When did you stop looking at films like stories and instead just go along with it like an visual experience?

When did you stop looking at films like stories and instead just go along with it like an visual experience?

Year ago or so.

so thats why you adore bvs, neon demon etc

I do not enjoy either director, child.

Why are you treating all films as the same?

haha fag

>an visual

I do both

I merely gravitate towards films that are more interested about visual language.

A couple years ago

although the audio is important too

After I'd heard every human story repeated a dozen or so times. There is nothing left to discover in terms of plot and only visual staging, framing, and editing can create unique new psychic content.

When I saw the Brown Bunny.
>Dat Lensflare

Going to contemporary art galleries just reinforced it though.

I want to just tack on: characters and performance are the most important things to me. Plot is simply a context for the emotions an actor is going through

Cinematography, while serving a framing and rhetorical purpose is really just the icing

i literally did this with man of steel

read a book if you are not interested in the visual language of storytelling

A "visual experience" still tells a story though.

First time I saw Cтaлкep (1979) so 6 or 7 years ago.

You can't be so dogmatic about things.
Also I didn't say I'm not interested in visual language, far from it, I'm obsessed with it: but the thing that excites me the most is a engaging dynamic between two or more actors.

And also is it even possible to tease apart the visual from the performance? Gesture, movement... all tools of the actor, but are non-verbal. Only the most articulate and masterful writers can even begin to emulate that sensation of emotion, of life happening before our eyes.

never. films are stories. or atleast the ones I want tro see are.

if I just want images I go to the art museum. my city has one of the top 10 art museums in the world, with a modern art museum right beside it. both show art films for the admittance.

if you walk into your local cineplex 18 expecting no story, then the jews already have your money.

nice false dichotomy, pleb.

So do you like early cinema more, stuff that's is theatrical giving actors more freedom?

>films are stories. or atleast the ones I want tro see are.
Do you say this about music too?

No, theatricality is the opposite of what I'm talking about. I like microexpressions, hundreds of small gestures.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate theatrical style acting, and it's really fun, but an actor needs to be really fucking charismatic and really dig deep emotionally to make it work.

How about we look at them as audiovisual stories?