>Cred Forums tells me that this is better than Aliens
>turns out to be absolute dogshit

Other urls found in this thread:

ifdb.fanedit.org/alien-the-hybrid-cut/#changes
youtube.com/watch?v=Vic6bO14CZg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>inb4 Cameron haters and defenders of David Fincher

Cred Forums hates Aliens a lot

This is basically the answer OP, a good deal of it is about fanboying for either director.
Some people also prefer 3 because they prefer endings where the protagonist dies.

pleb

>but mom its so BORING

neck yourself

it's not boring

it's utter shit

(not true, by the way)

Aliens moved away from what many people feel is the best part of the Alien movies, the claustrophobic terror.

It instead had generic action heroes, quips and badass gunplay. The Xenos could have been replaced by any generic enemy and it been exactly the same, just not in the Alien universe.

Cred Forums likes whatever critics don't like. But the thing is, most the time critics know what they're talking about, most the time Cred Forums doesn't.

It's a fucking disaster of a movie. I like that it tried to return to gothic horror, but it botched it in every way.

At least it's better than Resurrection.

>It instead had generic action heroes, quips and badass gunplay.

That's Resurrection you fucking toad.

It's okay, not better than Aliens though, lol

except resurrection had good creature effects, not goofy puppets that you can only show for a second before cutting away. resurrection is aliens done right and therefore the second best alien film

Alien> Aliens > Resurrection > Alien 3

I cant wait for the 2 new alien movies.
I think there is 2
There is also a new Predator movie coming out that is directed by I believe the guy who played as Hawkins in the first one.

Didn't resurrection do the whole "kill... me..." shit? If so, I'm willing to rate it the same for having such an iconic moment

Directors Cut is a lot better.

Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?

LET'S ROCK!

I like to keep this handy for close encounters.

We're on an express elevator to hell, going down!

..oh please...

i've only ever seen the assembly cut of this and it was good. were you too retarded to check which version to watch beforehand or something?

2 or 3 more planned Promethei, and an announced interquel or midway reboot following Aliens in there somewhere.
Also have high hopes for Shane Black's new Predator.

Alien > Aliens >>>>>>>>>>>>> Resurrection >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alien 3

maybe in the 90s

now they just rate shit based on how progressive it is, or rate it the polar opposite just to be different and draw more attention to their site or what have you

no

I rue the day you cunts learned the word quip because now it auto completes in your brain to 'bad'.

As for generic action heroes, the hell they were if anything they set the foundation for the copycats that came after, and generic doesn't mean bad either.

Alien is the only genuinely worthwhile film in the series. Aliens is absolute dogshit, one of the most culturally destructive films ever released. Alien 3 is ultimately only mediocre but it's a step back towards some kind of dignified ending for the series. But then they made Alien: R and the series has been full blown Cred Forumseddit meme shit ever since.

taste.jpg

Maybe some peole just plain don't like gung ho action movies, doesn't mean you're right and they're wrong. As movies go it was pretty good, but it didn't feel like a alien movie to me, nor apparently to others too.

If something resonates with plebs and ends up being copied then that is absolutely the fault of the original text. If Aliens wasn't shit then unsophisticated viewers wouldn't have been enabled by it in the first place.

ASSEMBLY CUT YOU NIGGER

still shitty

it's better than 4 but still dogshit, agree

that was a deleted scene in the first alien

closest i can think of in resurrection is the dude who was trapped by the aliens and expositioning while the hybrid alien hatched.

It's pretty bad. Even Fincher thought so.

aliens

There is a scene with a failed ripley clone asking ripley to kill her so she lights her up

I don't get it, Fincher fucking hates Alien 3, why would his fans claim this is better than Aliens?

There is no such thing as a director's cut of Alien^3.

People who like a person's work don't always share that person's opinion. Shocking, I know.

Interesting. I only remember the failed ripley clone saying it, I must have totally forgotten the Aliens one, and I was unaware about the deleted scenes

In the assembly cut it's oxshit.

