How am I supposed to take this movie seriously if every chsracter tries to convince me that this girl is some sort of...

How am I supposed to take this movie seriously if every chsracter tries to convince me that this girl is some sort of perfect, incredible beauty that people would literally kill for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5xillqqt0Y0
youtube.com/watch?v=-7NitmzzZX8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i guess everyone has different taste, but she was supposed to symbolise purity, not plastic surgery, no nothing, just pure straight out da womb beauty.

It's not movie's fault you're a pleb.

she is beautiful with her hair down and minimal makeup

this, took me right out of it desu

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>tries to convince me that this girl is some sort of perfect, incredible beauty that people would literally kill for?

because she is literally perfect, incredible beauty that people would literally kill for

i think the whole idea is that she's not perfect but doesn't try to go the plastic route to be perfect and the other plastic sluts are envious

>she is literally perfect,
she is not that great user

She honestly looks like a baby's head on a tall stick figure.

>not plastic surgery, no nothing, just pure straight out da womb beauty
>without make up she looks like an egg
>only looks good when ridicolously caked up
BRAVO REFN

and she has a pretty unique look compared to every other model with their angular features

This.
What's the difference between make-up and plastic surgery? They're both manufactured kinds of beauty.
What a load of shit movie.

she really is

with that nose? she's not even close to perfect but still she's attractive so leave it at that.

she is great and beautiful and looks "pure" (no need to post the black guy pics I get it) but the movie is just fucking bad, people defending it are reaching as hard as DC fans. Maybe it's because Refn is not a native English speaker so he doesn't realize how fucking awful the dialogues are? Most of the lines literally made me cringe. This is true for his other english language movies as well, but at least in all of those the main character is clearly established to be borderline autismal.

the neck is lewd

Look at any other model. Some look weird as fuck, some look absolutely gorgeous. The same model can look anywhere on that spectrum. I thought Abbey Lee looked a bit off in Mad Max, but in this she looked great. The fashion industry prioritizes a unique look and someone who will look great (or what they define as great for the shoot) with the right makeup and hair. I agree that The Fanning isn't more than an above average cutie, but she looked pretty good in some shots, so I was convinced enough.

>movies homosexuals won't understand

That nose is perfect to kiss.

that is literally the epitome of female beauty

That's Lily Cole

>mfw she single handedly ruined Chloe's career by being a cute blonde teen who isn't a fucking slob

too bad all her movies are shit so all I'm left with is saving a bunch of pics of her

She has a head like a fucking orange

More respect for oranges, asshole.

She looks like a downs syndrome version of Taylor Swift

The dialogue was not supposed to be realistic.

More like the non-slut version of Taylor Swift.

>le it sounds awful and cringey but actually it's good because it's not supposed to be realistic
like I said, reaching as hard as DC fans. What's next, "dialogue doesn't even matter because film is a visual medium"? Refn is a fraud. also Malick

But she is, you fucking dick

>Most of the lines literally made me cringe.
Why does everything make everyone "cringe" these days?

the problem is not Elle, but the beauty of the other women. Refn is a stupid fucking retard so against her she cast literally 2 out of the top 5 currently active models in the world. Fucking why? You couldn't find any struggling wannabe models/actresses in fucking Hollywood to play those parts???

The film is completely self-aware and darkly comedic. This is not a film that is trying to be "immersive".

>"dialogue doesn't even matter because film is a visual medium"

It matters in so far as achieving what it sets out to do. But yes, film is a visual medium and things like "plot" are largely irrelevant. But I guess your retarded ass would disagree with that.

>cast literally 2 out of the top 5 currently active models in the world

?

Bella Heathcote is not a model.

>also Malick

wow

I just realized in this exact moment that she's fucking ugly, goddamn ugly

nice body, yes, but that face, like melted...

shit man

Elle's character is supposed to have some kind of unspoken power that goes beyond just having a "pure" beauty.

She's got problematic issues with her face and a slightly misshapen body, especially for the world of modeling. Her roots are showing and she can't even catwalk properly. Yet she's praised.

