I don't wanna die I DON'T WANNA DIEE

>I don't wanna die I DON'T WANNA DIEE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XEKSCwA38L0
youtube.com/watch?v=vOsFMMjdHrc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Hathcock#Confrontations_with_North_Vietnamese_snipers
youtube.com/watch?v=RKBcs9tNWg8
youtube.com/watch?v=uFFlHFgYmpU
youtube.com/watch?v=VVgUYLV3v6U
youtube.com/watch?v=O5YpUsDsHmk
youtube.com/watch?v=8yD_c1pnQ6k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this scene was so fucking depressing

No it wasn't. He rushed at a machine gun nest. He was supposed to die. And he went out crying like a fag, with no regard for self respect.

this.

When i was a kid i always skipped this scene along with Melish death

I hope your death gets posted to Cred Forums in 4K webm at 60fps.

When he starts babbling for his momma I felt horrible
Okay Coldsteel

what exactly happened to him? was he in great pain?

>randomly bringing up his mom while everyone else was passing funny stories
>bet he was a fucking weirdo virgin when he got drafted

Guy was a weirdo. Good riddens. He was bad for morale.

Why he had to go to the machine gun nest?

he has no guns so what's the point

Shot in the stomach, horrible way to go

He was "that guy". But he was their only 68W so they let him get away with being a depressive faggot.

He was always fucking crying.

Capt Miller was in his 30s and still a fucking Captain, which means he was probably a fuckup from the get go. Just a bad play on his part. So their sole medic got fucked.

Shit man if I filled my days deciding that dude A is too fucked up to live, dude B might pull through if I can get his intestines back into his stomach and dude C just has his arm blown off I might be a little emotionally frayed

I don't want to sound like a wannabe tough guy, but I never cried while watching a movie except for this scene.
This movie is just magic. I will fucking punch in the face whoever calls it american propaganda or some other bullshit.

what does 'that guy' stands for?

D R O P P E D

you are definitely that guy

It's American propaganda.

>good guys vs bad evil gnaziss ::DD

But capt miller was no career army fag. He was a teacher just before school. Is reaching captain rank in a year considered not impressive?

youtu.be/XEKSCwA38L0

Based Ager

>MAAAMAAA! MAMA! I WANT MY MAMA!!

Jesus Christ... this was brutal

It's Jew propaganda actually, if the Nazis were actually wrong they would have shut up about them by now.

At least he had enough morphine to OD on.

Daily reminder that Upham got 3 of his comrades killed.

watch

>obvious jew is jewish

meanwhile the sun is warm, the ocean is big and birds fly.

edgy

And he shot the 'steam boat willy' guy so Reiben didn't find him thus proving him right that letting the german go was a mistake and so avoiding being fragged by Reiben.

In short, he was a little pussy weasel.

That vid seems like a stretch
t. European

Upham is an accurate portrayal of an art or humanities major in a time that requires action.

They are naturally passive, like women.

so americans murdering innocent civilians and penile battalions is propaganda?

Just before the war I mean.

All characters have to be cartoons to get San Franciscan approval.

>murdering civilians

When was it shown in the movie that american soldiers were murdering civilians?

They deserve huge pity for dying in a Jewish war for Jews and privileged rich people.

>having your only medic charge an MG42

kys Tom Hanks

How so?

Speilburg obviously tones down the brutality when it comes to nazi soldier deaths in the film. They die from torso wounds in one hit 90% of the time while the american soldiers valiantly overcome them with action movie set pieces. Speilburg despised the nazis and pretty much portrays them as inhuman in every film regardless of whether they were just normal people being drafted into war just like americans. Speilburg is a low key zionist and is obviously pro war when it fits his agenda. even if some of the info in the video is a strech a lot of it has weight.

The whole hill scene in the Thin Red Line is more depressing.

>be a teacher
>become a Captain

Holy shit

But the human eye can't see past 40fps.

You mean to tell me that The Hebrew hammer is fucking Jewish?!?!

LEFT SIDE STICK
PORT SIDE STICK
MOVE FAST AND CLEAR THOSE MURDERHOLES

paternal 50%

Or just fucking leave it there. I'm pretty sure if a squad of 5 saw the fucking nest, a whole platoon or battalion passing there would have no problems seeing it also and have much more probability to take it out.

I don't understand what was the motivation to take out the MG nest.

Because oh fuck it.

and flowers grow

He literally said it. It had already ambushed and killed some GIs. They were there to fight a war and beat the Gnatsies, rescue mission or no. He wasn't going to bypass the nest and have it kill more men when he knew right where it was and felt he could neutralize it himself.

They don't murder civilians they just murder PoWs and surrendering conscripts, which is still pretty bad

thanks

>fighting against one of the top 5 most noble causes in human history
>deserving of pity

Fuck you.

They wear a German uniform so there is little sympathy due to conditioned associations between ww2 Germans and genocide.

ENGINEERS
HERE

faggot

Why does Cred Forums talk about SPR over and over again every day and never other war movies.

>Being this autistic

Cry more stormfag. 70 years later and still butthurt kek

Will there be a film about ISIS with Abu Hajaar as Upham?