But he's not talking about people who just like Fincher's work, he's talking about people who feel the need to rabidly defend everything he does.

So I find it odd they'd rabidly deny him in this way.

Official Rankings

>Great
Alien
Aliens(SE)
Alien Isolation

>Good/Decent
Prometheus

>Potentially Good
Blomkamp's yet-untitled Alien 5
Alien: Covenant

>Bad
Aliens(Theatrical)
Alien(Director's Cut)
Alien3(all versions, even assembly cut)

>Shit
Alien Resurrection
Alien: Colonial Marines

>Alien Director's Cut
>bad
Explain your retardation.

you forgot GAME OVER, MAN

Also, it often happens that a creator of a work was going through a bad patch of some kind, or having a very painful creative process overall. They then negatively associate these historical circumstances with the work itself, so that they of course cannot be objective about their own work, since they're too close to it.

Let's be perfectly clear. I'm not defending Alien^3 on its own merits (it sucks). I'm just pointing out that it can and it does happen that a creative writes off a piece of his own work not because of the lack of merit of the completed work itself, but because of their personal history associated with making the work.

The added cocoon scene at the end kills the pacing, should be moved to before the self-destruct sequence is activated.

The DC also cuts out footage for no reason.

Its not an actual true director's cut anyways. It was only made because Fox wanted each film to have alternative cuts.

There's a fan edit that's sadly no longer available or in HD that adds the scenes in better.

and you still retarded

>fan edit

ew

>generic action heroes
>they all get wiped out in few minutes and cry like fucking kids
>only Ripley gets shits done right mirroring perfectly the first movie

How can people be so retarded to be unable to get such a simple movie.

Because some autists are upset that Aliens has a """"happy""" ending and ignore the many faults of Alien3

I'm not that guy and his separation of the two cuts of Alien is silly. They're both great, and both virtually the same movie except for the egg scene.

However, it is true that the original theatrical release is superior to the so-called "director's cut", the latter which really just represented Ridley cashing a check by cutting together an alternate version at the request of Fox. Scott's own (correct) opinion is that the original theatrical version is better, and this is the version that he personally regards as his "definitive" version of the film.

I've seen Alien in the theater twice, but both times it was the so-called DC, which now has a vague status as a latter-day "standard" version due to being Newer and "Better". I hope to see the theatrical version in the theater at some point.

I don't know

you tell me, you are the retarded

Jonah?

Wasn't it heavily implied that the cat in Alien had a chestburster inside it at the end of the movie or am I remembering it wrong? I kept waiting for it to go off at the station where ripley lived in the beginning of aliens but it never happened

>Alien
>meh horror movie
>Aliens
>meh action movie
>Alien 3
>meh whatever the fuck it was
>Alien: Resurrection
>pretty enjoyable and fun sci-fi movie

I know fan edits are typically bad more often than not, but this one is like a better version of the Director's Cut.

ifdb.fanedit.org/alien-the-hybrid-cut/#changes

Sadly it's almost a decade old and it's not in HD, or even anywhere that I can find to download.

Guaranteed (You)s

>unsophisticated viewers

I knew Cred Forums was shit but goddamn here's some fedoracore pretentious hipster bullshit term.

Aliens has a happy ending? Since when?

Does that mean we hate Predator now cuz it too had a ''''''''''happy'''''''''' ending?

Where does it end?

All Alien movies (except for AvP shit and Prometheus) are good in their own way.
Fucking miles better than anything that comes out today.
Alien and Alien 3 are good horror\sort of slasher films.
Aliens and Resurrection are good action films.
Alien 3 is the end of the road for Ripley, she's owned by Aliens completely, grim, scary and sad finale, the end of her suffering. Bad guys have won as it happens in 95% of cases in reality. I totally understandable that many people don't like that. The production was a nightmare also but it was salvaged with the Assembly Cut.
Resurrection is the weakest of them all but it has it's moments, some fun action scenes and nice characters.

