha 3D was legit fun.
3DD was fucking garbage and I'm pretty sure it gave me cancer.

Werewolf Beast Among Us

It has been a few years but I remember being rather impressed by it. I think it was mostly practical effects too.

Piece o shit. The whole theatre gave up half way through and started laughing at how stupid it was

Late Phases
Another recent werewolf movie that didn't suck. It is a odd premise and slow but I liked it. About an old blind vet that gets put into a retirement community that happens to have a werewolf in it. Same people that did Stake Land which is freaking awesome and I haven't seen it mentioned yet.

GOAT thread

Agreed.

However there are people in this world who have no problem lumping you together with everyone who came out of your area of the genepool, sometimes in the context of extermination.

It doesn't matter what your personal mindset is if you plan on responding to that in any way.

So you have no reason not to like me, faggot.

fun fact:

hero in Dog Soldiers is Soap McTavish in the Modern Warfare games, captain is (obviously) alfred in gotham and teh director did the Descent (and the Castle Black battle in GoT)

Dog Soldiers makes me happy all over

SyFy Channel stole it all and has done nothing but produce literal garbage with it since.

A scene of pure Kinography.

youtube.com/watch?v=y0gfhSZpjio

How is Mansquito? I know Syfy likes to boast about that.

Also, anyone fans of FaceOff?

the zombie vet big ben scared the shit out of me, i was perhaps 6 or 7 though when i watched it.

Mothman is subtle, i think you only see it at the end, but its been a while.

This is honestly the most contrarian shit posted on this entire site.
Fuck you bitch.

lets just say they aren't as good as the first.

you'll either enjoy em for the shittyness or hate the ever loving fuck out of em, their tends to be no middle ground.

werewolf movies tend to hit in waves and when they hit it just tends to be a shit ton of em.

just in the last couple years we've had
>Late Phases
>Howl
>Wolfcop
>Game of Werewolves
>Wolves
>Blood Moon
>When Animals Dream
>Wer
>Werewolf Rising
>Crying Wolf
>UnCaged
>Big Bad

Oddly enough its been more good werewolf movies than bad lately.

Ain't managed to see When Animals Dream though since its Norwegian and I can not find any copy of it subbed or dubbed for shit

My little sister went pale as a ghost and wide eyed at this scene which was quite strange despite her age she's normally very good with horror movies and this bordered on light hearted horror at times. She's 11 and we've kept up the santa charade so I guess she must have been quite disturbing. hopefully this hasn't ruined her next few christmases...

This is an amazing movie. My brothers and I got in trouble becuase we kept re buying it in pay per view.

The Gate has some good monsters. Rawhead Rex is cool.

you are so gay :3

>mfw I've got my tickets preorderd for this at the Alamo theater

Can't fucking wait

Never Cry Werewolf

Slowly but surely im compiling a list, granted their still all kinds of shit missing

General monsters
>PumpkinHead
>Chupacabra Dark Seas
>Jack Brooks Monster Slayer
>Tremors series
>Gremlins 1 and 2
>Watchers series (Mileage varies from movie to movie)
>Wishmaster
>Monster Squad
>Ernest Scared Stupid
>Creepshow 1 and 2
>Maximum Overdrive
>Pinata Survival Island
>Feast and to a lesser extent Feast 2 and 3
>House 1 and 2
>Rawhead Rex

Werewolf Movies
>Howling
>Howling 3 (for hilarity purposes
>Howling 5 Rebirth
>American Werewolf in London
>Project Metalbeast
>Ginger Snaps series
>Big Bad Wolf
>Game of Werewolves
>Howl
>Dog Soldiers
>Bad Moon
>Silver Bullet
>Late Phases
>Howl
>Blood Moon
>Never Cry Werewolf

Nature
>Prophecy 1979
>Ticks
>Mosquito 1995
>Arachnophobia
>Mans Best Friend
>Primal Force
>The Relic
>Peter Benchley's The Beast
>Peter Benchley's Creature
>Bats
>Bug Buster
>Abominable
>Eight Legged Freaks
>Primal Force

