What movie is the equivalent of "Hurt" by Johnny Cash...?

What movie is the equivalent of "Hurt" by Johnny Cash...?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Diving_Bell_and_the_Butterfly_(film)
youtube.com/watch?v=0oWFMGm58K8
youtube.com/watch?v=1cvMy5tATjM
youtube.com/watch?v=aFkcAH-m9W0
youtube.com/watch?v=57ta7mkgrOU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Thing

So basically a pretty good remake based off a better movie?

hmmm

The Fly

>What movie is the equivalent of "Hurt" by Johnny Cash...?

the wicker man

Ghostbusters?

>Implying

Walk the Line

tree of life

Are you referring to sad, defeated but still fantastic final movies made by legendary directors before death or movies that match the song hurt in tone?

No I just want movies with titles starting with "H"

but johnny cash's cover was good?

21 Grams

>No Country for old men
>hell or high water

>implying
it sounds like the original but without the spirit

>but without the spirit
you can't say that unironically if you have half a brain

I remember hearing about this movie where some paralysed French guy had to communicate very slowly and significantly.
From the reviews and descriptions I remember hearing it sounded exactly how Hurt made me feel. Has anyone seen it? Is it any good?

That genre has been a bit too morbid for me in the past, but I'm aware that it exists as a distinct thing, and I think it's 100 time better than the pleb-tier disability movies, of which Forest Gump is the archetype.

Found it actually.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Diving_Bell_and_the_Butterfly_(film)

This might also sound reddit-tier or whatever (I don't really know what Cred Forums thinks is "overrated" or not, but I felt the Deer Hunter was a rather poignant movie, at least on my first (and only) viewing.

youtube.com/watch?v=0oWFMGm58K8

It doesn't matter how good you are at playing music, because all that matters it's the spirit

music proficiency is so fucking subjective it hurts

what the fuck are you even trying to say. if you say this song by cash has no spirit there's something wrong with you. there's no denying that

Cash's version of hurt is way better dude.

>implying Johnny Cash had less spirit than Gen X edgelords

it has no spirit because its a fucking cover.

holy shit. you must be just trying to get replies. i refuse to believe you are being serious
here
>(you)

people can sing a fucking song pouring their heart and soul into it with out having to have written it.

The Green Mile has a similar emotional punch imho

Even fucking Trent Reznor said Johnny's version was better, he fucking described it as having his girlfriend stolen from him
HE GOT MUSICALLY KEKED BY CASH AND ADMITTED IT

both

Just finished watching it. I would cry but there was something about Hanks' face that kinda killed my mood.

NIN's one is better and I'm not even a fan of them in general tbqh famalam.

Ben Hur

NIN's version is better.

>tfw cried like a bitch when I watched it
>tfw don't wanna watch it again cos I know ill cry even more, knowing based Duncan is dead

TDKR

the original is superior

nah

the road

>sounds like the original
it doesn't at all, though

this 100x

A scene kid song covered by a frail old country legend? Hmmm..

If you have patrician taste in music it is, at least

This. The original "hurt" was a magnificent song. When Cash covered it, he didn't diminish that at all, but added his own feel to the song which made it something of equal quality, but also something slightly unique from the original. Great song, great cover.

>A scene kid
A thousand (You)s would not be strong enough to contain my disdain for you.

lol

>Trent Reznor
>Scene kid

Try harder next time

>johnny cash
>patrician

three of the same digit in a row how amazing i congratulate you my comrade

>scene kid
You've got your stereotypes all wrong, user. Back in the 90s when NIN were popular scene kids didn't exist. Goths listened to NIN. Then in the 00s emos replaced goths and then near the end of the 00s scene kids replaced emos.

t. Trent

You guys are missing the point by trying to line this up with a remake or something. It's more about the powerful emotional stirred by an old man's lament, which is why I would say that this song reminds most of a movie like Unforgiven, or maybe Randolph Scott in Ride the High Country, or John Wayne in the Shootist.

t. underage idiot who doesn't know about goths

>NIN
>good

Harry Brown

Literally the GOAT cover.

youtube.com/watch?v=1cvMy5tATjM

Even NiN doesn't believe that shit.

t. deaf pleb

no

underage faggot detected

Emo homo spotted

the departed = foreign affairs

cash = scorsese

trent reznor = some gook director

Zyzzyx Road

>NIN
>emo

actually underage get out

3:10 to Yuma

> What movie is the equivalent of "Hurt" by Johnny Cash...?

What Dreams May Come

Emotionally manipulative to the point of forcing sadness upon you, just because it can

But I love all that shit, so whatever

both NiN's and Cash's Hurt are fagget reddit shit.

you're a mental teen if you get anything from either one.

filtered

you're scum

spotted the plebs

youtube.com/watch?v=aFkcAH-m9W0

Can we agree this is a banger?

The fuck were they expecting with this name?
>zhfxhyyzyxytdxxx

Bubba Ho-Tep

Fistful of Dollars

Took another movie, word for word, and put a country spin on it.

Definitely a Clint Eastwood pic. Either Unforgiven or Gran Torino

>cover of a song that most people say is better, but the original is actually the better one

Fistful of Dollars?

The Shawshank Redemption

Either pic related or Paul Shrader's Affliction starring Nick Nolte.

THIS
H
I
S

What the fuck did you just say about me you little bitch

I'm pretty blasé about most stuff. The first time I watched that video, as it came towards the end and showed John's life and his recently dead wife my emotional reaction was WHATEVER I DID GOD, I'M SORRY, PLEASE MAKE THE PAIN STOP

It was years before I could watch the whole thing without having the same reaction.

Reznor deserves the credit for writing it but Cash fucking LIVED enough to make it hit you in the gut listening to it, hard.

Unless you're some edgy millennial who had to look up Johnny Cash on Wikipedia to know who he is.

Also, let's not forget this cover
youtube.com/watch?v=57ta7mkgrOU

Requiem for a Dream

I need to see the original; the remake was the first time I actually thought Christian Bale could act because he wasn't playing some supacool badass with lightning moves (no, I haven't seen The Machinist, it's on my backlog OK).

Trent looks like a fucking cop nowadays.

> AM I HENRY ROLLINS YET

lol, nice try Severus