90% on RT

>90% on RT
What the fuck how

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KdZFbvOYNMY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ye i don't know why people suck this movie's dick so hard, it was ok

Because most people don't live in a contrarian, "I'm so le edgy, and maybe people will think I have refined taste if I simply go against what's popular!" world like you, kid.

its pretty hokey

first half was great, second half was pure garbage

because people generally have shit taste and what's popular influence the people who critique that shit even if it's just flavor of the month shit which will lead to inflated scores.

Fuck you, your second half is pure garbage.

This

Movie bad

It really wasn't a very good movie, it just touched on the relevant culture memes so people like it.

This

I know, right? Should have been 95%.

Because it's a good fucking movie.

xD

Because it is pure ciné you fuck

Don't deny the Diner scene elevated the movie from a 70% to a 90%.

Me? I'd give it a 4.5/5.

This movie could have been good if it had any self-awareness but everything is played so straight that it isn't any fun at all.

OH ANTONIO
MY ANTONIO

2nd that, it would've been more interesting if he was a true bro to the dead son, doing everything necessary to make his friends family happy and well, instead of "oh im a dollar tree ripoff of jason bourne"

Ok, so first off his accent is fucking ridiculous. It's just AWFUL, like House of Cards bad. It's like he's trying to talk like Foghorn Leghorn.

Second, anything good about this movie is just ripping off Drive. The 80s soundtrack, the color palette, the male sex appeal. But it's not done in a way that's convincing or believable.

Third, the influence from Halloween was just stupid. It wore it on it's sleeve. Drive's influence from Texas Chainsaw Massacre was understated and exotic, the movie was a fucking trip. The Guest was a mess. I give it a justfuckmyshitup/10

I can connect Halloween and The Guest, but TCM and Drive? What?

almost exactly what i thought. a good, tense build up was ruined when it just became a cliched slasher flick with "muh programmed special ops agent" in place of any other demented serial killer trope and all the main characters started making bad decisions to conveniently stay in peril.

also, there's no way the horror maze prom was up to fire code. baka

That's what I mean. The Drive and TCM connection is both understated and exotic. I didn't notice it either the first two times I saw it. But the rubber mask and the intense, exploitative violence make it very intertextual. Gosling's character is paradoxically cute and childlike, yet also reminiscent of a backwoods, hillbilly simpleton murderer. This scene, as well as the vivid sun flare near the ending knife fight make it clear. Refn has explicitly stated that TCM is his favorite movie ever made.

Somewhat related, in Taxi Driver, another Drive influence, Travis Bickle drives past a theater playing TCM, in the famous "FASCINATION" sign scene.

>its a teenager on Cred Forums literally cant comprehend what an homage to 80s action films is episode

SEX

posting best song

youtube.com/watch?v=KdZFbvOYNMY

Damn, Im gonna have to watch them back to back now

neo-80s like this and Drive are better than the actual 80s were

Thanks for keeping an open mind!