Muh white washing

>muh white washing

DOES THIS MOTHER FUCKING CHARACTER LOOK JAPANESE TO YOU?

Every fucking movie adaptation, there's always a big fucking deal about which race will play what character, and I'm fucking sick of it.

>Ghost In the Shell should be 100% Japanese

yea cause a Japanese guy naturally has Blonde hair

Japan likes to mix and match hair colors and other attributes that don't belong to any single one race

WHY IS THIS SUCH A FUCKING PROBLEM FOR PEOPLE?

Ye he does

because scarjo is a shit actress

>there's always a big fucking deal
Literally a very vocal minority every single time, and every single time it gets the same reaction, a similar very vocal minority who complains about them on Cred Forums.

No she isn't. She'll be fine, even looks like her. I legit think people are claim about her in this role are crazy. The movie will be shit anyway.

sure pal

that's not the only reason, people are literally upset because she is white.

Let's be real, Motoko can be any race, however if she were made black instead of white, everyone would lose their shit.

she is an Ashkenazi jew. not white

Batou wasn't Japanese anyway. He's some unspecified kind of European, with a French name.

Ye buddy

Because when I see a movie adaptation I like when the actors bear at least somewhat likeness to the characters they are playing

The protagonists name is literally Motoko Kusanagi, a full on japanese name. Having her played by a white bitch is cancer

Same with having niggers play white/asian characters such as the coming Death Note adaptation and Idris Elba in the Dark Tower adapt

If you don't agree you are probably a butthurt nigger, go break shit and riot with the other BLM scum niggers

Being accurate to the source material is extremely important, to not do that is disrespectful to the creators and moreso the fans

I said this exact same thing

On one hand I feel like I wouldn't care

On the other, I want to be able to relate to the character I know and like

On the other other hand, I don't want this movie to be a carbon fucking copy of the TV series/ 1995 movie, because that's boring, and who wants to see the same shit over and over again?

>The protagonists name is literally Motoko Kusanagi, a full on japanese name.

Motoko Kusanagi is an alias.

Did you even read my OP?

Does Batou look like a Japanese person?

NO HE LOOKS GERMAN/DUTCH/NORDIC

>b-but he has a Japanese name

Japanese come in all shapes and sizes

>blue eyes/green/eyes/hazel/ even purple and Heterochromia
>blond hair/red hair/brunette/black/brown
>different eye shapes
>defined jaws

If an alien came down and you showed him anime and you told them they were white he would slap you and leave

even the alien can clearly see that anime is based on the Japanese

As a Japanese I have nothing against Batou being played by a white guy, but they should at least pick someone without down syndrome.

Literally noone has complained about Batou being played by a white guy you myopic fuck

>Japanese come in all shapes and sizes
pure japanese like picrelated not, korean immigrant halflings that intermixed with all kinds of gaijins yes.

if anything people should be upset about the casting for togusa

Tell me why I see post on Jewbook all over the place bitching about the entire cast.

It is being talked about, just like any other movie adaptation.

kusanagi should be jap

Batou should be white, look at his facial structure, it's obvious the character in the source was caucasian

Going on facebook is operating at a sub-death level of exposure to ignorance. By which i'm saying you'd be less ignorant on the matters people comment on on facebook if you were a corpse

Why is it a.problem when whites get casted black then?

I didn't say it was a problem.

If they can deliver the role properly, then they should be fine.

Why is Deunan Shirow's best girl?

>DOES THIS MOTHER FUCKING CHARACTER LOOK JAPANESE TO YOU?

Considering he ain't a Jap, it's good and well he don't.

Do your homework you chucklefuck

KEK it is the indigenous Japanese, namely the Jomon people (Ainu are a part of it) that look more Euroasian and different than common asians and not the Yayoi people that are mostly Korean/Chinese immigrants since 300BC and which are considered stereotypical "japs" by the westerners.

>picrelated a jomon native japanese look

>no cyber eyes
Put it in the fucking bin

My argument is for people who think the cast should be Japanese, considering the Anime is based literally in Japan

>acquire some reading comprehension chuckle fuck

My personal picks for The Major and Togusa.

wut he looks caucasian

Do you not have any knowledge of the source material at all?

