Say one good thing about TFA

say one good thing about TFA.

bonus points if it doesn't involve rey in any way.

rey

I thought Adam Driver was good.

People who hate on his character for being a greasy, angsty teenager probably missed the point.

It has amazing cinematography.

Boyega was actually one of the best parts.

What point was that?

Poe and Finn bantz

The fight in the snow between Kylo Ren and Finn, really well shot and even despite being wounded it was clear that Kylo was toying with him.

The spic guy was good

And the ape-looking nigger wasn't that bad

That he was supposed to be a greasy, angsty teenager. The whole point was that he was nowhere near being Darth Vader 2.0; he was just a massive tryhard.

Actually upon further reflection, he kinda was a greasy, ansty emo fag. Sorry my bad.

General Hux did nothing wrong and his sexy Storm Trooper gf was a great addition.

They managed to fit the original characters into the story in a way that felt natural and organic and not "HEY, REMEMBER US? WE WERE ALL IN THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY! REMEMBER THAT??"

I mean, for the most part. Han Solo's introduction felt a little forced, but he was a great character so that makes up for it.

and the whole point is that character sucks and is annoying. terrible choice for a villain. it doesn't matter if he was suppose to be an angsty teenager, that is a terrible idea for a sith villain.

>mfw they recreate Triumph of the Will perfectly

Would you rather a dark, brooding, muscle-bound sith?

there are plenty of options in between and outside those two choices.

Driver was great and the character was perfect. I always imagined Han's son being a dorky loser. Manly, bad-ass guys that love hot rods and shit always get stuck with them. I'm living proof.

He was a pretty great villain, though.
He was competent and legitimately threatening, even after his big, greasy-haired reveal.

And he plugged a problem I always had with the Sith, that being the Dark Side is supposed to be all angry and rash and hateful, and literally every single sith we had ever seen onscreen were dark and brooding and quiet, except for MAYBE Sheev, and even then, only at the very very very very end.

He was exactly what Anakin should have been.

Why does he wear the mask?

you are the equivalent to the little brother who goes YEAH at the wrong time during a movie thinking he's part of the group.

Was that some kind of insult?

>Was that some kind of insult?
YEAH

Fair enough. Now go shill your gay kids flick back on reddit you fucking faggot.

I think Driver was an amazing pick for the character and I doubt it'd have worked as well as it did without him. His intensity is unreal.

I think the movie is largely boring in terms of writing and direction, but the casting is solid (though Ridley is a little stiff) and Kylo Ren is a good character, if in need of fleshing out. What we know of his back story so far makes Luke and Leia both look like unobservant idiots.

His struggles with inadequacy feel genuine given who his parents and uncle are, and it's a solid way of subverting the audience's expectations. They knew they would have tough luck recreating Darth Vader's appeal, so they created a character whose entire motivations lie with the struggle of living up to Darth Vader. It's oddly self-aware for a movie that's pretty boring otherwise.

Agreed. Driver delivered.

It was good when it ended