The more she is exposed to the artificial lighting the more powerful she becomes. She can't even sleep until she turns on her neon bedlight.

When the three girls start to realize her power, they worship her then literally consume her, partially out of jealously but mostly to use some of that in their careers.

The story is an allegory for Refns time in Hollywood after Drive.

He's given great praise by everyone for doing something he feels he barely tried with. He sees the city and the industry as something that eats you up and ejects you back out.

i want to marry elle

Wow, that's a really fucking weak concept to base a feature film on.

Lol I need to say something negative now I'm going to die angry and alone.

not him but that's a good starting point. why is the movie titled that way? who is the neon demon in the movie?

The triangles at the end of the runway are the neon demon.

he just thought it sounded cool and went with it because he is a childlike retard not unlike his fanbase

Actually it has a very simple meaning. It's not supposed to be "deep" or anything, it is what it is. And it does sound cool.

I agree. The problem is when you make (seemingly) ambiguous movies, you will attract the "freshman year film school film buff" audience who will shit up any discussion by trying to overexplain everything in the movie as something super deep and "symbolic". See: any Refn or PTA movie discussion ever.

I don't see that in many Refn threads, the common argument that appears is that his films are all about the audiovisual experience, not some great "meaning" or "message".

He's just someone who can only express his emotions properly through film, like how some musicians can only express themselves through music. That's why I like him anyhow.

She's a 10/10 I would kill for her

more like the semen demon am i right

I would kill to take a whiff of her arse

What was the point of Keanu's character?
The writing was all over the place?

>without make up she looks like an egg
>only looks good when ridicolously caked up
>What's the difference between make-up and plastic surgery? They're both manufactured kinds of beauty.

what a shitty argument, it's fashion, would you think wearing good looking clothes is manufactured beauty? no, and she looks fine without makeup, there's a reason the girls were auditioned without it, you retard.

if she was a regular girl, she'd be gf material probably

I guess, the problem is film is a medium way less appropriate for pure self expression than music is for obvious reasons.

Except she doesn't.
She looks like a fucking egg.

It's way more ambitious for sure. But a master could succeed in it. Not saying Refn is there yet though.

Jus' roll wit it, nigga

it clearly means something deeper. he is colorblind so he uses a distinct palette inhis movies. Refn is the neon demon in hollywood

if michael bay made a movie called "the spinning camera" he would be referring to himself

Funny, I didn't find Abby attractive at all in this movie. In Fury Road, however, she was HNNNNG as fuck.

Chloe ruined her own career.

In the film commentary track he refers to the triangles at the end of the runway as the neon demon. With that in mind the meaning is quite clear.

her face reminds me of the hybrid alien from resurrection i believe, 9.9/10 body tho

What emotions?
What Refn does are just mediocre genre flicks disguised as arthouse movies.
Neon Demon is nothing but a Giallo/Slasher with all the honesty and fun taken out and replaced by dilatated time and alf assed symbols to make you believe you're witnessing something profund, with pretty colors and figures ripped straight off Argento and Bava to make you forget the atrocious writing.

but this user said he named it neon demon because it sounded cool. im so confused

Except Her sister is more beautiful though.

>In the film commentary track

literally irrelevant

>What emotions?

Well if they could be put into words easily there would be no need for Refn to make films, but to simplify things, based on his interviews Drive is about his idealistic notions of masculinity, OGF is about failing to live up to masculine standards and retreating back to the comfort of the womb and TND is about how he feels about beauty.

>and alf assed symbols to make you believe you're witnessing something profund

Profundity is the last thing he attempts

What the fuck are you talking about? If you reference "Death of the Author" I will lose my shit.

i want to lick it after an intense workout

Ur a dumb phaggot.

>elle69
>elle 69
now that right there i would like to do

Please.
The puma, the triangles, the blood, the necrophilia, the empy pool, were all painfully sophomoric attempts at symbolism.
Not to mention the dissertation about beauty.

ur a big fat poopy head!

at least he's trying to make something deep. directors cant all be Kubrick

she's perfect

To expect anything more "deep" is either the sign of naivety or pretension. What's the problem, it's not obtuse enough for you? Even an average person could understand it so its bad? You're the pretentious fuck here, not Refn.