>People defending Lucy 2 electric boogaloo
kill yourselves

Olyphant would've been a good Batou

>>People defending Lucy 2 electric boogaloo

oh well fuck facts right?

Bro I didn't read the Manga but hey never reference that he is from a different country

Cause this screams 'japanese man', no?

Now take your (You)s and get the fuck back to facebook

>Motoko
>not white

He'd honestly nail the look if he had the cyber goggles

Is he a big guy though, can't tell from that picture

Such pudgy casting

autism.txt

Easily the dumbest thing I've ever read

Most anime and manga characters don't look Japanese even when they are confirmed to be 100% purebred japs. Batou and the major are not confirmed but given the context they're almost certainly japs.

>only piece left of her original body is her brain
>hurr why is she white not japanese

>Motoko Kusanagi, a full on japanese name
It's about as authentic a japanese name as Max Power is in english

Ghost in the Shell is Japanese.

They should, at least, had Asians characters play the major roles. It would have been better. I don't want to see fuckign ScarJo as the Major. I don't want to see a fucking live action Akira played by American shits

If you don't want to see movies with Americans in them you should probably not watch movies made by Americans then

GITS is not a Japanese movie, it's not being made by the Japanese. So it doesn't star Japanese people.

They're eyewashing the movie

Why do they hate goggles?

>Batou
>Not Ron Perlman
0/10

Yeah that's why dr strange director had to excuse himself on youtube for casting a tibetan man to a white woman even when it was solely for the fact that chinese wouldn't air a film with a tibetan guy

These people are a vocal minority but they hold power

this

damn....good point

I wish they would adapt mediocre anime into American movies or tv shows instead of great ones. They have a lot of room for improvement by good directors and screen writers. And if they're equally mediocre nobody will mind.

*tips fedora*

Only the power they're given. Making apologies only spurs them on. They're still just a vocal minority.

When you're older than 18, all of the animes are mediocre so they're already doing it.

Even japanese people admit white are the master race.

Daily reminder that Motoko is operating the best cyber body in the world that you can get with money. This heavily implies in the manga that the body is from a INTERNATIONAL company. She also states in the anime that she doesnt really care about the appearance of the body as long if its strong.

Nah he's a king-o-manlet\5'10''er

I'd be ok with that

this

>Every fucking movie adaptation, there's always a big fucking deal about which race will play what character, and I'm fucking sick of it.

Same 1000%

Anime/Manga is by far the worst case for it because the characters more than half the time are designed to be visually western if at all any race.

Right, exactly.

The issue is that Hollywood has been so racist and misogynist for so many years, they feel they have to make it up, and ruin fucking good movies.

Can't they cast Ron Pearlman?

The GiTS live action has A LOT to live up to in terms of everything. Style, message, world building, hell even the music was beautiful

DO THESE MOTHER FUCKING CHARACTERS LOOK GERMAN TO YOU?

I'd say he's too old but considering Togusa is like 70 now I guess so.

Why do they keep making live action shit ? There is no way anyone fucking watches them over there, they just look fucking awful

To be honest man, I don't care. It's a Japanese film, made in Japan.

If only American's felt this way.

>Ron Pearlman

>Why do they keep making live action shit ?
It's easy, the story is already written, you literally only have to choose which parts to cut and it's guaranteed to bring in fans of the cartoon. You save plenty on producing a script so you can hire more big name actors.

Hollywood execs do the exact same thing, like GiTS.

his name is french dude...

The worst thing I saw on the trailer was Kitano. He looks incredibly stupid with that hairstyle.

And the movie will obviously suck.

where is togusas mullet? WHERE IS THE FUCKING MULLET?

It's a damn shame

>not pearlham

This

ACTUALLY, she would be ok. She pretty much plays the same character on justified.

>yfw OP then turns around and spergs out in a few months about a black Mary Jane when its closer to Homecoming's release

This board is the bastard child of irony and retardation

If you want ppl to stop giving a shit about race, then stop bitching about it.

