So he is a genius writer after all. Atlanta is amazing

So he is a genius writer after all. Atlanta is amazing.

agree

Basically. I live in Atlanta, so I know just about all the lingo that's being thrown around. Good show though.

>genius writer
have you heard his music?
it's just jibber jabber, no sensible structure or story telling, or any narrative.
it's generic "I am the best person in the world, look what I have and can do and you do not have or can not do" hip hop

>no sensible structure or story telling, or any narrative.
yeah because that's what makes good music right? Are you a Nas fan by chance?

>"I am the best person in the world, look what I have and can do and you do not have or can not do" hip hop

thats literally all popular hip hop and rap for literally over a decade

Best show on television? Sure maybe

no one even cares about childish gambino dude stop trying to shit up the thread. the show is good you should watch it.

It sounds to me like you just heard a couple of his songs and made up your mind about him, despite him having several albums full of different subject matter.

Either way, he's a much better comedy writer than his is a musician.

He won't survive it, will he?

t. passive aggressive millenial

goddammit can we just not bring up childish gambino ITT

this show completely redeems donny glover's reputation imo

Yeah well that's just because the internet!

Honestly after hearing that LP I remember tweeting @ him that I thought he should pick a lane, because he seemed to try and do all these different styles/flows/types-of-songs that seemed to want to appeal to as many people as possible as opposed to just genuinely "doing his thing"

Of course i'm me and he's Donald Glover© aka Childish Gambino™®© and I reckon he'd prefer that I "stay in my lane" and leave the rapping to the professionals™®©.

Did you mean millenials or are you implying samefaggery? Either way you're wrong desu

i didn't start it

Why they have peach in their mouths? Some post-ironic 2deep4u shit?

how does someone make a 25 min show feel like a 25 min show stretched over 45 mins still be 25 mins?

Donald Glover is embarrassed to be a civilized black person.

you came into this thread about a TV show just to say that the creator's music career isn't good. i'm agreeing with you. idk what you are trying to prove.

magical negro wont die until ratings start to slide

Georgia peaches, stupid.

you can never redeem the donglover

I don't live in burgerland, negro.

Me neither, I figured it out because of the "Made in Georgia" title cards that are on literally every fucking thing these days.

Nah, he's just uptight because he's always been uptight about peoples racial expectations of him, both black & white (& probably asian). He's doing a more eloquent job of unpacking those grievances with Atlanta than he ever did with his music.
Smart pacing. He's got a lot of experience in comedy righting, his timing is on point.
Darius isn't magic, he's just Nigerian.

I kept seeing the ads for this and it didn't interest me and I like Donald Glover. I blame FX's format for new show ads being background noise or atmospheric hipster music paired with the main character doing something mundane with a black/white or muted color filter. They've done it with every comedy series that wasn't Sunny or The League. The Atlanta show had a few normal ads too but at that point I was already set on not watching it.

show is alright, kinda depressing imo. those guys face a bleak existence and for some reason i keep hearing that it is a comedy. dong lover's baby mama is pretty cute imo.

Do you hear yourself?

Look up dark comedy/gallow humor.

i guess i just don't get it then.

*nods respectfully towards you*

Samurai Dave Chapelle is pretty much fucked. Too cool to survive the season.

I don't get Wes Anderson movies yet people consider them """comedy""".
But it is what ever it is

t. whitey

Donald Glover is the epitome of a self hating black trying to be something he's not (hood)

Assuming someone is white because they have a negative opinion about a rapper or rap is general is fucking retarded. You have black people who aren't into rap and it's a shame that rap fans are so touchy and defensive that they go to weak ass assumptions or insults when their music is criticized.

Would be way better if MIGOS were the main character, they were the only enjoyable part of the show so far.

>Atlanta is amazing
I wouldn't call it amazing, but it is definitely average. I've seen all of the episodes thus far and it is alright.

this, it's so obvious in everything that he does that he is tremendously insecure about being black.