Benjamin Button, Babel, Young Ones, Somewhere and Super 8 are pretty cool

I'm really surprised that she didn't play in one of these stupid teenage movie for her young age, meaning that she's smart enough to choose what she wants to play

>her face reminds me of the hybrid alien from resurrection
I've been trying to put my finger on this for weeks, thank you.

She's still cute, though, in a girl-next-door kind of way. That's her appeal.

I'd prefer something honest to something with pretense trying to punch above its weight.
Which is why I complained about his movies being genre films pretending to be arthouse.

is this photoshopped?

>people defending it are reaching as hard as DC fans.
The difference is Snyder is a hack who has deluded himself into thinking he's a brilliant auteur whereas Refn is a genuine auteur.

i think Drive is pretty straightforward but yeah Only God Forgives is pretentious arthouse garbage

Not the guy you're replying to, and I agree with what you're saying in principle, but to say Refn isn't pretentious is a straight up lie.

That out of place line from the artsy boxing promoter in Bronson, "Let's fuck," said to mean, "Let's talk," Refn put in as a homage to himself, as he yells, "Let's fuck!" instead of, "Action!" on set. Refn is film school student level of pretentious asshole -he makes decent films, don't get me wrong, but let's not bullshit ourselves here, yeah? Refn is a sperg. No question about it.

wow Snyder being talked about even in a Refn film thread

they dont call him Zack "Kubrick" Snyder for nothing

Refn isn't pretentious, he's autistic

>placing a nod to your own autism in your movie
Can't tell if meta genius or total fucking asspie

Stop comparing Refn to that fucking idiot Snyder. Snyder makes blockbuster schlock and throws heavy handed symbolism into it to trick idiots into thinking it's art. Refn makes arthouse films.

>autism

how is this bad?

What's wrong with a director being a sperg? Tons of great directors are bizarre.

Drive is not arthouse lol

in that case BvS is arthouse-cape

Dakota the better fanning

I remember seeing Matt King(?) mention this on the deleted scenes and deciding then and there that Refn is an autistic Kubrick fanboy who by some luck ended up a film maker, strikes lucky enough here and there to be taken seriously and probably knows this himself.

No, the problem is that the movie is lacking even on a basic narrative level but it still thinks that it can attempt nuanced metaphorical narration and commentary on complex topics.
Meaning, it's the definition of pretentious.

>Drive
Hello pleb, go watch some of Refn's other films.

never said it was desu lad but it's a director that ties a towel around himself when shooting to keep his energies inside

Lmao these are the people we are sharing this place with.
fucking hell

Dakota is 10x more beautiful than this awkward piggy, and yet we will never see her pert, pale breasts.

you mean his movies that totally suck balls? no thanks

10/10 nice job user
Ellefags on suicide watch

I would bet a ton of money you've never seen The Pusher trilogy.

>But yes, film is a visual medium

it's also a narrative medium, so "things like" the plot and dialogue and character motivations are not "largely irrelevant"

still would tbqhwymf, that bod is god tier (for now)

i fucking hate deep arthouse thats why

That feelio when you realize that the movie/fashion/advertising industry pushes females with neotenous features

t. tasteless faggot who has only watched Drive, Only God Forgives and The Neon Demon

Basic white girl

>ywn be those flip flops

The Pusher films are pretty accessible. Hell, they're more conventional than Only God Forgives and The Neon Demon. Watch them before dismissing them, pleb.

yeah because his films are improving

is Radioheads first album better than OK computer? hurrrrrrr

what's that supposed to mean m'nigger

>tfw you're a slut but you look like a stick

That's like saying music is a narrative medium because there are lyrics

She didn't do that because Dakota already made mad dosh and her parents were rich to begin with so they didn't push her into doing retarded shit like that for money. She's clearly not that amazing at choosing projects given that she's been in like 5 movies per year for 15 years and her best movie is a fucking JJ flick. But yeah she doesn't seem like such a vapid cunt like other actresses. On the other hand being a rich attractive white blonde teen is these days is a guarrantee that you are a fucking annoying cunt slut even if you're not in Hollywood so...

