How could it be bad when it's so much more racially diverse?!

How could it be bad when it's so much more racially diverse?!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6lNN8U-YVrc
nationalreview.com/article/440333/magnificent-seven-remake-queen-katwe-pointless-violence-banality?target=author&tid=1152026
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>fat man
>indian
>genericwhitemale
>hawke
>denzel
>pratt
>china

Is it really bad?

Unforgiven had a black man who fucked white women.

The dude is not from China, but from worst Korea, my nigger.

>lets historically revise a historic revisionism

wew lad

let's make last of the mohicans with an all black and an all asian tribe next

He fucked whores and was cheating on his wife.

Why? China would make sense because railroad workers, koreans were banging rocks together back then

Is it a good action movie though? Been thirsting for a new western.

Diversity done right?

White people are so fucking easily triggered it's hilarious how thin skinned we are.

And?

Yes, it's in the right time period and doesn't bastardize a previous work.

Movies you couldnt make these days

Imagine if a modern film had three blacks and a white woman

If we made a remake of boyz in the hood and threw in emenim as one of the main characters do you think black people would be cool with it?

Meh, the 'original' had a diverse cast too. People thought Yul was half-asian. Bronson was playing a Mexican/Indian/Irish hybrid.

The new movie sucks, but it's not because of the diversity. It's bland, the fight scenes are generic, the costumes unmemorable (remember Yul Bryner's iconic black outfit? Nothing like that here), the sets may not be grey, but they FEEL grey, like they're washed up or something.

The movie tries to be edgy just for the sake of being edgy, but it's generic PG-13 edginess.

I fucking hated it from start to finish and I wanted to like it so much because I love westerns.

You people are just as bad as sjw's

>Anna
>white

It's probably Sony's executives decision.
Anyway I hope they didn't spend a fortune on this, like they did with that other remake.

and he fucking died because he wasn't hard as fuck like clint eastwood

Probably yes

It's called 8 mile, terrible example, retard.

>let's cast a Russian as a Cajun cowboy!

AND?!!?!

Shut the fuck up.

Just came back from watching this.
It wasn't half bad as an action flick.

Nah, they'd just make fun of it and not go see it just like we will with this shitty remake.

Yes "Predator" was done right, "Predators" was done awfully though

Boyz in the hood had white characters

Yul was Cool personified in that movie.

I try to pretend the sequels don't exist.

This. I was thinking about like yesterday. 3 white men (including an Austrian), two blacks, a Chicano and an Indian. A very distinct and intersting bunch and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I don't know why it's so annoying in case of Magnificent Seven then. Maybe because it's not an original movie. Both the original M7 and Seven Samurai weren't doing this.

8 mile isn't a remake of boyz in the hood

boyz in the hood isn't even about hip hop

cowboys != gunslingers

and your example is fucking stupid

Predators was sweet though

You're thinking of White Men Can't Jump

>no women
>no lgbtq

Nice try, shitcock

M7 was doing this.

Chris=Cajun
Bernardo=Mex/Irish/Injun
Chico=Mex

But everyone except Blain was a bunch of slack jawed faggots.

In this day and age we need the nolan kino Dunkirk more than ever.

Yes. Diversity movies done without trying to push ''le diversity is good you stupid CIS white males'' tend to do better because the plot is solid and the diversity comes as a convenience rather than the main point being pushed.

Blain and Mac were gay

and there was Anna

There was a woman. Did you even watch the movie?

LGBTQ was Dillon and Dutch. They even made a tv series about their romance.

youtube.com/watch?v=6lNN8U-YVrc

Reminder: Do not respond to these shill threads.

No one ever complained about mexicans or natives being in western movies. They BELONG in western movies. It's the blackie and the chink.

People thought Yul was half-asian. Cinamen were legion in the old west. A lot of blacks went to the west to be free when slavery was going on, and after the civil war. Lost of black cowboys (cowboys=/=gunslinger.)

An Asian makes sense.
I don't know how blacks were treated in the old West but probably better than in the North or the South. Kind of like they also had it better on pirate ships.

