Improving Cred Forums continued

How do we improve Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/>Read about Korgoth of Barbaria/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

more actual Cred Forumsposting

Leave Cred Forums the way it is, there's no fixing this place. This board is 55% shitposting, 40% memes, and 5% actual discussion. Only way to fix this place is to get better posters and we all know that's not gonna happen

make /cel/ and let this board rot

Start banning shitposters until the posts per hour are down to 2010 levels.

then all you'll be left with his mobile posters that shitpost even more..

more memes

CANT FIX STUPID.

/thread

This. Banning and overmoderation achieves literally nothing when it's easier than ever to ban evade.

Requiring mobile users to have a Cred Forums pass in order to post would work but overall the larger population of Cred Forums as a whole is the reason the board and site has gone to shit. It's more noticeable on Cred Forums because of how accessible television and film are.

Do mods or janitors even read these threads? Or do they just leave them up so Hiro doesn't fire them?

Yes.

As someone who has been a regular lurker/poster on Cred Forums for about 9 years now, and migrated to Cred Forums in 2010, I feel that I have a firm grasp on what needs to be done in order to allow good quality discussion but not limit the "fun". This is what needs to happen in order to "fix" Cred Forums:

1. Begin by actually moderating this place. That means deleting off-topic Cred Forums-tier garbage threads. For example, "what is the X of film" is not good discussion and usually just an excuse to post some random image. These posters should be encouraged to take it to Cred Forums, /s4s/ or /r9k/.

2. Put in a /r9k/ system but used for OP only, not replies. This will stop a good amount of threads made by bots, meme-spouting kids, and the Cred Forums retards who can't contain themselves to their own board. I mean spam filters are put already in place, but the spam filters don't catch everything.

3. Wordfilter kino to something. It's a cancerous word used by cancerous people. I don't understand how you think wordfiltering t b h is necessary when kino is even more cancerous and overused.

4. Actress threads and posting pictures of actresses should be allowed within reason. That is to say, the dumping of images is not allowed, or nudes of any kind. Avatarfagging as per usual should be a bannable offense. Celebrity gossip should be kept to a minimum. Janitors seem to abuse their power on this one a lot.

1/2

5. Get rid of the janitors on Cred Forums and get new ones who actually care. I don't know much about the process of hiring these >for free custodians but they are doing a terrible job of keeping this place clean. The perfect janitor is one that understands the nuances of the board's culture and is an active participant. Not someone that got here a week ago and posts every other weekend.

6. Generals are indulgent circle-jerks in which nothing really gets discussed, and shitposting is actually encouraged. I understand the role they play in containing topics to a single thread but they afflict Cred Forums as a whole by giving it second-hand cancer. If possible the best new board solution would be /tvg/, though this is ultimately not that necessary.

7. Place a temporary sticky that should point out the following like:
Use the catalog!
If you want to discuss politics go to Cred Forums.
Shitpost on Cred Forums, /s4s/, etc.
I think an active reminder like a sticky tells those unacquainted what is expected from a board, and thus improves its quality.

2/2

I wish you redditers would shut the fuck up about "fixing" the board. The board is what it is and it's fine. I don't give a shit about probably 45% of the threads in the catalog at any given moment but this is still my most visited board/website.

If anything I would like more off topic posting because when I see some shit worth discussing even if it isn't related to film or tv at all I want to discuss it with the retarded faggots here because for the most part this is a funny and often interesting community. Stop trying to restrict it even more than it already has been, it will only make it worse.

+1
I agree with this poster

I hope the mods are smart enough to ignore stupid opinions like this one

So delete all the fun threads? I've been here since 2004 (kill me) and this place would fucking suck without half the stuff you listed. Have you seen the actual threads that discuss movies? They're retarded and more than half the time are just circlejerks themselves and nothing more than recommendation threads. If every point you made was implemented this board would be terrible and boring. Just my opinion.

Look at the fucking victim complex these shit posting IQlets that came to Cred Forums after 2012 have
Fucking christ

Cred Forums has only been around since 2006/7 and only got popular with you retards after 2014.

You know please don't let me derail the thread but honestly IMO pol is fine, its the people who trigger pol who suck.

Its like
Polock: Black Lives Matter because chimping out in Charlotte
Cred Forumsliberal: racist!! blah
blah
blah
>blah
Polock: Hey just expressing an opinion bro relax

Cred ForumsLiberal: You don't get to have an opinion because 1) you like Trump 2) blah blah blah (2000 character post)

And so on and so forth until thread destroyed. If the TV guy just let the harmless racist slang go and ignored it then nobody would probably even notice it or care.

I was referring to the site as a whole, not Cred Forums specifically

Politics discussion is a cancer to this board and simply doesn't belong here, be it right-wing opinions or left-wing opinions.

I agree with you but shitposting threads should immediately be transferred to /trash/ like they were suppose to be. and we really gotta do something about this bot spamming

make me a mod
ill make tee vee great again

If you mean the cunny bot, those threads never even get any replies. I'm not aware of any other bots.

can we just get rid of all the "OMG I WAS TRIGGERED BY THIS SOCIAL ISSUE" posts

keep your social justice racial election whatevershit on Cred Forums

permaban for anyone that uses the term comfy

Why is Polynesian Moot's English so confusing?