Stupid pleb fuck to be quite honest, lots of greek tragedies have been adapted to anime and none of them resemble greeks from 200 before christ

Fuckign stupid anime shitting fuck shit fucking retard faggot neet giga beta pacified cuckold

kys yourself and your senpai

>buzzword central

he's about 5'7 IRL. This is fucking turtle from Entourage we're talking about.
>how u want ur adaptation f am
>JUST

That's a handsome ass guy. Is the guy that played Kenshin indigenous japanese as well? Very similar look.

Batou never looked Japanese but man his Japanese VA was amazing

>still defending nepotist casting
>we could have actually had some talent as the Major

I just rekked that shitposters only 'argument' (whcih is a false call to authenticity anyways) so ow you can just greentext?

fucking kill yourself pleb shit faggot fuckface

Those are the ainu they are not Japanese. They were just on the island first, which has since been named Japan by the Japanese people that came there from china/Korea.

>t. shill

There are innumerable problems with scarjo, being a terrible actress but Motoko is literally a highly cyberized brain stuck in a ROBOT BODY.

It literally could look like any race. Why does it have to be japanese?

Matoko is a complete cyborg, her body does not have to look Japanese and frankly in the movies doesn't even look Japanese compared to the obviously Asian people. Her defining feature in the original movie were her gigantic doll like eyes.

Also It depends on the specific series but Batou himself is either nearly as cybernetic as Matoko or only around 3/4ths, it's not super consistent

>if we shill hard enough maybe we can convince a few to buy tickets

You do realize that literally all of us will pirate/stream it right?
>esp considering they cast Turtle as Batou

I'm not going to see the movie because Arise ruined any faith I had in new GiTS. I just feel people forget that she's literally a mecha brain piloting an over clocked prostitute doll.

I hate Scarjo as the Major for different reasons, it would be like tom cruise being Togusa.

wait, why does scarf girl's actress look black? literally the only asian looking person on the show and they fuck up the casting

>look black?

Are you that weird north Irish guy who couldn't distinguish between spics and niggers?

Does this guy look Japanese to anybody?

In the real world, people having different opinions is not shilling

In anycase I dont give a shit how well this movie performs. That the actress is white is not a problem.

T. An actual asian person

Well since its a cartoon, if you changed his hair colour he could easily pass for japanese

I don't have a problem with changing characters' race but Scarlet Johanson looks so tiny and delicate, I think a taller and buff actress with more charisma would be better

he doesn't look human

isn't he supposed to be the only one who isn't in a robot body?
How'd they fuck that up

If you're not Chinese you're not even a real azn
-t. actual azn

No, she is shit.

About the only thing going for her in this role is that both her and the character she is playing are mostly plastic.

Well I am... but the differences genetically between all east asians is absolutely trivial

>make a Japanese anime into a Hollywood movie
>main character is supposed to be Japanese
>choose a Jew to play the main character
>people are surprised

trivial is your nation's place on the world stage. Stay rekt f am

Bodies are customized, you twat. They just pick out the endo skeleton and then craft the exterior exactly to specifications. It's not like people are walking around with the same faces.

All the east asian countries are top on the global nation states stage so we're all winners no matter what ;^)

gun looks fucked up.

thiiiisssss

>m-major, why do you look like 21'st Century wrestler John Cena?

> because I felt like it.

>end

me

>insulting the based mateba

>It's a "race and casting" thread

Honestly the japanese white washing thing isn't the problem.

Scarlet Johanson cannot play the major.
And the behind the scene shots of her make it look worse.

but I have some good expectations for the movie , they've got some neat names on it.

I'd want Batou to be played by a big white euroman. They picked a terrible guy for the role. The only one I wanted to be asian was major.

>Scarlet Johanson cannot play the major.
But they are both equally made out of plastic.

Wew

but seriously scarlet is a bit too pretty to be the major. Like the major should be played by someone with the same kind of scowl as Ridley in her prime.

Wait what? I think you have the wrong user here, mate

Fuck you I'm still mad they didn't cast Perelman for this role.