I'd like it better if paper boi was the main

Um, he isn't? Of the three central characters, Glover had the least dialog in the last episode.

I agree.

i wouldn't watch it to laugh. it's 99% slice of life shit that drones on and on and on

t. whitey

Any bona-fide niggers in this thread?

Is this seriously what america looks like? It's like a third world country

Uhhh... you're clearly didn't grow up in predominately black neighborhood. Most black people have different interests and tastes. They listen to nirvana, swans, sonic youth. Only retards think people should like certain things based on the color of their skin.

yes one alley in all of america looks like that
shocking

>le race is skin deep meme
I thought even reddit abandoned that

Atlanta is a predominately black city so...
They have all these slums they like to call "historic" because some jazz singer lived there or there were lynching or some other depressing shit.
Black folks like to cling to the weirdest shit from their history.

Don't be salty because it's true. Donald has lived in the lap of luxury for near his entire life and may as well be white for how far removed he is from the mainstream black community. Childish Gambino was his first attempt to break into the black community but, surprise surprise, only white people listened to him. Now he's making Atlanta, which he had to hire an entire staff of black writers to write because he had no experience of what the black community is truly like.

Pic related: Donald and his family taking a family portrait

That sounds like an excuse to not do anything about it
That's like if Germany just decided not to rebuild their entire country after it got fucking flattened in the war because they were too lazy

t. oreo

>bearded hipster at work tries to make small talk with me at work
>"Did you hear Drake wants to rap battle Emeniem?"
>free shrugs
>he looks at me like I just spat bees at him
Across the board everyone has this idea that you have to be a certain way to be "black" in America.

>it's generic "I am the best person in the world, look what I have and can do and you do not have or can not do"

Pretty much all lyrical music has like six or seven structures. There's nothing wrong with Rap mainly diving into negative ego or negative sexuality. Nothing wrong with it at all. Even still there isn't plenty variety. Because The Internet had several themes and was the dissection of a social caricature, and was lyrically clever and very well produced.

Saying "generic" isn't a critique and it just shows you're a dumbass most of the time.

No shit it's an excuse.
Do you really expect a bunch of niggas living in the slums of a metropolitan to organize and beautify their dwelling?

What are you gonna do about it pigskin peckerwood whiteboy?

>having a dad with a job is the lap of luxury
You're the one that's salty Tyrone

Nigga is one Cosby sweater away from full Huxtable.

sounds like your own insecurity at work desu

How would black people being intrinsically different from white people logically preclude the possibility of them having varied tastes and interests?

Even if we entertain your idea your retort still doesn't actually make sense.

You must be a fair bit beneath the average white IQ that you probably take so much joy in.

>having a stable family
>having a father
>not being born out of wedlock
>having a father who works long enough at one job to retire with a pension
>going to college without going into debt and finishing

By the standards of the black community he OOZES luxury

I would be happier if niggers were not inferior but unfortunately they are.

Naw. It would be like assuming he liked metal or country then trying to start a conversation about some Yahoo news article tag line.
Another co-worker at least had the decency to ask what kind of music I was into and not jump to a conclusion because because of my skin.

>lap of luxury
Where it at tho?
Most prestigious thing that nigga did was go to NYU but even then he's black, got good grades, and went to a fine arts charter high school, so he prolly had scholarships out the ass.

ITT: Cucks get mad

I assure you, I am not inferior to you. We are both faggots on Cred Forums. At least I'm not arguing about race and feeling cool for saying nigger.

You don't have to be personally but on a scale that matters for humanity it would be delusional to deny it.

On what basis?

>>not being born out of wedlock
Invalid.

My dads parents married out of wedlock, and my dad did very well for himself. I am white.

On living in reality.

