ITT: popular movies that you have never seen but can 't be arsed to because you feel like you already know the plot...

ITT: popular movies that you have never seen but can 't be arsed to because you feel like you already know the plot because it's integrated in mainstream pop culture.

>Being x years old
>hasn't seen Forrest Gump

Bloody watch it, it is a great movie.

>I know the plot of forest gump so I don't want to watch it

It's not about the overarching plot, it's a character story that just puts him in interesting situations

Forest Gump doesnt have a plot.

sorry but who the fuck hasn't seen forrest gump?

Citizen Kane

i read its a sled or something
cant watch a movie knowing the big reveal

That film, Titanic, Sátántangó.

Kek. Salty cunt.

KYS

Shawshank
Titanic
The Sixth Sense
Seven

im like this with that book Catcher in the Rye

everyones like omg read it now!

No you

Star Wars (all of them)

Apart from being so integrated in popular culture that I already know too much about them, they look bloated and shit and I would have no intention of watching them even if they were lesser-known flicks.

>everyones like omg read it now!

You in 9th grade amigo? It's very good, but you should check out other Salinger as well.

I'm impressed.

Forrest Gump is worth a watch.

Same for Star Wars, whenever I mention it I'm hit with "Dude, you have to watch all 3 and then the prequels, it's such a great movie blah blah". I can't be bothered to watch 3-6 movies. Actually it's 7 movies now really.

Don't talk shit what board do you think you're on that you will never have time to get through 6 movies.

You're a predictable breed who intentionally doesn't watch good movies to be hip. You're the guy with the shitty Nokia phone who has to point out to everyone how great it is. It does everything you need it to and it never breaks.

They're just movies. They're nothing special as far as adult entertainment goes. Get over yourself.

My favorite are the ones who you catch a few months later still saying they've never seen Star Wars after they did finally watch it.

youre not missing anything. its the most by the numbers hero journey. it wouldve been interesting in the 70s/80s and the big spoiler wouldve made it a meme

but yeah its just nostalgia. the nerds loved the 'new' movie because it was just a member berry of the first

i read some of his other books but like OP says its pop

It's not that I don't have time, it's that I can't be bothered and would rather watch/do something else. I own a smartphone, I never thought they were anything special.

Eh, if I saw them I'd say I did, most I've seen is little clips and parodies in comedies.

Me up until a year ago.

It's kino.

>you share a tv and film board with people who hasn't seen forrest gump nor star wars

Shawshank and Titanic you don't need to see. Shawshank is an amazing movie, but it's been referenced, parodied and satired to death at this point. Titanic too, except it's a shit movie.

Sixth Sense and Seven should still be seen even if you think you've seen it from all of pop culture. It's worth the watch and deeper than its popular references.

I've never gotten the hype around Forrest Gump.

Get at me.

Remember alot of posters today where born years after Forrest Gump came out and grew up too late for Star Wars hype.

You just don't know what you're missing. You're the worse kind of Cred Forums movie viewer. The one who watchs whatever expecting things. Just watch mang.

>star wars

They aren't missing anything.

what about all the tension surrounding the main characters with plot armour who never die and always win???

Not that user, but you sound like a typical hipster douche. You fuckers are so insecure you can't say anything unless you feel like nobody else has ever said it before. That isn't taste, that's cowardice. If you want people to respect your opinions than at least have the balls to attempt to form them, otherwise fuck off with cancerous threads like this one.

you sound fun at parties bro

I watched Sinth Sense for the first time 5 months ago.
It was ok.

Star Wars 1 and 4-6 (I've seen them but never sat down and watched them- they all blend into each other for me). Haven't seen the 2-3 movies

Forrest Gump
The big lebowski
Interstellar

These are just some movies I've lied about seeing to avoid conversation about the movie

I have not seen godfather 3
tbqh I didn't like the godfather and cant even remember the plot of the first 2 films.

>arsed
>hasn't seen Forrest Gump

Why are brits such fucking plebs? It's not like it's the greatest film ever made but it is good, and an essential viewing.

this thread is fucking cringe jesus
get out of this board a go watch anime or whatever you people think its "art"

Never saw the ending to The Shawshank Redemption.

>why are brits such plebs
>he says, while the USA releases Pirates of the Dawn of Captain Avengers: Resident Spiderman vs Heineken TM Part III 3d remake and the UK releases quality kinos

Any capeshit except Avengers and GotG.

Clockwork orange and Avatar are the worst for me because I hear about them often
No so often but still:
Good bad ugly
50s of grey
The shining
Psicosis

Also moulin rouge. Thanks mom.

>Shawshank
>The Sixth Sense
These

I've never watched a Jason Bourne movie. I should really get on it one of these days.

>Psicosis
What? Anyway, watch all of those ASAP except for Avatar, Fifty Shades of Grey and Moulin Rouge. Avatar is pretty bland, the only outstanding thing about it is the visual effects and 3D and since it came out a bunch of films have topped its visuals and you can't really appreciate the 3D unless you see it in theater. Fifty Shades of Grey and Moulin Rouge are shit.

>including literal high art in a list of garbage

delete this, savvy?

>The shining
Hard to believe you can pick up on all the nuance on offer here.

A Clockwork Orange is a fantastic film, don't let the terrible fanbase and contrarians scare you away from it. 2001: A Space Odyssey is a perfectly made sci-fi epic but it's extremely slow, you'll either love it or hate it. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is the best Western of all time. The Shining is a horror masterpiece.

That's the point OP makes, I guess. I would have to watch them by mistake whit someone that didn't also see any of them. I think that's part of the magic that counters pop culture saturation and constant invitation to see them. Like your post

>The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is the best Western of all time.

It's not even the best Leone western. Once Upon a Time in the West is better.

Fight club.

What's the point when I've seen all the parodies poking fun at the movie.

>Seven should still be seen even if you think you've seen it from all of pop culture. It's worth the watch and deeper than its popular references.

After having just enjoyed Zodiac a great deal I will certainly check it out