>how do we fix Cred Forums
>nothing but requests for more regulations and restrictions

you people are embarrassing.

honestly we need new mods
people that actually browse this board regularly

why do people like you get triggered by literally everything?

comfy, kino, etc. if you want to talk like a normalfag, go be with normalfags.

This if anything. Off-topic threads with 200+ replies that are civil and actually promoting interesting conversation should not suddenly be deleted because it's not discussion about some dumb-ass superhero movie.

There are celeb bots too. the same thread identical thread gets posted multiple times a day. Look at the archive.

You just confirmed how much of a newfag you are.

Delete Cred Forums and use a mind erase ray on the entire userbase so we forget it ever existed.

Ban all mobile posters on all boards
Delete celebrity threads on all boards
Split into Cred Forums and /film/ I don't want dozens of shitty American shows everywhere
Ban all mentions of American politics

we would all have an empty void in our souls for the rest of our miserable lives

Word filter reddit or maybe just ban people for mentioning it. It's a stupid strawman argument used by niggers and faggots.

The issue is that you're a retard. Part of the problem is that literal retards such as those coming from Cred Forums think their opinions are valid and equal, when in reality you shouldn't be allowed to speak at all. Memes are not funny; you think they are because you're brain damaged. Typing "top kek" or "for you" is evidence of a severe developmental disorder. Celebrity gossip is a hobby for people who should be denied basic human rights.

No one is denying that this board is good for the people who ruin it. That's obvious. The point is to get rid of the bad people like you so that the board can be used by people who aren't the worst possible examples of human beings.

We all already do, it just has a name.

HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO I HAVE TO FUCKING SAY THIS?!?

GET RID OF ALL OF THOSE IDIOT FAT FUCK AMERICANS.

Holy shit.

Are Canadians the only nationality on this board with common sense?

We are the only ones that can point out how fucked and stupid (and fat) those amerifucks are, and you guys still tolerate them.

Worse yet, you take orders from them like LITTLE FUCKING KEKS.

Don't believe me?

Well, remember when American posters invented the "a fucking leaf" meme, or the "cucknadian" trend while we called them out on their bullshit?

And what did the rest of the world do?

Did they question why the fat fuck American posters decided to make this a trend? Did you guys even ask yourselves why it was that we Canadians even did what we did?

NO. FUCKING NO.

You know what you guys did?

You guys JOINED THEM.

JUST LIKE YOUR RESPECTIVE COUNTRIES JOINED THEM IN INVADING THE MIDDLE EAST;

JOINED THEM IN MAKING THE INTERNATIONAL TRADE MAERKETS MORE INCLINED TO THEIR INTERESTS;

JOINED THEM IN TAKING ON THEIR CULTURE AND "AMERICANIZING" YOURSELVES.

YOU FUCKING KEKS.

*YOU* people may act like you can see how stupid the amerifats are, but at the end of the day, it is still *YOU* who follow them around like whipped and scared puppies.

Redeem yourselves, other countries.

Follow our lead, and push AGAINST the Americans.

Make this site better, greater, and STRONGER again.

BAN THE FUCKING AMERICANS.

Not our fault you ruin Cred Forums and now you're ruining Cred Forums mate

Shut up reddit

polcĂșcks needs to go back to their delusion nest

Ban discussion of everything I don't like

Ban fucking meta posts

lel nice pasta you syrupchugging snowcoon. It must be terrible being murica's hat.

#pointproven.jpg.png

You forgot the milk in bags...

more weed

Anyone who uses the word kino and isn't Russian should be shot out of a cannon into the Sun. Anyone who bitches about a Cred Forums related thread being posted should be dragged into public and shown on cam being tortured and executed.

Our beloved mods regularly sticky meme and shitpost threads, I don't think there is any point in trying to save it

I do wish the people here were more chill

We do more posts like this.

There are no movies worth discussing these days though.

>Russian

I think you mean French Canadian

I would be okay with this

Everyone who is Canadian or French should just die.

>What are some kinos, lads?

Why does this make me laugh so much?

Janitors and mods need to stop removing every single thread that has a picture of an legitimate actress in it. I don't know why Cred Forums is the only board on this site where we're not allowed to discuss waifus. Cred Forums has regular waifu threads, Cred Forums does, even Cred Forums allows the discussion of music waifus from what I can tell.

Because we like to have fun?

You're exactly what we need on this board :)

>French Canadian
Do you mean white trash?

Because you are mentally twelve and a meme loving faggot.

>we
>fun
Why do you think you're Cred Forums?

You're Cred Forums
You're Cred Forums
You're redditor trying to catch up everyone else thats been on the site for years, but think you're above Cred Forums

Minus the weird pedo-posting of course.

Because you're a tourist from Cred Forums and/or have a low IQ?