I mean ripley
Technically I mean sigourney weaver

>Not having a John Cena screamer installed in your cyberbody
come on its 2043

Calm the fuck down you raging autist. You care way too much and shitpost like a newfag. Relax. Its a Mandarin image board

Someone should do that image of the guy pressing two buttons
>It's okay to let black people take the role of a white person
>characters should only be portrayed by their original source's race

>a bit too pretty
Major is canonically a bombshell, more so than Scarlet.

but I think that blacks should never steal white roles, and I'm okay with major's role being taken by a white.

KEK the pol tourists here would kill themselves

I just wish he wasn't stubbly and his eyes looked better.

I'm talking about the face.
Major needs a face that can hold a scowl without it looking like a pout. She also needs to be able look distant but not look like shes posing for a picture.

I dunno

>implying copying basic and archaic story elements or the overall structure of a plot for a completely different work is the same as literally remaking one and changing aspects of the characters for no reason

Unless you can hit me up with at least 10 anime that are actual remakes of greek tragedies, in name and in plot, then your argument is hardly any better than saying "One Piece was inspired by DB but all of the characters look nothing alike so it's fine to change the race of characters for actual remakes"

Another important factor is time, I'm not the guy you responded to but changing elements of ancient stories that everyone takes for granted is different than doing the same for those whose creators are still alive, and whose fans have only just recently been able to digest

GITS is still recent, although I don't give a shit about this casting

And also you're talking about plays which are totally different from something as superficial as anime or comic books. Even the ones which are considered above average for their genre could still be called shallow, changing the character's race IS changing an important part of their character

Of course, cause you're a faggot.

Its almost like the flaw in your logic instantly comes out with an comparison like that.

Unless there is some nerve damage due to her plastic surgery I don't know about, she should be able to scowl. The problem is that she doesn't emote because she can't act.

I've been saying this for a while now, I have never seen a blonde japanese
Because they don't exist.

The main character is also white. Their names being japanese is done out of convenience for one; it's easier for them to pronounce. They butcher english words and names, they can't even pronounce certain letters in the alphabet. They themselves admit to all this

t. a neutral party, figuratively and literally (on the color scale).

>what is peroxide?

>I have never seen a blonde japanese
Nice try satan, japs dye their hair all the fucking time.

Looks like David Duchovny

Pretty sure he was American, or at least mixed race as he survyed in the US Army Rangers.

>Live action character/irl guy Emulating an anime depiction of a white guy

Don't believe me?
Explain why his eyes are still slanted?

he was cia .
omg don't bother backstory wthfo!!!!1111!!!!!111!!1
kids these days .

This goes for you too

Are you talking about batou?
His eyes are litterally circles.

Take that Back. And don't call her fucking scarjo, she hates that.

> associate that name with, like, pop stars. It sounds tacky," she tells Glamour of the nickname in the fashion magazine's May cover story. "It's lazy and flippant. And there's something kind of violent about it. There's something insulting about it."

I saw an anime a while back, it wasn't very good but it'll help end these unnecessary weaboo apologist delusions once and for all.
It's called Attack of Titan, a cartoon done in typical japanese fashion. But this time they went ahead and made things clear from the get go (for the sake of their stupid foreign audience imo), their characters were all european in name and origin. Their facial features are the same as those seen in Ghost in the Shell. There were no japanese characters on that show with the exception of one dark haired female with slightly upturned eyes, she was mixed. In the story she's eurasian with dramatically recessive asian traits, almost non existent

then why are you bitching about white washing

Pretty much impossible for a women to be more attractive than Scarlett (2 ts not one you moron), so I'm calling bullshit.

>>

You think there will be a BatouxMajor romance in the film?

>yea cause a Japanese guy naturally has Blonde hair

Japanese dye their hair a lot. If you wanna see how a European looks in anime style watch the show monster which is set in Germany. The characters are defenitely japanese, eespecially motoko. They are born and raised in Japan and have Japanese or Chinese names to reflect their heritage.

I find it rather amusing with all this diversity crap: writing white characters forcefully into black ones and so, especially whent they are male, that the same standards of course don't apply to women. Bettina flabbybelly who ages like milk is just too afraid of Asian cuties to apply her virtues here. After all social justice seems to be about nothing but 60% erotic fantasies of middle age white women and 40% cop outs for the same group.

Looks like an anime person to me senpai

No way that squinteyed fucker is german

GITS has characters from all over...have you watched it?

