What's the best western ever and why is it pic related?

What's the best western ever and why is it pic related?

>inb4 The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Stagecoach

Good choice, OP.
Lonesome Dove is up there, too.

The correct answer would be the wild bunch.

Unforgiven is one of the best Westerns ever made tho

Reminder that Old Hollywood did "long dramatic soul-searching movie" better than post-60s edgelords. The Searchers > Clint Eastwood.

And that's ignoring the fact that simple, feel-good hero's journey stories are the best use of the western tropes. My favourite Wayne western is Chisum because of its simplicity, and likewise for Eastwood nothing beats the Outlaw Josey Wales.

This movie was pretty much the textbook definition of a "deconstruction" wasn't it? You got Gene Hackman as "the law" being the primary antagonist, then one of the first things he does is he literally breaks down the mythic gunfighter trope. Then the rest of the movie is just every other character running up against the harshest reality imaginable. I can never imagine the brutality of this film not resonating.

ANOTHER LE EBIN WESTENR THREAD WHERE PEOPLE CAN ONLY NAME POST-1990 MOVIES AND DOLLARS TRILOGY MOVIES

HAHAHA EPIC
SUCH CINEPHILIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

once upon a time in the west. so great. the opening scene. the stand off. perfect movie.

Unforgiven is the Shawshank of westerns. Ultimate safe pleb choice

John Ford or Howard Hawks probably made it.

Stagecoach, My Darling Clementine, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, the Searchers, Rio Bravo, Red River...

Unforgiven is so weak in comparison to the Searchers.

You're forgetting Bronson kino

Are you having a stroke ?

it's Duck, You Sucker!

These are the types of posts where you shit on other peoples opinions yet you're too chicken shit to give your own pick because it would probably make you look even more like a pleb.

>the Searchers

The Searchers is dog shit watch more films.

7465381X
Hot opinions consider sudokuing yourself tonight, together plebs

How would me listing my top 100 favourite westerns change the fact that Unforgiven is bland af?

Just list your top 3.

AHEM

1. Once Upon a Time in the West
2. Assassination of Jesse James
3. Three Burials
4. TGTBTU
5. Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia

Too many cattle. But yeah, it's really good.

Once Upon A Time In The West is the objectively correct answer.

Just pick a John Ford movie.

hurr

Amazing until the last 10 minutes

but OUATITW is boring and overated

Lonesome Dove is the GOAT. Surprised to see it posted desu.

Once upon a time in the West.
Wild Bunch.
Bring me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
The Great Silence

real talk, i am about the character building of westerns, is unforgiving munificent in that department like a man in black man with no name sorta way, ill watch it right now if its worth the time

Blazing Saddles to be honest.

Yes.

What an awful movie
>noble whores
>English monarchist gets humiliated
>old retarded cowboy leaves his kids
>no racism
>music
>the plot is weird and fake
I am only 50 mins in, wait for more

t.underage faggot

Always thought this was an underrated Wayne film.

70 mins in:
>old retarded cowboy lies, says he has no gun, gets a fucking beating
>nigger walks around, no racists
>everything is fake
>plot getting weirder
Moving on to 100 mins

The Outlaw Josey Wales is indisputably the best Western ever.

>bitches about post 90's westerns
>2 of his top 3 were made in 2005 and 2007
>remaining pick is tied with his #4 pick as the most mainstreamed commonly picked title

Literally kys my man

>noble whores
Didn't they hire murderers to kill a kid who had nothing to do with their friend getting cut up? And they threw rocks at him when he tried to give them a thoroughbred pony despite being guiltless?

>English monarchist gets humiliated
Who himself humiliated westerners the very scene preceding.

>old retarded cowboy leaves his kids
He didn't have livestock so he wasn't a cowboy you double nigger. He was a destitute pig farmer who needed money to provide for his kids.

>no racism
You mean like the nigger not being allowed to marry a white woman and having to marry a squaw?

>the plot is weird and fake
What trenchant criticism. You should be a movie critic for rotten tomatoes.

>old retarded cowboy lies, says he has no gun, gets a fucking beating
Clint Eastwood's character subverts expectations both as an actor and his character as an infamous gunfighter by getting the shit kicked out of him and looking more like an old man that some dangerous gunslinger. That you don't recognize the brilliance of the scene indicated your plebishness.

>nigger walks around, no racists
Except his only interaction with white men outside his partners is being slowly beaten to death and his corpse profaned.

>everything is fake
Well, yes, it wasn't REALLY filmed in 1881.

>plot getting weirder
There's that canny insight again."It's weird and fake. Oh now it's faker and weirder!" Go watch an Apatow flick, Westerns aren't for you.

>bitches about post 90's westerns

things that never happened

>ANOTHER LE EBIN WESTENR THREAD WHERE PEOPLE CAN ONLY NAME POST-1990 MOVIES AND DOLLARS TRILOGY MOVIES

Follow the conversation back.

John Wayne westerns are fucking boring and corny. I'm not just talking out of my ass I've seen a good number of them to know this to be true.

The memer who posted that bait hasn't been back. Shawshank post is mine.

94 mins in, this getting sad:
>kid turns out to be a fake
>noble nigger aint killing no more, but he sure fucked some hookers though
>before all that Will got sick for no reason, he saw his wife corpse
>he got better and saw the lady whore, she offers free pussy, literally
>he still thinks he should murder two men
>I am thinking Will is considering bringing this whore back to raise his bastards
>Its hard to ignore the whole weird "Old Sheriff is a bad carpenter" parts
>the monarchist seems to have fucked off
Shieeet

Unforgiven is great, but the 3:10 to Yuma remake is the best western.

One of my favorite endings ever.
Right? It just drops the whole conflict like "aww shuks, come here pa!!"

>Morgon Freebong

no

DONE, THIS WAS THE WORST """WESTERN""" MOVIE I HAVE SEEN! Added to what I said:
>Assassin nigger gets caught and killed, this makes Will mad
>Kid just walks away, he was full of shit
>Will kills all the law enforcers males in town, and the bar owner, for literally no reason
>He blows the Sheriff head, after replying "Deserve's got nothing to do with this"
>All this because some whore got scratches in her face after laughing at a costumers penis
>the whores seem happy with the bloodshed
>the other males in town just unrealistically let Will walk away
>The end

My blood is BOILING right now, I am very angry with this BULLSHIT FILM. This is an anti-american movie, anti-morality, nihilist garbage. It is a big lie, an insult to every family and every repent man out there. Disgusting, retarded. I will now research about the director, writer etc.

go away, nobody cares

You're a lot like Will actually, trying so hard to be edgy and hate on a classic, well-made western, but deep down you know you're just blind and full of shit.