Seriously...

seriously, is this good or just an empty project wrapped in MUH NOSTALGIA MUH REFERENCES MEMBER YODA that fooled everyone into thinking that it has substance?

For the first half hour of the first episode I had the exact thoughts as you OP.

Turns out I loved the shit out of that show and couldnt stop bingewatching it. Its got really good writing and the whole mysterious tone doesn't feel cheesy at all.

it was a derivative nostalgiac plot with great performers.

what else do you want, you meme-loving faggot?

it's a meme show favored by reddit

The characterization is solid, and the excellent performances from the cast tie the whole thing together. It's surprisingly good, you double nigger.

>empty project wrapped in MUH NOSTALGIA MUH REFERENCES MEMBER YODA that fooled everyone into thinking that it has substance?

pretty much

I've watched three episodes so far. I'm enjoying it but something tells me I've seen the best it has to offer so far, I know it is a short series and I may as well watch the remaining ones but are they as good as the first three episodes?

The most interesting thing you'll miss out in is the weirdly out-of-place Eleven sex scene.

I liked it fine

Only Redditors enjoy things OP. Are you a Redditor or a real hardcore Anonymous? Well?

It was good but not because of the nostalgia. The only thing that was "retrothemed" really was the music and the set

watch it back to back with a good old 80s movie like River's Edge and you can see where Stranger Things misses the ball

I got through one episode and couldn't care about the rest

I'm not particularly interested in overthinking how much of a meme/reddit/fad/whatever it is because that's not what I watch movies or TV for. I just really enjoyed everything about it, even down to Winona Ryder.

It is definitely nostalgic and retro but it's not just a reference-fest. The plot and characters really grasped me personally.

I get that the homages in Stranger Things are overt, but really how many shows or movies are that original? If we're being completely honest, the reason this got shat on here is because it got so popular so quickly. I think it's OK to make something in the style of something else as long as it can still stand on its own, which I think this can.

I literally just finished watching it.

I haven't been this glued to a show in what feels like a decade. I have almost zero complaints about it. It's that kind of show that you feel guilty over never wanting to end because then it wouldn't be as magical anymore. Now I need to pick up X-files or rewatch Twin Peaks or something.

Also Steve a best, gotta love that rogue with the heart of gold.

discord invite please

t. reddit

damn now I gotta finish watching it

thanks user

7/10
8/10 if you yearn to vicariously experience young love.

the writing for the villains was absolute garbage

the performance by the chief was great

the style was exceptional

the first few episodes were excellent

the show overall was extremely overrated

sent ;)

So 10/10 for me then
;_;

it doesnt work like that. Post it here

the show is good on its own merits, but the intense adoration it's been getting is largely predicated on nostalgia, whether for 80s movies, having friends as a kid, or whatever

if you have fond memories of such things, you will like it a lot. if you don't, you'll probably still like it, but will wonder why people can't shut up about it

Dude check your personal messages, I sent it to you directly.

there are no personal messages on Cred Forums

I finished the whole thing. seriously when does it get good? what's all the hubbub about?

get the Cred Forums pass

post it here

Then everyone will have it. Delete your account