>No, the problem is that the movie is lacking even on a basic narrative level

The narrative is as simple as possible, I don't get what you're talking about

>and commentary on complex topics.

Refn is not interested in "commentary", neither am I. That is childish.

>Refn is not interested in "commentary", neither am I. That is childish.
Have you watched a single one of his interviews he talks about what his visuals are meant to comment on all the time. This time however they don't mean shit

looks like the vampire master thing from the strain

stfu plebs, post elle

pig faced cunt just like Chloe

Comment and express are two different things. Comment implies taking a side.

You're retarded. A ton of director's started out great and got worse over time. M. Night Shyamalan had a couple of good films early on and then became total shit, Quentin Tarantino's best films are Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction, Tobe Hooper's best film is The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Alex Cox's best film is Repo Man, Francis Ford Coppola's latest work is dogshit compared to what he did in the 70s.

I don't think money is a real problem for them, her family is full of artist.
And Dakota also choose to play on interesting movies

I didn't say that all her project are good, but that for her young age it's pretty rare to not play on every teenage movie or blockbuster (except Maleficiant and Super 8), but this apply for her sister as well

that's my point, their parents were already rich so they didn't push her into shitty teen romcom projects for money like the non-rich parents of starlets usually do

>Reservoir Dogs
>good

yeah we have different tastes. you like imdb top 100 lists. i don't

is Radioheads latest album better than OK computer? hurrrrrrr

As long as she doesn't show her hideous teeth she's a 9/10

Top kek, are you serious? A music analogy is the worst thing you could've gone with since countless bands peaked with their debut album. Here's a list of bands who never topped their debut:

Devo
Ramones
The Doors
The Jesus and Mary Chain
Cheap Trick
Television
Wire
Suicide
Pavement
Pere Ubu
The Pop Group
Richard Hell & the Voidoids
Magazine
Gang of Four
MC5

There are others but I think I've made my point.

take my analogy to the end of the earth but you know what i meant

earlier works you are still trying to find your voice

She's a fucking disgusting pig who 1000 years ago would be a harbinger of disease

>ignoring my point
Do you have any real counterarguments or are you gonna continue to act like a child?

oh my bad i misread

But yeah, i didn't think about it, that's a good point

those bands are all shit so it makes sense their later albums were shit too

did you even have a point? you named off reddit's favorite directors

You can't seriously be this dumb and petty.

>Ramones
rocket to russia

>Pavement
wowee zowee

i see that you like post-punk, good taste

The narrative is barebones rather than simple, and poorly executed.
Just look at Suspiria, the movie that Neon Demon borrows most heavily from. The plot is simple but Argento never neglets the characters, the construction of the narrative, the buildup, the tension like Refn does. Which is why Neon Demon fails as a genre movie.
Then it fails as arthouse because it really doesn't have anything interesting to say and all the dissertation about beauty is pedantic and surface level, and the symbols are heavy handed.
What's left are some cool looking videoclips, but I have to say I was disappointed even on that front, everything past the killing of Elle was much cooler in my mind when I read the plot than what Refn actually shot.

shut up krager u dumb ass negro

>did you even have a point?
Are you illiterate? Here, I'll repost what I said:
>A ton of director's started out great and got worse over time.

Do you now understand or do I have to further dumb things down for you?

>That is childish

But spamming images of chang and memeing about Anderson wasn't?

>Then it fails as arthouse because it really doesn't have anything interesting to say and all the dissertation about beauty is pedantic and surface level, and the symbols are heavy handed.

Why are you talking about arthouse movies as if having something to "say" is a quality that is required

>earlier works you are still trying to find your voice
But there are countless artists who immediately found their voice. I would list some of them off but I'm sure you'd respond with "hurr durr those artists are shit" so I'm not gonna bother.

nah

Don't you mean
>Gemma Ward
>Sasha Pivovarova
>Natalia Vodianova

Etc

What are you talking about

kys

yeah and your argument doesnt hold up to me. someone who actually thinks Reservoir Dogs is one of Tarantino's best i just cant trust anymore. i actually thought hateful eight was good

> no Pedro in the background
5/10

>rocket to russia
Fantastic album although I prefer their debut.
>Wowee Zowee
I haven't listened to that album yet desu.