During the creative process, they had a lot of crazy ideas for how to end the picture, one of which IIRC may indeed have involved infecting the cat. Another idea that they played around with was that the alien somehow killed Ripley and actually /manages to speak in Ripley's voice/, recording something like the same sign-off that is actually done in teh completed movie. The point of this weird permutation would be the threat that this alien is coming to Earth, catching everyone unawares.

However, at no point in the completed film's cuts do we have much reason to believe that Jonesy has in fact been given any bad alien-ju-ju. And this certainly wasn't heavily implied, either, since by the end of the movie we've learned a lot about the basic creature's life-cycle. In order to "heavily imply" that Jonesy had some sort of a chestburster, we would need some sort of a cue that some other facehugger had attacked Jones, in order to fit the logic of the rest of the picture. We never see anything like this, except for a piece of molted skin that Brett discovers as a panicked Jones runs away. However, the function of this piece of dead skin in the movie is clearly not to suggest anything like what I was theorizing above, but instead to foreshadow that the chestburster has very rapidly matured into an adult Alien, in the space of a few hours, or even several minutes.

In both cuts, the Alien comes face-to-face with Jones, regarding the cat in its case. However the alien seems (to me to be) intent on a few other different things: resting, escaping the big noisy space ship, and/or killing Ripley. It regards the cat as something harmless, not worth its time. Thus in the DC, the alien violently swats Jones' box off to one side, but is not directly depicted as doing anything further to the animal.

Further, although this is moot to watching the original film itselt, it is true that the sequel firmly establishes that Jones survives intact, and quite a normal kitty.

In some of the more recent Alien threads here on Cred Forums people complain that Aliens had a """"happy"""" ending because Hicks, Newt, and Bishop survived.

I don't know either, I honestly don't understand the people who think that.

lady

Are these the same people that claim the alien has metal teeth?

I didn't see that come up but it's possible.

Well, it's definitely not better than Aliens. I used to be of the opinion that it's better than Resurrection, but I no longer hold that opinion.

First of all, Aliens is a good action film, but Sigourney is BARELY acceptable in it. Just barely. And what the film did do very well was expand the lore.

And that leads us into Alien 3. If Sigourney was barely tolerable in Aliens, then you bet your ass by Alien 3 she is an unstoppable super hero mary sue. This isn't even to mention that Alien 3 will always be shit due to what COULD have been (adult Newt, remove Sigourney as a main character).

So why is Resurrection better? Because it's the only other alien film more in line with the first. And most importantly, despite that we're stuck with Sigourney, she isn't REALLY Sigourney in that film, she's just an android with some recollection.

Therefore, behold the power ranking of the Alien franchise:

Alien > Aliens > Outland > Resurrection > Alien 3

>Outland
Do I sense some non-canon comic book bullshit here?

>by Alien 3 she is an unstoppable super hero mary sue
No, really, what?
Care to provide a couple of examples?

You forgot alien: Workprint version.
u r a retard.

Outland is a Sean Connery film, aesthetically similar to Alien, since much of the people who worked on Alien went on to do that film.

It's obviously not actually an Alien film, but it's easy to accept the events in the film as happening within the same universe.

>Mary sue example

That she survived at all and played the lead again.

>There's a fan edit that's sadly no longer available or in HD that adds the scenes in better.
I've got this. Extra 25 minutes of footage too.

>Blomkamp's yet-untitled Alien 5
>Alien: Covenant
>Potentially Good
no
they'll both be shit

all of blommkamps movies have gotten worse
I'm starting to think District 9 was a fluke because of it

>Prometheus
>good
>Resurrection
>shit

kys my man

>mixing in video games

Is it?

Do you have a link?

Cant judge something till it releases or we at least see footage

>not liking Alien Isolation

So many plebs on this board. Patricians love all three of them.

