I don't believe in all that bible stuff

>I don't believe in all that bible stuff
>So you're an atheist?
>Not exactly, I do believe there is good and evil, and right and wrong

Why don't atheists belive in right and wrong?

What is the image from?

Because the only logical derivation of "natural morality" is incompatible with liberalism and civilization as a whole.

Luficer

Morality doesn't exist without religion.

Then how are there non religious people who are decent and behave like civilized, intelligent humans?

Atheism is a meme. You say that you don't believe to look cool, but deep down you know you'll be judged after your death.

Here (You) go.

>but deep down you know you'll be judged after your death.

Because they are still descended from religious man and adhere to religious convention.

religion is popular in the middle-east, america and select third world countries.

guess which country OP is from.

i-dont-know-whos-trolling-who-anymore.jpg.png.gif.mp3

Pretty much. We needed religion to get the ball rolling. Sadly, we still need it because we're still killing each other every day. Without a system of morality imposed through a false concept, the world would fall apart.

>religion is stopping people from killing each other

moron.

>Without a system of morality imposed through a false concept
I don't agree with your conclusion, in my view it is and was all true.

Religion is funny that way. Stay mad, cuck.

Explain animals that act collectively then - herds, hives, packs, shoals etc.

Are they secretly worshipping animal gods?

But you can't prove any of it. All you have is a book whose date and author can't be agreed on.

Humans do not operate as packs.

Because they're brought up in western civilization which was founded on decidedly Christian morals. Their definition of being decent and behaving like civilized, intelligent humans is predicated on those Christian values.

Had say, the Mongolians successfully overtaken the world and imposed their views, you'd have completely different definitions on what being a decent, civilized and intelligent human meant.

>What are villages
>What are tribes

Chimpanzees have been known to predate on other primates, often cannibalizing them while they still lived and struggled back. As high up on the evolutionary ladder that they are, they still lack any sense of morality and operate on instinct.

It's just common sense though. Control your emotions and urges, don't attack people, don't rape, don't murder, etc.

Common sense predicated on your Christian-based morals. Attacking other people is perfectly acceptable for any number of reasons in most other cultures. Rape is acceptable in most. Murder too.

Basically religious people need religion to tell them what to do, to tell them between right and wrong. it's the only thing stopping them from killing. while everyone else doesn't do these things because they know it's wrong

>i know rape and murder is wrong and im not a christian
>the fact that i was born and raised in a christian country with laws and societal decorum fashioned after christian ethics is pure coincidence
>why do other countries not built on christianity feel that rape and killing can be okay?
>uhhh no reason

Those other cultures are raised on violence and hate and have to be more vulgar to survive since they aren't as civilized and advanced.

That might be the stupidest post in this whole thread of stupid posts.

watching 16 year olds discuss religion is precious

Sorry my post triggered you.

Who's to say that morality is not an instinct? Just because we use intelligence to come up with logical explanations for it doesn't mean that its not simply set in our genes.
Natural selection easily explains morality. Take two tribes, A and B. A is accidentally full of people who are inclined to stick with their own and enjoy organized effort. B is, again, accidentally, full of asocial punks who love nothing more than murdering their neighbor at night. Which tribe is more likely to survive and propagate similar offsprings? And larger the tribe grows, more important social (read: moral) it becomes to behave as a team to survive, collect food and ward off external threats, therefore with time societies naturally grow more peaceful-minded and breed nicer people.

Nothing in science supports the existence of an innate, natural morality. It's just our relative, subjective perceptions that evolved because they allow us to be genetically successful, according to science. There is also zero evidence of free will, which makes it hard to have good or evil.

Historically, B raided A and killed their men and integrated their women into their own culture through rape and forced births.

>he's actually being serious

You misread my example, why would being internally organized make A any weaker than dysfunctional B dipshits? How would B ever get together for a raid? Historically, nomadic and raiding tribes were always also very religious and united under a ruler.

The same way that every barbarous tribe in history flourished, I imagine. Saxon tribes predated on one another just as much as any external threat but were hugely successful throughout history despite it.

>couldn't refute his argument

Which of you do you think it looks like won the exchange?

Yeah, just look at amazingly successful barbaric tribes of Somalia today. Entire civilized West fears them

Because humans, or rather the hominids that preceded humans, evolved to be social animals and with that social lifestyle came a sort of built in logic on how to best take advantage.

And then of course we built morals and religions around that fact, and while a lot of details change, the overall base moral stricture still generally remain the same no matter the times and culture.

>he's pretending to be an impartial third party instead of the butthurt seriousfag

Most philosophers disagree. You know, the kind of people that study ethics for a living.

Those Saxon tribes where not dysfunctional dipshits though. They were just tribes who stuck together who failed/succeeded in beating other tribes who stuck together.