Why did this age so badly?

Why did this age so badly?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_w2NH0XmM9M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because it is shit.
The entire series is utter shit.

Because it was about teenagers and teenage trends. These change quickly.

bitter faggots who had garbage high school experiences detected

this movie is GOAT. granted the rest of the american pie series is shit but the first one is fucking great and captures the spirit of growing up in america in the 90s.

so yeah, you're either shitskins/europoors and you're opinion is worthless, or you're just jealous bitter neckbeards

american pie is garbage and no amount of self-projection will make it not shit

it's not projection when i'm right

found the 90s kid
did you also enjoy nickelodeon and powerpuff girls you over indulging manchild fuck

>DUDE PENIS AND PUSSY LMAO

It was always shit user, you were just 10 when you watched it so you thought it was hilarious.

I was 18 when Superbad came out, and I will confidently say it's a much better movie.

it still holds up, one of the few sex comedies from that era that actually had pathos and likable characters

Thanks for reminding me I'm due for a rewatch

because it was a career killer for everyone involved

Second one was better. Had probably THE MOST 00's soundtrack of all time.

this

Didn't the band chick like star in that mother show with Neil Patrick Harris? Stiffler was the bees knees for awhile in every movie and show. That one chick with the leathery skin is in all the sharknados so that's something

Protip, most comedies age like shit.

Comedies are the low genre and the appeal to contemporary sensibilities and notions of humor, while dramas deal with more universal human emotions.

I watch this movie every year fuck you faggots

and yet, there are plenty of comedies from the 30s-60s that still hold up today, some of them are even more beloved now than they were at the time

Really makes you think

Biggs is still active, he was never a blockbuster guy anyways
Klein was on Wilfred and he still pops up occasionally.
Alyson Hannigan is all over the place and still qt as fuck
Eddy Kay Thomas is GOAT and pops up everywhere, I think he does a lot of voice work
Probably launched Seann William Scott's career.
Eugene Levy is still based as always

Everyone else, sure

There are some exceptions, but comedies that hold up are the ones that achieve humor through wit, not topical raunchiness.

Movies like Young Frankenstein

It was never good

You enjoyed (so did I) it as a kid because it was a childish movie about sex

>did you also enjoy nickelodeon and powerpuff girls
well, yeah... who the fuck wouldn't?

>but comedies that hold up are the ones that achieve humor through wit, not topical raunchiness
and witty comedies were the norm during the golden age, which is why they still hold up

wasn't really until the 80's that the "raunchy comedy" became a thing

only a handful of 'coming of age' movies are able to stay relevant past the time period they are released in

American Pie only was notable for a few scenes and the majority of it was just very low brow humor which gets outdated very quickly. The story itself was pretty flimsy and really people only remember the fap scenes

I can't be the only one who thought the Band Camp spin-off about Stifler's little brother was the best one, can I? It was a really sweet and genuine movie at its core, unlike the others that just went raunchier and raunchier for shock value.

>aged badly
It's called not being 13, user

GOAT timeless coming-of-age movie coming through. I experienced high school more than 20 years after this came out and I can still relate to it

Has Road Trip aged like milk too? I have fond memories of fapping to Amy Smart in that.

>because it was a career killer for everyone involved

Right because John Cho never went on to play Sulu or anything

Road Trip was never good

nah that would be van wilder

Road Trip sucked, never liked it. Euro Trip was where it was at.

Because it wasnt good to begin with.

It just had non stop marketing and the most susceptible to marketing is dumb teens.

it's garbage

Sean Penn and titties are the only reason anyone remembers this movie.

And both get far too little screen time.

nah its good. watched it recently.

wrong

I've seen two screenings, and both were packed with young people who ate it up. The second one Judge Reinhold was there and everyone treated him like he was a god

No accounting for bad taste though, like yours

Don't act like an entire movie about Jeff Spicoli wouldn't be superior.

Eh, he's hilarious in the film but it's the more human, relatable characters that really make the film work. A movie centered around him would be about as good as Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back, as in not very

This is true

this

lol, superbad is a masterpiece. imagine thinking only for a second that it's even on the same planet as ameritrash pie

It really didn't, every time I'm just going through channels to see what's on and american pie is airing I watch it til the end

youtube.com/watch?v=_w2NH0XmM9M

this is what kids get these days instead.