> (You)
>Is it?
Sorry, the only torrent is dead.
Heres the info hash, you might get lucky:
BE6644B73F37CC7B235DFBDD6611DE4B3C6AB4E0

Thanks user. Maybe i will.

This retarded do it

Like we all know, the production was a huge mess and it is evident in lot of the scenes of the film. But it has still amazing kino moments. The most striking image of the series (maybe outside of the chestburster) is the extreme close up of the xenomorph pushing its face towards Ripley and you see absolute terror in her eyes.

It also has this amazing intro where the Fox fanfare takes a creepy turn and connects directly to the score of the movie:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vic6bO14CZg

I wonder how good it could have been with a proper script, less studio interference and Fincher having control.

Correct.

>Alien3 > Alien > Resurrection > Aliens

fixed it

>assembly cut is good meme
kys.

Kek

Any germans listen to pic related already? Its a 4 1/2 hour audio drama based on the novel by Tim Lebbon with a lot of recognizable german voice actors, pretty well done

That's your example? Fuck off, pleb.

What more do you need? It was established from the beginning of Alien 3 that Ripley is a permanent fixture of the franchise. She's boring. She is like Super Man. She'd never die, it takes away from the film, you're watching struggle upon struggle and always with the same result.

She should have never been cast for Alien 3.

>she'd never die
>actually dies at the end of 3
Wew lad

how much better or worse was this than Afronauts.

SPACE AND SH1ET

Aliens is a rip-off of Starship Troopers. I'm pretty sure they used a draft of a Troopers sequel for the movie because they even call the Xenos bugs in it.

Resurrection had a CG alien swimming around with nu-metal music playing as it at someone alive ala Jaws. I hate to tell you this but it's complete crap.

Suck my dick, faggit.

Hurts to be wrong, doesn't it?

David Fincher's worst movie that he can't stop coming up with excuses for

>b-but the studio messed it up not me

>caring enough about Alien 3 to defend it on a Siamese twin surgical separation HowTo tutorial comment section

nah, you probably seen Alien 3 multiple times. That is what has to hurt.

I'm pretty sure you're retarded.

>not liking Aliums
I bet these are the same plebs who talk down about Starship Troopers.

Do I need to speak fag to understand what you just wrote?

2 was a cashgrab action movie

3 moved the story forward and was thought provoking

what thoughts did it provoke?

How one movie can be fucked up so bad?

upboat, redditors

>muh reddit boogie man
You're as dumb as the anti-pol shills.

>bringing up reddit
Found the redditor

>end my suffering
>proceeds to burn her to death

For what purpose?

teevee hates everything, but sincerely this baffles me

Holy shit, she is near flat.

It was shit indeed, just like Resurrection.

It's a shame this franchise seems cursed after Aliens, and both the AVP movies sucked as well.

The first AvP is the definition of "fuck you I liked it" to me. I really like the setting, it's reminiscent of The Thing, and there's some nice creature effects, especially in the uncut version. It's very silly and very flawed but I enjoy it.

The second one is one of the only films to make me almost offended by the violence.

>face hugger a kid because EDGE
>that horrible scene where the Predalien forces eggs down a pregnant woman's throat before they eat her baby and burst out of her belly

WTF were they thinking

worst bait ever

>actually believing this

this board is trash

meh, I hate ancient temple settings, even though avp wasn't that bad.

i wish they'd have used the first comic as a place to go from.

>Wayland colonizing planet
>alien eggs set to hatch by predators however fucking long ago before any humans arrived
>eggs hatch, predators come for their young to learn to hunt
>humans in the crossfire of it all

now that would have been a great avp movie.

Scifi AVP would have been true kino.

I just love that temple, it's scarier than the monsters. The constantly shifting corridors. So deep underground your corpse will never be found. It's a new take on the claustrophobia of the original Alien. Inspired my favourite online pvp map in AvP too.