IT'S GOOD BECAUSE IT'S BAD

>IT'S GOOD BECAUSE IT'S BAD
>IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE IT ISN'T
>IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ENTERTAINING, THAT'S THE POINT
>YOU JUST DON'T GET IT

I hate meta-humor and all forms of post-ironic entertainment.

You have to admit that The Room is pretty fun to watch.

Especially after reading that book of his. Really adds to the experience.

>simpleton user cant get over a rusing.

Meta is the best and most interesting way to tell stories in the post-modern world. Everything else is stuck in the same three act structure, so it's not like I'm coming from an elitist point of view.

We're stuck between dumb Hollywood movies and weird European cinema. Meta should be the link between the two, to ease viewers into more complicated stuff.

>inability to appreciate irony
The face of autism.

>finding superiority through irony

>pic related

You're being post-ironic aren't you

The great irony is, films like "the Room" or any of Neil Breen's work are the ultimate pleb filter, any normie I've tried to introduce them to couldn't get past 10 minutes because it was "too dumb bruv"

I just enjoy earnest entertainment

Be mad at yourself for being too stupid to get it.

The "good" "so bad it's good" films are exactly those that were made earnestly, Sharknado is crap because everyone was "in on the joke", Breen's stuff is great because the guy is batshit and thinks he's making a quality film

its not hard to get at all, even darkies understand it so that means pretty much everyone does. it just isnt that funny, deal with it.

all humour is in some way meta, you are just a retard and a faggot

t. simpleton

I agree with this my friend
>I just enjoy earnest entertainment
Preach brother

Yet stuff like Tim And Eric is well-liked, and it's bad on purpose.

only works if its unintentional

I would agree that shit like Eric Andre is garbage "SO RANDOM xD" humor, yet I genuinely enjoyed Tim and Eric Awesome Show and MDE World Peace.

i can enjoy things unrelated to their agenda. i enjoy the room not because of it being a well made drama, but because it's so badly made it's laughable. it's quite simple.

Making a bad movie on purpose isn't earnest. There isn't anything wrong with doing so, but it doesn't interest me at all.

I just like dumb movies, ironic or not. I have enough to think and worry about in work and real life.

are you a dad?

I'm not claiming that there's no such thing as insincere, overly ironic and lazy pieces of art or entertainment -- but why is it impossible that expressions which contain elements of irony or meta-analysis are also earnest? Can't you be earnest in absurdism, earnest in non-sequitor, earnest in satire and dada? I feel like you haven't read the intent behind entertainers or artists you instantly don't like -- I have a feeling that you simply don't understand the potential for pluralism within people. Just because something doesn't work on the same level as something else, doesn't mean one is earnest and the other isn't.

What do you think of The Room and other unintentionally hilariously awful films? Tommy Wiseau thought he was making a dramatic masterpiece.

Book or movie first?

>IT'S GOOD BECAUSE IT'S BAD

Have you ever seen Commando, or any Reagan-era Arnold kino?

No

I'm not sure. The movie becomes funnier once you know about the behind the scenes drama and how Tommy was sincerely trying to make a dramatic film but the book wouldn't be as funny if you hadn't seen the film beforehand.

Apples and Oranges,

T&E is a comedy sketch, whole purpose is to make you laugh, laughter usually comes from the metaphorical rug being pulled from under your feet and any means to achieve that are fair.

Neither Breen films nor Sharknado are a comedy per definition, the first turns into a comedy because you're laughing at the creators and their incompetence, the second tries to recreate that but fails since all the time you feel it's creators inccesant winking,

I did the movie first then the book so that's what I would recommend.

>darkies
WOOOOAAAAHHH EEEEDDDGGGYYYY

always go with chronological (movie->book) unless author states otherwise.

This post was so bad it was actually good.

Are you even aware of the current year?

Wow, how contrarian of you. Everyone is so proud.

Most people that use these explanations have no idea what they are talking about

>Most people have no idea what they are talking about

FTFY

>it's not supposed to be entertaining
>it's not supposed to be good
>you're not supposed to enjoy it
>it doesn't have a story on purpose
>there is no why

FOR WHAT PURPOSE.
No, seriously, I don't need action, I'm fine with watching slow paced and/or no action movies, but fucking hell most of these are just boring, or confusing, or both. On purpose.

>it's not supposed to be entertaining

That's the whole point of whatching "good bad" movies, entertainment is derived from the same "synapse" that make it enjoyable to watch a train go crash or a Brendan go JUST

Thats relatable, its become a pass for hacks, write a dirtscript, tack on an indie soundtrack, some washed out pastels and a "in post" veneer of irony, anything can get greenlit. people might assblast you for this opinion, and while I dont agree 100%, i relate to it. sometimes when i pay a jester to do an act, i dont want him to make me also do his job of entertaining myself, thats just hiring a conman sometimes

>tumblr_no00vx9vNq1uoz688o(...).jpg
>ironically shitty mspaint picture of an ironic meme
>on Cred Forums

>I hate meta-humor and all forms of post-ironic entertainment.

Looks like not.

>but fucking hell most of these are just boring, or confusing, or both. On purpose.

You just don't get it. Maybe Michael Bay is more your speed?

obviously the movie