My negro

That doesn't mean that they worked together. If the movie involved factions it would be more believable. Not a rainbow conglomeration. And there were simply not very many black people in the west. This is fucking fact. This is why there are still not many black people in the west.

The Chinese workers were practically responsible for the construction of most of the railroads in the old west.

Yes, but they were looked down upon moreso than the irish. No white man would work with them. 3:10s remake actually did it right.

Do you even know what M7 is about? It's part of the plot that it's people like that who band together.

The whole point of the chink loyalty and willingness to stay was because Ethan Hawke stood up for him and "hired" him.

If diversity is the main hook then its shit. Id rather have a bunch of white people with character development.

Movies aren't about what is usual, or normal, they're about undedogs, special cases, etc.

It's like you're new to storytelling.

I just hate all these shitty remakes coming out bastardizing previous work. The stupid sjw shit is just one thing. True Grit was an abortion as well. I don't get how the coens went from a good modern western like no country and then shat out that steaming turd.

The movie is literally about a disparate gang of people banding together. Diversity was always a main factor, even in the 60s one.

You would love this movie that came out this year. It's called ghostbusters and sure is special! What a story!

ITT

black people can't be cowboys

there. I said it.

Did they hurt your feelings or something?

No one had an issue with Django

>not a mexican
>not a chinese
>a fucking fat cowboy

>hawke
based rocco

>

Very true

Do liberals hurt yours?

django isn't set in the west and django isn't a cowboy

django is a freed slave

django is in the south

black people actually existed in the south back then believe it or not

SJW was in the old one too. The movie begins with 2 of them fucking with racist by carrying an indian's (or mexican, I forget) dead body to be buried with the white folks.

See: Ghostbusters 2016

indians and mexicans belong in westerns

Just movies and media.

So do chinamen.

Yes

nationalreview.com/article/440333/magnificent-seven-remake-queen-katwe-pointless-violence-banality?target=author&tid=1152026

The king has spoken

Wasn't bad. Wasn't amazing. I'd give it a 7-7.5/10.

fuck hollywood
>they give him a role in a wannabe blockbuster movie at last
>it's a dead in the womb remake

to a far lesser extent

all they did was build railroads and stay on the coasts

if the setting isn't california or on a railroad they have no business in the western

Haley was a literal 11/10.

>he doesn't rate on a 4 star system

That's retarded theres less of a spectrum you have 8 possibilities versus 100

Didnt have any puerto ricans or mexicans we are the only ones dumb enough to believe in the"american dream"

8 is all you need, pleb

They do. Fuck, just because they weren't everywhere doesn't mean they were nowhere. A chinaman mercenary makes sense. These guys were loners and lived outside normal society. plus, them tracking down their prey would make them more likely to be in places they "shouldn't" be in normally.

Under application of finite element analysis and numerical approximation I calculate a 93% chance that you are a

>puerto ricans

who the fuck distinguishes that? is this an east coast thing?

Non retards

That's fucking stupid. They're foreign to the US, they wouldn't know fuck all about tracking and they moved here because they're poor as fuck to the extent that they would work on a railroad for peanut. So they wouldn't know anything about being mercenaries and they wouldn't know anything about tracking or the land. Not unless they were 1st generation at least and then you have to put the setting in the late 1800s rather than mid.

>how could it be good when it's racially diverse!?

t. Cred Forums

I've never even met a puerto rican. The island is still the US so why would they even leave it? I assume they all move to florida or elsewhere in the east.

So do blacks. The new M7 takes place after the Civil War. There was a migration of blacks going west at the time after their time in the military was over.

It's just ghostbusters all over again.
People will use weak race/gender controversies to distract people from the fact that they are shitting all over the legacy of a good film. I'm fed up of these remakes.

go watch hell or high water instead

>People will use weak race/gender controversies to distract people from the fact that they are shitting all over a good film
So what Cred Forums does on a daily basis?

Please, take it from someone actually from the west. There are so few blacks in the west outside of urban california that they don't even matter here. The trickle you're talking about was fucking nothing.

Or better example remake Friday with ben Affleck and matt damon

Well, hearing about the new one made me want to watch the 60s one again. I guess that's a good thing... right?