Monster is GOAT though

In the show....yes.

Heed my warning
this movie must be boycotted
if this movie works
it will be directly responsible from reviving the plans for the Akira live-action movie
look at what happened with capeshit

>Becareful what you wish for

im gonna have to go with the youtube guy
im simply not going to see it
sure as hell not paying for another lucy sequel

Its the same in k-on

The westerners where grey washed out squinty eyed people with dusty hair and the Japanese were round eyed vibrant people

Honestly I hope it bombs because Anime should be left in its medium. GiTS is great and beautifully done and I don't think Hollywood has enough creative bones in its body to remake such a classic

>Being accurate to the source material
It's Ghost in the Shell. There is literally no canon.

>nepotist casting
You can't just cast anyone you need a marketable enough star

Nobody cares about the things you havent seen. It is the lowest commin denominator non.-opinion to just refuse to watch something. Its a dumb faggoty copout that just look like a whine when you use it as soem sort of protest and pass it off as a criticism.

Close but not quite.

All characters in anime are white.
This upsets weebs with yellow fever greatly.

:^O

Now im angry.

>Does he look Japanese to you
Anime characters never look Japanese

That's said he has a Japanese name so he is Japanese

Looks like Takeshi Kaneshiro with light hair. Maybe Kazuki Kitamura.

>eurojews aren't white
Favorite meme.

I love how they picked the most down syndrome looking asian for this example. what a shitty picture.

They'll be CGI.

Why waste the effort to go watch a live action remake/reboot/adaptation when you could watch something else?

Who cares what you thought about the movie? There's a million fucking reviewers and critics these days. You should watch a movie to enjoy it and be entertained, not so you can vindicate or debunk other peoples opinions on it.

I recently saw the movie Pan. Wasn't necessarily good, but people rate it bad for the wrong reasons. It was accused of whitewashing because Tiger Lily was played by Rooney Mara. While in the original cartoon adaptation, which people base this whitewashing on, feautured more of the prototypical racism with the red injuns. But hey, because she wasn't played by a native American, shit is all whitewashed. However, when you compare the two, Pan is literally a multicultural heaven. Fucking bullshit to call that flick "whitewashed" when it actually panders to the very SJWs that is complaining.

I know the TV series is obviously set in a future Japan, but isn't the city from the original film either Hong Kong or at least nameless city in a fictional world that closely resembles Hong Kong?

So if you're going to be that pedantic about what races the characters should be, well shit, maybe they should all be Chinese. At any rate, as someone pointed out, most of the characters have cybernetic bodies so they can literally choose any appearance they want, including being white.

The characters have augmentations, not full on cyber body.

that's bullshit, there's an episode where she switches to a new body

Sorry, I ment the majority of characters in the saga just have augmented parts, mainly brain.

yea i'm sure you'd have no problem if she were portrayed by a black actor, right? ;-)

i know what you meant to say though np

Matoko could. Ishikawa is an old fart who is mostly human. Batou has cyber eyes since the time he spent in the army. So on. There must be more info in a wikia if you are interested, but anyway as already stated: only a few main and secondary characters have full on cyber bodies and switch them during the saga.

Ah well yeah, I know regular Joe Soaps are mostly organic, but Motoko is full cyborg and IIRC correctly so are a lot of the elite cops (except maybe mullet cop who's pure human). So really they could theoretically be anything, whatever they might have been born as.

>have the ability to augment yourself into anything
>stay asian

You GiTS fucks should be grateful they seems to understand material atleast , look death note movie which has black L giving conference in public and will be edgy,maturejust like anime according to director lol

Ishikawa is black in this "adaptation".

This isnt a competition on who got fucked the most, fans are irrelevant to the big jew.

You retards keep saying that but i see no evidence to this. It seems he is giving conference to police in public

are you blind, she def looks japanese here,

>people still think Motoko's body is her original one and that it looks asian
pic related Motoko next to an actual asian character.

That guys not Asian, he's German.

All race aside, Hollywood has always been about marketability. Asian woman aren't a big pull for anyone to go see a blockbuster outside of being the white male protagonist's cock sleave.