Aliens and/or Robots
>Critters series
>The Thing
>Terrorvision
>Species 1 and 2
>Within the Rock
>Grabbers
>Killer Klowns from Outer Space
>Night of the Creeps
>Evolver
>Not of this World 1991 tv movie
>Arachnid
>Predator 1 and 2 (Predators optional)
>Alien and Aliens (Alien 3 and 4 optional)

Reptiles
>Lake Placid
>Anaconda
>Dinocroc
>Alligator 1 and 2
>Crocodile (2000)
>Bloodsurf
>King Cobra

Water
>Deep Blue sea
>various Piranha movies
>Humanoids from the Deep
>Dagon
>Deep Rising

More will be added later but heres the list so far.
Any help to compile a list of good vampire shit be my guest.

most people grew into thinking it's "stupid" and so it isn't widely in demand.

people like being afraid of rape and murder that leads into confusion, that's what you'll find the most of.

i like the monsters more but that's me.

It was great up until the very end, when they revealed the giant cg koi goldfish that was controlling the tentacle/worm things
I would've liked it a whole lot better if it was just an infestation of those worms themselves

Kevin Sorbo AND Nina Dobrev? I'm in!

it is a surprisingly fun movie

Its kinda got that feel of a 90's nickoloden movie but with blood and guts and boobs and Kevin Sorbo

You're thinking of the actual movie, Skeeter. It was the one with the rednecks
Also the giant puppet mosquitos that was fucking awesome

Why do I never hear anyone talk about Feast? I haven't seen 2 or 3, but the first one is fantastic. Might be one of the most underrated horror comedies of the last 20 years.

>Patrons locked inside a bar are forced to fight monsters.
sounds like kino

Died with practical effects

>and boobs
I'm assuming not Dobrev's

The Feast series is sort of a guilty pleasure of mine
The creatures look great, and theres so much over the top blood, gore, piss, vomit and cum everywhere it makes me laugh
I think it went under the radar for a lot of people because of the direct to dvd release.

>that gif

not so kino after all, smhdesu

underrated

>228posts
>no one mentions REC and Quarantine

>no one mentions garbage

You're right :^)

>Two words -yours: "My people."
But you see this line of thought from lots of groups. Black people often think that way, white people often think that way...

>go to sleep
>wake up an threads still here

I love it when that happens.

Good movie with a "Rear Window" type of vibe and a couple good kills and jumpscares

you do realize you were supposed to laugh at it right? Or are you one of those retards who thinks the Gremlins movies are straight horror films?

Ok, about monster horror.

>Movie that had monsters with tremendous amounts of teeth in a basement.
>Escape the house.
>Huge version is coming up through ground.
>The End

What was the name of this movie anons? I want to rewatch it for nostalgia.

Best thread I've seen in a while.

It's a rare gem in a sea of shit.

>Mosquito
that movie is fucking disgusting, I'll never watch that shit ever again

Does anyone remember this movie? I've been looking for it for a long time.

deadly spawn

sounds like tremors

Love this movie, comfy as fuck
>perfect B-Movie cast
>cool monster (despite CG)
>prime famke
>great one liners
>awesome music

Stephen Sommers really knew how to due movies that were pure fun

is that the one where they go to college

A shame the sequel hook it had will never come into fruition.

Gremlins

Howling 2 has a werewolf orgy. One of my first boners.

No. They were at a carnival.

>implying they weren't on the island from LOST at the end.

Brain Damage is another great 80s monster movie. Good on ya

Are there any good monster movies where the male and female leads fall in love over the course of the movie? This is one of my favorite things ever: battling monsters and falling in love

It was a great movie. 2 is absolute dogshit.

I think Tremors kind of does this but not too overtly

also: you soppy bastard, user

>Truth

We are talking of monster movies not zombie like movies.

WTF! I love Lost now.

It does happen in Howl but it doesnt last.

That was my first thought when LOST was just starting. The wide shot of the jungle moving as something crashes through it is almost identical. Of course since only 5 people including myself saw deep rising, they all thought i was crazy.

that's pretty much what all horrors can't do well is nail the ending.

The Deadly Spawn?

Fuuuck I remember watching this as a kid and I loved it. Forgot all about it until now. Thanks man.

this shit was a kids movie and I might've enjoyed it if I saw it when I was 12 instead of 26

it's a good kids horror movie.