The only realistic ones are Generation KIll and Jarhead. The rest were active propaganda approved by military PR offices.

>i wish i was at home reading the koran

That's an awfully stupid thing to say, user.

>tfw you realize literally millions and millions of men died in similarly gruesome ways on all sides during that war, before that war and all wars after it

Says you. Those scenes are pretty clearly meant to show that there was bad on both sides

Yeah you could take it on faith that someone else would see it of the battalion could be marching down the road and get lit up by it. Thinking like that gets a lot of people killed

what about come and see?

probably one of the most realistic death scenes in any movie ever.

people dont die honorably. they dont want to die. they dont want their entire life to be over. they cry, they panic, they cry out for mom because thats what they resorted to when they were young that made everything better, but it cant at this point.

I went to the American cemetery in Normandy a few weeks ago and it's hard not to tear up in that place especially if you've seen the movie.
One of the nicest places I've ever been to. I'd gladly trade my life on a battlefield for a cross on that field and I'm not even American.
Looks like the propaganda has gotten to me.

Soviet propaganda, good film regardless

>Having 3 fellow soldiers hold you in cover and a medic help your passing
Western front soldiers were so privileged desu

1000 war movies to choose from and you pick one of the most notable examples of propaganda as evidence that not all war films are propaganda.

Deep bruh. Unfortunately, not every male dies like that.

yeah he is a fucking zionist right thats why he made munich lol! u dumb fuck

This is so FUCKING sexist. Why tf were the ONLY women in that movie (or should I say patriarchy propaganda) little girls and subservient wives. wtf. I. Hate. Spielberg.

Quick reminder that Generation Kill was banned from sale on military bases

you don't know a goddamned thing.

What's upham?

low key zionist

What is reading comprehension?

The jew is a master of deception.

>including civilians in the causalities list

Is there a source for that? I believe you but I'd just like to read how they tried to justify the ban.

>DUDE MORE PEOPLE DIED ON THE OTHER FRONT SO THAT MEANS THE PAIN AND DEATH THE AMERICANS WENT THROUGH IS MEANINGLESS AHAH

You're cancer.

Prentetious ignorance is the worst kind of ignorance. I bet he feels so smart while spouting that nonsense.
It's a film that portrays WWII as accurately as possible, but it still a film. It has to abide to movie conventions.
And the final statement Cpt. Millar said was addressed to both Ryan and the audience. "Earn this", means earn the good life and freedom that we have enjoyed in Europe and America since the war ended. It's an anti-war statement.

How can someone be so clueless, yet literate enough to make such a video? Meh, it's probably just clickbait anyway.

Also, side note: when he says that Germans dropped dead without screaming in pain, everytime they do that they get shot in the chest. And no shit, a .45 ACP or a fucking Garand .30 in the chest WILL kill you instantly or almost instantly if they hit you in the torso. Your lungs are destroyed, without lungs you can't scream in pain. You don't have to be an expert on anatomy to know that.

Whoever says SPR is propaganda is either:
1. a Wehraboo stormtard who thinks dead Germans = anti-German statement
2. a moron who doesn't know what the word "propaganda" means
3. a tinfoil hat-wearing retard who thinks Spielberg has an agenda

But that's enough. I've wasted enough time over this fuckhead.

>Okay Coldsteel

Why is this so funny? My favourite metaphor for edginess.

>Ryan, did I ever tell you that you must earn this, as in you must earn the fact that I got stripped of my command and given a squad, that numerous people died, not only from my squad but others too like that runner we sent across the street on some village just so he could ask the other unit if they knew a Ryan?

>You are a good friend.

I don't want to see a fat autist have a heart attack in 4k

I thought hard about it and the 4 most docile/beta men with a college degree I know are all engineers

Edgy or not, he's right.

>accurately as possible
>something as crucial as the firefights isn't realistic at all

Look at the few Omaha pictures and videos and you'll see it wasn't like it was pictured in the film. The firefights are all close-range, Call of Duty like fights.

I love SPR and it's my favourite war themed film, but saying that it's realistic is just ridiculous. It's a film, it doesn't need to be realistic. The cinematography is nice and the film is stylish.

he's wrong because his argument is
>It's not depressing when people die charging machine guns
Which is autistic at best

It's realistic as it gets, the sound effects, the gunshots, the bullets when they impact, etc. all were studied carefully.

Yes, there are some moments that are really off.

Like the sniper scene, the bullet could have never hit the scope and go through his eye from that distance and angle.

Or when the American soldiers are killed IN THE WATER by bullets (this one actually pissed me off quite a lot).

Aside from that, it tries to be as accurate as possible. No war movie can be 100% accurate, the noise of the firearms, the smoke and dust, it'd be impossible to film.

But SPR does its best and I admire Spielberg for trying something new.

>Jews
>actually fighting in wars they start

"I don't have a very accurate depiction of what the American military was like during World War 2": The Post

there where a lot of jews in the soviet side.

His argument is it's stupid and he feels no sympathy.

