Who was the real bad guy here? Also thoughts on the film

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manic_Pixie_Dream_Girl
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>(((JGL)))

JGL for not realizing how evil women are. He had a good thing going on and let his feelings ruin it.

reddit

Both of them. JGL for being a clingy beta orbiter and Coon eyes for being a dumb whore.

they both are

her more than him though

JGL and to a lower degree summer because she should have been way more obvious and blunt about her feelings

hollywood's idea of dating and romance

Zooey D is 100% the bad guy, but JGL is a huge pussy in that movie. He's not """"bad"""", he's just a fucking limp wristed loser

The way Summer acts is very typical of people in their 20's though - they don't think about other people's feelings or thoughts. Everything is about them, and that's fine, but it permanently scars other people. We're all guilty of acting how she did, but I still hated her for it.

Isn't this the movie that set off the whole 'manic pixie dream girl' thing?

I think "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" did.

Amélie (2001)

>bad guy
Girl was just being a woman, guy was an intense beta male.

>"I'm not interested in a relationship"
>why is my relationship not going anywhere?????

>do everything couples do in a relationship
>i don't want a relationship

Still not her fault, any man with some balls would recognize that and act accordingly without expecting more than some casual sex.

kate winslet in esotsm is like the anti manic pixie dream girl.

explicitly her fault for saying that then leading him on

Older than that.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manic_Pixie_Dream_Girl

That's a stupid assertion considering Kate Winslet has this line:

Clementine: Look man, I'm telling you right off the bat, I'm high-maintainance, so... I'm not gonna tip-toe around your marriage, or whatever it is you've got goin' there. If you wanna be with me, you're with me.

Joel: Okay.

Clementine: Too many guys think I'm a concept, or I complete them, or I'm gonna make them alive. But I'm just a fucked-up girl who's lookin' for my own peace of mind; don't assign me yours.

They both are. Tom more so for trying to get into a relationship when he's really not happy with himself. I don't know why it flies over so many people's heads that when Summer and Tom split Tom decides to do what he always wanted to do: architecture. It's when he's in the thick of getting interviews for it that he decides to try his hand at dating agian.

>leading him on
kek, are you 15? Any man who is guided by what a woman says instead of paying attention only to their actions will end upt frustrated as fuck.

>explicitly says she's not looking for a relationship or anything serious
>JGL thinks this is an invitation to change her mind
>all she wants is some casual fun
>feels pressured to try to make it a relationship because of whiny ass JGL

He did eventually get pissed about it though and voiced what he wanted before storming off. She went back to him after this full well knowing she was only gonna fuck him up.

Did we watch the same movie? He was just happy to get his dick wet at first, but then over time they bonded and essentially became a couple without the title.

Marc Webb for making this piece of shit