>i see that you like post-punk, good taste
Thanks senpai.

>playing dumb

Adorable as always.

The elaboration of a discourse about given topics through the filmography is a requirement of an arthouse director, yes.

I liked The Hateful Eight but Tarantino peaked in the 90s. He'll never top Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction or Jackie Brown.

you named 1 genre if that was you that posted all those bands. expand your horizons

What happened to her sister? I liked her better.

ok but reservoir dogs? be reasonable lol

>1 genre
Jesus and Mary Chain are noise pop/alternative rock, The Doors are psychedelic rock, MC5 are protopunk/hard rock, Cheap Trick are power pop, Ramones and Richard Hell & the Voidoids are punk rock, Pavement are indie rock. I'll admit everything else I listed is post-punk but I listed a bunch of nonpost-punk albums.

>1 genre
way to out yourself as a pleb, stop replying

some of us arent trapped in the 80s

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the medium it seems.

pavement's first album is a blatant fall rip off. even malkmus aknowledges this

chair missing and 154 are arguably equally good or better than pink flag

dub housing is objectively better than modern dance

richard hell & the v had only 2 albums
same as suicide, and their second album was a fucking masterpiece and had nothing to envy their first

>>>>>((((((The Doors)))))

you're a cunt

>trapped
you never even visited apparently, listen to more music

i like some like cocteau twins but i bet youre gonna say

>are u a fag? that music aint manly enough!

>same as suicide
They had 5 albums.
>their second album was a fucking masterpiece
Agreed.
>and had nothing to envy their first
It's a really great album but I prefer their debut.

>you're a cunt
Fuck you, The Doors are great.

nope, i like them. what now?

She's very beautiful but even if she wasn't, it's called suspension of disbelief. It's like not being able to take a movie seriously 'cause there's some guy flying or something. Don't be a fucking retard.

she desperately needs a nose job

that's def a potato, she's actually very finnish looking.

ogf > nd > drive

kek

false!

neon demon>drive>>>>>POWER GAP>>>>ogf

>The Doors are great.

opinion discarded

youtube.com/watch?v=5xillqqt0Y0

Because show me a more naturally beautiful 17 year old without makeup, or plastic surgery. Not to mention with a more angelic skin/hair/eyes combo.

Ill wait.

Thats whats so amazing about the neon demon. Every 15 year old and most women would argue that the 2 older models are much more appealing to men, but this is exactly the theme of the film.

Only God Forgives is far better than Neon Demon in every catagory

Fucking plebs.

Valhalla>OGF>Neon>>>>>power pleb filter gap>>>>Humanbean

t. plebeian that started watching refn with drive and then the second being bronson after his favorite capeshit got one of the actors

>le earlier and less popular is better meme
Drive is refn's best, sometimes the popular opinion is right

>he needs convincing

>"Beauty isn't everything, it's the only thing"
>this line is said in the movie completely unironically as if it's a deeply profound statement that really makes you think
>there are people ITT defending this fucking flick

>he thinks that line was to make you think
Really makes you think

She needs to be impregnated.

How bad is Only God Forgives?
Why is there no abundance of neon aesthetics movies?

>being this dumb
Let me guess, you also think the dialogue was unintentionally vapid?

help me kidnap her then

>It's supposed to be shit, shallow and pretentious
really makes you think

She's so pale she's luminescent

Name a single arthouse director in the history of the medium whose movies were completely shallow and never attempted to tackle a single topic.

And it's fitting since she's supposed to be like an angel getting corrupted (I think)

jesus, you refnfags are so autistic

>it was bad on purpose

is this the Space Cop of our generation?

She is a perfect, incredible beauty for the world that she is trying to enter. All top models are super skinny and pale like that.