The sniper getting shot through the scope is a popular WW2 wives tale that they threw in just for fun

And the dead in the water would have been fine if they just didn't show that one shot of the bullets penetrating the ocean water like jello

You're an idiot who's focusing on tiny gimmicks instead of looking at the big picture.
Omaha didn't look like that. There weren't huge, concrete bunkers overlooking the beach from an elevated position. Neither were the bunkers 50 meters away from the beach.
Firefights weren't that fast-paced, videogame-like, shooting-at-each-other from 5 meters thing that's pictured in the film. White smoke didn't come out of people when they get shot. Neither does the amount of blood that's pictured in the film. It's all stylized, so please stop being a pretentious and cringe-worthy idiot who claims otherwise.

Rob Ager is usually on point for analysis of something he likes but when he critiques films it's evident he doesn't spend expend half the effort and ends up looking like his main detractors.

>few Omaha pictures and videos
That's exactly the thing, there's so little of Omaha physically documented (or of CQC in WWII for that matter) you can't put together an accurate picture of what it was like except to rely on testimony, and some of the testimony does state that entire boats loads were mowed down before they could disembark. 3000 casualties across a few miles is very bloody for one day, so a black and white shot here and there of troops moving is not an accurate picture of what it was like.

That's still a war crime, user.

And you know that because you were there, right?
Unlike the historians and vets who were consulted while making that scene.
The fact that you even mention Call of Duty is cringeworthy.

One thing that really bugged me in SPR is that they got the IFF callout "flash, thunder" backwards.

At one point tom hanks hears something and yells "thunder!" and the guy responds with flash. That doesn't even make sense. The whole point of the callout was that germans couldn't properly pronounce the "th" sound in thunder.

he also was american so who cares
>thank u for ur service

Steamboat Willy did nothing wrong

shut up faggot.

Wow, the film is totally ruined now for me.
He he us geeks, right? XD

Do people always reply like this on Cred Forums?

It bugs me when movies make a point of including something and then get it wrong, even though it would take five minutes of research to get right. It wasn't like it was even necessary to have in the movie at all but they made a scene to showcase it and then fucked it up.

Don't worry man, likes being retarded he doesn't want your dumb historical accuracy!

only the underage Cred Forumstards that crossboard here
just report him and move along they get banned eventually

The bunker in the film was an amalgamation of designs from several of the beaches, and there was at least one on Omaha. It's purpose in the film was to orient the audience because many of the real MG emplacements were in little pillboxes dug into the hill which couldn't be seen.

They probably thought the audience would be confused if they couldn't see why soldiers were dying, to this effect they inserted shots from the machine gun's perspective as well. Just because it's not 100% accurate doesn't mean it's not a good representation of what the men faced there.

eastern euro jews who were fighting for their survival != american jew bankers who profit from the war

This scene triggers me

Why did they have their only medic charge the gun? Upham and Wade were pretty much mission critical

They had already lost Caparzzo so it might have been suicide to go at it with anything less than full strength.

Upham would stay behind in every case because he's a liability.

thoughts on this?

youtube.com/watch?v=vOsFMMjdHrc

I find the hypocrisy of people like this and this astounding. They are circle-jerking their complaints about historical/authenticity inaccuracies for minor, gimmicky things, but are willing to ignore major things like the overall way the firefights are presented.

Because it was supposed to show captain Miller's inadequacy and temporary bad leadership. Pay attention to Mike during that scene. He looks surprised and confused, as if captain Miller is a stranger, because that's not something he'd normally do.

Should not have sign up for the army then, retard

what did you think would happen?

>sign up for the army
>1944
oh boy

I would actually agree with your edgelording if you were talking about Iraq vets

he could have fled or deserted

Its inclusion was necessary because the film involves D-day paratroopers.

But yeah, you shouldn't even have to research to understand why a thunder would come AFTER a flash. It's still a pretty minor fuck up, I've never got why people are that anal about it.

>sign up for the army
>WWII

Nigger what? Ever heard of mandatory military drafting?

Why didn't they just go round the gun and mark it for the engineers?

Its horse shit.

was it still a 68W back then? I know mine was changed from 90something to 35 series.

Tom Hanks was inept and made decisions that often got his men killed

modern battle tactics wouldve said leave it. Basic training and most SOPs teach not to engage an enemy position unless you outnumber the enemy 3 to 1

Except he's not wrong about the bunker thing

welp gotta rewatch that now

But his tactics in the final battle were great, they fought off tanks and what looked like an entire company with a rag tag band of Paratroopers and very little equipment

>tfw Mike didn't make it

>Why does Cred Forums talk about SPR over and over again every day

It's a movie that practically everyone has seen, and neo-nazi Cred Forums posters love it because they can say "but the Americans killed surrendering Germans! Clearly, the Nazis were the good guys!".

It's a little weird how movies like Downfall don't get discussed more, though, given this place's fetish for all things Nazi.

Fun fact: the MRE company caught wind of the superstition and stopped putting Charms in MREs. at least ive never found any.

They even kinda fuck it up in Band of Brothers, cause while they got flash/thunder right they didn't research the fact that the passwords changed every few days.