>KaijuKino/Monster Horro rebirth
Anno is doing Gods work. Only a few more weeks until this Kino is on the big screen

It's just a fun homage to Joe Dante. Stop hating fun

surprisingly fun

Only because you didn't get go up watching showa godzilla as a child. That child was magical gold that made me fall in love with monsters fighting other monsters while wrecking stuff.

Monster movies rely on good design, which doesn't really exist these days

Fucking TBS would always have a godzilla marathon every year. I miss it.

Cred Forums should do a godzilla stream some day. Id love to watch this shit with you silly faggots.

You guys like Slither?

3 of the top examples are capeshit

dat ending tho

The Deadly Spawn

Looks like they reused the monster from The Village and put a Santa costume on it.

The genre was I suppose of interest in the 50s maybe because of interest in science and space and the future, the cold war, nuclear war paranoia (and all that accompanying stuff about the id / mankind's inner monster etc).

It returned and really peaked in the 80s because practical monster effects peaked then, combined with that 'fun', spectacular approach to movies after Lucas and Spielberg.

Haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but I'm assuming others have probably mentioned CGI being a factor in killing monster movies. If anything there were attempts at more monster movies for a bit because of CGI's supposed potential - Jurassic Park being the first and most successful, but I think otherwise the general consensus is that CGI monsters are usually stale and underwhelming, lacking in presence and impact and physicality. Godzilla and King Kong remakes have failed to start any phenomenon, and we don't really have any meme monster movies like in the 80s now... some demon stuff maybe some but it's not something where it really features the monster's appearance so much as being the hook.

contribootin' with Danish teenage sci-fi horror

In the '30s Universal monster movies took off because that's pretty much all they had. To that audience, a guy in a spooky suit was absolutely terrifying. That initial run of b/w monster movies is memorable for the makeup and comfy-creepy atmosphere. Every monster lover is horrified yet hypnotized by these films as a kid.

In the 40s RKO got Val Lewton to make a bunch of really cheap (150k each) horror movies. He didn't have enough money for effects so the films rely on psychological horror, paranoia, and ambiguity and are remarkably innovative and effective because of it. Lewton saved RKO from bankruptcy after Citizen Kane bombed and BTFO'd Universal horror into extinction. He created a new genre of horror films that still hold up incredibly well today, unlike the 30s monster movies that have their charm but are just not scary.

So despite titles that conjure images of monsters, the 40s was a relatively creatureless decade. As you said, though, the 50s was a whole different story, especially with the advent of the drive in and needing cheap schlock to get teens in there.

The 60s was more of a "serious" decade for mainstream horror, but in the 70s the Italian influences finally get to America and early slashers and things pop up. Cheesy, sleazy, gory and fun. Sometimes genuinely disturbing. Jaws kickstarted the "animal monster" genre for the most part and there are tons of copies of it (some very good - Orca - but many pretty bad). The animals got boring so then we started in on mutated animals, still a thing to this day (just look at shitty Syfy shark movies).

I think practical effects boomed in the 80s because everything else did, too. Corporate corruption and a life of indulgence led to backlash from filmmakers. In a way, these monster and gore movies are like punk music. They do horrible disgusting things that say "fuck you" to the establishment and they make their shitty movies no matter what and it's all a lot of fun and sometimes beautiful art.

In the 90s things got cheaper so most horror is straight to video (some of which are very good, look up Castle Freak) or weird kitchsy 90s shit. Scream is a blast of course but it's totally unique, especially for its era. Instead of evolving into a more hardcore form of film like punk music did (for better or worse, not a huge fan myself) horror retreated a bit. Then Blair Witch comes along and throws the world for a loop.

I honestly can't tell you much about post-2000 horror because very little of it has been interesting to me. There are plenty of gems, mostly throwbacks to past trends and a few truly original works, but I just have not seen much besides the thins I know I will be interested in.

CGI has killed monsters, yes, but so have current horror trends. Haunted houses and possessions, that's pretty much it these days. I don't get it

>Dark Was the Night
Just watched it. It was actually quite good up until the ending.

