Is this a perfect film?

Is this a perfect film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3WpGhk8ifK4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I had a visible emotional reaction to
>I NEVER SAVED ANYTHING FOR THE SWIM BACK

yeah its pretty good
the only bad thing I remember of it was who the murderer ended up being... but thats just my autistic nitpicking

no

Marxist propaganda

It's a good Sci Fi movie

It left an immense impact on me in a way no other film has.

This is the first kino I ever watched.

>Is this a perfect film?

No. It is not a perfect film.

its THE perfect film.

>suddenly a wild *BORGNINE* appears

>that cripple guy killed himself at the end

Now I want to get really drunk, watch this film and cry

It's that fucking music that plays at the end, does it to me every time:

youtube.com/watch?v=3WpGhk8ifK4

Its an okay movie if you ignore the retarded propaganda behind it and just enjoy the corny uplifting drama.

Is this a sequel to Battle Star Galactica?

>I'm two inches closes to the stars
:'(

>For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course they say every atom in our body was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home.

>retarded propaganda
What an enlightened user you must be!

>For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it.
Literally putting that in my suicide note.

>Discriminating against people based on how they were born is propaganda
>You can do amazing things regardless of the circumstances of your birth is propaganda
>Rejecting a culture that confines you, studying hard and contributing to society is propaganda
t. filthy libcuck who wants blacks to live on welfare instead of rejecting the culture of crime and degeneracy that society tells them they're supposed to indulge in.

>be the best you can be, no matter how society judges you or puts you down is now considered propaganda

Its pretty great
I always wanted more movies like it but we never really got them

The only reason I saw In Time.

That movie was so fucking bad, I don't know how the same person who made Gattaca could have made it.

>Discriminating against people based on how they were born is propaganda
Not being applied to the SPACE FUCKING PROGRAM because you have a heart condition is not discrimination, its common sense. Every employer has a right to chose their employees with whatever criteria they wish anyway.
>You can do amazing things regardless of the circumstances of your birth is propaganda
No you can't, unless you live in anime. If you are born retarded, you will stay regarded and limited in your options forever. Biology determines your future as much as upbringing, faggot.
>Rejecting a culture that confines you, studying hard and contributing to society is propaganda
This movie rejects a culture of raising perfect specimen and rejecting people born with disabiltiies and disadvantages. How cruel!

The movie would have been better without the relationship stuff. I liked the ten thousand beats overdue scene and Jerome Eugene having the climb the helix staircase and I liked Irene but... idk. Movie would have been better if he had a sister instead of a brother who was a detective (kind of interesting if the dad was willing to put a genetically perfect daughter over a genetically inferior son to really bring home the point that they tried to make with Vincent's dad changing his mind about giving him his name after he realised he was an invalid. Like have the daughter carry on the family legacy instead of the son because being an invalid is just that shameful) and Irene's role as the imperfect, self loathing worker with their head in the clouds could be played by some bro.The male Irene would really contrast Vincent, in the sense that they're both imperfect but only Vincent believes in himself, and rival Jerome, who only loses faith in himself once he becomes imperfect.

>I HAVE NO LEGS I WANNA BE AN ASTRONAUUUUUUUUT

>Multi billion dollar space programs don't have contingency plans
Lol
>Sarcastically shrugging off eugenics as no big deal and something any ethical society would put into place
m8

>Every employer has a right to chose their employees with whatever criteria they wish anyway.
Why should they? There's no good reason that an employer should have access to your genetic records 'just because'. It's one thing when it's the space program, but another entirely when it's the whole private sector.

The guy worked his ass off in the movie and out competed people who were born with a leg up. What's the big deal?

>spend a trillion dollars on a space craft
>dipshit crashes it because he didnt disclose his health conditions

no

>The guy worked his ass off in the movie and out competed people who were born with a leg up.
Working your ass off does not entitle you to success.
And he didn't 'outcompete' others. He almost died on a physical exam that others passed with ease

Vincent was also better than his genetically perfect brother
>Just remember. I was as good as any, and better than most...

I always feel like people miss the point. He overcame adversity. He overcame a learning disability. He overcame his heart problem.
>He might die on his mission
So might anybody. Genetics only works as a marker for illness. There's no reason anybody on the flight couldn't have also had some sort of health problem occur. There would always be a contingency plan. A man who can run on a treadmill for long periods of time, even if he gets winded, and can swim across a beach without drowning, probably isn't likely to have heart attack any time soon. The whole point of the movie isn't that he's a mediocre performer pretending to be perfect. It's that he meets criteria despite his disadvantages, and someone who does that can never be given a chance in a society that treats entire groups of people like second class citizens. The movie is a blatant metaphor for overcoming adversity and not holding people back based on your perceptions of them. It's a basic moral message and you'd have to be of pretty weak character to think it's a bad message.

>He thinks that a physical running test is the only thing that astronauts need to know
>Implying you need cardio in space
>Implying a man who can swim across a beach without drowning is likely to have a heart attack

He's an astronaut. He's either undergone years of extensive physical training to survive in outer space. Or he hasn't, because technology is so advanced that the physical aspect is redundant. Either way, the fact that he succeeded physically and mentally shows that he's fit for the job.

He was able to bypass the genetic requirements, but it doesn't mean there wasn't still some form of merit involved.

>Eugenics are a bad practice. People are entitled to produce weak, sickly, stupid, and poor offspring because that's how Jesus wanted it

Anyone noticed in the scene where Anton sees the real Jerome in his house and takes a blood sample the vein is extra puffy to show a scar of repeatedly injecting a needle to drain blood?

That attention to detail, is why this movie is pure kino.

People don't understand that his genetic deficiency was similar to the moral or social awareness deficiencies of those with the will to power. The movie is about a man compelled by his convictions to succeed in the face of all odds.

Paradoxically, the very impetus that drives humanity to overcome nature by instituting eugenics also imbues those marginalized by the resulting programs. His story is that of the inviolable will made manifest into the relentless pursuit of a dream.

kinda funny isn't it more atheists that want welfare which is dysgenic?

FUCK man i'm not supposed to get this feels from this shitposting board

also

>doctor at the end

woah bro way to flip the script on them christcucks.

>Biology determines your future as much as upbringing, faggot.

i agreed with everything but this

i also loved the movie