At least we can all agree on this, Steamboat Willie was a good fucking shot

>actually fighting in wars they start
>they start

Yes, Jewish bankers created an anti-Jewish regime and tricked it into invading Eastern Europe to kill Jews. Congratulations, you've solved the mystery.

read

It's a Cred Forums tard, when they can't specifically blame Jews for something they just invent ones "behind the scenes" and say they did it, and if you ask for a source or proof you're obviously a Jewish shill.

reminder

how the fuck did you get that bad quality image of that scene??
you fucking faggot GTFO!!
use vlc niggaa

flee, desert, hide in Canada

he had options

connect the dots and you'll start to see jews everywhere

That is true from a certain perspective, it has nothing to do with feminism. Dead people stop existing and the people they leave behind are left to suffer their loss for years to come.

You can get over the loss of a loved one
you can't get your existence back.

Christ I hope I never get a bullet in my stomach, shit must be the worst pain out there next to being burned alive.

>Earn this

Yo WTF

Way to fuck up Ryan for the rest of his life.

I cannot think of a more devastating final statement to give to someone who knows that you're going to die largely because of you.

You've never swung a fist in your life, pussy.

>you can't get your existence back.

Nor do you want to, or want anything at all. Or exist. If you're really incapable of understanding that perspective, even if you don't agree with it, you're an idiot.

* Because of them

Sauce?

I've lost many loved ones over just the past 5 years and I'd rather go through that pain that having my stomach torn open.

Thank you for Correcting The Recordâ„¢ though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Hathcock#Confrontations_with_North_Vietnamese_snipers
>One of Hathcock's most famous accomplishments was shooting an enemy sniper through the enemy's own rifle scope, hitting him in the eye and killing him.

>Surveying the situation, Hathcock concluded that the only feasible way he could have put the bullet straight down the enemy's scope, through his eye, would have been if both snipers were zeroing in on each other at the same time and Hathcock fired first

That reminds me of All Quiet on the Western Front where the guy gets shot in the gut and he asks his comrades to kill him. Must be pretty bad.

God tier acting

Would have been better if he just went home, decided to become NEET, never fathered any children and just shitposted the rest of his days away whilst drinking heavily and never even having a gf

Captain Miller BTFO

In the same sense that you could say pets are the primary victims of war.

Dogs are more victims of it than women

youtube.com/watch?v=RKBcs9tNWg8

Seriously, why didn't White just drop him near some hospital?
It's clear that he trusts Orange at that point.

No, because humans are capable of far more severe emotional suffering than non-humans are capable of.

>I'd rather go through that pain that having my stomach torn open
You mean you'd rather have something horrific happen to the people you "love" then to you.

You're not thinking very hard then.

He's imbuing the sacrifice with meaning by telling Ryan to take advantage of the life he's been given.

It's easier to understand when you think back to Miller coming to the reasoning that saving Ryan is what earns him the right to go home to his wife.

>Scene
That could have been an entire movie.

Literally didn't say that but keep up the shitty arguments there CTR

>mfw I killed people in Afghanistan and now currently teach college literature

Remind me again, user, where did you serve?

>Foreigner invades a foreign country that was no threat to them on the behest of his Jewish overlords and gets killed by patriots defending their land

Got what he deserved desu

How can you just lie like that? That's exactly what you said. Don't you have any integrity or balls?
But I guess pointing out your self-serving bullshit makes me a shill for [insert political enemy here].

>dying is good because the dead can feel no pain
I understand that perspective it's just really a really shitty perspective for a politician and generally counterproductive for everybody not acutely dying

tell that to Hemingway

That's exactly what your argument implies.

>shitty arguments

Says the brain damaged alt right weeb who is so brainwashed he has to include special phrases in every post.

>muh correct the record

Kill yourself.

>calls women the primary victims of war because of mental pain
>gets called out
>n-no you just hate your dead loved ones

Are you cunts autistic?

I've always taken that to be deliberate to show how nervous the soldiers were. I thought that was obvious.

One guy hears some random noise and immediately yells Thunder because he's spooked, thinking he may have missed a 'Flash' callout.

Other friendly hears 'Thunder' and gets spooked, thinking someone else has called 'Flash' and that they'll be mistaken as the enemy because they didn't call it themselves, so they yell 'Flash' randomly in a panic.

only a CTR faggot would get that triggered over an insult

i tip my fedora to you good sirs

are you sure this is the Hill you want to bleed on?

>HEY GUISE FIND THIS DUDE WHO MAY BE DEAD OR MISSING
>YOU'RE ONLY 6-8 MEN AND IN ENEMY HELD TERRITORY
>GOOD LUCK

What a stupid mission

>calls women the primary victims of war because of mental pain
Wrong, retard. I called out your post where you literally said you'd rather your loved ones die than experience a violent death. I never said women were the primary victims of anything, faggot.

It doesn't really have anything to do with women now does it, she just said women because it's by and large women who are historically left behind. The argument applies to anyone left behind though. It's funny how you teenagers act like you know all of the answers as long as you can associate it with identity politics.