TBS Day of the Dinosaurs marathons, $5 says you'll never find a commercial advertising it.
>dat feel when Day of the dinosaur commercials with Ric Flair selling cars commercials sprinkled about

Seems no one recorded shit from those marathons and all my vhs copies from everything I recorded were destroyed a few years back

They're cheap, and make money. Pisses me off too, I'm always on the look out for hellish/demonic movies, like with actual demons and such but nowdays everything vaguely mentioning hell or demons, is just possession crap.

>Good vampire shit
The original Salem's Lot miniseries is the best vampire shit I've ever seen, and still creeps me out to this day.

Jeg hader Paprika Steen. Hvem fanden kalder også sit barn Paprika?

Er filmen ok tilgengæld?

>my first Godzilla movies were GINO, Megalon, and All Monsters Attack
>mfw realizing that a majority of the things I like now were discovered through some convoluted relation to Godzilla, King Kong, or dinosaurs.

>good vampire shit
Here's everything I've rated a 7/10+. The 6s perfectly start on the next page. Now, IMDb's tag system is user submitted and thus imperfect, so I know there are a couple on there that aren't "vampire movies" and I'm sure it's missing a few.

When are they going to make a pony based monster horror film?

I just remembered a strange one that had pretty good creature designs. Have most of you guys seen Night Breed?

Night Breed is fun.

Oh, in terms of space horror, I really liked Pandorum. The trailers for it were terrible so I ignored it when it came out a few years ago. But then I sat down and watched it and was really pleasantly surprised. I hadn't seen a space movie geared like that since maybe Event Horizon, though I guess it's a lot more related to Alien.

>The Ruins

YES. Totally passed me by on release. Just happened to be watching BBC one night when it came on, thought it was great. Seen it a second time and it held up.

I'm writing it as we speak, user.

Yeah, that's Deadly Spawn alright.

Yeah, it's a fucking mess but fun.

Watch the directors cut that came out recently, not that 1990 crap.

I heard that made it worse. Is it better?

Sauce? What am looking at here

>not recognizing dat ribcage blade

it's shin

IT FOLLOWS

Mental illness

Avoid this movie like the plague. TRUST ME ANONS.

It's Shin Godzilla. In this film he's basically a large biomass that constantly gets bigger the more things he absorbs. He starts out as a fish like creature after devastating reefs but once he reaches land and absorbs human DNA he begins to grow arms and legs.

Syfy still makes them. They're shit. Bad puppets are more fun to look at than bad CG.

Night of the Lepus

The mist

Is that red Cthulhu?

Anyone seen the movie Dagon? (2001)

Do they show Dagon in the movie or any Old Ones?
Can't find anything on it

GOAT movie

does Syfy ever replay these old movies? I don't think i've ever seen a movie on that channel that was more than two years old

Sort of. It's more adapted from "The Shadow Over Innsmouth." But it does have my Squidfu and is worth a watch.

The 1988 remake of The Blob is great. They get very creative with the various ways The Blob uses to absorb people up until it becomes a giant stomach rampaging through town.

Dagon appears very briefly as a CGI monster. there are no old ones or anything, just a bunch of mutated villagers. the movie is mostly a typical early-00s horror flick. good for what it is, and more atmospheric than is usual for the genre, but don't let your expectations run away with you

been awhile since Ive seen a kid bite dust and die
It was on free movies on my ps4 and was a fun ride to watch

Pics of Dagon?

very very rarely, they used to play em more often but because they have such a retarded amount of syfy channel movies now its hard for em to ever reliably play em all.

Oldest ones that you ever seen replayed the most often are the Lake Placid, Anaconda, Sharktopus, and Sharknado movies, mainly because each one has had like 4 syfy channel sequels

Lotta shit movies but with the occasional gem
>Chupacabra Dark Seas
>Sabertooth
>Attack of the Sabertooth
>Epoch 1 and 2
>Project Viper
>Frankenfish
>Mammoth
>Webs
>Dinocroc
>Deep Shock
>Darklight
>Black Swarm

Thanks again everyone for a great thread.

No, thank you

>yfw this scene

I still don't know how I feel about that movie. It had some great atmosphere, music and visuals, but the story was sooo shit

definitely

One last shill for some great recent monster movies:
gg

Honestly, I couldn't bring myself to care that much. Same with Pacific Rim. If the script is shit, I can't care about the FX that much.

Thanks everyone

Sometimes Cred Forums isn't so bad