What was wrong with this movie again?

What was wrong with this movie again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BZ3VQkK6Upo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

People take it way too seriously.
I enjoyed it but there's nothing exceptional about it.
Only major gripe was the overuse of CG.

It never incorporated the more complicated elements of the Civil War story. Also there is like 20 people flying around and throwing glowing virginity balls at each other it is a bit tiring.

>comic books
>complicated

Lazy sets, they don't really put much thought into a cool set design to have the big battle at, so they just have it at a random airport because it's cheap.

Where else would you have such a fight?

Should have been multiple locations instead of keeping most the movie in that one place. This is supposed to be affecting the entire country but the only ones doing anything about it are a dozen people in a single city.

They should be showing fights going on around the country in every city, could have had brief cameos of the netflix characters or just had unknown characters fighting.

youtube.com/watch?v=BZ3VQkK6Upo

it just rubbed me the wrong way. They hyped up the stakes about this film and it was just a damp squib.
This movie was the point I didn't like the marvel franchise, its just the same old boring safe crap.

I thought it was pretty fucking good for a crossover with twelve superheroes. I'm surprised they pulled it off as well as they did

it was decent, but had flaws.

the real problem is critics nd general audience like it, it made a lot of money, so it must be bad.

spider man is the most obnoxious character ever

Marvel movies are popular/successful, so being Cred Forums that means we have to hate him. If you flipped the RT's scores of BVS and Civil War, you'd be seeing half a dozen threads on here every day praising Civil War as "Muh Cape Kino."

AhHahhahhahahahajahahahhahahahja

>shit villain who had a wacky convoluted plan to break up the Avengers (which was kinda BS because Tony and Cap were kinda buddies in the end anyway)
>airport fight scene was nothing more that minor slap fight between friends
>the whole plot could have been resolved by just talking it out. instead cap was "her derr I'll never support the accords" and tony was ""herr derr I'll support everything about the accords".
>we have no fucking idea what the accords consisted of
>Tony goes full retard and attacks Bucky for killing his parents even thought Bucky was under a multibillion dollar terrorist organizations mind control and has no memory of anything.

This

Also the reason why Cred Forums defends the prequels and hates TFA

Captain America and Iron Man were on the wrong sides. Didn't make sense for their characters. Only characters who were on the right side for their characters were Spider-man and Ant Man and neither of them had anything invested in the fight.

From what I saw, it seemed like Spider-Man joined Tony because Tony got to him first. I doubt Peter Parker would even support the Accords.

Same with Ant-Man, it was like they found him and said "ok, bro, you're fighting on team Cap".

That's pretty much how it happens in the comics. Tony doesn't even tell Spiderman what the war is about and practically forces him to join his side since he's a friend and owes Tony.

The story is shit.

They should have had other heroes just come along and fight on either sides in the airport fight.
Like the Netflix characters or even ones not introduced yet.

They couldn't decide if it was a Cap movie or Avengers light.

Nothing.
DC cucks are trying to convince others there is something wrong just because all DCU movies are shit. So the want to make it seem the marvel flicks are bad too.

>Tony doesn't even tell Spiderman what the war is about and practically forces him to join his side since he's a friend and owes Tony.

But none of this was in the movie. He didn't force Peter to join him (in fact, he kinda bribed him). They're not friends, and Peter doesn't owe Tony anything.

I forget why they needed to go to an airport in another country when they already have access to helicarriers in America. Wouldn't it have made more sense to have the showdown at the Avengers HQ?

Spidey never used to be in that scene

>Civil Airport
Seriously rewatch it and you'll realise NOTHING interesting happens until the airport. The actual big fight with everyone was pretty cool despite the quips and nobody being at risk.
The final fight with Cap/Stark/Bucky was pure kino though.

I liked Zemo and thought he was interesting.

No more helicarriers. Last one (Theta) was rekt in Ultron

He was decent but you barely see him for massive chunks of the movie.

Except the best action scene in the movie is when Cap finds Bucky and they fight the police and the ensuing chase/intro with Black Panther.

Here's your answer op.

HAHA marvelcucks your movies are shit made for children

Reminder that Marvel doesn't know how to hire anyone who can shoot a movie

I think the main complaint was that it shat all over bvs

>actually defending comic book Civil War

nigga you crazy, cb cw is goat

Yeah whatever you say faggot, if you actually read comics you'd know Civil War is one of the most maligned comics of this century besides maybe One More Day (itself a comic introduced to retcon civil war)

It has scarjo playing herself

They added his CGI in at the last minute.

Cred Forums is like Cred Forums, they hate the comic for being too popular.

>other people didn't like it
>therefore it is bad

kys

if you spin that argument around it is literally the essence of what the sad bastard evansposter(s) kept doing

>much maligned
>beat me clever

Should have had higher stakes

Should have had a more serious tone instead of a quip-off

Someone should have died (Rhodes got fucked up, I know)

Should have had ties to Infinity War.

Aunt May was too hot...TOO HOT.

Watched this for the first time last night. It was very "meh". Not bad but very safe. The best parts of the film was when they were chasing Bucky and when Bucky escaped. The whole airport scene was dumb. They also made Ant-Man into an idiot. He was funny in his own film but in this one he makes dumb comments like "sure wish I had some Orange Slices right now" as he winks at the camera. Spider-Man was alright. I liked that the Falcon didn't seem like the token black friend tag along this time. His wings acting as a bullet shield and the drone actually made him useful. Crossbones was cool. Wish they didn't kill him off.

he's the cutest character ever

it was soulless

>i never read comics
good for you

I'm done with this Mickey Mouse-tier soap opera drama. It doesn't help either that all the fight scenes are edited by a teenager with Tourette's and Parkinson's, it's as if they want to distract the audience from how shoddy everything looks by waving a flashlight on their face. I couldn't give a damn about any of these sterile excuses for characters. During the airport scene all the artificially-inflated conflict devolved into a child playing with one toy in each hand and bashing them together.

It's riddled with sophomoric and shallow pseudo-political ponderings that are thrown out the window when the quiptastic action starts. They completely disregard for the umpteenth time the collateral damage while they're having fun showcasing their flashy abilities.

The third act pretends to get serious when in reality it turns into a cheap heartstring manipulation revolving around "why didn't you tell me Cap waaa".

This part completely disregards the fact that Stark knows all too well that brainwashing and mental manipulation is a thing, let's not forget that he has witnessed it firsthand with Banner. There's no excuse for him to have such a sudden change of heart other than to extend the conflict for another 15 minutes of mindless violence, and leave the manchildren with the impression that they've just witnessed an intricate revenge tragedy.

All smoke and mirrors, the constant quipping is an effective tool to cloud a fanboy's mind and judgement.

Finally, what's left is an entire team of "world-class" heroes that got fooled by a man wearing a Bucky mask. Not to mention that the villain's stale trope was better executed 19 years ago when Scream 2 came out, ironically, a film satirizing this cliché.

If you don't think this is cartoonish and laughable you might be too young to post on this site.

Never again.