A person who gets domed never even hears the shot that kills them. If you don't think there's a substantial philosophical debate to be had over whether a person who dies before they even know they're dying is a victim in any meaningful sense of the word, then you're an idiot.

I said I'd rather go through the depressive feeling of that, not wanting them to die you autist.

I would say most people disagree with you, at least on some level. The greatest fear any parent has is that they will see their children die.

I didn't say anything about whether you wanted the existence back or not, I just said you wouldn't get it back.

The person who ceases to exist still has it worse then the person who still has the opportunity to enjoy life. Because the person who ceases to exist no longer exists and can no longer enjoy existing.

You're the fucking idiot you dumb motherfucker go fuck

It literally is an identity politics argument with Hillary though, it's what she's based her entire career on.
Not like she'd mind having more victims after her Iraq War vote though.

>The person who ceases to exist still has it worse then the person who still has the opportunity to enjoy life

Wrong, death isn't worse than life for a person who dies, it just is. It can't be worse because your brain doesn't even exist to make that assessment. This philosophy 101 is clearly too complex for you.

It's worse BECAUSE your brain doesn't even exist to make that assessment you fucking moron.

Worse for who? The person who no longer exists? You don't even understand your own argument.

t. atheist

YES
because they no longer exist.
They existed at one point, now they don't.
They are in a worse off position because they are no longer.

You dumb fuck.

You really don't understand death.
It's okay, most people can't even begin to wrap their mind around the concept.

You seem to fail to grasp that value judgments like "worse" only exist in the context of a subjective experience. If someone's subjective experience ceases to exist, then value judgments no longer apply.

Even ignoring the key issue of subjectivity, death being worse than life is just an opinion, not a fact.

It's better to be dead than permanently scarred/mutilated/paralyzed or shellshocked with no possibility of recovery.

Suffering is a worse fate than death.

*garble garble garble*

SHOT IN THE SPIIIINE

There is not even a single negative portrayal of a German in this ENTIRE movie.
Prove me wrong.

Thank you for your cervix :^)

>germans in occupied france
>defending their land

lmfao?

>Jewish character gets killed by a nazi while the American is too afraid to save him
What did Speilburg mean by this?

>France
>German land
kys

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

He's either trolling or a typical Cred Forumstard.

Read your history, faggot.

Germany got fucked hard by the Treaty of Versailles. The treaty was trash by every rational standard, but was pushed through because the frogs were sore that they sucked so hard in war and the Germans were so fucking good. As part of the treaty, Germany loses a tremendous amount of its territory, especially in Poland. In the years leading up to WWII, Germany was with increasing vigor demanding back the lands it "lost" through a bullshit treaty forced on them. When the Germans defended their territorial claims *against Poland*, France and Britain declared war, saying that Germany had ""invaded"" Poland.

Never mind that neither France nor England gave a single shit that Poland was getting fucked hard by the Soviets prior to WWII. Never mind that neither France nor England gave a single shit that Poland was getting fucked hard by the Soviets for 70 years after WWII.

WWII began on a false pretense. The history you've been told is incomplete, and in fact mostly false.

Unsurprisingly, Skype Spielberg shows the brutality of war in SPR only when the violence is done to Americans. When the violence is done to the Germans, it's practically a pop-corn flick action movie.

>Germany got fucked hard by the Treaty of Versailles. The treaty was trash by every rational standard,

confirmed as stormfag. The treaty of Versailles wasn't harsh enough.

Fuck off.

The Treaty was pure bullshit. The *only* conceivable reason why it was so harsh is because German did war so well. Given how rampant nationalism was in *every country in Europe*, given how convoluted the system of allegiances was in Europe, and given how eager every country in Europe was to expand their power through military might, the treaty's harshness cannot possibly be accounted for by the fact that Germany was the aggressor in the war—everyone was equally the aggressor in WWI.

I don't wanna die I don't wanna die I don't wanna die I DON'T WANNA DIE

That treaty is probably the reason WW2 happened. The Americans knew that humiliating and crippling the losers of the war (which was a humiliation and a crippling in itself) would lead to no good, but the French and Bongs were adamant about sticking it to the Krauts.

By the way,
>>HURR STORMGURR
is not an argument for the Treaty of Versailles.

Make an argument or go back to rebbit.

The treaty was barely enforced m8, only the french wanted it fully enforced. Both British and American governments thought it was too harsh.

Except after he neutralized it his team wouldn't be able to occupy it anyway, meaning Germans would be back there in a few days and his idiotic sacrifice made absolutely no difference

sure thing, pal

>German did war so well.
>lose
>proceeded to make up "le stab in back myth" because you cant admit your own military failures

Christ you are autistic. Germany was an embarrassment and they started a war they had no hope of winning. You crying about it 100 years later wont change that fact.

The army limitations were barely enforced, but the stealing of land and harassing the of German populace (something the Frenchies did way too much of) definitely helped the growing resentment that enabled extremists like Hitler to seize power. France in particular conveniently took some material-rich lands for themselves.

You shouldn't kick someone you already defeated. They'll just get back up and stab you when you're not expecting it.