>rap fans are so touchy and defensive
That's why Cred Forums is so easy to troll

>My dads parents married out of wedlock,

Yeah no shit they weren't married before they got married. Apparently you got the retard genes

What's the significance of them holding peaches in their mouths?

google image detroit or any predominatley black city

they all look like somalia. even blacks are given a functioning city they ruin it.

its SHIT

Protip: being part of the black community is about the colour of your skin, not your income.

Also, his brother in that picture looks like a cross between Durant & Westbrook, kek.

Atlanta is in Georgia, Georgia is known for its peaches.

Zan should be recurring villain

Agreed. When he gave Earn his phone after handing over the dogs, I knew he was just too good of a guy to not die.

I fucking love these niggas.

kek that would be great.

That response does not actually address the crux of what I argued, but ok.

someone shoop the lil kid in the sweater face on everyone else

will I enjoy it if I'm white?

Yeah

You'll feel better about yourself for not being born black.

im 40yrs old and used to listen to rap and enjoy this show even though its aimed at you faggot hipster tranny mellinials

btw thanks for destroying the economy you boomer faggot I hope your 401k is < 200k

If Cred Forums has taught me anything it's that white people don't enjoy things.

No but I hear tho

Idiot. My dad was a "love child".

>40 years old
>boomer
Kill yourself retard.

Also I want the haters to please refrain from talking to me or my wife's boyfriend/s again!

Either be a meme rapper or a legit underground/ish rapper; PICK A LANE GLAMBINO!

White people had their ~2000 years. Their time is over. We strength through diversity now!

If anything Cred Forums is the proverbial exclamation point at the end of the sentence "White people have nothing to offer our culture in the year 2016!" --- wake me up when Joel McHale's mixtape drops or he actually creates/writes a series worth watching (have you seen "the comment section" ?? Or "The Soup Investigates" ?? Exactly)

You'll feel a lot better knowing you're not black that's for sure

>you faggot hipster tranny mellinials
I laughed harder than this warranted.

>That's like if Germany just decided not to rebuild their entire country after it got fucking flattened in the war because they were too lazy

Maybe if somebody gave us hundreds of billions of dollars to fix up the cities, the way the US did for the Germans, they might look a little better.

yeah, he was born into a well to do family, went to fancy schools, and then got insanely lucky once again and got success handed to him without having to work for it. He's incredibly privileged and has never known what it's like to struggle; it's laughable that he tries to act hood and casts himself in things like Atlanta.

>Protip: being part of the black community is about the colour of your skin, not your income.

Donald Glover is white as hell.

except that the US didn't bomb the shit out of black neighborhoods.

also the Germans would have rebuilt without the US

The Georgia state quarter has a peach on it

Source: I used to obsessively collect them all when I was 10

But you said your parents married out of wedlock, so it's pretty obvious to me your dad's good genes skip a generation you room temp IQ nonce

>everything that doesn't fit into ehaybmy limited negative view of what being black is just white
>thinks he understands Atlanta

>got success handed to him without having to work for it.
Okay now you're just being salty.

>it's laughable that he tries to act hood

He did a whole album about growing up rich. Which is kind of weird, since afaik he grew up middle class, but I guess that's rich for a black person.

This is bait, OP knew it to engage in more fun discourse.
That being said

WE

>Donald Glover is white as hell.
Dumb bait poster.

Im pretty sure the only people on Cred Forums that like this are underage

It has """intelectual""" high school student written all over it. Kanye West fanboys and what not.

Try ignoring bait

My room's temperature is set to 160 right now my triggered newfriend.

It's hilarious seeing Cred Forumstards trying to strip Glover of his blackness.

because we dont want them alive

He's an Oreo.

Oh no you called me newfriend! Oddly enough only people who are new talk like that you should heed my advice and lurk a long while more before shitting up the board further.

Another good joke, Cred Forums is garbage and my point still stands that your father's non retard genes skipped an generation

what does that even mean

If I was in a struggle my whole life, I would get mad if someone pretended to be in the same position as me and made money off of it. For me to not care about this either the struggle would have to be a complete facade or I'd have to be extremely stupid, or both.