I would call the original the "actual" Magnificent Seven and the new one the "Bad Remake of" Magnificent Seven.

It wasn't nothing back then. History, mutherfucker. Just because there isn't many NOW doesn't mean you little place wasn't swarming with them. You're probably part nigger yourself.

pretty much, but that's born out of their need to be contrarians about everything moreso than the business decision I was talking about.

yep, but seven samurai is better

7S is better, but I like westerns more than samurai movies. I also fucking LOVE Yul Brynner.

Lol, good one. Doesn't change the fact that there are no black people in the west.

Although recently there has been an influx from Chicago. I feel that it must be some kind of conspiracy to destroy my state and that the libcucks in chicago are passing out propaganda telling them to move here.

Holy shit. The agenda really is the most important aspect of the movie.

>they are shitting all over the legacy of a good film

So they are following the same premises of the 1960 film.

>he says based on reviews unaffiliated with the movie

Kill yourself you fucking inbred moron

fair enough. for me there is something awesome about strapping in for that 3 and a half hour ride. Kurosawa's directing makes it feel like you're watching something historically important, like the film equivalent of an old legend that's been sung throughout history.

fuck man I love films

it's so good

You mean besides changing the title and setting so that it wasn't?

>The trickle you're talking about was fucking nothing.

>Census records suggest that about 15% of all cowboys were of African-American ancestry—ranging from about 25% on the trail drives out of Texas, to very few in the northwest. Similarly, cowboys of Mexican descent also averaged about 15% of the total, but were more common in Texas and the southwest. Other estimates suggest that in the late 19th century, one out of every three cowboys was a Mexican vaquero, and 20% may have been African-American.[24]

True.

I honestly never saw any races when watching Predator. They were just a group of badass men. Mac is my favorite fucking character in the movie, just because Bill Duke was awesome in the role.

>Texas

wew lad, sure did make it far from the south there during the late 1800s

Are you saying Texas isn't considered the "West", especially right after the Civil War?

I'm saying it borders lousi-fucking-ana.

Based Manuel

> its only smellz

And?

And Texas was a southern state. So it's more the south than the southwest. Dallas is the fucking south, you ever been there? Go to any small town from texas to fucking washington with ranches and there are no black people.

What a load of BASED.

Good thing this movie isn't set in the present day.

>and your example is fucking stupid

Because you don't have a witty maymay comeback? Fuck off kid

Yeah, just in a fantasy land.

it was a fun movie

It says it's set in postbellum US. I don't know which town they're defending this time but the 1960 film had them somewhere on the Mexican border. It's been demonstrated that there were plenty of black cowboys after the Civil War. So it clearly has some kind of historical setting and is thus definitely not in fantasy land.

Wow, you "argue" like the most dishonest Cred Forums cunt I've seen in a while. Completely shameless. Kill yourself.

you sound like a huge fag

Let me spell it out

>unforgiven wasn't a bastardization of a classic
>unforgiven wasn't a remake
>morgan freeman died for his shitty actions and had to be avenged

Basically if you have the brains and balls to come up with your own shit you can do whatever you want. When you take from something else you have an obligation to not fuck it up. Similarly to how adapted screenplays can fuck up and bastardize the books on which they're based.

I'm sure you enjoy Dune the movie and find it as good as the book though.

Youre forgetting a simple fact. Black people can't be cowboys.

>get proven wrong
>keep mincing words and backpedaling in circles

Back to your containment board

Have you even seen white men can't jump? Black people can't be cowboys.

only one of those is a good actor (denzel) and he is just going to play himself

>laughs too

wew lad

>not hawke

Amazing, as always

>Niggers literally burn cities down over this
>white people are the thin skinned ones

D'Onofrio is the only good actor out of the bunch

so what's the general consensus on this movie?
is it worth a watch? or is it just another soulless, shitty remake?

>no mexican
wtf Hollywood i thought we were cool

Thanks for the comparison, Good to know that you all are just as triggered and bitchy as a bunch of sjw niggers then

Predator only had 2 blacks. are you counting the alien? or like, the native american?

Like user said, a black man

it was oke, not bad