>seann william scott

So what are the best movies of this genre?

Porky's
Superbad
Fast Times
American Pie
Last American Virgin

Any more?

Perhaps you were 12 when it came out and can't relate because the characters don't spent the entire movie sitting in the same room texting each other.

Because no 18 year olds are virgins now.

Porky's is literally one of the worst movies ever made. If you actually like that movie, you should seriously consider suicide

nigga you gay

Eurotrip

hell nah, that movie was fucking mediocre.

Sex Drive is the most underrated teen sex comedy of all time. It's not one of the best but easily most underrated.

>amanda crew barefoot almost the entire movie

That'd make him 29. Wouldn't that criticism be more accurate toward someone under 18?

so I should like a movie because it's shows Kim Catrall's body for a few seconds? Who cares when I have the webm, no need to watch that shitty, cringe-inducing movie

It's just as good as it was when it came out which is ok for the sex comedy genre.

Road Trip is great, Eurotrip, Sex Drive and Superbad are shit. Dazed and Confused doesn't belong in the discussion because it's an actual movie.

Because it reminds you of your youth, which is depressing.

Jesus fuck...

>Seth Green as the smartass Amish guy
Classic

It's one of the funniest movies and it doesn't get ridiculous which adds to the humor.

>The pranks the guys play on each other
>The guys getting "flushed" out of porky's club
>The prank involving cherry forever
>The shower room scenes
>The teacher grabbing the kid's dick
>The teacher asking the principal for cock lineup
>The lassie scene
>The final destruction of porky's bar

all of those scenes left me cold, except for the few that made me facepalm. That;s humor for you, one man's laugh is another man's cringe. I really wanted to enjoy it because I love 80's high school movies but holy shit I hated Porky's

Screwballs is a personal favorite

off course its a shitty fucking movie but why was it sooo big ?

imho cause the jokes are k enough . story timeless. actos k . right kind of lewd. even a little sexy . well directed and told. its a shit movie but well done and if you cant see that you are far up your ass. it was done well enough compared to all the horror that is teen comedys

>found the 90s kid
>did you also enjoy nickelodeon and powerpuff girls you over indulging manchild fuck
you said it like all those things arent considerably worse today, statistically speaking there are more manchildren today than 20 years ago

>look up what Sean William Scott is currently doing because it's been a while since I see him
>they are making a sequel to Goon
ALL MY MONEY

>the first one is fucking great and captures the spirit of growing up in america in the 90s

It's one of the unfunniest movies i've ever watched.

>DUDE SEX JOKES LMAO

that doesn't explain why it aged badly

I had such a thing for Mena when this came out
what happened

American Pie=ok
American Pie 2=Great!
American Wedding=bad
American Pie Presents Bandcamp: Best movie of the series.
American Pie presents The Naked Mile: Great!
American Pie Presents Beta House=ok
American Pie Presents The book of love=shit
American Reunion= dog shit

Natasha Lyonne is doing great as queen of the indies

JUST

he body is still fantastic

t. millennials

not the asian MILF guy, he had the best career of all of them

ayy lmao

t. millennial who is so stupid he doesn't even realize that he is a millennial

I was born in 1980

I remember watching pic related on tv when I was 5., so my point still stands

So you're a millennial.

right before the cutoff point, I believe people born in 1982 are the the earliest that anyone could possibly consider to be a millennial

Not that I see why being a millennial means you can't enjoy American Pie, I'm Generation Y and I love that movie

WHO???

wait, what is Generation Y?

Literally millennials.

It means I'm a millennial, someone who reached "adulthood" in the 21st century

Alyson Hannigan was the 90s/00s Felicia Day.

Chickity China, the Chinese chicken
You have a drumstick and your brain stops tickin'
Watching X-Files with no lights on
We're dans la maison
I hope the Smoking Man's in this one
Like Harrison Ford I'm getting frantic
Like Sting I'm tantric
Like Snickers, guaranteed to satisfy
Like Kurasawa I make mad films
Okay, I don't make films
But if I did they'd have a Samurai
Gonna get a set of better clubs