youtube.com/watch?v=KnjEAaLOAg0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem
youtube.com/watch?v=iPOLYNNUYaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cVikZ8Oe_XA
youtube.com/watch?v=WaeRM7X_yS4
youtube.com/watch?v=vRJ5cCP0ZPE
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I didnt really get the whole mr burns becomes afraid of germs thing until just recently when I watched The Aviator.

was this an abortion joke?

the joke is there is any name you could want including a non name like bort but not bart

I always got that. fucking things never had my name.

No, my wife's son is also named Bort

The first non brazilian time travel thing.

Rover Hendrix

>car hole

i always hear people tell the story of how matt groening was confused about why the joke was changed, but i haven't heard what the new joke even means

Reminder that you share this board with people so thick they don't understand simple shit like this

>Lisa, in this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics!
What does it mean?

I always loved this because it was followed up one of the best jokes in the series

youtube.com/watch?v=KnjEAaLOAg0

its hold

>le science joke
I hate it when Homer made these jokes the most.

Because it's entirely out of character and clearly a writer invading the script with his own joke. It was reddit-joke before reddit existed. I noticed that sometimes with fry in futurama too.

Reminder that you share a board with people that don't get what most people call "jokes". I'm talking about YOU, user. The OP is obviously making a joke on the joke. Everyone get's the Bort joke including OP. If you didn't have autism, you would get he's making a joke on the normal theme of "simpsons jokes you didn't get threads". THAT'S the ironic thing here. It's you that is the simpleton.

BYOB is "bring your own booze" but idk what the last B in that is for

lisa did a machine that creates energy.
laws of thermodynamics say that you can't create energy.

inb4 chuck's feed and seed

that joke is fucking awesome.

while the first extra B seems like a Typo, which you didn´t expect it isn´t, followed by a typical one.

Are you retarded?

how can you not 'get' these? its mostly just homer being dumb and occasionally knowing something intelligent, thats the joke

an even bigger joke is this thread

it´s a typo

In America, really shitty tourist places will sell things with names on them. "Bob, John, Jim, Bill" etc. uncommon names like Ezekiel or something are hard to find

The joke is that Bart is a common name, yet they don't sell it. Instead they sell Bort, an uncommon name

It's irony

are you implying that those are simple non-sequiturs?
you know that the writers were autistic as fuck, right?

>it's entirely out of character
that's the point though

That's the joke, doofus
That a moron like Homer knows these kinds of things
>Karma can only be portioned out by the cosmos!

Homers Bring Your Own Beer BQ

BYOBB = Bring your own beer B

What's hard to understand?

IS it a sex joke?

the joke

your head

>It's irony
i don´t think you know what irony means

A tv classic.

>Hank: Hey, look at my feet.

Homer: Okay.

>Hank: You like those moccasins? Look in your closet; there's a pair for you. Don’t like them? Then neither do I! [Throwing moccasins out the door] Get the hell out of here! Heh, ever see a guy say good-bye to a shoe?

Homer: [chuckling] Yes, once.

Bort?

summer vacation you fool

it's just silly i think. like that first non-brazilian thing.

How did this get past FDA regulations.

But why is that funny?

>it was a joke

how is it a joke for a character who lacks ability to suddenly gain ability.

I've never seen that "joke". Homer didn't just make the joke, he understood the Law of Thermodynamics so succinctly that he was making allusions to domestic disobedience.

like i said, it's a reddit joke. Homer is a bumbling idiot, not an analytical wiseman with biting analysis.

>how is it a joke for a character who lacks ability to suddenly gain ability.
That's the part where it's supposed to be funny but I guess you have autism

its a joke because its entirely out of character

you don't expect an idiot like homer to all of a sudden know about thermodynamics, so it's unexpected and funny

are you seriously this retarded or am i being baited here

kek

>its a joke because its entirely out of character

how is it funny to be "out of character"?

That's called breaking the 4th wall territory, the lowest of the low comedy.

autism

i don't get it

the extra B is for BYOBB

for fucks sake user...

>Principal Skinner
>owning a genuinely funny apron
I don't think you get novelty aprons and/or his character.

The joke wouldn't work if it was a smart person. Then it would just be sperging out. The joke is Homer as an idiot insisting on adherence to things he can't even begin to understand.

When you're wet your ears can't properly "trap" sound, so by homer saying hes "in a towel" he's implying he's wet (probably from a shower/bath) and therefore has trouble hearing.

