"No wonder Civil War’s big blow-out — half the superheroes pointlessly battling the other half in a Leipzig airport...

"No wonder Civil War’s big blow-out — half the superheroes pointlessly battling the other half in a Leipzig airport — becomes repetitious and calamitous. It’s the most pointless, decadent scene of the year so far. Directing team Anthony and Joe Russo work by-the-numbers, staging blurry, undecipherable action and rounding up extraneous Marvel characters Ant Man (Paul Rudd) and Spider Man (Tom Holland) for comic relief. It’s rebooting on top of rebooting simply because fanboys love a reboot; that’s how pathetically indoctrinated we’ve become" ---- Armond White

Is he right?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/132806170
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's weird that the first 20 mins or so of the movie is actually well made then turns to total crap

While "big chase through a market place" is kind of a cliche the opening sequence is well done
Then the fight down the stairwell with Bucky and Capt America is a really nice fight sequence

Then all of a sudden: grey office building, grey air port, grey prison, grey Soviet hideout

I'm guessing the opening is left over from Serpent Society and then Russo's lost control of the film so Disney and slap in special guest stars for no reason

Based Armond is always right.

Hell, if he told me I was gay I'd drop down and start blowing dudes without a moment's hesitation

I wholeheartedly agree my fellow contrarian. The office should have been orange, the airport should have been red and the prison should have been made out of yellow neon lights. I'm not sure what colour Soviet Hideouts should be. Red and gold like the USSR Flag?

kys Cred Forums

>say Marvel is shit

>gb2/pol/

nice 1

Of course he is

The parts you're describing as good are a Captain America movie, the parts you're describing as bad are an Avengers movie.

Cant wait for Nov so you stormweenies fuck off back

delusional nigger

The first part's action scenes are edited terribly.

That bodes well for Infinity War then

>the airport fight was bad I swear it!!!!!!!!!

the difference is in the MCU the characters are consistent and it makes sense for most of the characters to just try to capture or KO each other, not kill, meanwhile in all other capeshit media heroes regularly try to murder other heroes for no reason other than the creators want le hardcore badass fight

Every movie since the 90s have terribly edited action sequences due to the over reliance on cgi

>can't leave the Marvel vs DC dichothomy out of your thoughts a single instant

it doesn't matter if it's better than other "capeshit media", it's still laughably bad

Well, except for the ones that don't rely on cgi, like The Raid and Fury Road

True enough. Cgi should be used to fix up mistakes using practical effects

I like the fight, what do you fucking expect in capeshit movie, nobody go to the movies to see a philosophical challenge, much less in a action toys movie.
I just go with friends and family to get fun, when we throw christians to the lions again i would see it too.

Yeah, which is how Fincher does it

Fury Road does have terribly edited action. but it's on purpose.

It also uses a fair amount of cgi compositing.

nice

You're fucking retarded

someone's mad their favorite movie uses shittons of cgi

vimeo.com/132806170

>I'm guessing the opening is left over from Serpent Society
Wha?

No you dumbass, I know it did
But it used more practical effects for an action movie than almost any other, and the editing is amazingly good

>Fury Road does have terribly edited action
no it doesn't

>Cred Forums sucking contrarian nigger cock instead of using their own opinions and arguments
>the contrarian niggers' argument is a load or pretentious bullcrap instead beinh a straight to the point analysis
This board is somehow more retarded than /lit/.

Say what you will about the rest of the movie, but if you disagree with OP's Armond quote then you are objectively a mouth-breathing moron.

My biggest issue was the fact that they were quipping the whole fucking time like they were best buds, and got S H O C K E D when someone actually got hurt like that wasn't the point of this fucking garbage: Beating the enemy into submission before it all goes to hell.

Like, are you fucking serious. Captain America dropped a truck on a teenager having no clue if he could actually hold it up. Imagine if Spider Man was even a tiny bit weaker, imagine if Captain fucking America crushed a teenager to death.

I understand that on some level they wanted to use it as a sort of contrast to when assblasted Stark was going to kill Capts fuckbuddy which, I guess, was supposed to be a darker moment, but really it just came off as a load of typical cape-shit.

I expected more too, after seeing how good The Winter Soldier was. Then I got this.

>I'm guessing the opening is left over from Serpent Society and then Russo's lost control of the film so Disney and slap in special guest stars for no reason

You're pretty god damn wrong. The movie was going to be very similar to what we got if it wasnt civil war. They still were using zemo, and bucky and wanted to tie in panther some how. Serpent society was a joke and NO ONE was going to do that movie.