Germany actually advanced into other countries in the war before stalemating and in that sense they outperformed everyone in the war.

They surrendered basically because Russia has more supplies and the US added more pressure in the West.

I remember when I was a kid we used to always call each other Upham as an insult. Like "stop being a fucking Upham" and such.

My girlfriend's cousin who she grew up with (a musician who goes by Cat Power) was married to Giovanni Ribisi. He was/is a total dickweed and a weird as fuck Scientologist.

>They surrendered basically because Russia has more supplies and the US added more pressure in the West.

Thank you for confirming that you know absolutely nothing about ww1.

Russia had already signed a treaty with Germany giving up most of eastern europe before the end of the war. Even with the new reserve of troops coming from the east to fight in the west, Germany still got wrecked in the last 6 months of the war by the British and French. The american forces only participated in the fighting for less than five months, which isn't enough time to actually make a significant impact in the war.

Now fuck off retard

so what's your opinion on all the history that happened before you were born? Did you, in your state of not-being, feel better off than all those people who were living through the centuries? Was it agony to not be alive? Would it have been better if you were plucked out of the formless void of non-life and were born into a dirt poor peasant-life in the dark ages that found you constantly covered in shit and dead by 30 anyway?

No, you didn't give a shit because there was nothing of you to give a shit about anything anyway. Death will feel the same way. The only value judgements pertaining to you being dead that are relevant are the ones formed by the still-living. There is no "worse off" for the dead.

Nothing I said was wrong, pal. Britain wanted to trade with Germany and the US didn't want them to kicked to the curb. It was only France which wanted to treat Germany harshly. You can see the full effects in the 1930s with appeasement.

That's a super cool and totally real anecdote you have there

Is your honour insulted or something? Were you there?

I love how little bitch made numales-in-denial are always ripping on upham like they would even be able to make it to the beach without dying of a heart attack

It is real. But not something anyone gives a shit about.

I saw this movie for the first time in american history class and ended up dry heaving during this scene because i've never seen gore this realistic before. the strange thing was that the beach landing scenes didn't bother me at all. it was a good thing i ended up skipping breakfast that morning or i would of puked all over my desk.

>someone would make up an anecdote like that on a literal who just to get some (you)s in a japanese sex trafficking site
I don't think so tim

When I was watching this scene on my laptop I heard someone laughing and talking on the phone outside. Like just one of my FUCKING RETARDED neighbors who thinks that it's OKAY to talk and make noise while someone else is WATCHING A FUCKING TV SHOW.

I actually got so mad that I smashed my laptop, which broke it and I had to wait a few days for to see the rest of it. Goddamn if you make noise while someone else is watching a tv show you should die.

You are missing the point of why people hate Upham. If he was a crying on the beach of Omaha, people wouldn't judge him so harshly because there is bullet flying everywhere and people dying left and right. Its the fact that he sat and cried in a stairwell, completely alone, while his comrade was slowly murdered upstairs.

It would be like if you came home armed with a gun, heard the screams of your loved one dying upstairs, and than you proceed to sit down and do fucking nothing while listening to them die. At that point you are basically an accomplice to murder, you could of prevented it but chose to let it happen.

Also letting all those POW go at the end was pretty terrible, especially since the last one he freed killed two Americans.

>watching films in class
Public school?

yup

You only say that because you went to one too

The point of his character is to represent Americans who didn't want to enter the war while jews were being gassed, etc. That being said people don't hate him because he represents inaction, they just hate 'cowards' and assume (arrogantly imo) that they would be able to charge up a staircase to their possible death

This

Kek!
I hope yours gets too :^)

I went to a private school that belongs to a cult and we watched movies in class too.

>they just hate 'cowards' and assume (arrogantly imo) that they would be able to charge up a staircase to their possible death

If that were true than there would be no reason for home owners to buy guns, because they would all just run away from danger right?

Now if the film had put Upham in a situation in the film were he had to run through enemy fire or take on multiple enemies at once, people would be more sympathetic towards his hesitation. But to be only a few feet away, completely armed and with no other enemies around, and just listen to your comrade die goes beyond cowardice, its outright aiding his death.

>If that were true than there would be no reason for home owners to buy guns, because they would all just run away from danger right?
how is that relevant

it can

t. man who fights for ethics in games journalism

Never understood why people are so adamant about defending the shitty tactics of the time.

It might be because my play style is more of a turtle, but I fucking hate throwing units into a meat grinder position. If find it fucking wasteful. I can't applaud the 'sacrifice' either because it should be a case of pull back they have the clear advantage, lets not throw away troops.

How did any in command feel about this? Exhaust the enemy ammo supply? Sheer numbers with no regard to cost of life? Was territory more important than the millions of grunts who probably wouldn't have had that much changed about their life if the upper echelon was to change.

I just don't sympathise with the scenario be it grunts on either side or people in command positions. Glad tactics and technology have progressed past this.

Wtf I watched this last night

>slavery was the best thing that ever happened to africans
>the holocaust is a myth
>germany did nothing wrong in starting ww2, it's all cuzza versailles
Why do rightards need to make shit up 24/7? Oh yeah, because they're rightards.

