Anyone else finds this design much scarier than the one that was in the film?

Anyone else finds this design much scarier than the one that was in the film?

How about you post what the one in the film looks like so we have a reference you retarted faggot

unless someone has a camrip, there are no good pics of the 2016 Witch

"Elly Kedward" is a spoonerism of Edward Kelly, a scryer (person who looks into a crystal ball) who assisted the occultist John Dee in occult activities during the Elizabethan years. In particular, Kelly and Dee are noted for explaining the so-called "Enochian" language, a purported language of the angels which was later popularized by the 20th century occultist Aleister Crowley.

So The Witch was an Angel? Is that what the light was about?

Wow what fucking year is it lol

Where did you find this image?

I haven't seen the new movie if that's what you're referring to.

When the character's name was originally prepared for the original film and related materials, I'm pretty sure that the filmmakers just wanted a spoopy name that has an actual connection to something real in the occult. also the backstory of Elly is that she had a hardscrabble life first in the British Isles and later in America, like in the late 1600s/early 1700s or thereabouts, and so this vague "way back when" of early colonialism is also a similar historical period to the actual historical person of Edward Kelly. I don't think they read anything further into it than that though, they just wanted to cook up a name which is vaguely suggestive of a certain history.

Just Google "Blair Witch toy"

how about you actually watch the fucking movie before joining a discussion about it

OP's image is part of the standard stock of imagery which accompanied the original release of The Blair Witch Project, and is a depiction of the titular character, dating from the period of the first movie. I wouldn't be surprised if he got it from the "old" website itself (which is still up, to the filmmakers' and marketers' credit, although the domain now appears to be being used to promote the new flick).

that's not her look from the new movie

Isn't the "titular character" the video footage itself?

had this in the back of my head as I was writing, well memed lad.

But "titular character" may in fact be legitimately used as a descriptor, even when a proper name is enfolded in a more complex title-phrase, as long as it is clearly the only proper name (or even "generic name" if you like, as in the case of "The Blair Witch") present in the title. Example: Jason Bourne is the titular character of all of the Bourne movies, even though most titles are meme-permutations that are not exactly Bourne's name itself, but incorporates it into a larger phrase which suggests something about the plot of each movie.

"titular" just means "of the title." So to say "the titular character" means it's referenced in the title. The video footage itself would be "eponymous."

there's a part at like, the very end of the movie where for no reason a fuckton of light shines through the windows right before the Witch attacks

Anything is scarier than another thin, pale humanoid long-mouthed screamer ghost.

The movie is about alien abductions. That's the reason.

This?

This. The newer movie seems to have forgotten most of the subtlety of the original. Ideally they shouldn't have shown the Witch at all, but if they absolutely had too, we should have gotten only a very, very vague faraway silhouette. The Blair Witch that I always imagined in my head is way scarier than the one they showed.

*absolutely had to