I'm not even him and I dont care about refn. Nice try though

>super skinny
she isn't

The definition of a 7/10 .
I could go outside and see 50 girls prettier than her in 10 minutes.

ok

do it and take a pictures of their pussy

Nicolas Winding Refn

>Elle isn't a slut
wew lad

Oh great, "le hotter girls on muh campus" guy has arrived...

This. I could just close my eyes and pretend my hand is hotter then that bitch.

Not an arthouse director :^)

Elle is The Semen Demon, faggot

tbf though, most models have wonky facial feautures

Must be why they all have such jizzable faces

t. Tryhard

>ITT: Bitter virgins who never met another woman as attractive as Elle who wasn't in their immediate family

Dakota>Ellie

I mean this in the sincerest way possible: If you did not find The Neon Demon enjoyable in some way you have two choices:

Never talk about film again

or

Kill yourself.

she looks like a blond gypsie

Except that was the point of the film

what the heck is up with those enormous honkers

what happened to her face?

How do people not realise this? I mean most high fashion models are some weird ass looking chicks... Unconventional beauty, or something...

This scene was 10/10

I couldn't believe Elle as a top model though, even Jena Malone outclassed her. It didn't help there were lines like 'When it's winter, what does it feel to be the sun?'

What Refn was trying to say is that aryans are superior

Refn is redpilled and understands the alt right which is why he uses fashwave so extensively in his kinos

I would not kill for anyone unless needed but this girl is really pretty and she looks nice too. No idea if she is nice in real life but she looks nice and my fantasy probably fills in the rest.

any younger ones pls

>Jena Malone

Dat strabismus.

No.

Fuck, what I would pay to see that sweet ass get blacked

It's shit.

with this logic literally no women is pretty

And even then, she's more attractive than Elle.

>you will never be sexually assaulted by Jena Malone

why bother?

That's true. Come back to me when the fannings in their 30s are still good looking.

This

more like evolution pushes females with neotenic features

also, elle's a shit

Hardly.

COKE NOSE

i feel that way about Rosario Dawson i cant even watch most of her movies.

Thanks NWR

lmao 00 taste

She looks like my cousin...and aunt. I find neither attractive. She does this uncanny valley shit so i get nauseous when i see her.

>his comeback is a photoshopped photo shoot picture that still looks bad

You aren't I'm convinced it's a comedy, no one could like this bitch that much.

>youtube.com/watch?v=-7NitmzzZX8

He obviously has it from our boy Dennis Hopper.

picture?

She looks like a cute boy.

Worse face, better tits.

People gaining powers through cannibalism is more believable than ol' footface being stunning

better personality

Then they should have gone with any other girl that actually looks good? There are plenty.

Oh hey, what's going on in this thread?

Obectively superior Fanning

HOW DID ANYONE EVEN GET THROUGH THIS MOVIE GOT ITS AWFUL. THE FIRST TWO SCENES WERE SO HORRIBLE ACTED I JUST TURNED IT OFF JESUS FUCK YOU STOP SHILLING THIS TURD

very sweet and qt

The first half of the movie is literally a 4/10, second is a decent 7/10. It's still overrated as heck though.

>she's a big guy

The scene where the blood gets cleaned off (first scene) and the entire series of scenes at the party were so badly written and acted. 1/10. for real. this was freshman film students with nice camera and lighting tier

>7/10
>decent

it was intentionally simple dialogue

i'm sure you've done better

explain please?

Are you one of those faggots who thinks anything below 8/10 is bad? Stop inflating scores. It goes:

1/10 - completely terrible on every level, indefensibly awful
2/10 - terrible
3/10 - bad
4/10 - below average
5/10 - average
6/10 - above average
7/10 - good
8/10 - great
9/10 - fantastic
10/10 - nearly flawless masterpiece

Elle Fanning has the face of a mongoloid 12 year old boy and the lanky pale androgynous body of a creature from a bad horror movie.

If it was within my power, I'd have every "man" on the planet who finds who remotely aesthetically appealing executed. It would be a perfect litmus test for whether or not someone even has the cognitive faculties to be worthy of life.

t. jealous hamplanet

How many people would you kill for Elle, user?