I hope you know no one takes you seriously

>slavery abloo bloo

And that's why.

>I support my assertion with ad-hom

Wew lad.

This might be true if the war is on your doorstep, with the threat of rape, sex slavery, etc.

But saying that Army wives living in the US are they primary victims of war is retarded

>mfw this is me in less than 5 years thanks to Soros and all the corrupt patsies that let the world fall further and further into hell

In hindsight a lot of things in saving private ryan seemed dumb, they are too 'movie-ie" if you know what I mean.
Spielberg knows how to pull heartstrings and when you realize you are just being tricked it diminishes the effects of realizing what some of the people both allies and axis went through.
Movies like this and Schindlers list are not art, nor movies, they're propaganda, used to force a certain narrative down our throats

The next big one won't be anything like WWII

becuase they needed to have a dramatic death to ground the movie and give it another low point
they just found their best clue as to where ryan was and at this piunt the only person to die was caparzo. It was bound to happen

whats he saying at the end?
Is it
>I wanna go home
or
>I dont want to go
I could never figure it out

Don't worry. Best case scenario you'll just transform into a black outline on a wall when the nukes annihilates your entire city.

same, the gore in the opening beach scene is fucked up, but something about how small the bullet holes in his chest/stomach are, and they keeping oozing blood without stopping while the squad is panicking trying to save him is more disturbing

sounds like both
>youtube.com/watch?v=uFFlHFgYmpU

>I WANNA GO HOME, I DONT WANNA GO

>I DONT WANNA GO
youtube.com/watch?v=VVgUYLV3v6U

because Mr. white was a fucking professional
>dropping one of the criminals off at a hosptial after the job goes wrong
easy way to get him arrested, which means he would have ratted their location out. Or at the very least he would have been dropping him off to an ensured arrest. He said he could get him patched up and probably could have, criminals have connections like that

well he deserved it. He had the chance to leave with Cpt. Miller but decided to stay, and they all had to go through all of that just for him
Its more of a "hey we all fucking died for you so make it count"

yeah I saw that History buffs thing on youtube as well

Is that his mom taking the picture?

Wrong.

He says it in one of the previous scenes. That when his men die they died to save more men. The mission was the antithesis to that. So he blew out the MG because he had already lost 2 men.

Look at those stick thin arms

>Caparzo survives the beach landings
>genuinely appears to be a good soldier
>get to Neuville
>immediately starts acting like a retard and gets killed

What did Spielberg mean by this?

Especially being shot in the stomach, that would be agonising. If I remember right they OD him don't they?
Terrible way to go.

as an educated Atheist I have no fear of death or pain. If I were in that situation I would have been telling my soldiers how to patch a bullet wound, or how to set a broken bone. anything that would have helped them after they lost their medic. we all die, no matter what, and when it happens everything is over. there's no point in fearing death. this is the only scene in the movie that genuinely pisses me off.

I didn't know that about the .45 ACP, thanks user. I don't know why I like morbid facts like this.

Except in the film one guy says "thunder, or we will fire upon you" which means thunder was supposed to be the challenge word.

Also, iirc in the BoB book there's a story about a guy who yelled "lightning" cause he forgot the password and ended up getting a grenade lobbed at him.

so know that you're 13 have you tried jacking off yet.

This b8 post is the machine gun nest and so many anons ran straight at it.

>so know that you're 13
>so know

shocking

why didn't they just fucking walk around to the back and flank it. Is there some super obvious reason why they didn't do this, it just seems so unbelievably retarded.

what a professional memester, enjoy the you's buddy you earned them

are you kidding? Elem Klimov got blacklisted by the soviet government for come and see

is this a Cred Forums meme im unaware of?

>I DON'T WANNA DIEE
>Proceeds to die

is he a retard?

friendly reminder that war is necessary

I agree. Let's send women to die instead.

>after
what about before?

When push comes to shove smart white people will just release some disease that will eradicate the non-whites.

The only trick is to release it before the asians release their own variant.

Also the first world population is manageable if not stagnant, the problem is third world shitholes where they breed exponentially.

Asiatics have a contempt for life itself

they are never happier than when they are throwing their miserable lives away en masse as cannon fodder

This quote is frustrating because she actually does have a point, actually quite a legitimate one. But, it's not well expressed, and it's edited into a soundbite.

People focus on the male experience of war, which is indeed profound and painful, whereas women typically have to construct society in the wake of war.

It is not an insult to Bob the Soldier to also notice that Sally the Wife must raise children no matter the war's outcome. If Bob the Soldier dies, then that is tragic, and he deserves all appropriate respect...however, Bob's wife still has to carry on the family.

It's hard. Life is hard. It's actually not dumb at all to consider how women at the homefront are also working their fucking asses off.

Sidenote, albeit relevant: I was going through my WWII vet grandfather's trunk in the basement. There is a whole trove of letters between the two of them. Among many awesome things, I also saw a postcard, never mailed: a postcard with a medal attached, saying "to [so-and-so], you were always the finest soldier of all". I had wondered what it meant. I had wondered what the significance of this had been. Turns out that [so-and-so] had been a nickname for my grandma. He never mailed the postcard, because he was able to deliver it in person. It went into the trunk, with all the other war things, because he had wanted to shut it away.

im also not a cartoon frog

>I don't wanna die!
>He died
Plothole?