Autoban everyone with a reddit cookie

Cred Forums will never be good because there's too much pop-culture shit here and celebrity posting, obviously it'll never be a place where post are actually erudite and discussing film but it's fine as it is if you're easily amused like me

At best someone posts a film worth watching and you can gain from that but otherwise this the discourse here is pathetic.

>stop liking what I don't like! this is a serious board for serious motion picture discussion only!

Don't let the fa/tv/irgins get to you, they just don't appreciate classic humor.

The waifu threads detract from the memeposting, and bullshit. Cred Forums got a little notoriety from BANE? and the mods don't want to give it up, so they let it stagnate in the hope we get famous again.

Reddit gives out cookies? Man they really are so much better than Cred Forums. I'm gonna go check it out, I hope they're oatmeal raisin as that is the kino cookie.

>Reddit acts like he isn't Reddit even though he's defending a shit Reddit meme

Really made me think

>ban americans
>board slows to a crawl
>aussies go into overdrive to pick up the shitposting slack
>board becomes a wasteland of pedo spam and BLACKED threads

great idea leaf

rly makes u think

>A fucking leaf

Make /film/ (or /mv/ which is a much better name that keeps Cred Forums's board naming scheme and establishes a link with Cred Forums)
Make /cel/

but then you have to remember that this is when people found out about what /q/ was trying to do to this board(remove waifuposters)

and then the game of thrones "eternal general" started popping up and bring in more of them

more waifuposting :3c

AYO HOL UP
*SMACKS LIPS*
SO YOU BE SAYIN
*SUCKS TEETH*
SO YOU BE SAYIN
*ADJUSTS DICK*
YOU BE SAYIN LIBSHIT FAGGOTS ARE FUCKIN UP Cred Forums?

then baneposting went mainstream and Cred Forums cancer got blown out so they started flooding Cred Forums and the starting point of people not understanding why reddit isn't "welcome here"

step 1: remove Cred Forums posts
step 2: remove posts that complain about Cred Forums for no reason

who's that qt next to the dude with a medal

ban reddit,/pol,shityposting, waifu threads, better moderators,ban console war threads,e-celeb shit and you fix this shithole

We really need to find a way to get rid of morons like this.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/>Read about Korgoth of Barbaria/

What fucking drives a man to repost shit like this over and over again? He's not trying to force a meme. I don't even know what the fuck he's trying to do.

more feets

a product of star wars ""leaks"" bringing in tons of them and "people not understanding why reddit isn't "welcome here"

If at any point in these threads you have unironically suggested banning people, you have just outed yourself as fundamentally not understanding how this site works.

BANS
DONT
DO
A.N.Y.T.H.I.N.G

Fuck that, only Ledecky should be allowed to be posted, all other waifus are impure whores. That includes the animated ones.

He's the maker my guess

>all other waifus are impure whores.
oh c'mon now, thats uncalled for. I support waifus of all types!

Dequan please settle down

>No celebrity threads that don't refer to a particular film or series
>No paparazzi images of celebrities allowed unless they feature film sets or awards ceremonies
>NO /cel/, just let them rot
>/nick/ - containment board for children's television and it's related films

hello mark

no thats katie

if I've said it once, ive said it a billion times, SHES A GIRL, NOT A BOY

stop playing dumb mark

>improve
How fucking late to the game are you? VICE bought Cred Forums to shut it down over the Clinton/Pepe bullshit. All of the things that could have brought this site down, and it winds up being fucking Pepe. And a common one at at that.

>wwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh please ban things I don't like

If you don't like something ignore it you human vaginas

This. Though Lowtax is trying to buy it back.

?

oops, forgot to attach my image lol

Agreed with pretty much everything, especially the need for the robot

Shame the mods/Hiro don't actually read these threads

I want to sticki my dicki in Ledecky

........ well you'd have to marry her first, gl w/ that

Why is it that every right-winger on this site, without fail, refuses to see the parallels between them and the left?
For every Cred Forums thread about blm to trigger liberals, there's a thread with a picture/webm of someone's waifu making out with a black guy to trigger Cred Forums

And they're both fucking cancerous

Because both sides on the far ends of the spectrum are the absolute dregs of society.

No I would agree with you I guess I just think Cred Forums either loves to trigger Cred Forums or blindly gets triggered themselves but either way both need to just tolerate the other unless things get too shitty.

If everyone shut the fuck up about things it would be a better board, just stick to TV AND FILM.

You all know the answer

Make a proper /cel/ board WITH ACTUAL MODERATION

ban aidz
and i mean actually ban him so he can't even access the site from his phone or anything

By deleting it. Cred Forums is autism central and must be purged along with /r9k/ and /soc/

You ever notice how absolutely shitty Cred Forums gets with threads every day around this time? It's because this is when all the NEET Yuropeasant and Austrash dole scum who have no lives or jobs are still up while the halfway decent posters from their countries are in bed because they have lives. Plus they come here from Cred Forums because their povertyball threads are being taken over by the Americans and they're too fucking beta to stick around. Once you realize these facts it makes these threads a lot more funny because you can picture what a subhuman pile of human trash makes them.

>moot will never come back and ban the eurotrash

MAKE
IT
HAPPEN