>Ghost in the shell
>angry that the shell doesn't match its country of operation

>have the ability to elect a white president
>elect a kenyan instead
>twice

I don't care about that crap, but I think it'd be nice to see a movie that could be done well with the original races
Death Note could have done it, since a lot of characters are American, but they've fucked that up by making everybody American
Netflix could easily have made a movie set in Japan and just have them speak English, even using a black L isn't a problem to me, because at least he's American

Okay, find an anime that doesn't have foreign characters and would be marketable for American audiences.

Also,
>Original races
Like Orcs, Elves and Dwarves, but new? Neytiry? Ferengi? Corellian?

but user, I was just talking about Death Note

>electing a cryptocuck solely because of its skin color

.>submitting to a kenyan

>American audiences.
>we need diversity
>by faithfully reflecting our exact American demographic composition and sensibilities and not the ones typical to the country of origin

>Original races
>Like Orcs, Elves and Dwarves, but new? Neytiry? Ferengi? Corellian?

We are only one race, the human race!! If you kill your enemies they win.

>if you kill your enemies they win
That's catholicism, and as far as I am aware, not a race.

>I was just talking about death note.
No, you weren't, not in the part I originally commented on.

Does this mean live action Akira is going to be made in time for the Tokyo Olympics? Neo Tokyo can't be that much more expensive to create than Newport City.

>people mad at whitewashing when the human torch and deadshot are black

*blackwashed

>That's catholicism, and as far as I am aware, not a race.

That's Trudeau you retard and the point is that you make as much sense as him with your pleasing nonsense phrases devoid of any substance. There are different human races, deal with it.
Deus Vult.

see

its clearly macgyver

It's just funny how every white male character gets blackwashed, but white women are not only excempt from this, but are even allowed to do the opposite. Talk about an ideology that is inconsistent and solely about woman pleasing.

is this the different between chink and grorious nippon?

But none of them are original. That's what I meant.

I don't get why the fuck you type down the war cry of the first crusaders while telling me to deal with a fact I have no qualms with.

>White washing
>In Anime

Nobody looks Japanese in anime

evidence: josh tranks fantastic four

No it's about real japanese vs anime japanese. But the author must be some buttblasted otaku or chink because the drawings don't resemble japanese traits much. A potatoe nose and flat face is generally much more chinese like.

wtf are original races? He meant the races with which the characters were portrayed with in the source material, are you fucking retarded.

Deus Vult for refuting your other implication that catholicism (from which the quote was not from) is universally defined by unconditional love for your enemies. Not with the old testament it is not.

Nobody looks caucasian in anime. Never seen anyone with eyes the size of their fist and noses that are just points.

I have no issue with casting western actors, it's a western produced movie after all, but that Scarlet Johanson bitch can't act for shit and is actually kind of ugly.

>race
>mattering in an era where cybernetics are the mainstream

it's your ghost that really matters.

>Nobody looks caucasian in anime

they really do

they look like teenagers in any western country even including "turkey"

Show me a human with bug eyes and point noses. They look like cartoons, anthropomorphic characters that loosely resemble a human to me.

>they look like teenagers in any western country even including "turkey"

Alright Muhammed Brewster...
Since when are westerners known for their petite noses and chins and plate sized eyes?

Really makes you stink.

I'd still prefer a hot Japanese actress instead of that washed out white brat. Especially considering the outrage from hollywood if not every male caucasian actor is turned into a black stud.

cosplaying starterk =/= anime or anything japan

oh shit

he canceled you out

Bitch is ugly as hell and has no range, how can people like her?

Don't bother, weebs are in denial. They will tell you every white blond anime character looks japanese just because they have japanese names.

Japanese draw Caucasians with stronger jaws and bigger noses. I haven't watched Ghost in the Shell but that character in the OP looks like it's supposed to be of western ethnicity.

exactly so its okay for Idris Elba and Zendaya to play white characters and this board should stop bitching about it.

>all white people in anime are 60 years old
>all Japanese people are under 40 years old white people

anything with a big nose and jutting chin is white. Wide cheeks and small noses are asian. If you can't tell that from a cartoon, quit telling people who to cast in their kino