It was a morale thing, if they succeed it is an amazing story, if they fail then the mission gets buried and the families are told they died in the front lines

You got to be based like Captain Speirs

youtube.com/watch?v=O5YpUsDsHmk

Explain how Schindler's list is propaganda, stormfag

Rapid wartime promotions were certainly not unheard of during the World Wars. My great uncle started the war as a 2nd Lt and ended it a Major. Eisenhower went from Colonel to a four star General in two years.

I just watched this tonight desu. I have seen it countless times and without fail i weep so hard at this scene. Giovanni Ribisi was so good. Same with just the sound of the p51s flying in. I pop this movie in whenever i need a good crying release.

To be a true Jew your mother has to be Jewish. You faggots spamming this image all the time have to try harder.

Why do threads for movies pop up like a day or so after I watch them? I'm going to expect an Eyes Wide Shut thread tomorrow.

thanks for the (You)'s guys, that's all i really wanted

>as an educated Atheist

this is god-tier bait right here

>that scene where the 20mm flak gun showed up with all the guys on the tank
It always hits like a ton of bricks when it opens fire. Jesus Christ.

>Capt Miller was in his 30s and still a fucking Captain, which means he was probably a fuckup from the get go. Just a bad play on his part. So their sole medic got fucked.

Considering Captain Miller was a teacher just prior to the war he probably did not serve in the military very long whenever he did his original service. Or else he was drafted when the war started and since he had a college degree he was put through officer candidate school and then sent to war.

Point is: he might have gone in at 18 years ago and then left when he was 24 or might have only been in military since the war started.

"If I shitpost long enough, people will think it's true"

>the stomach

How had no one responded to this yet? He literally freaks out when he self-diagnoses the liver shot. It's a quick-ish bleed out.

I've always wondered if the Japanese soldiers were really as fanatical as claimed or if our guys just slaughtered them without giving them a chance to surrender. I mean at some of those islands in the Pacific they hardly captured any Japanese at all and I just find it a bit suspect that fanaticism in the ranks could really be that high.

It's because those Japanese soldiers would hold grenades and blow themselves up as well as American soldiers while surrendering. Eventually this took a toll on American soldiers and they no longer wanted to risk their lives to take prisoners. Japanese soldiers were indoctrinated into thinking Americans would torture and kill them if they surrendered, so they honestly believed their best way out was suicide. This is all very well documented and can easily be read up on.

It is a general truism that in movies killed/wounded is way skewed towards the KIA.

>it's a Cred Forums glorifies and feels genuine emotion from a blatant American propaganda film episode

I recall hearing that a lot of Japs committed Seppuku rather than even be caught in a position of surrender. They also did suicidal bonzai charges frequently enough. Plus the whole kamikaze thing wasn't made up.

THUNDER

Do it again bomber Harris

I laughed during this part. Another dead Ameriscum, I like it.

The film is kike propaganda. Who cares.

Naw, japs gave no fucks. They were indoctrinate to "die"

Before the whole pacific campaign, they were doing their whole conquest of asia prior. Have you heard of the war crimes they committed at these times? Japs gave zero fucks about everyone

How realistic is the premise of sending out just a couple of guys and an apparently very competent captain all the way across France to find a man?

There any cases of anything like this during the war?

The actual mission that is carried out in SPR was undertaken by one man, a army chaplain. That's right. SPR happened, but it was one goddamn man.

Ive been thinking about that also.

In the church/barn or whatever, when they were trying to sleep, Miller said he lost 93 men under his command. And he recalls a story of one of his lost men that he was funny and would walk on his hands sometimes. So he must have served elsewhere like north africa maybe? I havent watched the movie in awhile so i may be wrong

This is GSCE History knowledge lad

>Jewish-Americans killing Wehrmacht soldiers by cowardish means
>get rekt

this is sad to Americans

get gassed

I'm not even going to reply directly to you

>That scene where they go
>"Flash."
>"Fuck!"
>"That is incorrect, private."

youtube.com/watch?v=8yD_c1pnQ6k

Hello,
best warfilm in the history of kino
what is up?

Would it be depressing if MLK died from crashing a truck full of watermelons into a KFC store? No, because some deaths are "you reap what you sow" tier.

In the movie, they had an excellent marksman- which they did not utilise- and enough space to pick a direction of attack that wasn't straight into the machine guns, which they didn't do. The plan of attack on the emplacement was very poorly thought out and guaranteed casualties.

why did no one give the actual answer to this.

there WAS a better way to attack the machine gun nest. they had a sniper, a good one. AND, they had a mission, and it didnt involve stopping along every machine gun next and eliminating it, it was find pvt ryan.

the point as that miller was slipping, the toll of war on his mind. it WAS supposed to be a brutal, senseless death, it was supposed to represent the horrors of war. people died, who didnt need to die