> Homer is an idiot insisting on adherence to things he can't even begin to understand.

Whoa, he really is the everyman

cripes man take a break from this place its rotting your brain.

people with long hair tend to wear towels on their head to dry their hair after a shower, this makes it hard to hear when using the phone. so when they pick up the phone wearing a towel, they say "you'll have to speak up, i'm wearing a towel"

homer is also wearing a towel.

I don't think that's it. Women wear towels on their heads after a shower/bath, so they have trouble hearing sometimes. Homer is confusing that with him wearing a towel around his waist.

autism.txt

i think this is just dumb for the sake of dumb

i highly doubt the joke is as technical as this

I also never got this

but it still makes me laugh like a donkey when Lenny says "the bear in the little car."

I'm seein' double here... four Krusty's!!

homer knows that women that wear towels (around their head) after a shower say it when they're using the phone, so he says it too when he's on the phone while wearing a towel (around his waist). he doesn't realize why they say it though, he just copies them.

you are fucking dumb

2x2 is 4

well homer says to marge that he loves all artforms or whatever to appear more classy, then proceeds to say he loves ballet. he doesn't actually know what that is and thinks it's a bear riding a car in a a circus. which he would love to see.

He is actually seeing double, and not as a joke when seeing two nearly identical people, which is what you'd assume he'd mean in a situation like this.

no you're fucking dumb

>Dude you seriously dont get this one? you never played chinese whispers?

the telephone game usually resulted in things being misinterpreted

the first person would start the message and because people suck at whispering the next person would usually misunderstand what the last person said

and you'd end up with weird shit like purple monkey dishwasher

Sneeds feednseed

you're the retard who thinks the towel joke is homer being rofl xd random instead of you're fucking dumb

goddamn i hate you motherfuckers

You're joking, right?

>that grey, shapeless "food"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem

Just in case you're serious.

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times" is how A Tale Of Two Cities opens, the monkey just fucked it up.

They really nailed American "cuisine"

It's Malk. If you drink it, you can talk to street signs.

>bort

>That's called breaking the 4th wall territory, the lowest of the low comedy.

sounds like you have some index cards to reorganize then

No, no! The person who's always standing and walking.

Rory Calhoun?

it's funny because he works at a nuclear powerplant

i didn't get this simply because i don't know who rory calhoun is

you don't need to know who is really. it's like this
>Krusty: Ugh, 35 years in show business and already no one remembers me, just like what's-his-name and whose-it, and you know that guy, always wore a shirt?
>Bart: Ed Sullivan?
doesn't make any sense. the joke lies in that everyone wears shirts, but that bart actually thinks of a specific person when all he has to go with is "wearing a shirt" is funny.

the person who is always standing and walking could be anyone. actually taking a serious guess at rory calhoun, some actor, is just silly. also i think it's kind of a funny name.

I loved this then and I love it now

>meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow

What did he mean by this?

It's the meow mix song

In my opinion Homer has always had strokes of genius or sincere sentiment moments throughout the golden age of The Simpsons (as opposed to always being a retard) which I think made him a much stronger character because of it.

>Moe: Let's tear down the observatory so that this never happens again!

I was a child and got actually scared that there was a type of building that could attract meteors.

I did and it STILL makes no sense.

Milhouse: Look! It's my hero, Michelle Kwan!
Michelle Kwan: You remind me of a young Dorothy Hamill.
Milhouse: I didn't know you could talk!

>OH, NO, I'M SWEATING LIKE ROGER EBERT

the box..THE BOX!!

well it' jimi hendrix's dog. looks like a stoner, and shares his name. believe that's all there is to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=iPOLYNNUYaQ

they act the way fish behave when you crush their aquarium. also, abe is dement and speaks spanish because of it.

>una vela
?????

I always just assumed that the joke was that Homer when asked if Homer had ever seen a man say "goodbye" to a shoe, he answered truthfully, and maybe a bit too literally, by saying that he had seen that exact thing, because it occurred 2 seconds before.

''Father, I'm not a Catholic, but...well, I tried to march in the St. Patrick's Day parade. But anyway...''

means one candle in spanish, but it refers to marijuana. i think there's a song about it named una vela.

why bart specifically has become a mascot for it, i don't know.

simpsons is really big in spain

strangely big

>"DOUGH"

What did he mean by this?

