I'm about to watch this and will take a drink everytime something reddity happens. Will report back in 2 hours...

I'm about to watch this and will take a drink everytime something reddity happens. Will report back in 2 hours, i seriously doubt it's as bad as you contrarians say

You're living memes
Just kill yourself already

Your post is reddity

First you have to strictly define what something "reddity" is. Otherwise you'll either take too few shots or too many.

>reddity

So you took no drinks?

>I'm gonna have to science the shit out this like the Japs did to the Chinamen in Camp 731

Really came out of left field

this film is literally trash and OP im glad your dumb ass will be dead in an hour, if you arent a pussy

Name 5 things wrong with it without using the word reddit.

>The MC never progresses, I mean he grows a beard at the end and that's it
>There is no real sense of danger or isolation
>Forced quips
>Black guy from Community explaining to NASA how gravitational slingshots work
>Too long

>Characters don't have to progress for their to be a story
>Danger maybe no, isolation yes
>Not an argument, define quip
>Common movie trope done for the audience sake
>Average running time

Next.

After half way you will get more and more drunk and not even finish

This movie would have been entirely better if you cut out 90% of Damon's dialogue. Mute him whenever he speaks.

>not an argument

It's a point in an argument, you autist. He means that the dialogue intended to be humorous comes across as stilted and unnatural.

I don't get it. In rain man and a beautiful mind, autistic people are geniuses. So how is it that every sperglord I meet on the internet always turns out to be fucking retarded?

>He means that the dialogue intended to be humorous comes across as stilted and unnatural.

Did he? Maybe he was just spouting meme buzzwords because he doesn't have an argument of his own.

triggered redditors spotted

>matt damon
>jessica chastain
>cliche story
>nasa
>cliche multiculturalism saving the lone astro
>shit tier acting

RIP

First off, you named 6 so you are disqualified.
Second, don't talk shit about Matt Damon
And how is "nasa" an argument?

the way their portrayed nasa is popcorn pleb entertainment. we havent even put a base on the moon. nasa is shit because the government fights the neverending war on terror and causes it to make money, we dont care about space travel. its a feel good pleb movie. comprende?

and matt damon acts the same not my fault, ill admit this wasnt a bad role for him but the script was cringe and he does act the same

The US government just mandated a manned mission to Mars as part of NASA's budget and there are no plans for a moon base. So I'd say the movie is realistic.

I want to die on Mars

I just want you to die.

>The US government just mandated a manned mission to Mars as part of NASA's budget and there are no plans for a moon base. So I'd say the movie is realistic.
Don't hold your breath. Of we wanted to go to Mars we could prep for a year and get there in another year.

I want me to die too, reddit.

Get there sure. Getting people back alive, that's the trick.

the space ship they have when they dont even have a working base on mars that can handle itself without exploding isnt realistic

Protip: It's easier to build a spaceship/system in orbit of earth than to build a base on a planet halfway across the solar system.

You just need twice as much fuel. If you can land on mars you should be good to take off.

If i remember correctly nasa was originally waniting to make it a one way trip.

Pro tip: we've only built a space station and ship in the film is much more advanced

I know constructing in space is easier, if in orbit. But sending all the equipment to build a base is the first step with robots or personal. And if you cant do that theres no reason to have a spaceship to travel anywhere either

literally red dit: the movie

>hurr did you know you can survive on only potatoes user?
>yfw redditors never shut up about potatoes now

When you don't have progression, your story is literally just a dude on a rock, completely unaffected by the situation, waiting to be rescued for an audience that doesn't care - which is what the movie is. And it blows.

OP here

The first 20-30 minutes were better than I was expecting, very good actually. The next hour or so was one gigantic reddit post and mostly a fucking pain to get through. The last 30-40 minutes of the movie were pretty good but overall the movie could've/should've been better

Maybe I'm bias cause i'm a big space nut but I'd give it a solid 8/10. And yes despite my solid syntax I am quite drunk. It's not because I didn't drink much to this reddity film it's because i'm an alcoholic

>The next hour or so was one gigantic reddit post

Explain.

>Black guy from Community explaining to NASA how gravitational slingshots work

This was really uncomfortable to watch, and not even Cred Forums.

>china saving the day for marketing purposes
>5 minute buildup of a scientist having the breakthrough of coming up with a slingslot trajectory that was created decades before even the apollo missions started
>reddit music
>i'm going to science the shit out of this

and mostly just reddit music/eureka moments from matt damon

China just launched a new space station. When did America do that last?

>China just launched a new space station.

because their previous one is on a crash landing towards earth

wake me up when china matches what USA did 4 decades ago

I think it was just because he was the Le so wacky scientist, explaining trivial shit to the big guys of nasa

The problem is the book is fairly dry and straightforward. You have to somehow translate that as being interesting for an audience to watch so it turns into the scene we got.

It's not great but I don't begrudge them doing it that way because there isn't a much better way.

>They don't, but considering the plot, he really should go through some emotions that aren't wisecracking at some point
>Matt Damon might be isolated but we never feel like that because it keeps cutting back to NASA
>Nothing to say, since I don't think the quips are inherently bad.
>Being common doesn't make it okay, but this is really minor anyway. It was explained obnoxiously though.
>Being as long as other more interesting movies doesn't make it okay. It's too long for the amount of plot, character, quips, and interesting scenes it has.

It's not even that bad, better than Gravity and Interstellar even. it's just that everyone on Cred Forums has this "reddit liked this so i have to hate it" mentality which is really fucking stupid.

it's pretty fucking shit

Can't you just enjoy a film without obsessing over Reddit?

not really, no

I bet one of you wankers did this

>reddit liked this

No. It's "The movie pandered to reddit" so I must hate it.

I teared up at the end when they get him at the end and everyone around the world is celebrating
Also Mackenzie Davis is cute as fuck

underrated...

reddit