Just saying.

By any chance, are you a non-white yourself?

Maybe thats why you made this post? Got a lot of hatred towards "whitey" huh?

This is the kind of retard that reads A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man and then bitches about the plot.

He did that himself

Are those peaches practical props or were they CGI'd in post?

Now listen here you dirty, no good summerfag. I ve been on Cred Forums for the past 8 years and by god i WILL NOT TOLERATE you treating me with such utter DISREPECT .

You WILL respect me , for i am an OLDFAG , who was shitposting when you were still in high school talking about lord of the rings with your gay little friends.

So YOU can fuck off to reddit, which is much more suitable for filthy newfags like yourself, or you can RESPECT your oldfags and maybe, just MAYBE, we'll let you stay on our website.

[x] X gave it to ya
[ ] X gon give it to ya

Why would Donald Glover make himself the worst character in his own show

>Hey look, that black guy's doing alright for himself and doesn't fit into our hateful stereotypes!
>That's because he's not black, stupid!

I've seen non-racists refer to successful blacks as "white". It's fucking weird.

*teleports behind you*
*grabs you by the throat*

b-back the fuck off?!

t. delusional whitey

Literally wrote himself as a cuck. I'm surprised Cred Forums isn't making a bigger deal out of it.

He isn't the writer of the show, maybe has some input but remember it's "all black writers"
This is the equivalent of roasting the nerd in the class or what black people refer to as "WE RIDIN' HIM BRES"

You haven't realized how meta this thread is right now.

It's filled with people playing niggers' advocate to further bump the thread and get us more triggered

At least they're white

If you are here posting on Cred Forums then I guarantee you are the outcast type black that likes anime and comics and shit.

You are loser kid. get over yourself, you will never even be accepted by your own kind since youre such a pathetic weeb. These are the only type of blacks that post here

*lift shorts revealing that I'm wearing a cup*
>"Heh heh, you didn't think it would be that easy now did you??"
*signals for Big P to come over*
>"Big P, let's take care of our little friend here."
*Big P smirks* "You got it boss."
>"Oh and Big P....try to not make a mess this time."

Jokes on you, I'm a halfbreed.

u mad white boi?

weeb blacks are the worst, worse than white weebs

You say it like the whites and asians here aren't the rejects of their respective communities.

>google show

nah

Childish Gambino is a Character. A character.
Childish Gambino as in, he fancies himself the best but is deeply insecure. The other half of his raps as Donald Glover are about feeling left, being hung up, awkward etc. People always look at his Gambino tracks and say "Typical rap garbage" without knowing that it is in character.

What's the deal with niggers??????

AHH you are one of the worst kind of black. I have a friend I met through /vg/ who outed himself as a halfbreed weeb. Always had the worst opinions and would never admit he was black for the longest time. Shitty passive aggressive attitude and glaring insecurities.

We would always use the word nigger in conversation before we even new he was black and never said anything.

This they are so insecure because they arent liked by any groups.

I wish I could join an Asian gang and play yugi-oh/magic all day.

That was me.

"I don't even have a fork to stick up their ass that's what's so crazy about this."

Brian L?

You still Obsessed with Daddario?

This show is so cool.

He must live to stop Light

>decent show gets shit on in every thread because insecure crossposting Cred Forumsshits

How come this thread gets 140+ replies but The Get Down threads never made it past 50?

Does Cred Forums really enjoy arguing about Childish Gambino that much?

Times like these I unironically consider going to Reddit.

Black vs White is the hot topic on Cred Forums the last year. These threads are prime shitposting spots for the people that want to false flag and want to watch the world burn

looks interesting. give me a quick sentence/synopsis of the first season. spoilers are ok

Then maybe you shouldn't jump to assumptions, retard.

