Internet movie critic makes a bajillion videos criticising how directors and writers make thematic and visual mistakes...

>Internet movie critic makes a bajillion videos criticising how directors and writers make thematic and visual mistakes and how they would/should improve the films they review
>Attempt to make a movie of their own
>It sucks

You talking shit about Beyond The Valley of the Dolls?

It's not really the same thing pepe, massive difference in budget, man power, resources etc.

Also the skills that make people good at being critical don't necessarily equate to productive creativity.

The value of art depends on the values of the art critic.
Most art is born as imitation, not innovation.
The critic, not the artist, is the one who defines innovation, and rates it.
The artist is merely a vehicle for the aesthetic/ideology of the critic.
The critic is the real artist.

>Pi Budget: $60,000 (1998)

>Tangerine Budget: $100,000

>El Mariachi Budget: $7,000 (1992)

>Blair Witch Porject: $35,000 (1998)

>Angry Video Game Nerd Movie Budget: $325,327

It's like commenting a chess game. As a spectator on the sidelines you got tons of insight and time to analyse but when you're the one playing the game the pressure of losing will make you lose sight on lots of things.

RLM thread?

I bet you've watched more AVGN content than all those other directors combined though

Scaruffi, go home, you're drunk.

I've only seen his movie, his paperboy review, his big rigs review and the one where he shits on bugs bunny.

Yes some films with a small budget end up having relative amounts of success. Those usual aren't the films critics criticize though.

I'll say that I thought the AVGN was a fun little movie, if you weren't expecting a masterpiece like some people strangely were it was ok. I think James said it best when he said he just loves the novelty idea of a feature length film about reviewing a dumb game. If you look at it in that context he largely succeeded cuck jokes aside.

Good analogy I can watch Fisher and Kasparov all day, but it doesn't give me their innate knowledge of chess, logic, strategy and positioning.

To be fair the only one worth a damn out of "all those other directors" is Aronofsky.

Fucking kill yourself faggot.

grabowskis > spacecop

Everyone who makes films is a critic though.

Nah. Critics speak out publicly about films. Not all directors do that.

Robert Rodriguez has some good stuff.

>I'd like to see YOU do better!

>internet film analyst points out what a Director with a unique style does well
>he then shows work by other directors and claims they are bad
>he suggests that all the other directors should be more like the Director

>Primer Budget: $6000

Speaking of RLM, has there been a progress report on that Plinkett review?

AVGN never claimed he was a movie snob though. He just really likes classic movies.

>meanwhile, at Channel Autist...

How much did Space Cop cost?

Rich Evans' soul.

You know, if someone misses a shot consistently, it's not required for me to make the same shot to be able to voice an opinion on that first guy.

That first guy sucks, I mean it's not like I could make the shot, but it isn't expected of me, it is expected of him since its his job and title. The fact that I would suck too has nothing to do with how much the first guy sucks.

>The critic is the real artist

The funny thing is critics on average make worse films than the films they criticize.

I just finished watching Tangerine.
I still can believe that was made on a string with a fucking phone camera.
Cast was amazing they even had that driver guy from Generation Kill.
Amazing.
Sure there is too much up beat music in the beginning but im glad that fades away because they were pushing it as it was.

>>Internet movie critic makes a bajillion videos criticising how directors and writers make thematic and visual mistakes and how they would/should improve the films they review

They're just repeating whatever base generalised garbage they were told in film school. All they can do is consult their rule book which is why they completely fail in their own film-making because that's when genuine artistry, creativity and talent is required.

>Reviewers still salty the public didn't watch ghostbusters and watched suicide squad instead
Literally laughing out loud
The internet has made reviewers completely irrelevant

I refuse to watch it because I can't see myself being entertained by a tranny prostitute on an adventure

Nostalgia Critic would be a better example, since he's more of a try-hard funny fag, where as James is pretty laid back. He's a nerdy autist, but he's self-aware enough not to be all up in your face about it.

NC isn't really an autist, but he's still desperate for attention and laughs which is nearly as bad if not worse.
>having nuanced arguments is autistic
Y'got me there, though.

Examples?

You have no idea how funny those bitches are.
I refused to watch it because of the hype it got here because Jay from RLM liked it.
Fuck me was I wrong the movie is great,one day if you ever get over the fact they have dicks you will have a lot of fun.
Pic related girl doesnt have a dick and represents plot twist in the whole movie.

>Angry Video Game Nerd
>We need to hire a humvee
>We need to shoot on location endlessly
>We need expensive CGI
>My wife gets top billing
>It needs a black male lead and a white female love interest
>The nerd shouldn't be the main character or the focus of the film

I could go on but... no

>Internet movie critic nitpicks insignificant shit
>Also fucks dogs

Can you guess who?

That Spoony guy?

>It's a Scaruffi thinks he's a philosopher episode
oh boy

>b-but it's supposed to-to be bad

To be honest the Plinkett reviews have more artistic value than the movies they were made to critique.

No, Adam Johnston from yourmoviessuckDOTorg (yms) the dog fucker who enjoys beastiality

Main thing is, James does not really critic movies, nor does he ever claim to. Even stuff like Monster Madness is more short synopsis, highlights and such to give a first taste of what the movie he is talking about is. He is giving exposure to stuff you may or may not have seen. In a sense James might be one of the most sincere folks doing this sort of review/e-critic thing.
NC on the other hand does try to critic things despite having apparently little knowledge of anything beyond basic writing and the very ground-level of filming or composition. That's why everything he does is some hybrid between a synopsis and a commentary track with poltholes being underlined, etc.

no, no they don't
some fat guy whining in a nasally voice is not artistic

Mike being autistic about Star Wars is not something that has artistic value.
Sure its fun to watch but nothing else.

>he doesn't recognize the pure artistic value of verbally shitposting