Simpsons is really big literally everywhere.

One of the biggest channels in Finland has shown golden age Simpsons daily 11 years in a row and it's still the fifth most watched show. Asia has channels that show nothing but Simpsons.

>tfw Ausfag
>used to show golden age Simpsons every night at 6 P.M. for years
>they changed it over to The Bold and the Beautiful
>petition to change it back to The Simpsons and it fucking worked

No idea what the fuck they're showing these days, I barely even watch free-to-air TV anymore.

This thread demonstrates that the biggest tragedy of the holocaust was that we humans collectively lost our taste for gassing undesirables

the song talks about watching the simpsons while smoking marijuana

also, long time ago, fotolog/metroflog was really big on south america, and it had a lot of awful edits of cartoons smoking weed and shit. the simpsons are really big on south america, so you should expect a lot of edits of the bad boy bort smoking marijuana and supporting his favorite agentinian futbol club.

bart isn't a common name.

i knew a guy who's name was bartholomew but we all called him tolly

agreed

It's bootleg milk

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=cVikZ8Oe_XA

ITT: people who need to watch the commentaries with David Mirkin.

youtube.com/watch?v=WaeRM7X_yS4

>"Originally Homer was going to say "I'm the first non animated person to travel through time! But Fox demanded it be changed, so we just slapped Brazilian in there and forgot about it"

You fuckers could suck the fun out of a gay anti-bear parade

>this whole thread
>No Sneeds

Im disappointed

I legitimately don't get the "Bort joke" can someone explain it to me?

It's a weird and uncommon name in the real world, and Bart is annoyed his name isn't there, but plenty of Borts are.

This joke was better when Bill Hicks told it.

>Im disappointed
You're retarded. It's mentioned twice already.

Homer's intimate knowledge of the superme court will never not be funny

LORD PALMERSTON

"Chuck's Fuck and Suck"

That was 100 percent improv from Brooks. In the commentaries they say that 90 percent of Al Brooks' lines are improved and they got tapes of alternate takes from each one.

That is irony you fuck

YOU CAN'T?

Same.

oh god this is great

Post some of those South American simpsons pictures.

>watching Simpsons on channel 10 while having dinner

Shit was comfy as fuck.

How come Rich has a little tiny cocky-kun?

I always laughed when somebody makes an autism joke on Cred Forums...but this user really does have autism.

I always thought it was a meme.

Nobody is this autistic irl .... r-r-right guys?

Tell me more about how intimatly you know the fictional character Homer J Simpson. Tell me how The Simposons has such an unbreakable cannon and how the writers would -fuck it
8/10 good trolling

I too will reply to your obvious b8.
Something autism something something reddit.

I agree with you but it's not a reddit joke, dumbshit; it's a self insert. You might want to spend less time on Cred Forums.

what is the joke

I got this joke immediately when i watched it live. I was a child. You are a dense faggot.

It's funny because he couldn't play the piano before

>William = Bill
>Robert = Bob
>Richard = Dick

So Bort must be... FOR YOU

You guys better stay the fuck away from the greatest episode of anything ever.

>people being elitist assholes about the SIMPSONS

sometimes I wish you all DIED

gonna watch the simpsons to cheer myself up

it's a white thing

this makes sense

St. Patrick is a catholic saint.

Nice greentext pham

Why did it need changed?

never got this. How are fat and old the opposite of one another?

>Actual autistics browse this place
I didn't want to believe it, but it's true.

the joke is pretty obvious. It works better if you went to American amusement parks as a kid

>That was considered Americas fattest man in the 90's

Stfu we're not doing this again

PIT THE ELDER
I
T

T
H
E

E
L
D
E
R

this is like the early ancient snpp bad reviews of classic episodes back when they first aired

Thats literally the joke man

make-up is a miracle

I always figured it was about enquirer type magazines explaining missing people and kidnappings with ufos and/or time travel. The movie Repo Man references the same thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=vRJ5cCP0ZPE

>gay anti-bear parade
u go to some weird parades dude
>bear/leather parade FTW

why did he write it on his hand?

thats the joke

>Weee-wi-mo-mo-a-weh Weee-wi-mo-mo-a-weh Weee-wi-mo-mo-a-weh Weee-wi-mo-mo-a-weh Weee-wi-mo-mo-a-weh Weee-wi-mo-mo-a-weh

>... stop that

Does gay rubber puppy parade count?