3005 is pretty gud

The rest of it yeah i agree

nigga shit, nigga shit. more nigga shit

reddit's a cool place since you guys are too autistic to handle words

sounds dank. downloading right now

right on my nigga

Do you have to like rap music to like this show?

No.

das wus really good my nigga

why would any sensible person care if you said nigger

Repill me on this show.

nigger cuck cuck jew white genocide

No I mean the show in the OP - Atlanta. Not MDE

black slice of life, romanticized and sterilized for white audiences.

>slice of life
Neat.

>Childish Gambino as in, he fancies himself the best but is deeply insecure.

Nigga wat?

The name Childish Gambino was the result of Donald Glover using the WuTangClan name generator.

>www.mess.be/inickgenwuname.php

MDE and all Sam Hyde creations are more deep and enlighting than anything niggers can ever hope to create.

>"sketch" of little kids spouting left wing viewpoints with sinister music playing over it
Sam Hyde is about as subtle and nuanced as a Chick tract.

Shout out to Boise

youtube.com/watch?v=4ss1bep4sMQ#!

It's a black show that Cred Forums hates liking.

>He is probably 100% thinks this unironically.
That is the scary part.

Go to bed, Sam.

Donald Glumpfr

where is abed

>Abed Nadir never returned home.

NIGGA YOU GAY AS HELL

I just think it's weird that he's obviously a black man yet he gets accused of being white because he doesn't fit in with the stereotype, which should be a good thing yet racists here have turned it into a negative.
I'm sure black people do the same and call him an Uncle Tom or whatever.

b-but she my ex

>Uncle Tom
What's funny is that black people don't use this term
Like ever
The only time it's been used recently was the boondocks and that was just as a reference
It's pretty much white people talking on behalf of black people about black people

t. Black person

so they're gonna ignore the shooting from the first ep?

Well there you go.
I'm not American so I don't really know.

im from texas and my folks use it all the time

>It's pretty much white people talking on behalf of black people about black people

These last few years in a nutshell. I have no fucking idea what is with all of these over-apologist middle and upper class white people, but it's ridiculous.

Fucked up, because it's all our generation, as well. No idea how we got to this point.

It has literally been brought up every episode. Earn stares blankly at the gun in the latest episode until Darius snaps him out of it.

>What's funny is that black people don't use this term
No, they usually say "coon" or "cooning."

Are you guys purposely saying "Black people"?

Why not just say niggers, why waste the extra keystrokes?

Donald Glover is not a "nigger" as you say.

Please don't perpetuate the black people vs nigger meme.

Nigger propaganda. Have fun with your show I guess.

I'm Cred Forums and I like this show, is something wrong with me?

>I'm Cred Forums
>is something wrong with me?

Yes, obviously.

And I thought /tg/ was bad with deraling threads with Cred Forums shitposting.

Darius a best

90% chance Darrius is going to die

rïïïïïï no the magical nigro must live forever

you know whats funny? this guy is basically prince B from pm dawn, in 2016. i wish krs-one would bum rush him and publicly humilate him and call him out for being the white washed candy assed fake ass hollywood nigger he is.

cool story bro. its not hard to understand lingo.

god this joke reeks of world star.

DUDE BLACKS LMAO

>White people had their ~2000 years. Their time is over. We strength through diversity now!

the age of white men is over. the age of the orc has just begun!

>My dad's parents married out of wedlock

Are your dad's parents brother and sister?

Nah more like thecoli

>Directed by Hiro Murai
Wait a second, I thought this show was supposed to have only black peoples working on it? Why is a Japanese guy directing episodes?

>I thought this show was supposed to have only black peoples working on it

No, you only thought that because you took a quote out of context, change the words, then blew it out of proportion.

It's just what pissbaby faggots do.

>Wait a second, I thought this show was supposed to have only black peoples working on it? Why is a Japanese guy directing episodes?
Glover only mentioned that the writers will all be black, no mentions concerning the rest of the staff.