I agree, but she's making indie films and being a New York hipster while her younger sister sluts it up as a Hollywood casting couch starlet.

Try to argue that 50% is average with your teachers.

is that dakota? lmao womanlet
JUST

Just you.

as many needed/possible

You know that film scores are different, faggot.

The necessary

shes somewhat attractive, not as attractive as her sister but still objectively good looking.

No, no I really don't.

5/10 mediocre
6/10 average
10/10 masterpiece
the rest is correct

WHEN?

She looks kind of like Rose, come to think of it.

>tfw flash drive is broken and I can't post Rose

TONIGHT! in your dreams when you sleep

>Wire
This such a bullshit

Don't act obtuse, school grading and film grading are very different. The vast majority of critics who use the 1-10 scale consider either 5 or 6 to be average.

i least use a good lookin latina, not an inbreed ugly lookin white trash bitch

Chloe's genetics ruined her career

ok juan thats nice you can stop posting now youll be late for your shift at mcdonalds

kék

Refn is a student of Bresson
You're just a pleb who still wants theatricality in movies and who thinks wild facial movements and exaggerated vocalizations are good acting

my favorite movie is under the skin so i get it - that being said; yeah naw this movie was just awful.
"they delivered lines really badly b-but its ok because they did it on purpose"

Is this the fabled "white beauty"?

But for real, this girl looks odd as fuck. Definitely not model-tier.

It's cute how you completely ignored my point as well as Bresson's.

Oh I get it, Bresson had a theory of acting that he tried to implement. You're claiming Refn intended to have his actors use this same "automatic" style of acting, as if that somehow makes it more natural.
The actresses in the movie are awful. Just awful. Even if Bresson's idea can be executed well, they didnt do it.
its pretentious nonsense

>this girl looks odd as fuck
>Definitely not model-tier

Uh, more likely than not, the world's best fashion will always have odd and unique features that will help them stand out. Elle is a top tier qt but there is nothing about her features that say "high fashion".

No shit. Good taste. The bitch that plays Thomasin in "The VVitch" is better looking than Elle.

it's almost as if beauty is subjective and almost entirely tied to consumerism and cultural values

What movie, i need to fap

YOU'RE A DANGEROUS GIRL, SHE SAID.

>as if that somehow makes it more natural.
That's exactly the opposite of what Bresson and Refn intend. It's never about realism, it's about imparting a certain tone or emotion from the dialogue or visuals on their own, to dissolve the human characters into the whole audio-visual presentation itself. Try to keep up because you've still haven't offered a single refutation beyond repeatedly crying "IT'S SHIT" like a retarded child.

i never said realism.
this movie isnt even worth analyzing, spend your time elsewhere. there is no message, there is nothing to gain from analyzing it. i understand the concept of a visually driven film. but there has to be something of value underneath the visual pursuits.

I didn't even enjoy the visual attempts of this film. but thats more of a personal preference

>there's nothing
>it's stupid
>it's awful
>you're shills
Still waiting on anything of substance from your end.

>YWN

thats it bud. badly acted. uninteresting in every aspect. and as a personal opinion i dont even enjoy the look of the film.
thats substance even if it hurts your feelings

(you fell for the artistic movie = good movie trick)

I wonder how long until females stop having softer features?

>thats it bud.
Where's the refutation of all the points made here and here ? Like I said, repeating things ad nauseam won't make them true.

>thats substance even if it hurts your feelings
You just repeated childish insults and ended it with "well it's personal opinion".
Your idea of substance is about as vacuous as the contents of your posts and that of your cranium.

t-that's shopped right?

Is this shopped? White chicks don't have asses like that.

lol saying it was badly acted is a childish insult

yes

Again you keep repeating things but you finally got it right. I'm glad you realized how wrong you were.

Say what you will about Refn, but at least he makes you plebs actually talk about films for once.
instead of shitposting or waifuposting or circlejerking in some tv-show general.

filename

This scene had me rock hard.

How was that funny, samefag?

>you will never drink warm milk straight from those titties

just look at those beautiful pale tits.

it's the new "awk-waaaaard!"